New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fyraltari's Furiously Farcical Random Banter Thread #247

I finally got my tiefling cosplay stream-ready!

CW: rude hand gestures

Spoiler: Embedded photos
    Show
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Metroid Dread (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

God, you're so good at cosplay. And right in time for Halloween Month too!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    The comic industry ****ing sucks, as it pertains to super hero comics.
    Tbh it's not really limited to the comic industry. Has there even been a decent superhero film since Mystery Men?

Also urgh, why do D&D based games insist on including magic footwear? I'm a hobbit paladin, shoes are against my religion.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Tbh it's not really limited to the comic industry. Has there even been a decent superhero film since Mystery Men?

Also urgh, why do D&D based games insist on including magic footwear? I'm a hobbit paladin, shoes are against my religion.
    Yes actually, quite a few. Guardians of the Galaxy volume 1, 2, and 3 just off the top of my head are all legitimately very strong films, with the third one being emotionally devastating in the extreme to yours truly. That said Mystery Men also kicks ass.

Ask your local mage-craft expert to convert them into anklets.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

God, you're so good at cosplay. And right in time for Halloween Month too!
    Thanks! I might use Halloween as an excuse to wear it for other streams, but I'm probably going to take a short break when I finish Pathfinder:K (I've been streaming it since December -.-).

Plus it's all good practise for my girl Karlach!
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Metroid Dread (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

6. - Top - End - #66

Pop culture Triva: In Scooby Doo and Krypto, To, a direct-to-video film where Krypto the Superdog recruits Mystery Inc to help solve the mystery of the Justice League's disappearance, it is established that Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen cannot recognize Velma if she isn't wearing her glasses, even if she takes them off and puts them back on in front of them.

Other tidbits include Fred apparently having a crush on Harley Quinn despite knowing full well that she's a psychotic supervillain and Scooby and Shaggy trying to join the main bad guy of the movie after a mention of their plan involving giving away snacks.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Yes actually, quite a few. Guardians of the Galaxy volume 1, 2, and 3 just off the top of my head are all legitimately very strong films, with the third one being emotionally devastating in the extreme to yours truly. That said Mystery Men also kicks ass.
    I really didn't get on with Guardians of the Cliché. It's like, I've got nothing against some good pulp, but it wasn't even enjoyably cheesy like the John Carter film was.

Also Mystery Men still has my favourite portrayal of anger based powers in any medium.

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    Plus it's all good practise for my girl Karlach!
    Karlach be amaze and more characters need to be like her. I really wish the game had fewer full body armours because her mixture of scars and body mods looks so ****ing cool.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2023-09-30 at 06:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Karlach is by far my favorite companion. She's just so positive.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Pop culture Triva: In Scooby Doo and Krypto, To, a direct-to-video film where Krypto the Superdog recruits Mystery Inc to help solve the mystery of the Justice League's disappearance, it is established that Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen cannot recognize Velma if she isn't wearing her glasses, even if she takes them off and puts them back on in front of them.

Other tidbits include Fred apparently having a crush on Harley Quinn despite knowing full well that she's a psychotic supervillain and Scooby and Shaggy trying to join the main bad guy of the movie after a mention of their plan involving giving away snacks.
    I just saw a clip of that and it's like, patently absurd but really funny so it's okay. Like John Cena leaping down to stop a boulder bare handed.

I really didn't get on with Guardians of the Cliché. It's like, I've got nothing against some good pulp, but it wasn't even enjoyably cheesy like the John Carter film was.

Also Mystery Men still has my favourite portrayal of anger based powers in any medium.

Karlach be amaze and more characters need to be like her. I really wish the game had fewer full body armours because her mixture of scars and body mods looks so ****ing cool.
    Your loss friend. I think you'd like the second two of them more than the first since they are decidedly more cheesy (EGO the Living Planet shows up in two, and in three we go to an entire space station made of meat! The film also emotionally devestates you like three times with Rocket's character stuff and it is beautiful).

The part I love about that is that we're never like, fully truly sure if Mr Furious actually HAS anger based powers or not, or if he's just getting stronger due to normal ol' adrenaline, and I love it.

Karlach is definitely up there in terms of characterization. She kicks ass.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Karlach is by far my favorite companion. She's just so positive.
    Oh, she's a darling.

The part I love about that is that we're never like, fully truly sure if Mr Furious actually HAS anger based powers or not, or if he's just getting stronger due to normal ol' adrenaline, and I love it.
    I mean, he's not exactly a terrible fighter anyway, at least when he's not acting like he's stronger than he his. It's mostly just that he's this chill normal guy acting like an angry edgelord is really funny to me.

Karlach is definitely up there in terms of characterization. She kicks ass.
    She's got a great character, a great design, and her character arc is adorable whether or not you're romancing her.

