New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant: The Lost Outpost [IC]

Thickness heads off while everyone grabs water. Loping along the ground as he is, he gets to the southern end of the two long, facing buildings. These two long, rectangular buildings are constructed entirely from planks on a wooden frame, with a pitched thatched roof. Each building has two doorframes on the side of the buildings opposite the palisade, but lacks doors. Four window frames open into either side of the long walls, a few of which have no cover and others only a canvas draped across the inside.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne follows Eirina's instrcutions, leans his Glaive against the well, fills up his waterskin, and allows her to purify the water, all the while watching her intently with a slightly bemused smile.

Once done, he takes a sip, nods at Eirina and, still smiling for some unknown reason, says : "Thank you."

He thing picks up his Glaive and follows Thikha'Ness.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

After giving his niece a polite shake of the head, Kaen ignores the water for the moment and turns to follow Thickness.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"No scents so far. Maybe we were unlucky with the other buildings."
    Thickness takes his care near the window frames, being basically holes in the building, taking a quick look inside for signs of occupancy or other things of concern.

If he spots nothing of note, he will continue to stand near the door, placing his lance down to lean against the wall while equipping his shield properly.

"Lets wait for the rest to catch up. Surprised they left the ship with empty skins."

Spoiler: Action notes
    Show

Continuing Running Hunters stance for Scent
    Basically moving slowly to the door making perception checks focusing on scent, with one made near the window, before putting down the spear and wearing my shield properly, still holding a torch in case of swarms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

5. - Top - End - #185

ElfRogueGirl

Upon both rehydrating herself and Ambyr, Eirina follows Arsenne as they rejoin the others.

6. - Top - End - #186

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne catches up to Thikha'Ness, and stands ready with his Glaive.
    He looks at the others and says: "If Thikha'Ness is ready to go in first, I would like to offer to go in second. I can try and support him from close with my Glaive, even possibly deflecting some attacks, and perhaps summoning some of Shelyn's own luck for him if the opportunity presents itself. Is that O.K. with everyone, or do you suggest something different?".

7. - Top - End - #187

Thickness looks/ sniffs. inside the front entrance of both barracks. Four window frames open into either side of the long walls, a few of which have no cover and others only a canvas draped across the inside. A partial view of the interior is possible from the doorways. Inside, the floors are hard-packed earth, and along the walls are wooden bunk beds. Many of the pallet beds are covered with blankets that now gather dust. Those beds have sacks or tied bundles of clothes sitting at their feet.

The only olfactory oddity is that there is more of a scent of fresh-turned earth than expected, and a background hint of something that is pungent and unfamiliar.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"Didn't take there stuff... some of the dirt smells turned but I cant see where. Something else new too... if they fled I'd expect them to have taken their stuff. Taken perhaps?"

Thickness shakes his head as he braces by the door.

"I should save it for after we've searched. Going in."

Spoiler: Breach!
    Show

Activate Silver Crane Waltz and keep it active while Thickness relays his thoughts. Then enter the building. If nothing jumps out he'll head in the direction he smelled the unusual scent until he's sure its not a creature/Ambush and then join investigating the barracks.

9. - Top - End - #189

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne says: "Right behind you. I'll be watching the rafters too."
    He follows thikha'Ness in, glancing in all directions in addition to the rafters, of course.

10. - Top - End - #190

ElfRogueGirl

"I'm coming too!" Eirina states in a determined tone as she switches her longbow to her Elven Thornblade. If there was fight to be had she didn't want to miss out again. Eirina then follows after Thickness and Arsenne. "Let's go Ambyr!"

Spoiler: Moving North.
    Show
    FrA: Switching Longbow for Elven Thornblade
    MA: Moving north towards A11.

11. - Top - End - #191

The group begins their search of both barracks.

Just then, an insect looking something like a modified grasshopper scuttles forth angrily into view. It is about the size of a working dog (Small).

Begin Round One ...

