New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant: The Lost Outpost [IC]

Zef pulls his mighty Warhammer off of his back. He charges it with the power in his blood before unleashing a strike on the closest enemy. "Get away from our boat, you slimy creature!"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Move Action: Draw Weapon: Warhammer
    Swift Action: Activate Arcane Strike
    Standard Action: Attack Once with Warhammer against Red Enemy. [roll0] to hit, dealing [roll1] Magical bludgeoning damage if it connects.
    Characters

Zeferin Voss #DAA520 🔨

Games

None Currently.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

R1T10: Zef pulls his mighty warhammer off of his back. He charges it with the power in his blood before unleashing a strike on the closest enemy's shoulder(?) for 7. "Get away from our boat, you slimy creature!"

R1T8: Arsenne, your ruined journal is in your lap and you look over the side next to you ... not even having had a chance to really see an enemy, but just a growing pool of blood. What do you do?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne shouts in pain, anger and surprise: "Arghhh! You vicious little Beast!" and slams his journal shut to protect the pages from further damage.
    When he sees his attacker sinking back into the water, He says: "Oh no you do don't!" and he braces his right elbow, forearm and injured hand against the gunwale of the boat and plunges his other hand into the water to grab the creature and pull it aboard.
    Last edited by Diavolo; 2023-11-14 at 12:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

R1T8: Arsenne shouts in pain, anger and surprise: "Arghhh! You vicious little Beast!" and slams his journal shut to protect the pages from further damage. When he sees his attacker sinking back into the water, He says: "Oh no you do don't!" and he braces his right elbow, forearm and injured hand against the gunwale of the boat and plunges his other hand into the water to grab the creature. His hand slaps against it - on the front and back of his hand - but it is very slippery and he fails to grab it.

R1T6: Thickness, you are seated on the bench. What do you do?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"Strike to Subdue or Keep Rowing! I got them!"Thickness lets his shield clatter against the bottom of the boat, pushing through to the other side and diving into the water to give chase. While he lashes out, it's no to kill but to disorient, head snapping forward but jaws not biting, while he grips his lance loosely underwater.

Spoiler: Action!
    Show

Move: Jump into the water on the side of the boat with the creature. No penalty for moving through allied spaces, but I almost certainly provoke a AOO.
    Swift: Arcane Strike, because I have nothing better to do.
    Standard: Non-lethal bite attack.

Hit: (1d20+3)[5] -4 for Non-Lethal.
    Damage: (1d6+6)[9], +1 for Arcane Strike, Nonlethal.

If/Thens:
    If Attacked I'll use Whirlpool Spin.
    If the enemy attempts to leave in a manner that provokes AOO, I'll attempt a Hamstring Manuever from the Elephant in the Room Feat reduction, being a opposed combat manuever with attacks to entangle them/prevent them from leaving instead of doing damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

6. - Top - End - #36

R1T6: "Strike to Subdue or Keep Rowing! I got them!"Thickness lets his shield clatter against the bottom of the boat, pushing through to the other side which includes trying to stand first - and he doesn't do well at that. He charges his weapon as he falls snout over tail into the water. While he lashes out, it's no to kill but to disorient, head snapping forward but jaws not biting, while he grips his lance loosely underwater. He misses wildly, but he is off-balance in the water now, submerged.
    Spoiler: Thickness
    Show
    Off-balance is the underwater version of being prone. You will maintain penalties and unable to move from spot until you spend a MA to right yourself (provokes AOOs).

R1T5: Blood in the water continues to flow from the spot of the fallen bogey.

R1T4: Ambyr yowls unhappily in the now pitching lifeboat, claws sunk into the wood and keeping as low a profile as possible. It then kitty vomits all over the front bench - on Eirina and Arsenne.

R1T3: Roran, what do you do? You are currently seated.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ow!" Roran cries out, reflexively raising a hand to the bloody wound along the side of his head. "Not the welcome I'd hoped for!" Twisting in his seat to get a look at his attacker, he draws a machete from a sheath on his hip and chops downward at the blue skinned creature.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Free action: Assessment to try to identify the monster.

Move action: Draw machete.

Standard action: Attack Red with risky strike.
    Attack:(d20+5)[17]
    Damage: (d6+6)[12]

8. - Top - End - #38

R1T3: "Ow!" Roran cries out, reflexively raising a hand to the bloody wound along the side of his head. "Not the welcome I'd hoped for!" Twisting in his seat to get a look at his attacker, he draws a machete from a sheath on his hip and chops downward at the blue skinned creature. It ducks underwater before his stroke glunks underwater. He thinks he contacted something, but there is no blood that pools when he withdraws his arm from the water.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T22:
    A thick steaming mist comes out of the lamp and then there is a kersplash in the water on the opposite side of the little monster from Thickness. Nothing of whatever made that splash is above water right now, but the area where it came into the water is hissing with steam.

