New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Bel's RHoD: Chapter 1 [IC]

Novalis takes a step further, focusing his eyes everywhere but the large dogs, the hairs and scales in his neck go stiff.

He clears his throats and makes an effort to speak loud and clear.

We are on our way to the Keep by request of Soranna and the town authorities. We have reasons to believe a small warband of hobgoblins has taken shelter there and are slowly becoming a threat to the Dawn road. Yesterday we fought a group of marauders who had taken the life of a few travelers before they tried ambushing our group.

Jorr, sir, we understand nobody knows these woods as you do and we came to check for any valuable information you may have before moving towards the Keep. Will you assist us?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Telrayel was taken aback by Jorr's sudden outburst, which didn't match at all what he envisioned of this Jorr charakter to be. He hid behind Novalis and was pretty thankful for his presence and then added a meekly. They may damage this wonderful woods you live in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Between Limbo and Henrick's pie, Ringel is now absolutely certain she made the right call sticking around the carriage. Those two will probably be perfectly able to handle one grumpy old woodsman. This tastes gorgeous, Henrick. she enthuses with her mouth half-full Reminds me of home, too; you've ever been to the Gap? Lots of orchards, and apples and my mother makes things with them too. Not really pies, but sweet stuff, and it's also quite good, maybe I'll get to repay this sometime, do remind me. She does seize a quick chance to lean closer to Tanna-Mai's near side ear, nevertheless, for a quick What's peckish even mean? I always thought it's quarrelsome or something, but I suddenly feel like it's not.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Taana-Mai blinked at Ringel's question. Initially, she had been keeping watch in case anything dangerous came in range and if so, if she needed to toss an illusion over the carriage Just In Case. "Like, I think it means 'sort of hungry', instead of 'full on hungry', right? Only like, more polite. Huh...I'm not sure where the word came from, y'know? I think it might, like, be from the halflings..."

5. - Top - End - #95

Ringel straightens up chuckling. Sorry. she says. Now I'm seeing little Halflings with beaks. she adds, entirely too loudly.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

DAY 1
    Weather: Overcast with morning fog
    Time: Mid-day

Jorr's Cabin

Jorr listens intently as Novalis and Telrayel explain their mission, his expression remaining unimpressed and somewhat irritable. His gaze shifts from Novalis to Telrayel, his eyes narrowing slightly as if assessing their words and intentions.

After a moment of silence, Jorr responds gruffly, his voice tinged with a mix of skepticism and begrudging acknowledgment. "Hobgoblins in Vraath Keep, you say? That's troubling news indeed. Those bastards are nothing but trouble." He spits again to the side, his disdain for the hobgoblins evident.

Jorr crosses his arms, leaning back against the wall of his cabin. "I've seen signs of increased activity in these woods, more than usual. Tracks, broken branches, and the like. Seems like you might be onto something with your warband theory."

He then turns his attention to Telrayel, his gaze softening just a fraction. "And you're right about the woods. Can't have those hobgoblin scum ruining my backyard. It's bad enough dealing with the usual critters without adding an army of them to the mix."

Jorr sighs heavily, a rare moment of contemplation crossing his weathered face. "Alright, I'll help you out. But I'm not doing this for you or the town's authorities. I'm doing it for these woods and to keep the peace around here. I can show you the way to Vraath Keep, point out some of the signs I've seen. But once we're there, you're on your own. I'm no babysitter, and I don't do well with company."

With that, Jorr seems ready to lead the way, his hunting dogs now calmer but still watchful. He steps off the porch, signaling for you to follow. As he walks, he mutters under his breath about the nuisances of hobgoblins and the incompetence of town authorities

The Dawn Way

Henrick, looking pleased as punch at Ringel's compliment on his pie, wipes his hands on his trousers before responding with his characteristic country charm. "Oh, I'm right glad ya like it! Ma's recipe, that is. Never been to the Gap m'self, but sounds like a right nice place, especially with all them orchards and apples. I'd surely like to try some of your ma's cookin' someday. Sweet stuff, you say? Sounds delicious, it does!"

His face lights up at the mention of possibly being repaid in kind. "Well, now, that'd be somethin'to look forward to, wouldn't it? Always good to try new things, especially when it comes to food. Don't you worry, I'll be remindin' ya!"

He chuckles softly, then leans in a bit closer, his expression turning to one of gentle amusement. "As for 'peckish', it's not about quarrelin'. It's just a way of sayin' you're a bit hungry, like when your stomach's grumblin' and you could do with a bite to eat. It's one of them words we use 'round here. Always funny, the different ways folks talk about the same thing, ain't it?"

