New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1510
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Fyraltari's Furiously Farcical Random Banter Thread #247

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    There was a bit on one of the late night talk shows, Nielson was the guest and he was asked about his transition and career revival, and he just said he didn't understand it at all. He would be given ordinary lines sometimes, he could just say the most boring things, and people thought it was hilarious. And he just did not understand it, but he also didn't need to understand it, he just needed to keep doing it.

And it was a pretty funny interview.
    Truth be told I feel like that's a joke on his part, and he absolutely knows what the deal is. He's playing into his comedic role; namely that he says stuff Seriously, even if it's not supposed to be serious, and that BECOMES the comedy. Seriously unserious!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    I was thinking more like "You could be better at something new than something you've been doing for years, `but it's different` is convenient reasoning rather than substantial"; but I guess that works too
    That's a valid answer too!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    It's been like a decade since I was active here, I'm happy to see the forum's still around and active!
    Oh hey, a great old one I don't actually recognize... and I joined around ten years ago so that tracks, honestly. Welcome back!

2. - Top - End - #1082

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    It's been like a decade since I was active here, I'm happy to see the forum's still around and active!
    Hi.

If you need help distinguishing me from other people who've started posting in Random Banter since you got here, I'm the one who periodically posts random comic book trivia and/or random super-power exploits that pop into my head.

For example Trivia: sometimes previous articles wil just outright lie to you. A few months ago there were articles stating that Black Widow would be taking over as the next main host of Venom. What actually happened is that she's paying a role in the current Venom storyline and bonded toa new symbiote who is either Venom's eighth offspring or Toxin's first.

(The Symbiote's name is Widow, because what's creativity, am I right?)

Weird ass idea: Part of my weird brain is fixated on, if I found myself in the Marvel universe, injecting myself with a standard blood draw's worth of blood each from Captain America, Dr. Malus, and a recently introduced minor character named Corwin Jones.

Don't ask why unless you want a wall of text.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Truth be told I feel like that's a joke on his part, and he absolutely knows what the deal is. He's playing into his comedic role; namely that he says stuff Seriously, even if it's not supposed to be serious, and that BECOMES the comedy. Seriously unserious!
    I'll see if i can't find the video when i get off work, but my impression was that he understood the hilarity of his deadpan portrayal of ridiculous situations, but was legitimately baffled at how he could just say something and it would he perceived as funny - he gave an example as he said that, he was like, "watch, here -" and said something fairly boring, but it was legit funny. Not absurdist, just s normal thing.

Other than that, yeah, he totally leaned into the career resurgence in comedy. IIRC his epitaph is "LET 'ER RIP". Which is just brilliant.

Also, even knowing he had a whole career as a straight man, it's still weird to see him play it serious in Columbo. About on the same level as Dick Van Dyke playing a murderer (different episode). It's just weird to see DVD not smile constantly.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Hi.

If you need help distinguishing me from other people who've started posting in Random Banter since you got here, I'm the one who periodically posts random comic book trivia and/or random super-power exploits that pop into my head.
    Meanwhile I'm the one probably feeling out about Doctor Who or Warhammer (argh Rogue Trader releases tomorrow but I don't have the free time to start an install until Friday, or access to a machine that can definitely run it until next week).

For example Trivia: sometimes previous articles wil just outright lie to you. A few months ago there were articles stating that Black Widow would be taking over as the next main host of Venom. What actually happened is that she's paying a role in the current Venom storyline and bonded toa new symbiote who is either Venom's eighth offspring or Toxin's first.

(The Symbiote's name is Widow, because what's creativity, am I right?)
    If they had creativity they'd have moved onto new characters by now

Not that I can judge, I'm terrible at naming superheroes. Sentinel, Paladin, Fortuna, Terminal, my name's are a bit generic and uncool. I'm much better with villains though, I'm trying to draft a M&M module/campaign with a villain team called High Society.

Weird ass idea: Part of my weird brain is fixated on, if I found myself in the Marvel universe, injecting myself with a standard blood draw's worth of blood each from Captain America, Dr. Malus, and a recently introduced minor character named Corwin Jones.

