New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Day of the Octopus OOC

Last night's "bad night" has turned into a fullblown meltdown/crisis today. I really don't want to drop out of this game, but it's going to be awhile before I'm going to be capable of keeping up with the game reliably-- I know we're already down a player, but is it possible to grant me a hiatus and write me back in when my brain is firing on a few more cylinders?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DammitVictor View Post
    Last night's "bad night" has turned into a fullblown meltdown/crisis today. I really don't want to drop out of this game, but it's going to be awhile before I'm going to be capable of keeping up with the game reliably-- I know we're already down a player, but is it possible to grant me a hiatus and write me back in when my brain is firing on a few more cylinders?
    Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that. Yes, I think we can do that. I hope everything works out for you.

Plaids, Kareeah_Indaga, how are the two of you allocating your dice?

For Sleeper, it could be 12/D8 or 10/D10.
    For Hercules, it could be 14/D8/D8/D6 or 12/D10/D8/D6 or 6/D10/D10/D8. And I also need to know how you're distributing the effect dice between the three targets.
    A System-Independent Creative Community:
    Strolen's Citadel

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DammitVictor View Post
    A hiatus is fine, take as much time as you need. Please send me a direct message since I think the e-mail notifications for posts on subscribed threads seem to be slowing down.

As for dice allocation I will go 14/D8/D8/D6 with a D8 for Mysterio, D8 for Shocker, and D6 for Rhino.
    Last edited by Plaids; 2024-04-25 at 11:35 PM.
    Playing as Hercules in Marvel Cortex Game
    Playing as Jakk'ari in WOW M&M
    Playing as Dr. Kalispell Hagerty in SCP M&M
    Playing as Tavaris in the Crystal Cult

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Real life comes first!

Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
    Plaids, Kareeah_Indaga, how are the two of you allocating your dice?

For Sleeper, it could be 12/D8 or 10/D10.
    12/D8, but Chemicals is stepping up the effect die to D10 unless I’m misunderstanding the rules.
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; Yesterday at 07:50 AM.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like to spend a Plot Point to add a die to Sleeper’s resist roll vs. Electro.

Also question for future reference:

Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
    Rhino charges Hercules with help from Mysterio:

Affiliation: Buddy D4: [roll0]
    Distinction: Rampaging Behemoth D8: [roll1]
    Power: Rhino Charge D12: [roll2]
    Help from Mysterio: Your Eyes Deceive You D10: [roll3]
    Combat Expert D8: [roll4]
    Is this something we can do too, or is it specific to Watcher characters? How does it work?
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    I would like to spend a Plot Point to add a die to Sleeper’s resist roll vs. Electro.
    Ok. That's a D6 or a D8 if you can stunt it off of one of your power sets. If Electro had rolled a 1 on one of his dice (he didn't), a stunt would get you a D10.

Is this something we can do too, or is it specific to Watcher characters? How does it work?
    This is Mysterio generating an asset which is then used by Rhino. Watcher characters don't roll against the doom pool to create assets, they just hand over a relevant die as their action (I think this is because a) the doom pool is sort of on their side, and b) to make their turns go faster). You guys could create an asset with one roll and then use it on the next, and if you want to stagger your turns to do that, that's fine with me, but it does work a little different to Watcher characters.

But I could have said, "Mysterio creates a D10 Illusionary Rhino asset" and then had Rhino use it.
    A System-Independent Creative Community:
    Strolen's Citadel