R2T19: Despite the newcomer, the little creature stabs at the off-balance croc-man, but his tail slaps away the attack.

R2T20: Eirina, the enemy is just under the water but visible; Thickness and whatever came out of Mr. Arvodair's lamp likewise is not above water. What do you do?

Mr. Arvodair on deck, Kaen in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

ElfRogueGirl

"Ick! And here I was worried that Uncle Kaen would barf." Eirina states as she unsheathes her Elven Thornblade. "I Cannot fight like this, I'm going in!" After channeling an animal focus upon herself, she then jumps into the water after Thickness. She then goes to stab the squid goblin thing with her sword.

Show
    SwA: Animal Focus Frog on Eirina, granting +4 on Swim Checks and on Acrobatics Checks to jump.
    Move Action: Jumping into Water
    Acrobatic Check: (1d20+4)[23]
    StA: Attack Red
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage roll: (1d6+3)[6]

10. - Top - End - #40

R2T20: "Ick! And here I was worried that Uncle Kaen would barf," Eirina states as she unsheathes her elven thornblade. "I Cannot fight like this, I'm going in!"

After channeling an animal focus upon herself, she stands up before losing her footing and falling overboard. She is now submerged and off-balance, though she did get a good gulp of air before going underwater. Now underwater, she rights herself, which includes putting her feet on the ground as it appears the boat is over a sandbar right now. Where she fell, though, she can't get to the enemy, and she now appears to be behind ... a woman made of steam or something?

R2T17: Mr. Arvodair tries to stand, but falls in the pitching boat, then manages to get to his feet.

R2T13: Kaen, what do you do?

Zeferin on deck, Arsenne in the hole ...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaen shifts his weapon into its shortbow form, firing an arrow at the aquatic foe. He then shifted his astral armor shifts to its armored form.
    Show
    SwA, move E so that I have 1 E in both Slashing Volley and Bangle of Barriers.
    SA: Fire shortbow at red. (1d20+8)[17] (1d6+1)[5].
    MA: Turn armor into armor mode. This changes the enhancement bonus to STR, so I did it after the shot. I seem to remember something about bonuses lasting a whole turn, so if the change from +2 DEX to +2 STR applies before the attack, that will be effective -1 to attack, but +1 damage (as the bow is composite)
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

12. - Top - End - #42

R2T13: Kaen shifts his weapon into its shortbow form, firing an arrow at the aquatic foe, but the angle from his side of the boat is too severe and he overshoots. He then concentrates, and the formless green "skin" shifts to a much more significant form, as if wearing very fine chainmail.

R2T10: Zeferin, what do you do? The head of the monster is below the surface of the water, but you do see it just under the surface.

Arsenne on deck, Thickness in the hole ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

"Back to back everyone! Watch for where the nasty thing will pop out!" Zef shifts in his seat awaiting the sea beast to show its ugly fish mug again.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Move Action: Draw Shield
    Swift Action: Activate Arcane Strike.
    Standard Action: Ready Action - "If the sea monster currently peeking it's head out comes within striking distance, I will swing my Warhammer at it"(1d20+6)[7] dealing (1d8+3)[6] magical bludgeoning damage, adding +1 to that damage if Arcane Strike is still in effect.
    Characters

Zeferin Voss #DAA520 🔨

Games

None Currently.

14. - Top - End - #44

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne shouts "Better yet, if you are not fighting, lower your bodies and try to stabilize the boat!" and with that he slides down off of his bench, twists around so he is facing the rest of the boat and the team, and with his knees against the bottom of the boat and his hips down as low as his flexibility will permit, he holds the bench that he was sitting on with his right hand spread wide toward the center and his left hand against the gunwhale.

Spoiler: Mve, SA, Roll
    Show
    Move Action: take position at the bottom of the boat.
    Standard Action: preparing to shift and counterbalance when someone else upsets the boat's stability.
    Rolling to assist with Acrobatics (d20+8)[27]

15. - Top - End - #45

R2T10: "Back to back everyone! Watch for where the nasty thing will pop out!" Zef shifts in his seat awaiting the sea beast to show its ugly fish mug again.

R2T8: Arsenne shouts, "Better yet, if you are not fighting, lower your bodies and try to stabilize the boat!"

With that he slides down off of his bench, twists around so he is facing the rest of the boat and the team, and with his knees against the bottom of the boat and his hips down as low as his flexibility will permit, he holds the bench that he was sitting on with his right hand spread wide toward the center and his left hand against the gunwale.

R2T6: Thickness, you are prone/ off-balance in water with lance in hand, next to one of these critters which is now also submerged. The depth here is only 5' as there is a sandbar at this point. What do you do?