Don't ask why unless you want a wall of text.
    I'm assuming you'd end up becoming a peak physical specimen of, I dunno, a venom symbiote infecting the lovechild of Godzilla and a xenomorph queen or something like that.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #1085

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I'm assuming you'd end up becoming a peak physical specimen of, I dunno, a venom symbiote infecting the lovechild of Godzilla and a xenomorph queen or something like that.
    Nothing that convoluted.

the super soldier serum can transplant beneficial traits across individuals, even cross-species if you inject it into someone along with a blood sample of another individual. For example, an agent of hydra codenamed Unsterblich was turned into a fledgling god by mixing an injection of Captain America's blood with blood samples from Thor and a preserved blood sample from Achilles.

Dr. Malus, as I've mentioned before, turned himself into a human-symbiote hybrid after he survived being eaten alive by Carnage and applied what he'd learned while "gestating" inside the symbiote.

Corwin Jones was the antagonist of Cult of Carnage: Misery, which despite the name has less to do with cults and Carnage and more to do with corporate warfare/espionage between two companies, Alechmax and the Life Foundation, who are independently trying to weaponize symbiotes.

Corwin was a guard at Alchemax who had a terminal illness and the Life Foundation agreed to hook him up with a high-level symbiote that could keep his illness in check if he stole Alchemax's symbiotes—Riot, Phage, Lasher, Agony, Scream, and a clone of Toxin—after Alchmax Founder, president,a dn CEO Liz Allen refused to do a collaboration.

Corwin stole them, but wasn't away of non-sentient samples of Anti-Venom and Carnage that the company had access to, which were in fact on Liz Allen's person and which she used to save her life after being mortally wounded in the robbry. Those two samples combined to for the titular Misery.

Carlton Drake rewards Corwin as promised with Madness: A composite symbiote created by combining the symbiotes he captured together via a specialized armor meant to keep them in check, after taking samples of research of course.

At the climax of the miniseries, Liz allows him to absorb Misery, who has her own personality, knowing that he wouldn't be able to control her which causes its anti-venom properties to burn the symbiotes causing them to abandon him.

This means that he holds the record, currently, for most symbiotes bonded to one person at either seven or eight, depending on whether or not Misery counts as one symbiote or two. Each symbiote with its own powers and specialties when it comes to applications of common powers.

(Eddie Brock has more but he's currently not existing in linear time.)

As I've mentioned before, symbiotes leave behind "codices" in their hosts and when the concept was introduced, a standard blood draw contained enough symbiote matter to spin out a usable codex sample.

Once the serum grafts Malus's symbiote half to me, if I was ever miraculously in such a position, I'd be able to absorb not only Corwin's codices, but the three from Captain America's blood as well which wouldn't add new abilities per se but would add more raw power.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-12-06 at 06:35 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

I am really excited, because there are an unfortunate number of people in the Warhammer community who are gatekeep-y jerks, but I found a cool artist from Venezuela to draw both my fanon primarchs and he seems as excited to draw them as I am to have a good picture of them.

Should have the initial pic around the start of the year.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello there! (General Kenobi! ...You are a bold one.)
    In response to the riddles that were discussed here a few days ago, I just created a thread dedicated to all your puzzle and riddle needs. Come try to solve hypothetical conundrums and share your favorite enigmas with your fellow forumites!
    Last edited by Coppercloud; 2023-12-07 at 05:25 AM.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing that convoluted.

[Something even more convoluted]
    Right, I need to do something comparatively simple to let my brain deal with that. Like working out where all the Big Finish stories fit in the canon timeline.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

9. - Top - End - #1089

Right, I need to do something comparatively simple to let my brain deal with that. Like working out where all the Big Finish stories fit in the canon timeline.
    It's really not that complicated.

"Become a human-symbiote hybrid with a broad and robust set of skills and powers" is inherently less complicated than "become a hybrid of three different things, one of which doesn't exist in the same universe as the other two."

If I wanted to be convoluted I'd have gone for more blood samples.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-12-07 at 07:56 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nothing that convoluted.

