New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Grrl Power VIII: Hotter Than What's In Sydney's Lunchbox

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I mean, we are literally talking about sex demons here, he didnt invent the concept. What he did was put his own sci fi/fantasy mashup spin on things. We also got a bit of a deep dive on were beings and how they work, its just, pixel (I think thats the werejaguar) isnt a main cast member nor is werehare so we dont interact with them enough to get a lot more info from the source. Heck, we even covered a bit of vampires and how their power works based on age and age of sire for new vamps. In between talks on nuclear vessels. It honestly feels more like his best shot at thinking of a way to have succubi that arent either terrifying monsters who enslave empires to fuel their needs or poor abused victims who have no choice in what they do or how they live. He gave them a new backstory to explain their origins and issues, then came up with a fairly rational way to handle it without it being terrible. Its not perfect, but then neither is life in general. I just think some of you guys have decided its terrible therefore have to twist everything to its most negative possible interpretation in order to go "SEE?!?!?! ITS AWFUL AND GROSS AND HE SHOULD FEEL BAD FOR WRITING THIS!"
    It's sex, obviously it is by definition Evil.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    It's sex, obviously it is by definition Evil.
    I'd say it is an activity with serious consequences, even when you disregard pregnancy and stds.
    And Dave obviously disagrees with my view.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

I just think some of you guys have decided its terrible therefore have to twist everything to its most negative possible interpretation in order to go "SEE?!?!?! ITS AWFUL AND GROSS AND HE SHOULD FEEL BAD FOR WRITING THIS!"
    I tried to give him the widest most charitable possible interpretations, but it's just no there. I don't think the guy is actively malicious or anything, but he is entirely incapable of handling this with even a hint of nuance at the best of times and to dedicated to the bit to just stop and move on.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Possibly i was not sarcastic enough to show it earlier. But i do think its an extremely sheltered point of view, that making someone wear a jacket in clashing colors are a big deal.
    And as such. Violations of consent happens ALL THE TIME. I didnt consent to 9 years of school as a kid. But i had to do so anyway. I dont consent to taxes. But i have to pay them anyway.
    Many things happen frequently and a decent number of those things are bad and wrong. Most progress against things that are bad and wrong happens because, despite them happening often and in many different ways both on a systemic and personal level, people point out that they are happening and try to prevent them from happening. Critique of media that represents those things in an unexamined way is a small but, I would argue, pretty vital way in which those bad things are denormalised and made unacceptable.

And as far as forcing somebody to wear clothing they don't want to wear goes? I'd say it's a pretty big deal. If I heard from any of my friends that somebody they were in a relationship with, personal or professional*, was forcing them to wear something they didn't want to wear I would be concerned enough to take some sort of action to get them the heck out of that situation if it was in my ability to do so. That kind of controlling behaviour is abusive as all hell.

* Not in the sense of a uniform or dress code in a workplace, that's something you signup for and consent to when you take a job, but if somebody's boss made them wear their old jacket or a particular type of shirt or whatever just because they wanted them to I'd be offering to help that person lawyer up asap.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    * Not in the sense of a uniform or dress code in a workplace, that's something you signup for and consent to when you take a job,
    I don't see why that doesn't also count. As someone said above, kids don't get an option of not going to school, and often schools have uniforms. Wanting a job is a form of duress, making a dress code part of that is putting that in as part of the not particularly consented to package.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2023-12-17 at 06:11 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Many things happen frequently and a decent number of those things are bad and wrong. Most progress against things that are bad and wrong happens because, despite them happening often and in many different ways both on a systemic and personal level, people point out that they are happening and try to prevent them from happening. Critique of media that represents those things in an unexamined way is a small but, I would argue, pretty vital way in which those bad things are denormalised and made unacceptable.

And as far as forcing somebody to wear clothing they don't want to wear goes? I'd say it's a pretty big deal. If I heard from any of my friends that somebody they were in a relationship with, personal or professional*, was forcing them to wear something they didn't want to wear I would be concerned enough to take some sort of action to get them the heck out of that situation if it was in my ability to do so. That kind of controlling behaviour is abusive as all hell.

