New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546
Results 1,351 to 1,353 of 1353
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: What Are You Playing: 9 Years since the Last Dragon Age

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    One thing I noticed in Andromeda myself is that quite a few characters seem strangely fixated on this little arm computer they have. When you'd talk to them, they would keep just tapping away on that thing during the conversation. Like some kind of in universe smartphone addiction. Not a big deal, but it did come across as a little odd.
    Like every door opening with an omnitool, even among the Angara, who don't have them? Like doors that take forever to open with an omnitool, like Kralla's Song on Kadara?
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Andromeda was the first game by a new wing of the studio and they wasted a bunch of early development time on deluded pipe dreams of a procedurally generated galaxy, something they could never hope to deliver and which nobody in their core audience actually wanted, and knowing that made the entire project made sense to me.

It's an unsurvivable combination of an extremely green team and deeply incompetent management. Better leads might able to shape the fledgling studio into a team that could have shipped a polished product, and likewise a more seasoned team might have been able to endure foolish management

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Errorname View Post
    Andromeda was the first game by a new wing of the studio and they wasted a bunch of early development time on deluded pipe dreams of a procedurally generated galaxy, something they could never hope to deliver and which nobody in their core audience actually wanted, and knowing that made the entire project made sense to me.
    It was their first solo effort, but they developed ME3's multiplayer.

It's an unsurvivable combination of an extremely green team and deeply incompetent management. Better leads might able to shape the fledgling studio into a team that could have shipped a polished product, and likewise a more seasoned team might have been able to endure foolish management
    Given the utter garbage fire that is Anthem, I don't think any team could weather management as bad as Bioware's. Andromeda at least swung for the fences, and while what they ended up with was middling, it's a perfectly serviceable and playable Ubigame. The combat is really quite good, one of the stronger third person shooters around, and the jetpack integration is excellent. Anthem is a subpar copy of Destiny that lacked the courage to admit that's what it was doing and completely screwed that up, to the point it tunnelled right through merely mediocre and into realms of baffling incompetence. I really cannot express just how utterly bad Anthem is. Even the jetpack isn't so much good as it is the one thing that mostly works
    and is then left out to die by a game that cannot meaningfully support its one halfway decent feature.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.