Henrick's eyes twinkle with good-natured humor as he shares this little piece of local vernacular, clearly enjoying the exchange. He continues, "But hey, if you're still peckish – I mean, a bit hungry – after that slice, there's more pie where that came from. Ma always says it's best to travel on a full stomach."

As he talks, his relaxed and friendly demeanor makes the conversation feel like a cozy chat between old friends. It's clear that Henrick's simple yet genuine nature adds a touch of homey comfort to the journey, making the wait not just bearable but downright enjoyable.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Novalis does not want to interrupt the already irritated Jorr or his mean looking dogs. He is exhausted, but a thread of voice comes out as a whisper.

We are not alone, we left the rest of the group on the Dawn Road, right before splitting towards your cabin. If you are so kind to wait while I fetch them...

He does not await for an answer he fears will be negative, instead, he mounts his shadow steed and steers it towards the path.

Telrayel, please, wait for me and the others

And he starts riding back.

Once in the road, he relates what happened to the others.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Telrayel, left alone with the gruff Jorr, slowly relaxes. The serene atmosphere didn't seem to fit with Jorr but it was clear that he loved these woods and that couldn't be a bad thing.

He takes one step towards Jorr's dogs and looks at them, without looking at they're eyes.

How long do you have them? They look more healthy than most dogs that get taken care of by humans.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

DAY 1
    Weather: Sparse cloud coverage, warm
    Time: Mid-day

Jorr's Cabin
    Jorr, initially gruff as always, seems to let his guard down just a bit when Telrayel asks about his dogs. His tough exterior gives way to a slightly softer side.

"These mutts?" Jorr starts, a hint of a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "They're more than just dogs. They're the closest thing to family I've got out here."

He nods toward the oldest, a sturdy dog with an alert gaze. "That's Buck. He's been with me longer than the others. Tough as nails, smart too. Got a sense for trouble, always keeps me one step ahead of it."

Jorr's eyes then shift to a smaller, energetic dog, who's tail is wagging nonstop. "And that's Daisy. Don't let her size fool you. She's fast, a real spitfire. Got more spirit than most folks I know. Keeps things lively around here."

He points to the largest of the three, a formidable but calm presence. "Then there's Duke. He's the brawn of the operation. His bark alone could scare off a bear. But he's got a soft spot, especially for kids. Don't tell anyone I said that; it'd ruin my reputation."

As Jorr talks about his dogs, his tone is a mix of gruff affection and pride. It's clear these dogs are more than just companions; they're an integral part of his life in the woods.

Spoiler
    Show

Feel free to roleplay any interactions with Novalis/Hendrick, or if you want to skip to the cabin that works to, just post something indicating that please.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-01-17 at 12:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Tanna-Mai kept quiet as she followed after Novalis back to the cabin where Jorr waited for their sorry butts. But her thoughts were running a mile a minute. KnewitknewitknewitKNEWITshouldaambledonoverinthefi rstplace...gotta leave the cart into the dang woods... Hopefully, Lord Poncy-Pants wouldn't be testy about it.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Michael frowns. Novalis is back without Jorr and still no one but Jorr knows which way we will be going. Well, at least the timing is to be even with us just walking on foot straight from the town. Feeling it would be too dangerous to leave Henrick camping here for unspecified amounts of time, Michael sends him back to town. He thinks the road just navigated by the group should be safe enough and he does have fast horses. Michael takes a waterskin and a few rations from the carriage, offering the others do the same, and then follows Novalis through the woods.

12. - Top - End - #102

Ringel waves a very enthusiastic goodbye to Henrick with one hand, while holding onto her second serving (that really is some pie!) with the other, balancing her ranseur in the crook of an elbow and trying to walk backwards at the same time. No need to be so gloomy about it, Kinght Novalis! she tries to console the ascetic in the meantime and between bites. Woodsfolk can be on the odd side, maybe you were too… You. I mean, did you perhaps recite weird poetry for him? I did that once, thought that guy was a druid and into chanty things. Wasn't and wasn't; it's a good thing I run faster than most dogs. she chuckles finally turning around to actually face the road ahead.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Telrayel get's closer to the dogsm especially to Duke and offers him pets and eventually scratchys.

It's alright, I wont tell anybody. I guess that you want to keep your peace here.