[10 paragraphs of explanation later]
    I think this might be the quintessential Rater experience.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

11. - Top - End - #1091

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I think this might be the quintessential Rater experience.
    Okay, seriously, this is pretty straightforward by my standards.

If you want convoluted I can giveyou convoluted.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

You already have, we're still trying to puzzle it out.

Show

13. - Top - End - #1093

Yeah no I'm with Rater here. Nothing they're describing is all that convoluted for comic books, and is far less convoluted than working out how Godzilla (a creature that does not procreate) would have a child with the alien queen (a creature that does procreate, but whose methods of doing so involve creatures smaller than Godzilla's individual scales). Like, you'd need to make a facehugger big enough for Godzilla that does not immediately get roasted by atomic fire cause it turns out "insert into mouth" on a creature with a breath weapon is a good way to get breathed on, you know?

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah no I'm with Rater here. Nothing they're describing is all that convoluted for comic books, and is far less convoluted than working out how Godzilla (a creature that does not procreate) would have a child with the alien queen (a creature that does procreate, but whose methods of doing so involve creatures smaller than Godzilla's individual scales). Like, you'd need to make a facehugger big enough for Godzilla that does not immediately get roasted by atomic fire cause it turns out "insert into mouth" on a creature with a breath weapon is a good way to get breathed on, you know?
    Big facehugger, time machine, hit Godzilla while he's sleeping.

Show

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Descending the marble steps leading away from the administrative offices of a midwestern university I am currently employed at (and I consequently am impelled by privacy and propriety to not name) I re-acquainted myself with Algernon Banner, a one-time post-graduate colleague who had toured with me on the West Coast during a intimate 12 date showing of a local farce. The years since our involvement in the technical aspects of "The Bountiful Beau of Brigadier Blanquart" had been similarly unkind to Banner, whose round and sagging face put me in mind of a shopping bag that had washed up on the shore in winter.

The old bore had caught me in an anecdote whose only punctuation was a series of phlegmy coughs targeted directly into a handkerchief. It appears he had been held as a political prisoner in Central Asia since at least mid-March, on what he insists (to a worrying degree) was a misunderstanding. It was only under the timely sabre-rattling of the nearby U.S. embassy that the poor fellow found himself on a plane back to our woody little midwestern berg to cash in socially on his brush with death. Clearly he had exhausted it for all the clout it was going to get him if he was stopping distant acquaintances on the steps of admin to regale them with the story.

I told him honestly that I had heard nothing about his recent misfortunes, as I had spent much of the year in Quebec attempting to track the movements of lesser known modernist poet Evelyn Foster Pitch, whose works had been out of print since the university's presses had ceased operations in 1999. "There's no money in it anymore" then dean Robert R. Carlisle had told me over the phone while he was in the Bahamas, "We're doubling down on the football program. I need you to take a look at our marketing prospects on that front. If you have to be late to a lecture or two I can tolerate it. **** the proles."

Now, with a team that was still no closer to sniffing division 1 than it was in 1999 in my wake, I tracked the long cold trail of an intransigent bore. I'd only ever met Mrs. Pitch once, at her summer house in Nantucket. She stood on the deck stroking an overgroomed cat and watching me walk all the way from my rented Kia Sorento and up the sand encrusted stairs to greet her. She asked if I'd read her poetry. I lied to keep things professional. It took three and a half hours to drag a signature out of her, kicking and screaming. She deployed stalling tactics as though she were attempting to block a vote, Jimmy Stewart couldn't filibuster any better. At last I got her John Hancock and never returned to that island, New England's own Purgatorio.

So while Algernon was a continent away, getting into scrapes with moody locals, I was sequestered at the ski lodge of Fitzsimmons and St. Cyprian's, hours north of Montreal by car. It was the last place to possess her confirmed signature in the guest book, and I was briefly struck with the thought that I might just try to forge it and go back home, at least in time to watch another dowdy loss to some equally afflicted football program, when I thought better of it. Perhaps I had unknowingly extended psychic feelers out over the Pacific and could feel Algernon's impending incarceration and knew better than to court the same fate.
    Stop writing letters to Viswanathan Anand.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Big facehugger, time machine, hit Godzilla while he's sleeping.
    I mean, Godzilla's not Godzilla in the past, Godzilla's a T-rex that managed to avoid extinction- and even that's mostly dependent on which era you're watching. You'd also... NEED a big facehugger, which I don't imagine would be easy in any capacity.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Do facehuggers need to, well, hug the face? Maybe it'd work by just throwing a regular one into Godzilla's mouth and hope it can do its thing from the inside? Though I suppose even the insides of Godzilla are kinda tough to penetrate.