Roran on deck, Unknown water-steamer in the hole ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Thickness takes a moment to right himself in the water and glance at the mass of steam before back to the attack, his legs and tail taking their proper place as he strikes again with his closed jaw, aiming to subdue instead of kill.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Swift: Enter Silver Crane Waltz Stance, improving AC and Reflex Saves by 2, Initiative by 4.
    Move: 'Stand up'/End Off Blance
    Standard: Non-lethal bite attack with Enduring Crane Strike.

Hit: (1d20+7)[10] , needs to loose -4 for Non-Lethal. Heal Occurs on a hit.
    Damage: (1d6+5)[6] Nonlethal.
    Heal -Targeting Myself if hit by AOO, or Arsenne or Roran determined randomly since they were speared, determined randomly to mimimize metagaming.
    Heal Target (If not self) (1d2)[1] 1 Arsenne, 2 Roran.
    Heal Amount: (1d6+5)[11]

If/Thens:
    If Attacked I'll use Whirlpool Spin.
    If the enemy attempts to leave in a manner that provokes AOO, I'll attempt a Hamstring Manuever from the Elephant in the Room Feat reduction, being a opposed combat manuever with attacks to entangle them/prevent them from leaving instead of doing damage.

17. - Top - End - #47

R2T6: Thickness takes a moment to right himself in the water, but not before trying to get into a fighting stance. That is when he learns that he can't really get into a proper fighting stance while off-balance, so he doubles down on righting himself. As he is flailing around like that, the bogey stabs its spear into Thickness' lower left calf for 3. He tries to glance at the mass of steam on the other side of the bogey before he focuses on his offense, his legs and tail taking their proper place as he strikes again with his jaw, attempting to use more of the back molars on fatty parts of the enemy - seeking to incapacitate, not kill - but the enemy is very squirrely and the sobek fails to find any purchase.

R2T5: The pool of blood off the starboard side continues to get thicker.

R2T3: Roran, you are seated with your machete in hand. You could attack the enemy, but it is fully submerged at this time. What do you do?

Steamy Sue on deck, Enemy in the hole ...
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Roran frowns as he peers over the edge of the boat. "These look to be grindylows, aquatic aberrations not unlike goblins in temperament and appearance. Nasty little creatures. Not sure I see the wisdom in engaging them in their native environment." His blood begins to quicken as he waits with his machete raised, preparing himself to strike at the tentacled creature in the event that it emerges from the water.

Show
    Move action: Roran will unsuppress the Blood Rush veil.

Swift action: Invest 1 essence into the Blood Rush veil.

Standard action: Ready a Risky Strike attack vs. Red in the event that it emerges from the water within 5 feet of him.
    Attack: (d20+5)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[11]
    Last edited by rypt; 2023-11-16 at 04:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

R2T3: Roran frowns as he peers over the edge of the boat. "These look to be grindylows, aquatic aberrations not unlike goblins in temperament and appearance. Nasty little creatures. Not sure I see the wisdom in engaging them in their native environment." His blood begins to quicken as he waits with his machete raised, preparing himself to strike at the tentacled creature in the event that it emerges from the water.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T22:
    The water-lady misses with a red-hot, steaming dagger.

R3T19: Red remains submerged, adjusting away from the rowboat. Its tentacles try to pull on Thickness to throw him off balance, but braced against the bottom that doesn't work. It attacks with its spear, but the sobek does something akin to a crocodile's death roll - but without an enemy in its mouth, and the confusion and thrashing and cavitating water throw off what looks like it would have been a successful strike. It finally snaps wildly at Thickness with its mouth of razor sharp teeth.

R3T20: Eirina, you are under the water, standing on your feet on the sandbar. You don't have anything in hand. What do you do?

Mr. Arvodair on deck, Kaen in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

ElfRogueGirl

Eirina surfaces before she casts Air Bubble on herself while assessing the situation, studying the Steam Lady to try and figure out whether she is friend or foe. She saw the woman throw a dagger but she isn't sure who the target was since she missed.

Show
    StA: Air Bubble: (1d20+6)[14]

Move Action: Surfacing

Sense Motive Check: (1d20+4)[23]

21. - Top - End - #51

R3T20: Eirina surfaces before she attempts to defensively cast a spell while assessing the situation, studying the Steam Lady to try and figure out whether she is friend or foe, but that distracts her casting and she loses her spell. She saw the woman throw a dagger but she isn't sure who the target was since she missed. Thinking about it, though, it seems that the woman is more focused on the grindylow than Eirina.

R3T17: As he picks up his trident, Mr. Arvodair shouts all manner of nautical imprecations best left out of print. Funny for a man of his height, he's actually not that scary as he does so, but something about the various things he says makes you not want to disappoint him for lagging in combat. He then bodily throws himself at the grindylow in the water with a mighty yell. He lands with an amazing splash next to Thickness, but the grindylow is sent hurtling 20' to the northeast, the water doing little to slow the beast down and rattling its cage. Though in the water next to the boat, Mr. Arvodair stands on the bottom with his head above water.