R1T25: Kaen, you are currently juggernaut-ing with sword. What do you do?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaen rushes forward, bringing the curveblade down on the insect's head. "Ankheg larva, its progenitors are probably nearby", he said matter-of-factly, showing a surprising degree of calm despite the danger.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    FRA: Charge the insect! Or if I'm not far away enough for that, MA: Approach insect!, SA: Attack the insect! Leaving the charge bonus up to you to determine.
    (1d20+6)[10] (1d10+1)[6]

13. - Top - End - #193

R1T25: Kaen rushes forward, bringing the curveblade down on the insect's head. "Ankheg larva, its progenitors are probably nearby", he said matter-of-factly, showing a surprising degree of calm despite the danger and missing his target.

R1T21: Thickness, you have lance and shield readied. What do you do?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Thickness charges the insect, jaws snapping out from above his shield.

Spoiler: Nom nom nom
    Show

I put my lance down in 184, actually holding my torch.
    Already in Silver Crane Waltz, so

Swift: Arcane Strike, +1 Damage.
    Charge
    -Movement Portion: Ending the square east of the lavae.
    -Attack Portion: (1d20+5)[9]. Needs another 2 for charging.
    -Damage Roll: [roll]1d6+5[/roll[. Needs +1 for Arcane Strike.

15. - Top - End - #195

R1T21: Thickness, unable to charge because Kaen is partially in the way, instead carefully approaches the insect while returning to his fighting stance, jaws snapping out from above his shield, but missing. At least by not having charged his defense is more measured.

R1T17: Arsenne, what do you do?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne shifts 5' North, so that he is with arm's length of Kaen and Thikha'Ness.
    He then uses his Glaive to strike at the aphid with a powerful short, downward, circular slash and says firmly: "Aphid rainbow Drop!"

If he cannot strike between his two teammates and he realizes it on time, he will then instead let go of Glaive with his lead hand (the left), and touch Kaen on his right shoulder while saying "May Shelyn's own luck bless you on your next try."

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Attack, risky strike (d20+5)[24] damage [d10+9]
    Or
    Bit of Luck (Sp): You can touch a willing creature as a standard action, giving it a bit of luck. For the next round, any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result

17. - Top - End - #197

R1T17: Arsenne shifts 5' North, so that he is with arm's length of Kaen and Thikha'Ness. He then uses his Glaive to strike at the aphid with a powerful short, downward, circular slash and says firmly: "Aphid rainbow Drop!"

Arsenne hits the insect firmly for 17.

R1T17: Eirina, what do you do?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

ElfRogueGirl

Eirina assesses the battlefield and remembers her Uncle's words about progenitors. Upon reflection she decides to leave the battle of the lone insect to her uncle and the others and while trying to discern where the other bugs might be."Ambyr! Stay on alert."

Spoiler: Assessing the battlefield
    Show
    Perception Check:(1d20+10)[14]
    OOC:She is currently trying detect if there are more enemies hidden somewhere.

19. - Top - End - #199

R1T17: Eirina assesses the battlefield and remembers her Uncle's words about progenitors. Upon reflection she decides to leave the battle of the lone insect to her uncle and the others and while trying to discern where the other bugs might be, though she doesn't see any others.."Ambyr! Stay on alert."

R1T15: Mr. Arvodair settles into a fighting stance as he moves forward, taking out trident and readying his shield. He does a quick jab as some type of special maneuver at the ankheg-baby, but fails to connect. Meanwhile he calls out various exhortations that help the party feel tougher.

R1T13: The ankheg nymph spits a line of acid at Kaen and Arsenne, and neither of them were expecting that as they both are squarely struck - Kaen takes 4 acid, and Arsenne takes 6 acid. It then readjusts its position.

R1T11: Roran, what do you do?

Ambyr on deck, Kaen in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Roran draws his greatsword. "If there are more, we will be ready." He glances to Eirina and her predatory companion. "...I think."

Show
    Free action: Assessment of the bug monster.

Move action: Draw greatsword, if not already drawn.

Standard action: Ready a greatsword attack against any bug monster that enters a square he threatens.

21. - Top - End - #201

R1T11: Roran draws his greatsword. "If there are more, we will be ready." He glances to Eirina and her predatory companion. "...I think."