Although she has kind of become my Second True Romance for the game, because her scenes are so sweet.

I also think it's great that she's a beefy, heavily scarred girl (with very realistic burn scars)*, but the game doesn't treat her as less attractive or feminine for it. And then it turns out she's the sweetest person ever and more genuinely heroic than even Wyll. Simply an amazing character.

* I'd love to find a mod that extends the scarring to her face.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

11. - Top - End - #71

I mean, he's not exactly a terrible fighter anyway, at least when he's not acting like he's stronger than he his. It's mostly just that he's this chill normal guy acting like an angry edgelord is really funny to me.

She's got a great character, a great design, and her character arc is adorable whether or not you're romancing her.

Although she has kind of become my Second True Romance for the game, because her scenes are so sweet.

I also think it's great that she's a beefy, heavily scarred girl (with very realistic burn scars)*, but the game doesn't treat her as less attractive or feminine for it. And then it turns out she's the sweetest person ever and more genuinely heroic than even Wyll. Simply an amazing character.

Honestly the thing I like about Mr Furious the most is that Ben Stiller is physically incapable of actually seeming to be any degree of mad other than "a puppy dog throwing a tantrum". Maybe I'm biased from Zoolander and Night in the Museum but the man has the anger quotient of a teddy bear with scribbled on angry eyebrows. It makes his "I'm a really angry volcano of rage who gets super strength when I get mad" such a funnier joke.

Honestly though I think my favorite is the Shoveler. Or Daughter of The Bowler, who is cute as heck.

God, as good as Karlach is I do also agree that Baldur's Gate 3 is a little too married to the body types they've made. Karlach should be nearly ten feet tall, wider than the boy squad shoulder to shoulder, and COVERED in scars. I'm not one of the people who thinks her current model is like, bad or anything, but I do feel like she should look like a gender flipped Hellboy whose recently taken a journey through an astral woodchipper and won.

12. - Top - End - #72

Spoiler: Baldur's Gate 3
    Show
    I heard a rumor, so veracity is what you give it here, that Wyll was originally going to start out as someone who got credit and accolades without actually earning it before you meet, but still wanting to live up to the hype around him. And his arc could basically go in teo directions, someone who is genuinely good but is seen as a villain by the workd, or someone who doesn't actually help anyone but retains the heroic myth in the eyes of the people.

If true, that would have been amazing. And if that more or less actually is how his arc plays out, well, I'm still in Act 1 so don't tell me.

13. - Top - End - #73

Show
    I heard a rumor, so veracity is what you give it here, that Wyll was originally going to start out as someone who got credit and accolades without actually earning it before you meet, but still wanting to live up to the hype around him. And his arc could basically go in teo directions, someone who is genuinely good but is seen as a villain by the workd, or someone who doesn't actually help anyone but retains the heroic myth in the eyes of the people.

If true, that would have been amazing. And if that more or less actually is how his arc plays out, well, I'm still in Act 1 so don't tell me.
    All I can really say is that in the early access, his story was entirely different.

If I recall it was something like...
    Spoiler
    Show
    the whole Blade of Frontiers thing started out of desperation and a desire for revenge. Warlock pact was made to survive getting his level 1 adventurer ass saved from the goblins that made ****ed him up. Then it turned out his patron was actually kinda hype about him playing the hero with a dark secret and encouraged him to become what he claimed he actually was- and they kinda got together. Then the Mindflayer ship kidnapped his patron and he failed to save her, bumping his ass back down to level 1 and giving him a very serious case of the "give me back my girlfriend who feeds me intense magical powers".

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

American comics? Yeah, they suck.
    I like how you're saying this on the forum for an American webcomic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I see youve never read Maus.
    Didn't really hear about it until like four years ago, still meaning to pick it up.
    Maus is super good. It's one of those comics where you can re-read and learn new things every time.

The author also used to do indie comics. They feel very different from Maus, but you can see that they shape it as well.

I finally got my tiefling cosplay stream-ready!

CW: rude hand gestures

Spoiler: Embedded photos
    Show
    Nice! That's really good. I'm also playing a Pathfinder computer game right now.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Spoiler
    Show
    That would have made a lot of sense, and fits really work with how Karlach's recruitment works. As it is there's elements of that but his arc is focused on different areas. Even his glory hound tendencies are kind of out of focus.

Show

16. - Top - End - #76

I slept off most of the afternoon because I wasn't feeling well and now I can't get to sleep.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Nice! That's really good. I'm also playing a Pathfinder computer game right now.
    Thanks! I'm still in awe that it's me under there.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I slept off most of the afternoon because I wasn't feeling well and now I can't get to sleep.
    I sympathise - I am very careful not to sleep in the afternoon for this very reason. Sometimes you just have to, though...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks! I'm still in awe that it's me under there.
    Wait, that wasn't your alternate universe Tiefling counterpart?