It seems the initial thought of Telrayel was correct. Jorr did fit really well in this quiet serene place. He just used a tactic to keep everything that could disturb that out. Humans could be very annoying and sometimes didn't understand relatively easy things it seemed like everything he needed was exactly here and most probably wouldn't understand.

If Telrayel hears the others he scurries away and try's to look intimidated.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Basically for fun.
    Listen: (1d20+12)[24] to hear people.
    Bluff: (1d20-1)[0] to look scared.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Novalis caught Michael's frown. He was used to the type: clergy dressed as warriors who believed people were under their command.

Underneath his skalp, Mainhem laughed:

goaded by kings perched on rusty thrones
    merrily the men marched to the beat of warring drums
    and followed fools to dusty throes

He smiled at Ringel's humor.

I'm no Knight, though once I thought I was, for I was dark and starry. He quips.

I hope I'm better with a sword than with silly rhymes. Alas, Jorr is waiting for us and good Telrayel is entertaining his hounds.

Once more, he rode into the woods.
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-01-19 at 06:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

DAY 1
    Weather: Overcast
    Time: Afternoon

Jorr's Cabin

With Henrick heading back to town, the lot of you follow the guided steps of Novalis, it wasn't long until you were back at Jorr's cabin. As the rest of you finally arrive at Jorr's cabin, following Novalis's return, Jorr stands on his porch with his usual guarded posture, his trusted dogs by his side.

"Finally decided to show up, did ya?" Jorr remarks dryly, his voice tinged with a mix of impatience and mild curiosity. "Heard you lot are heading to Vraath Keep. Must be serious business to drag you all out here."

He steps off the porch, crossing his arms as he looks each of you over. "You look capable enough, but Vraath Keep isn’t a place to take lightly. It's full of all sorts of dangers, and that's before adding a bunch of hobgoblin marauders into the mix."

Jorr's gaze lingers on each player, as if silently weighing their strengths and weaknesses. "I’ve seen signs of activity around the Keep, more than usual. Tracks, signs of camps. Whatever's going on there, it's big."

He then points towards the thick forest that leads to the Keep. "I can guide you part of the way, show you the signs I've found. After that, you're on your own. And remember, those woods can be treacherous. Keep your wits about you."

With that, Jorr seems ready to set off, his demeanor suggesting that this is as much cooperation as you're likely to get from him. His dogs perk up, ready to follow, as he starts leading the way into the dense forest towards the ominous Vraath Keep.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sorry, did not expect the keep not be somewhere along the road. Which way and when we can expect to be there?" Michael felt eager to learn at least that much of the plan. "Pretty serious business in general, but not sure about the keep. The hobgoblins are getting bold, are equipped uniformly and talk things like taking over Brindol of all things. I'd like to catch some guy with some rank and ask him some questions. At least will have to know if they are deluded or if we... well, I don't know what." The topic of what to do if the hobgoblins are not deluded was well above Michael's level of responsibility. "Do you think we can find some sort of commander in there? Would welcome any insight into the place and the dangers thereof, even above and beyond the guy's troops. Don't you mind if I cast some beneficial spell on everyone present, including your dogs?" Whatever the answer(s) to any of that, Michael concludes with "Oh, name's Michael Burne, and we have the damn keep's new rightful owner, just so you know." Michael nods in the direction.
    Last edited by u-b; 2024-01-29 at 01:30 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Any other troubles or beasts we need to watch out for in these woods?" asked Tanna-Mai to the woodsman. She always appreciated someone well trained in the arts of stealth and Not Being Made. Something told her she needed to be on her own toes on this mission...

Spoiler: Statblock
    Show

Tanna-Mai
    F LN Human Beguiler5/Mindbender1//Warmage 3, Level 6//3, Init 2, HP 48/48, Speed 30
    AC 17, Touch 12, Flat-footed 15, Fort 6, Ref 4, Will 7, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Hand crossbow +1 (300) +5 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
    Silvered MW dagger +2 (1d4-1, 19-20/×2)
    Short Sword +1 +2 (1d6, 19-20/×2)
    Least Crystal of Adaptation Mithral Shirt +1 (+5 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition Endure Elements (from Least Crystal of Adaptation)

Reliable Courier (Message Delivery): Your character's reputation as a reliable messenger is well-known in Drellin's Ferry and beyond. You have advantage on Charisma checks when dealing with individuals who are aware of your courier services. This reputation opens doors to valuable information and opportunities in your adventures.