* Not in the sense of a uniform or dress code in a workplace, that's something you signup for and consent to when you take a job, but if somebody's boss made them wear their old jacket or a particular type of shirt or whatever just because they wanted them to I'd be offering to help that person lawyer up asap.
    The problem with that is its comparing a relationship between equals and a relationship between master and "slave" where a part of said contract is literally to teach said slave how to say no. This isnt a boyfriend and girlfriend romantic relationship, its not even boss and employee. You cant say that its wrong because it doesnt match whats acceptable according to entirely different relationships. Its apples and transistor radios.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #157

So this is actually kind of interesting now. It seems like this was a group of school friends who thought it would be kinda cool to stay together as a group angry that thoth jumped the line. The issue here is its still kinda hard to tell what parfait thinks about all this. I get the feeling she didnt have an issue with the original plan, but also that being picked by thoth is a pretty big deal for a number of reasons both personal and not, so she was also happy about that. Kind of like, going to work for your family in their tech company, or being head hunted directly by bill gates or steve jobs. Yeah working for the family in the family business is potentially great and a pretty solid career path, but when the number 1 in the field comes to you directly and offers you a spot, its kinda hard to refuse.

If it was just angry mcugly face and his own succubus involved in the attempted smash and grab it would be easy to dismiss as one spoiled brat trying to force himself into the situation, but it seems to be the entire group involved in this. So yeah, kind of an interesting setup now that we have a few more details.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Yea, and one assumes that in Demon society this is even a mostly fairly polite request since they only came in spoiling for a fight and mean mugging Syd. Now if Dave could just stop making it all so weird.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Yea, and one assumes that in Demon society this is even a mostly fairly polite request since they only came in spoiling for a fight and mean mugging Syd. Now if Dave could just stop making it all so weird.
    Yeah this is honestly a good plan. Nab her while she is away from thoggy and bring her to the council where they can enforce their ability to find out the truth. Its a bit aggressive, but, well, demons. Its a lot easier than basically trying to accuse a head of state as a recent college grad and be taken seriously. They havent even truly tried to hurt anyone, just some yelling and posturing sydney insta shut down. Of course, that relies on parfait actually wanting to be a part of this snatch and grab, and with how the master/slave contract works, its hard to judge if she would refuse based on her wants, or her contract enforced wants if you get me. But again, thats the purpose of the council and its tools. I imagine they are aware this will backfire badly on them if they are wrong, but are willing to take the risk, or they are self deluded and havent even considered that maybe she really did want this contract when it was offered.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It would probably still not go the way this group wants it to go. The last time they talked, Dabbler actually asked her if there wasn't maybe someone else Parfait had in mind as her master. At which point we were shown that she really wanted to get with some angel.

This guy just said that the choice was between Aster and an angel before Tom poached her.

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
    It would probably still not go the way this group wants it to go. The last time they talked, Dabbler actually asked her if there wasn't maybe someone else Parfait had in mind as her master. At which point we were shown that she really wanted to get with some angel.

This guy just said that the choice was between Aster and an angel before Tom poached her.
    Oh I agree, parfait isnt some poor prisoner who needs to be freed, I just meant she wouldnt have minded much, probably, had it turned out the way "the group" envisioned it. As for the angel, I remember that, but wasnt there a couple of dudes she talked about?

12. - Top - End - #162

So uhh, merry christmas all, as for the comic, im thinking sydney needs to tone the arrogance down a notch. She is basically begging karma to blacken an eye. Also, I could see a tantric stock exchange being a thing. If they can store said energy it would be a bit like the gold standard where you can turn in your stocks to "cash out" some sex energy batteries or something. And since its used as everything from food to restoring mana supplies, its at least as valuable.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

So uhh, merry christmas all, as for the comic, im thinking sydney needs to tone the arrogance down a notch. She is basically begging karma to blacken an eye.
    Yeah, invading the personal space of the demon and taunting him isn't a good idea. Max beat up people for such behavior.
    And he is inside her shield radius.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

RE comics 1220 & 1221: Did they use some sort of Duplicate/Clone spell, or are there two copies of each of them to as an artistic thing to show movement?

I was a little confused with the last comic, but figured it was artistic license to show cuffs appear. But now it's confusing, especially the last panel.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    RE comics 1220 & 1221: Did they use some sort of Duplicate/Clone spell, or are there two copies of each of them to as an artistic thing to show movement?
    Pretty sure it's the latter.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Considering the duel: it looks like it's a tie.

