New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Adventures in Time & Space OOC

And just FYI, Pav's question is exactly what the professor would've asked, so he's letting her drive the conversation, so to speak.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by davyjones View Post
    If pressed, he would admit he prefers them warm in the Yorkshire style
    Truely an alien.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Requested Coordination + Craft (-2 since no ranks) (2d6+2)[8]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

And we are back! Sorry that took a little longer than I would have liked but I've been having some work done on my house and I just haven't had the time to sit down and write something out. Still, that's in the past now so full steam ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    Requested Coordination + Craft (-2 since no ranks) [roll0]
    Okay that is currently a Bad result (I'm pegging this at Difficulty 15) so you didn't manage to get a picture of the thing chasing you but your phone isn't broken or anything like that. You can of course alter this with Story Points if you think it's that important.

5. - Top - End - #35

PaladinGuy

I think I forgot to assign the four discretionary skill points for the TARDIS.

Craft 1
    Medicine 1
    Subterfuge 1
    Transport +1

The idea is that she's really good at flying herself...and Calico trusts her to do that...probably too often. He's programmed some fabrication capabilities into her systems, as well as a basic "auto-doc." The point in Subterfuge? Well, that was her reaction to having to deal with Pavilion. She learned how to use a little skullduggery to defend herself and her pilot.

6. - Top - End - #36

PaladinGuy

And, on a side note...why do I feel like Calico should be played by Sean Pertwee?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Well now I have to run a werewolf adventure.
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2023-11-02 at 12:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Ah, I completely forgot to make the joke that "All the werewolves should really be in the city, shouldn't they?" (Werewolves of London is a somewhat old song that exists)
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

PaladinGuy

Geez...I just sit down to talk to somebody and everyone else runs off....

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Tell me about it; Donald is supposed to get information from someone, and I have now realized that he has precisely zero people skills...
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Does his Time Lord persona have any? Though unleashing it all to interrogate one old lady might be a bit much...

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Tell me about it; Donald is supposed to get information from someone, and I have now realized that he has precisely zero people skills...
    On the plus side, getting a drunk person to keep ranting about something they were already talking about isn't exactly a herculean task.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

So from the looks of it, Miles currently is unaware the Borker of Birchmoor is present and approaching Pavilion, given neither made much of a loud sound?

And while this isn't technically the first time meeting it, would Animal Friendship apply?
    Last edited by Ridai; 2023-11-15 at 08:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose it depends on whether this thing counts as 'an animal'.

I guess technically almost anything is an animal...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Beast of Birchmoor Resolve+Ingenuity (2d6+4)[13]

Huh, they can't actually resist Pav's telepathy, well we're here now and a valiant effort nonetheless.

As for the whole Animal Friendship thing I would think it works on anything that would be like sub-three INT in D&D terms, sheep, dinosaurs, a stigorax but not like a Catkind or a werewolf from the planet Vulpana.
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2023-11-16 at 02:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

PaladinGuy

Sorry to take so long with the post. Was trying to decide how to weave the two prompts together.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay I want there to be a little delay before Calico and Donald reach the church but I don't want you guys feeling like you have to sit around and twiddle your thumbs. So given that I've been kinda vague about distances and that this is one of those things that would definitely work better at an actual table than on pbp I'm thinking to give Pav and Miles another go round before having you arrive.

That sound good?

18. - Top - End - #48

PaladinGuy

Sounds good. I was thinking about having Calico take an artron energy reading with his sonic screwdriver along the way...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

No objections here!
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I do Coordination+Athletics instead of Coordination+Fighting? The book says Athletics is for dodging while Fighting is for blocking.

Nevertheless, it doesn't actually matter because Pavilion's modifier, even with Athletics, is +5, so that's an auto-fail vs 18. I'll roll it anyway, and just subtract 5 (-1 for having 1 less skill point in Fighting, and -4 for not having any skill in Fighting) if it has to be Fighting and not Athletics.

Coordination (4) + Athletics (1): (2d6+5)[14]

Ingenuity (6) + Knowledge (1): (2d6+7)[11]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good. I was thinking about having Calico take an artron energy reading with his sonic screwdriver along the way...
    Go for it! That's Awareness+Knowledge with a +2 for the Scan trait.