18. - Top - End - #1098

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Do facehuggers need to, well, hug the face? Maybe it'd work by just throwing a regular one into Godzilla's mouth and hope it can do its thing from the inside? Though I suppose even the insides of Godzilla are kinda tough to penetrate.
    Near I can tell the embryo is laid specifically in the esophagus, and once it is fully grown it works down into the chest, devours as much meat as it can, and then bursts forth from the rib-cage, killing the host. It needs to hug the face to inject the target with a numbing agent that renders the host unconscious, then puts in the egg. This process takes awhile, and can be interrupted by killing and removing the creature, though at risk to the host.

So, even assuming the internal biology of Godzilla is safe for the propagation of parasites (unlikely, that'd be like being thrown into a nuclear reactor) they'd still need to burst out of his flesh, and given they are babies they do not have enough strength to do a LOT of burrowing. At best you'd end up with a malformed half Chest-burster half Xenomorph carcass wedged between an internal injury.

Ripley theorizes in the novelization of Alien 3 that the largest creature a chest burst could successfully make use of is an Asian Bull Elephant. Godzilla could skin one of those to use as like, the patterning for a single pair of shoes. The Facehugger also only really releases the egg once the target is rendered unconscious due to the uh, juices, it pumps into them first, there's simply not enough paralytic in that bad boy to keep Godzilla down, his meat and bones are too thick for the parasite to free itself, and even if all of that stuff was reasonable for it to accomplish the fact of the matter is that Godzilla's a walking elephant's foot- being inside of him is probably not pleasant at the best of times.

Incidentally I AM now imagining a fight between him and the Alien Queen... which wouldn't be much of an issue since she's simply towering over a human being, so it'd be a bit like Godzilla fighting the middle form of Destroyah- a bunch of ants trying to claw apart a giant.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2023-12-07 at 10:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Both of these statements are 100% true.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, Godzilla's not Godzilla in the past, Godzilla's a T-rex that managed to avoid extinction- and even that's mostly dependent on which era you're watching. You'd also... NEED a big facehugger, which I don't imagine would be easy in any capacity.
    There's a time period where Godzilla is Godzilla but hasn't yet awakened to attack Tokyo.

But like, my point is that I'm not going into six different levels of 'well this is how it works'. I don't yet have a plan to get a Venom parasite or giant facehugger, but once you've done that the resulting monstrosity is obvious.

Show

21. - Top - End - #1101

Another day, another array of tests and interviews for the feds.

22. - Top - End - #1102

There's a time period where Godzilla is Godzilla but hasn't yet awakened to attack Tokyo.

But like, my point is that I'm not going into six different levels of 'well this is how it works'. I don't yet have a plan to get a Venom parasite or giant facehugger, but once you've done that the resulting monstrosity is obvious.
    That doesn't seem relevant to the conversation.

All Rater did was explain a relatively simple concept in perhaps greater detail then necessary, I wouldn't say it's more complicated than the logistics of "just get a giant facehugger". You can make anything complex by stating it step by step in excruciating detail, and you can easily dismiss something complicated as simple by wording it simply. Just Draw The Owl, and stuff of that nature.

23. - Top - End - #1103

Im just goig to point out that Todd Ziller was able to eat multiple symbiote-dragons without being taken over by them immediately during Knull's Invasion of Earth and leave it at that for as for how well'd expect a symbiote-possessed Godzilla to work.
    Godzilla is not a T-Rex.

Depending on continuity, Godzilla is either a semi-amphibious marine reptile or a Gojirasaurus... However, I should specify a fictional species called Gojirasaurus, not the real-life one that was discovered later.