I just needed to get this out of my system, sorry.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

17. - Top - End - #167

Im guessing in situations where the outcome is a draw they have a best of three, meaning they have to leave three people a pleasured husk and the first one finished wins.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Im guessing in situations where the outcome is a draw they have a best of three, meaning they have to leave three people a pleasured husk and the first one finished wins.
    Would it be the first one or the last one finished?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Would it be the first one or the last one finished?
    First one to finish all three off wins. After all, that proves they are the best at being stimulating partners if they can be that quick about it. I suppose an alternate version would be the endurance match where the goal is to maintain maximum pleasure levels for the longest time before the partner is just unable to continue. /insert "the spirit is willing but the flesh is bruised and spongy" line here.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Im surprised. Where are the hordes and hordes of people complaining about Dave dragging fetishes into the comic?
    This is possibly the most there has been on a single page? Both bondage AND tickling.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Im surprised. Where are the hordes and hordes of people complaining about Dave dragging fetishes into the comic?
    This is possibly the most there has been on a single page? Both bondage AND tickling.
    If you're actually curious, in my case it's the fact that I'm no longer reading the webcomic. I'm still reading this thread because of that green checkmark. Really we made a new thread at like, the worst possible time. A few weeks later and it would be really easy to ignore it entirely.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    If you're actually curious, in my case it's the fact that I'm no longer reading the webcomic. I'm still reading this thread because of that green checkmark. Really we made a new thread at like, the worst possible time. A few weeks later and it would be really easy to ignore it entirely.
    Same for me and the dominic deegan thread. I stopped reading the comic a LONG time ago, yet somehow the thread is still ongoing and im stuck. (It was back when snout had sex with the lake witch if you read the comic and were curious)

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Yep, pretty much this. I click on the checkmark automatically thinking that it's a thread I care about. (And now the reduced traffic'll mean it'll take way slower to get to 50 pages. )
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

This Succubus-arc has been so questionable, I'm happy to be back down at the usual levels of Succubus-lewd.
    I probably shouldn't dwell on the fact that the demon forced his gf-slave into a sexy-fight where she then was forced into O's as part of said fight.

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by Rydiro View Post
    This Succubus-arc has been so questionable, I'm happy to be back down at the usual levels of Succubus-lewd.
    I probably shouldn't dwell on the fact that the demon forced his gf-slave into a sexy-fight where she then was forced into O's as part of said fight.
    Probably best not to start one of those "Is it morally correct to enforce human morality on the behavior of literal sex demons?" debates again. Right now im just waiting for the round two fight and am curious if demon boy has come up with a counter for sydney and her overwhelming power. Im thinking probably not, but it might actually last longer than a second in an actual fight. Thank goodness sydneys shield blocks aura powers so she cant even be easily seduced, though as we saw with big V distracted is easily possible with proper bouncy bouncy.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Probably best not to start one of those "Is it morally correct to enforce human morality on the behavior of literal sex demons?" debates again. Right now im just waiting for the round two fight and am curious if demon boy has come up with a counter for sydney and her overwhelming power. Im thinking probably not, but it might actually last longer than a second in an actual fight. Thank goodness sydneys shield blocks aura powers so she cant even be easily seduced, though as we saw with big V distracted is easily possible with proper bouncy bouncy.
    How effective that would be on Sydney depends on her preferences which may or may not include demons. She did like that wolf-like alien, so she is more than fine with people other than humans, but how far does that stretch? Hard to say honestly.

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    How effective that would be on Sydney depends on her preferences which may or may not include demons. She did like that wolf-like alien, so she is more than fine with people other than humans, but how far does that stretch? Hard to say honestly.
    She has been hypnotized by dabblers boobs before. Just being there, and in a human disguise. She wasnt trying to pull anything, just chatting in the girls room of a restaurant.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

She has been hypnotized by dabblers boobs before. Just being there, and in a human disguise. She wasnt trying to pull anything, just chatting in the girls room of a restaurant.
    I was thinking more about what those male demons could pull off (as the succubus from their group is incapacitated). That being said, Dabbler always has her lust aura on to some extent, so I am not sure if it is relevant, when Sydney is behind her shield.

This actually reminds of one of the most badass lines from Maxima.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

What does it say of me, if I very much expected Max to repeat that "knock, knock, knock, Dabbler" a third time?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    What does it say of me, if I very much expected Max to repeat that "knock, knock, knock, Dabbler" a third time?
    That youve seen Big Bang Theory?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”