Treasure Seeker (Vault of Vraath Keep): Having stumbled upon the old map hinting at the hidden vault in Vraath Keep, your character has a keen eye for deciphering cryptic clues and an insatiable thirst for treasure. Once per day you can cast detect secret doors as a spell like ability.

Mindsight: A creature that has this feat can detect and pinpoint beings that are not mindless (anything with an Intelligence score of 1 or higher) within range of its telepathy. This works much like blindsense--the creature knows what square each thinking being is in, but it does not see the being, and the being still has total concealment unless the creature can see it by some other means. The creature also perceives several observable characteristics about each being detected with mindsight, including the being's type and Intelligence score. The creature need not take any additional or special actions to gain this information; it is as obvious to mindsight as the being's race and clothing would be to eyesight.

18. - Top - End - #108

As Jorr and then Michael go rambling on about how bad an idea it would be for her to try and claim that Keep (which is probably a trap (and Evil)), Ringel begins very innocuously shifting sideways about the clearing, moving slowly into position… To grab the wayward Elf from behind. Got you! she pronounces with unabashed glee, absolutely certain Telrayel will understand it is for his own safety. Eventually understand. Eventually understand it's for his own safety. I'm Ringel, by the by. she then shifts her attention quite quickly to the woodsman. And the rightful ownership deal is probably a trick of the weird and nefarious sort. It's nvery nice to meet you, Master Jorr!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Novalis watched the demonstrations of joy with a smile. How many times had he walked into battle with souless mercenaries who only looked into pillaging and ravaging shielded by colorful banners.

He told Mainhem and Sorrow: I will yet defeat you both!

He nodded to Jorr and dismounted, dismissing his horse. It would be easier to follow the old ranger on foot.

Lead on, good Jorr, we shall set Varath Keep free of squatters and return its stones to their solemn solitude to be slowly eaten by the woods.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Telrayel looks definitely very afraid of Jorr when the others arrive. Like a goose feigning an injured leg to lead a predator away from they're young is the elf, to not give Jorr trouble in his haven.

When they are gathering themselves he is pounced by Ringel! But instead of biting him with her very orc-like fangs, instead she gives him a good-natured lesson in awareness like any elf would give a young one. Telrayel of course know to play his part, squirming and trying to get away.

Show
    Escape artist: (1d20+15)[22]

With a final laugh, if he escapes or not Telrayel says. I'm really glad that you're not 'Fial'gra', Ringel.

Spoiler: Elvish
    Show
    Fial'gra = orc; If you're wanna translate it more literally it's Fial = Leather, Skin, Fur, Gra = Bad, Angry, worthless
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2024-01-30 at 04:37 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Telrayel behaves exactly as expected, albeit taking the whole deal a lot better than Ringel anticipated. Still, slippery as the Elf is, there's no escape from the Eneko. You bet! she retorts grinning, if not quite sure what a Filig… Fialgrgt… Whatever he said really is. She'll have to ask Tanna-Mai later. And perhaps figure out if she gets a say in how fast the Keep is getting eaten by the woods. Probably not, but still. But seriously. Are you going to run off on your own if I put you down? Because I'm not putting you down if you're going to do that.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Telrayel still in Ringels grasp, stops squirming and looks at the Eneko. Tears shimmering at the corner of his eyes.

I didn't knew it would hurt you, Ringel. I'm deeply sorry, I won't get too far off.

The elfs voice is full of emotion and sincerity.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

DAY 1

The Witchwood

Jorr listens to Michael's questions with a mix of indifference and annoyance, characteristic of his gruff demeanor.

"Which way to the Keep? When we'll get there?" Jorr snorts dismissively. "I have no ****ing clue, mate. The Keep ain't exactly a tourist spot with signposts and all. It's off the beaten path, in the thick of the woods. We'll get there when we get there."

As Michael talks about the seriousness of the hobgoblin threat and the possibility of encountering a commander at the Keep, Jorr shrugs. "Catching some hobgoblin big shot? Good luck with that. These woods are crawling with all sorts, and Vraath Keep's been abandoned for ages. Who knows what or who you'll find in there. As for your spells, do what you gotta do, but leave my dogs out of it. They don't need any of your magic to do their job."

When Tanna-Mai inquires about other dangers in the woods, Jorr's expression turns slightly more serious. "Other troubles? This is the Witchwood; always something lurking around. Could be anything from a pack of wolves to something... weirder. Keep your eyes peeled and your weapons ready. And don't wander off; these woods aren't forgiving to the careless."