Quote Originally Posted by NontheistCleric View Post
    Can I do Coordination+Athletics instead of Coordination+Fighting? The book says Athletics is for dodging while Fighting is for blocking.
    Do you have a ref for that? The version of the corebook I've got says that dodging a physical attack is Coordination+Fighting (Page 60 - Learned Skills and Instinct in the hardcover and the same on page 45 of the softback Players Guide) so that's what I'm going to go with for the moment, so as it stands with that this would be a Disastrous result and not only would Pavilion be caught by the Beast of Birchmoor but she is knocked unconscious!

However since we might still be straightening out some issues here not only can you use Story Points to improve the result as per normal but just this one time I'll also let you spend a Story Point to retroactively add an additional two d6 to your roll.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I see. My version is the 11th Doctor version, where under the Athletics skill (Gamemaster's Guide page 30) it says 'Dodging a blow is an Athletics rolls, but blocking a punch would use the Fighting skill (paired with Coordination)."

However, I also have a copy of the limited edition, which upon inspection lacks that language and backs up what you said under Learned Skills and Instinct (page 61 for that version). So it must have been updated. I guess that's on me for using an outdated rulebook to build my character—I'd definitely have put a point in Fighting if I realized this sooner. Never mind, I'll just modify my tactics in future confrontations. I'll take the unconsciousness, no point spending story points too early when Pavilion only has 6...

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NontheistCleric View Post
    Oh, I see. My version is the 11th Doctor version, where under the Athletics skill (Gamemaster's Guide page 30) it says 'Dodging a blow is an Athletics rolls, but blocking a punch would use the Fighting skill (paired with Coordination)."

However, I also have a copy of the limited edition, which upon inspection lacks that language and backs up what you said under Learned Skills and Instinct (page 61 for that version). So it must have been updated. I guess that's on me for using an outdated rulebook to build my character—I'd definitely have put a point in Fighting if I realized this sooner. Never mind, I'll just modify my tactics in future confrontations. I'll take the unconsciousness, no point spending story points too early when Pavilion only has 6...
    Cool beans, if you want to juggle some points around now that we've sorted this then go right ahead, also I'm gonna slide you a Story Point for taking the unconscious. Mostly because I've never seen anyone do that before.

What would you like me to roll?
    That's Awareness+Knowledge with a +2 for the Scan trait.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeson View Post
    Cool beans, if you want to juggle some points around now that we've sorted this then go right ahead, also I'm gonna slide you a Story Point for taking the unconscious. Mostly because I've never seen anyone do that before.
    No, it's fine. I built what I built. I'll probably take a point in Fighting if we ever get any new skills, but it's not like it makes Pavilion unplayable, I just need to use different tactics against enemies.

25. - Top - End - #55

PaladinGuy

Calico Awareness + Knowledge+2 (scan) = +8
    (2d6+8)[13]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Little bit of housekeeping before I forget! Calico (The Professor? I haven't decide which flows best yet) gets a story point for his rad sonic screwdriver, but remember boys and girls and variations thereupon, any story points over your character's max do not carry over between adventures, so be awesome!

Also I wonder how cyberconversion would actually affect and/or effect Pavillion? The emotional inhibitor and what have you presumably runs through the brain but her consciousness isn't in her brain, she's an oogly extradimensional space thing inhabiting that body. Would the conversion process override that leaving her stuck as an observer in a puppet body or would she be unaffected in a sort of Kroton situation? If The Professor ever gives up his renegade ways and returns to the Citadel there's probably a paper in it.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

I think she'd probably be unaffected, unless the cyberconversion hijacks the brain structure to create a new consciousness, like the Doctor with Mr. Clever. In that case, they might have to battle for dominance.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I get an Awareness+Technology roll from the Professor?

29. - Top - End - #59

PaladinGuy

Calico Awareness + Technology = +6
    (2d6+6)[12]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a thought: Pavilion probably dropped the TARDIS medical kit when she was knocked out, so if anyone wants to pick it up, it might come in handy (reduces Medicine difficulty by 1).