R1T9: Ambyr looks and sniffs, wary of any other danger.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T25:
    Kaen, you recover your balance from your charge. What do you do?

Thickness on deck, Arsenne in the hole ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

A hiss escapes Kaen's lips, but he does little else to acknowledge the pain. Changing tactics, he steps back as best he could (the cramped conditions hinder him more than he'd like), his weapon once again in shortbow mode as he loses an arrow at the beast before shifting back to sword and back into the fray
    Show
    SwA: "Null adjust" my essence into the same veils, shifting slashing volley to shortbow mode
    5 ft step SE
    SA: Attack the beast. Because my last attack was with the veil in sword mode, I get +2d6 precision damage (base 1d6 and and additional 1d6 for the 1 E invested into it)
    (1d20+6)[11] (1d6+1)[2] + (2d6)[9] (precision damage)
    FrA: Move 10 feet NW and shift into sword mode.

Note to self: find a veil/ability that I can activate as a move action.

23. - Top - End - #203

R2T25: A hiss escapes Kaen's lips, but he does little else to acknowledge the pain. Changing tactics, he steps back as best he could (the cramped conditions hinder him more than he'd like), his weapon once again in shortbow mode as he loses an arrow at the beast (that misses) before shifting back to sword and back into the fray.

R2T21: Thickness, what do you do?

Arsenne on deck, Eirina in the hole ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Taking a moment of focus, Thickness strikes out again with his jaws, silver light gathering and heading for Arsene -

Spoiler: Plan Attack!
    Show

Swift: Arcane Strike.
    Standard: Enduring crane strike with bite, on hit heal 1d6+cha to Arsene.
    -Attack: (1d20+7)[12]
    -Damage: (1d6+5)[7]+1 for arcane strike.
    -Healing: (1d6+4)[6]

25. - Top - End - #205

R2T21: Taking a moment of focus, Thickness strikes out again with his jaws, a silver light limning his teeth. But when he bites nothing but chitin and no deeper, the silver light fades.

R2T17: Arsenne, what do you do?

Eirina on deck, Mr. Arvodair in the hole ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne cries out: "Arrghhh! That better not leave an ugly scar!"

He throws a curious glance at the briefly glowing Thikha'Ness, then shifts 5' to the North and attacks the little monster using the same vertical downward slashing technique again so as to be able strike without endangering his comrades. Shouting much louder and angrier this time: "Aphid rainbow, DROP!!!"

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Risky strike (d20+5)[7] to hit, and damage of (d10+9)[16]

27. - Top - End - #207

R2T17: Arsenne cries out: "Arrghhh! That better not leave an ugly scar!"

He throws a curious glance at the briefly glowing Thikha'Ness, then shifts 5' to the North and attacks the little monster using the same vertical downward slashing technique again so as to be able strike without endangering his comrades. Shouting much louder and angrier this time: "Aphid rainbow, DROP!!!

He completely misses.

R2T17: Eirina, what do you do?

Mr. Arvodair on deck, Ankheg nymph in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

ElfRogueGirl

Eirina grips her Elven Thornblade tighter and continues to search for any in-coming danger from the rear. Glancing at Ambyr to see if he senses anything before going back to surveying the field. "Smell anything boy?"

Spoiler: Staying Alert
    Show
    Readying an Action: Prepares to attack with her Elven Thornblade if a new enemy appears.

29. - Top - End - #209

R2T17: Eirina grips her Elven Thornblade tighter and continues to search for any in-coming danger from the rear. Glancing at Ambyr to see if he senses anything before going back to surveying the field. "Smell anything, boy?"

Ambyr doesn't appear to have caught an interesting scent.

R2T15: Mr. Arvodair fills the air with may imagination nautical imprecations, hitting the thing with both trident and shield and dropping it.

He puts it to the tine.

Combat Ends!
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne says: "Thanks Mr. Arvodair. I was getting angry at it and lost my focus."

He looks at the big bug: "Is that thing fully dead?"

He looks around: "And how's everyone doing? Is now a good time for me to channel some of Shelyn's beautific energy so as to heal the group, or should I save that a bit longer and attend to you each individually?"