Please, this is barely two levels of "how it works."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Last night I passed the certification exam I was stressing about.

Officially CySa+ certified, and don't need to worry about any more CompTIA certifications for a bit over 2 years.
    I'm still not sure WHY ARE THEY EVEN DOING THIS TO YOU, but yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I think in the context that it means that Muse is the one to send me out with an axe to air-gap the network when they try to hack in.
    Huh. I think I'd use the axe for the hacking (and slashing).

It's a milestone we all have to hit at least once, glad you didn't have to call the locksmith.
    I take issue with that "have to".

Peter Griffin from Family Guy is there as Frankenstein's monster burping up giant radioactive tomatoes and not contributing to the plot at all
    You're saying that as if it weren't something Peter would absolutely just do.

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I know questioning the logic of someone's dream is crazy, but I'm really curious about how she managed to cut off her second arm. Witch powers?
    It's not even particularly complicated with some setting up and the proper tools.

"You want the convoluted? You can't handle the convoluted!!"

Another day, another array of tests and interviews for the feds.
    Huh. Weren't you the one saying we should never ever talk to those guys?

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    It's not even particularly complicated with some setting up and the proper tools.
    Sure, but I feel like being a an eight-year old being chased around the house by your undead family adds a layer or two of complications. Maybe the director's cut of Rater's dream will have the deleted scene of Lisa building her arm-chopping machine.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still not sure WHY ARE THEY EVEN DOING THIS TO YOU, but yay!
    Because the world is a vampire sent to draaaaain and I'm fighting back against that so I can not only have a good life later down the line but help other people to as well.

Unrelated to my own stuff, depending on the version of Godzilla, they're somewhere between 150 and 900 feet tall. Some versions could squash the alien queen like an overly large cockroach.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Huh. Weren't you the one saying we should never ever talk to those guys?
    "Never" is a funny word.

The short version is in this case, I'm the one initiating the conversation and asking for everything. Or, at least, asking for a job. So their responding with "ok, tell us this" is highly likely to get me to answer.

28. - Top - End - #1108

"You want the convoluted? You can't handle the convoluted!!"
    Okay, that's it.

Y'all asked for this.

So, to elaborate on what we have already, these three blood samples result in a "peak potential" physically and mentally human, that is to say in all physical fields equal to the finest athletes, with perfect memory with infinite storage and total recall, quick thinking a possible, as quick learning as possible, etcetera etcetera.

Also a human symbiote hybrid with the aggregate powers of the following symbiotes"

Carnage: All the powers of Venom circa the early 90s cranked up to 11, generalized weaponization abilities based more on a variety of weapons and number generated at once than on the potency of individual weapons, with a slight preference for blades.

Riot: Increased muscle mass, weaponization ability with specializes in bludgeons, given superhuman speed by experiments by the US Military, can create heavy chopping blades after being "Carnagized" which also increased its raw power.

Phage: Strong predatory instincts, weaponization ability specialized in claws, spikes, and blades, given telescopic vision and fine-tuned visual-limb coordination by experiments by the US military, became able to produce larger and more numerous blades after being "Carnagized" which also increased its raw power.

Agony: Resistance to chemical attacks, able to absorb chemicals to neutralize or repurpose them. Rather than weaponize itself, projectile vomit "metabolic acid" that can eat through most substances. Experiments by the US military mean it reinforce its hosts' muscular-skeletal system, making them stronger not so much in their maximum lift but in their maximum carry weight. Effects of "Carnagization" beyond raw power unknown.

Lasher: Enhanced agility, weaponization abilities specialized in tendrils and tentacles, granted ability to generate a third "eye" to improve its host's depth perception as well as a sense of smell many times greater than that of a bloodhound as well as the ability to extend a tendril to possess a second host and use them as a drone by experiments by the US Military, gained ability to generate claws and larger, more numerous tentacles which are now able to be bladed after being Carnagizd.