Show

20. - Top - End - #80

Zodi update: in exceptional pain aaaaa.

Threw out a few nights ago, now my bones hurt. Back, ribs, the work. Please send good vibes.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Firbolg in the Playground

Not sure what "threw out" means in this context; just you overexerted yourself?

Either way, feel better!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Threw out a few nights ago, now my bones hurt. Back, ribs, the work. Please send good vibes.
    Oof, I hope you get better soon.

Spoiler: Incoming vibes
    Show

Last edited by Fyraltari; 2023-10-02 at 01:42 PM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Not sure what "threw out" means in this context; just you overexerted yourself?

Either way, feel better!
    Meant threw up. Typing is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Oof, I hope you get better soon.

Spoiler: Incoming vibes
    Show

Thank you. Those are some good dang vibes. Especially like the capybara.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds bad. Hope the worst is over soon, at least.

Thank you. Those are some good dang vibes. Especially like the capybara.
    Clearly you have never been publicly humiliated by their kind (okay, so it wasn't their fault, but I still can't see a capybara without thinking about it )

On a completely different note, I just spent like ten minutes failing to open a bottle of olive oil, before using tools to force it open. Not entirely sure whether it was broken or had some sort of super-safe child-proofing, but hoping for the former for the sake of my pride (and also, why would someone child-proof olive oil?).

25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd offer you new bones, but I kind of still need mine. I hope the pain fades away sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    On a completely different note, I just spent like ten minutes failing to open a bottle of olive oil, before using tools to force it open. Not entirely sure whether it was broken or had some sort of super-safe child-proofing, but hoping for the former for the sake of my pride (and also, why would someone child-proof olive oil?).
    Interesting fact: like gremlins and water, children multiply when exposed to olive oil. They know this and use all of their insidious cunning to acquire said oil to replace humans as the dominant species.

Last edited by Form; 2023-10-02 at 02:26 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

If every country had a Captain America equivalent, Captain Australia would probably be one of the more ****ed-up looking Spider-Totems.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, that wasn't your alternate universe Tiefling counterpart?
    How do you know my other selfies aren't my alternate universe human counterpart?

Spoiler: Selfies from after my last Pathfinder stream last night
    Show

Transmitting the finest vibes available. :(
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2023-10-03 at 05:31 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88

The speculative biology series I brought up a while ago dropped another episode, this time detailing 'Frankenstein's' monster, quotes theirs.

Haven't watched it yet so no clue how it manages to justify what is either a stitched-up corpse or a work of alchemy though given how they justified living mummies it'll probably be thought-provoking.

Edit: Homunculi are mentioned, but it goes with the "stitched together body parts" version.

Issues with how it works are addressed with 1: Parts being harvested from freshly dead people via connections at various hospitals and more and then put in cryostorage to prevent decay and cellular death so the individual organs and issues and such were still alive at the cellular level. 2: All tissues being taken from people with Type O blood. 3: In addition to the painstaking surgical integration of parts, a "bio-electric lattice" was threaded through the body which combined with certain organic compounds would stimulate the different body parts to heal and grow together. 4: Anomalous technology—of a mysterious origin—allowed the creator to stitch together functional, stable genetic sequences that would then be integrated into the nuclei of the cells of the creature in order to make sure that the disparate parts could function together and limit the risk of tissue rejection. 5: No brain transplant, instead a singular intact head and torso that fit the body type that the scientist wanted was used as the base with other limbs and organs being grafted on and unwanted organs being replaced. Noted that removing the brain and/or spinal cord of an individual and then trying to graft it back together would destroy the neural connections and there's no way to fix that.

The temperament of the creature seemed to be a mixture of movie and novel, where it starts simple-minded but was developing rapidly and seems to be alternating between severance and hatred for the scientist as well as a degree of existential angst at its own existence.

Noes for the metaplot surrounding the series as a whole. This video is noted to have been "one of the first" chronologically, bt not the first as references to recordings of other creatures are noted. The scientist who created the creature is apparently a colleague of the narrator who went awol after his funding got cut, they knew each other enough that the narrator found a letter addressed to himself in the other scientist's lab, although details are not shared. Special attention is paid to the anomalous gene editing technology and wondering where ti came from but "the time for studying it has past" and note that the virus used to carry the edited genes into the creature's tissues did not match any virus on record.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-10-03 at 07:45 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

How do you know my other selfies aren't my alternate universe human counterpart?
    Don't be silly, humans don't exist

Show

30. - Top - End - #90

If every country had a Captain America equivalent
    Theory: every other country does but we just stereotypically don't pay attention.