R3T13: Kaen, what do you do? You saw the Bernoulli hump (underwater wake) of the creature being rocketed, but at this distance you don't see the grindylow, as a function of both distance and reflection on the water.

Zeferin on deck, Arsenne in the hole ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaen smiled at Mr. Adovair as he went overboard at the beast. "His strength is as uncanny as his manner is uncouth, it seems", he said wryly. moving to the edge of the boat. Once in position, he lines up a shot, ready to fire once the grindylow was again in view.
    Show
    MA: Move northeast 5 feet, making any balancing checks as needed.
    If I fall, I will spend my next action to get up. If I maintain my footing, I will ready an action to shoot the grindylow when I have a clear shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

23. - Top - End - #53

R3T13: Kaen smiled at Mr. Ardovair as he went overboard at the beast. "His strength is as uncanny as his manner is uncouth, it seems", he says wryly, moving to the edge of the boat. Once in position, he lines up a shot, ready to fire once the grindylow was again in view.

Mr. Ardovair rumbles, and that rumbling is heard underwater only a few feet around him, but still intelligibly, and Thickness thinks it might be to him as Mr. Ardovair looks down from above the waterline to him, "She's got this."

R3T10: Zeferin, your readied action didn't go off. What do you do?

Arsenne on deck, Thickness in the hole ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Zef draws the shield from his back and holds it forward. He yells out to the crew, "Hold your ground everyone, it could come back at any moment!".
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Standard Action: Total Defense
    Move Action: Draw Shield
    Last edited by KupoTheMage; 2023-11-22 at 01:30 PM. Reason: forgot to write desription
    Characters

Zeferin Voss #DAA520 🔨

Games

None Currently.

25. - Top - End - #55

R3T10: Zeferin readies his shield and readies it to the north and advises, "Hold your ground, everyone. It could come back at any moment!"

Mr. Ardovair continues to rumble to Thickness, "Don't get in..."

R3T8: Arsenne, do you maintain your low position to help steady the boat as needed, or do you do something else?

Thickness on deck, Roran in the hole ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne continues to keep his center of gravity as low in the boat as possible and he continues to hold on to the the bench and the gunwale so as to actively counterbalance the boat if necessary. He calls out: "Uhh, folks.... There's a lot of blood in the water. Aren't sharks attracted to that? But please, don't all try to climb back on board from the same side at the same time. Capsizing would be bad!" And he looks over his right shoulder and nods to Ambyr.

27. - Top - End - #57

R3T8: Arsenne continues to keep his center of gravity as low in the boat as possible and he continues to hold on to the the bench and the gunwale so as to actively counterbalance the boat if necessary. He calls out: "Uhh, folks.... There's a lot of blood in the water. Aren't sharks attracted to that? But please, don't all try to climb back on board from the same side at the same time. Capsizing would be bad!" And he looks over his right shoulder and nods to Ambyr.

Ambyr responds, "Aohw."

Mr. Arvodair continues to Thickness, "... front of her."

R3T6: Thickness, what do you do? Do you heed Mr. Arvodair's warning at all?

Roran on deck, Babs Bubbles in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Thickness pauses at the words before his jaws open slightly with a small bubble of air, whatever he might have uttered in the syllable swallowed by the water before he sets, and his body lines with his spear for a charge at the remaining Beast, water guiding for a picture perfect strike, aimed to inflict pain instead of death.

Spoiler: Charge
    Show

Swift: Enter Silver Crane Waltz, +2 AC/Reflex, +4 Initiative.
    Full: Charge using Sand Shark Rush replacing Attack with Swim.
    Attack roll: (1d20+5)[19] (+8 for Swim Speed. +2 for not actually wearing shield. -4 Nonlethal. Possibly modified by Charging and high ground (depending on if he was pushed downward.)
    Damage: (1d8+4)[9]+(1d6)[4], Spear + Sand Shark Rush bonus damage, Non-Lethal.
    Movement from Charge: Move 1 square East and 3 up.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2023-11-24 at 03:08 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

R3T6-5.5: Thickness pauses at the words before his jaws open slightly with a small bubble of air, whatever he might have uttered in the syllable swallowed by the water before he sets, and his body lines with his spear for a charge at the remaining Beast, water guiding for a picture perfect strike, aimed to inflict pain instead of death.

The unconscious grindylow floats to the surface. Kaen, seeing the grindylow, shoots at it but way overshoots the mark, nearly pinching his fingers in the akashic bowstring's path.

Combat Ends!

As combat ends, the woman underwater flashes completely to steam, and returns back inside the lantern at Mr. Arvodair's side.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

With the immediate threats dealt with, Thickness actively takes a moment to look around for anything else that might be swimming towards them.