As the last of the group speaks up about setting the Keep free of squatters, Jorr grunts noncommittally, clearly not sharing the same romantic view of the mission. "Free the Keep, huh? Just watch yourselves in there. Old places like that are full of surprises, and not the pleasant kind."

With that, Jorr sets off, leading the way into the forest. His steps are sure and silent, the mark of a man who knows these woods like the back of his hand. Despite his rough exterior and sharp tongue, it's clear that his guidance will be invaluable on the journey to Vraath Keep.

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone roll a % and call out low or high.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

As Jor leads you all through the forest, his last words settling in the back of your mind, you hear several roars from the left! Two giant beats burst forth from the bushes, you must have stumbled upon them as you were traveling!

The massive brutes have 2 sets of arms, and look like some kind of Gorilla, though these must be larger, and have even more of an anger issue!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: K.Arcana check to ID
    Show

DC 16
    They are Girallons, a Magical Beast

DC 18
    They use their massive strength and multiple arms to rend their foes apart.

DC 20+
    you can look at the SRD for reference

Monsters - (1d20+4)[11]
    Everyone roll initiative
    No on detected them with scent due to the wind.
    Tanna gets a +5 to their init due to Mindsight which just barely kicked in (I'm adhoc ruling here)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Upon departure from the cabin, Michael waits until the dogs just move out of range and then casts Elation spell, affecting everyone else, including Jorr, until tomorrow afternoon, rising people's spirits and effectively strength, dexterity and all forms of speed. Then he takes the designated position and rides through the forest, probably having Limbo hustle more often than not, because the trail was not wide enough for the griffon. This was not supposed to be a major problem, even long term, but did annoy both the mount and the rider.

Still, upon the sight of some surprise girallons, Michael exercises restraint and does not open up with anything potent, instead conserving those spell for use at the keep. He casts only Blood Wind on the griffon and readies a sword to aid griffon's defenses.

The griffon recognizes the spell and the guidance that Michael exerts along with it. It was a usual procedure. He stays in place and makes motions as if attacking an invisible something next to him and... well, nothing happens as far as anyone could see...

Spoiler
    Show
    Elation (persisted): +2 str, +2 dex, +5 any and all speeds (morale bonuses)

Swift: Blood Wind
    Move: draw sword
    Standard: ready aid another for +2 AC (but probably won't work against a girallon)

Limbo full attacks against G1 at -2 range penalty.
    Claw: (1d20+7)[9] for (1d4+2)[5]
    Claw: (1d20+7)[10] for (1d4+2)[6]
    Bite: (1d20+9)[13] for (2d6+5)[13]
    Last edited by u-b; 2024-02-01 at 11:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

It was a recent skill, learning how to detect sentient minds, for Tanna-Mai. It involved a LOT of shutting out of random birds and telemarketersother assorted animals.

Of course, when a pair of angry wordless minds came charging into range, Tanna-Mai tried to squeak out a warning to the others before the strange beasts bellowed into view. But then Michael and his griffin stomped into range. "Oh for bloody ****'s SAKE!" So much for using Glitterdust on the one nearest to her...

She shifted, trying to get a clear enough shot to not hit Lord Poncy Pants or his mount with a spell, but to not endanger herself around the multi-armed ape. "Time for night-night, dooker"!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Initiative 13 on Discord
    Casting Deep Slumber on G1 DC18
    due to Spell Focus: Enchantment & Touch of Distraction. Even if her makes the save, he'll get affected by Unsettling Enchantment for one round (Any foe required to save against an enchantment spell you cast takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls and to AC for 1 round, regardless of the result of the save. This is a mind-affecting effect.)

Spoiler: Statblock
    Show

Tanna-Mai
    F LN Human Beguiler5/Mindbender1//Warmage 3, Level 6//3, Init 2, HP 48/48, Speed 30
    AC 17, Touch 12, Flat-footed 15, Fort 6, Ref 4, Will 7, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Hand crossbow +1 (300) +5 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)
    Silvered MW dagger +2 (1d4-1, 19-20/×2)
    Short Sword +1 +2 (1d6, 19-20/×2)
    Least Crystal of Adaptation Mithral Shirt +1 (+5 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition Endure Elements (from Least Crystal of Adaptation)

Reliable Courier (Message Delivery): Your character's reputation as a reliable messenger is well-known in Drellin's Ferry and beyond. You have advantage on Charisma checks when dealing with individuals who are aware of your courier services. This reputation opens doors to valuable information and opportunities in your adventures.