Scream: Weaponization ability specialized in ultra-durable prehensile hair. Indepdnat actions on Scream's part separating from her siblings as well as reacting to her first host's mental illness allowed her to develop sonic knives," small blades that vibrate for increased cutting power which also badly **** up other symbiotes. Can be inferred to have inherited the abilities of Mania(IE, all the abilities of Venom up to the late 2010s) and fed on the Dark Magic of Andi Benton's Hellmark. Seems to be the only symbiote with actual aquatic adaptions instead of just functioning as a rebreather. Effects of Carnagization unknown, beyond raw power.

Toxin: Born with all of the powers of Carnage circa 2004 cranked up to 11, can psionically track anything they have a sample or sympathetic item of, can be inferred to have inherited the powers of Venom circa 2005 and all the non-lightforce related abilities of the original Anti-Venom, developed a supernaturally deadly poison bite. Responded to an attempted Carnagization by eating the representation of Carnage's essence that tried to infect it, turning it into a consequence-free power-up. Can generate feathered wings with which to fly, suggesting it inherited some of Jubilee Van Scoiter's symbiote that was amalgamated with it, meaning it likely also possesses the bio-armor generating abilities and dark magic enhancements possessed by Raze.

Misery: Artificial amalgamation of Alchemax's Anti-Venom strain and Dark Carnage, with the following abilities
    • Dark Carnage: More advanced applications of Carnage's weaponization abilities, resistance or immunity to traditional symbiote weakness at cost of vulnerability to "The Light"(Light-aligned magic and electricity,) able to reanimate he dad which counts as a form of resurrection though leaves the subject undead. Incredibly powerful regenerative abilities. Physically strongest symbiote. Hopped up on two different kinds of dark magic. Can be inferred to also have the powers of Grendel, though not at full strength.
    • Anti-Venom: Strong enough to make Eddie equal to Mac Gargan when Gargan was Venom's host, can damage other symbiotes on touch, can channel Lightforce energy to heal wounds or purge diseases, toxins, radiations, cancers, or harmful mutations from the body. Unlike the original anti-venom, can heal selectively. Lacks traditional vulnerability to heat and sonic. As it's powered by light magic, probably lacks the weakness to "the light" despite this strain being made by combining it with traces of Grendel.
    • Unique to Misery: The carnage and anti-veno aspects are constantly damaging each other only to regenerate instantly, which as a consequence is constantly destroying weak, damaged, or unhealthy cells in the host's body and replacing them with healthy and rejuvenated ones. This interaction combined with the base healing abilities of her components gives Misery's hosts the strongest healing factor of any known symbiote host—to the point of being able to shrug off being decapitated, dismembered, or liquified—as well as liquefy themselves to slither through cracks in masonry or the holes in a grate. Logically this should also be making her own passive evolution faster due to the increased strss. Seems to produce four additional spider-like limbs from the host's back by default when active.

Two unnamed symbiotes with generic abilities, one a normal symbiote and one a Symbiote-Dragon Offshoot that functioned as an avatar of Knull.

Additionally, as all but two of the above are descended from Venom, that's about several different Spider-Man's worths of Spider-powers, sans Spider-Sense which could not be fully replicated but could be used to enhance default symbiote ESP into something that is actually stronger and more reliable that Spide-rSense but that lacks the automatic moving aspect.

Note: This still isn't actually convoluted, it's just more detailed for something relatively straightforward.

I can make it more complicated. I think I can get up to 15 standard blood draws in a single person before the Super Soldier Serum's ability to compensate and prevent blood rejection issues would be overwhelming and you'd get issues. I've only used three.

Don't test me.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

"Never" is a funny word.

The short version is in this case, I'm the one initiating the conversation and asking for everything. Or, at least, asking for a job. So their responding with "ok, tell us this" is highly likely to get me to answer.
    Doest that mean that soon, we should avoid avoid answering your questions?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Unrelated to my own stuff, depending on the version of Godzilla, they're somewhere between 150 and 900 feet tall. Some versions could squash the alien queen like an overly large cockroach.
    How do you know that's the largest they get? Just because they couldn't build a puppet bigger than Audrey II doesn't mean that's the biggest they get.

Also it amuses me that this has basically spun out of me trying to broadly replicate the kind of power stacking Rather likes to do.

Show