Treasure Seeker (Vault of Vraath Keep): Having stumbled upon the old map hinting at the hidden vault in Vraath Keep, your character has a keen eye for deciphering cryptic clues and an insatiable thirst for treasure. Once per day you can cast detect secret doors as a spell like ability.

Mindsight: A creature that has this feat can detect and pinpoint beings that are not mindless (anything with an Intelligence score of 1 or higher) within range of its telepathy. This works much like blindsense--the creature knows what square each thinking being is in, but it does not see the being, and the being still has total concealment unless the creature can see it by some other means. The creature also perceives several observable characteristics about each being detected with mindsight, including the being's type and Intelligence score. The creature need not take any additional or special actions to gain this information; it is as obvious to mindsight as the being's race and clothing would be to eyesight.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Elated through it all, Novalis walked with a spring on his bent legs, tender was the warm noon in the deep wood, almost to a slumber, dreamy. When suddenly came these monsters brawling, unscented against the wind. They came a'hunting through the trees. Novalis saw them just in time, he cracked his neck resigned as Mayhem came alive and a horrifying grin his face traversed. The verses coming sowft but deadly out of a deeper voice inside.

Into the bosom of the earth,
    Out of the Light's dominion,
    Death's pains are but a bursting forth,
    Sign of glad departure.
    Swift in the narrow little boat,
    Swift to the heavenly shore we float.

Mayhem spoke. He was no longer the bent knight.

Faced with the smell of violent carnage, the haunted knight moved unsheathing his rusted sword, and first he looked into both creatures' eyes Claiming their souls and lives, and then he glared in to the closest one, and shadow tendrils flew forth. His one hnded style of swordfighting, one hand free above his head, he no longer looked the bent knight.

Hissing, but stingless—they were slain for food.

Mayhem spoke

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Movement: Move towards V15 (Placed my token there)
    Swift: Claim both Girallons, thanks to Dark Allure, claimed creatures take a penalty to attacks that don't target me equal to the number of creatures claimed for 3 rounds. so -2 to attacks against anyone but me.

Standard: Use KILLING SHADOWS mystery on the Girallon on U-19 causing killing shadows to come from my eyes in a deadly cone of 30' (6d8)[28] Will DC 19 for Half

Free: look weird AF
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-02-02 at 05:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

When the weird beasts appeared Telrayel flowed basically through the underbrush, to bring himself nearer to this newest threat.

While rushing towards his target bow and arrow appeared in his hands. He was too far away to hit them correctly, he shouted out towards Jorr.

Four-armed apes, bring your dogs to safety.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    move action towards V7 and drawing my weapon while I move (I ignore non-magical underbrush and move freely)
    Standard action to shout a warning.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

DAY 1

The Witchwood

Telrayel - 22
    Novalis - 18
    Michael - 17
    Tanna-Mai - 13
    Monsters - 11
    Ringel - 9

As Telrayel moves and warns Jorr and his dogs, the others react with the keen reactions of a mongoose!

Novalis sends out a wave of darkness from his eyes, but both beasts are able to twist around it, Michael casts a spell letting his magnificent mount to attack through the weave itself! Unfotunately, the surprise must have thrown of it's aim off as none of the magical attacks hit.

The Girallons reacted in likeness, and both charged Novalis!

Spoiler
    Show

G1 charge
    Attack - (1d20+12)[30]
    Damage - (1d4+6)[9]
    If hit, DC 17 Reflex or be thrown back 5 ft and be prone

G2 charge
    Attack - (1d20+14)[22]
    Damage - (1d4+6)[7]
    If hit, DC 17 Reflex or be thrown back 5 ft and be prone

Ringel will act first at the next round, so everyone else can post.
    Map
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-02-09 at 04:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

30. - Top - End - #120

By th time Ringel's all done blinking a few times in surprise, the battle gets going all around (well, mostly beside her), and it includes altogether all too mant arms on all too many… Big apes? Flustered as she might be, the Ogre nevertheless postpones figuring out whether Knight Novalis will try to eat her soul too if she gets too close and makes a bold attempt at rushing to his aid, putting herself between the apes and Tanna-Mai (who really doesn't look like she'd enjoy the treatment Novalis just received) while at that, with a loud (and likely none too helpful) Hey, leave him alone! And us, too!

Show

Move to R13, following the road up until Q12 to avoid AoOs, and
    stab: (1d20+11)[25] for (2d6+7)[14] magical piercing.