New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant: The Lost Outpost [IC]

"Use it," says Mr. Arvodair. "A bunch o' youse got hurt by acid just now. Painful wounds. And a couple of youse still got scrapes and bruises from before."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

"We should search this place, I am surprise no more appeared." Eirina states. "And I am good for healing but thanks please focus on my Uncle and the others."

3. - Top - End - #213

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne says: "O.K. then, gather round. I'm only going to talk you through this once, so you don't get surprised, because after this, I'm just going to go ahead and do it when appropriate, sometimes without warning. The range is limited to about a 30 foot radius. The goddess I worship, and who empowers me is Shelyn, and she works through beauty and love. So for this first try, I'm going to ask you all to close your eyes, and think about how much the Eternal Rose loves all of us, so much that she will share a tiny portion of her infinite beauty in order to heal us. Health and beauty go hand-in-hand. So, is everybody ready..."

Arsenne pauses, looks at the body of the immature Ankheg and stops. "No wait. Are we sure that thing is really really dead? Shelyn is quite generous with her love and beauty, and I don't have the power to be selective in how I channel it into this world. I'll feel really stupid if that thing stands up and shoots acid at us all over again."

Arsenne makes sure that Ankheg's head was properly bashed in by Mr. Arvodair's shield. "O.K., it looks safe. Think of yourselves as small, half-filled ponds of water. Shelyn is an immense ocean of beautiful, clear, sweet water. I'm going to open for just a short second, a tiny channel between The Eternal Rose and us so as to refill those of us who need it."

He adds softly: "Now let's hope this work, because after such a big build up, if I flub this it's going to be horribly anti-climatic..."

He touches his rose-shaped symbol around his neck and looks upwards.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Channel positive energy, 30'r (d6)[3]

4. - Top - End - #214

A pink glow washes outwards, almost like a relaxing sunset, rolling over everyone. While not dramatic in effect, still it offers an easement from current pain of 3 healing.

Does the party wish to do a quick or deep search in both barracks?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Thickness smiles.

"It is nice to see devotion rewarded. We should do a quick search for anything of import. Or perhaps the beast's parents if that is truly a youngling..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

6. - Top - End - #216

It takes a little over an hour, but the party completely searches both barracks.

Here is what you find, and this assumes Roran uses his eyeglasses of magic sight:

• An amulet with a moderate aura of enchantment that Roar identifies as a lesser amulet of good fortune.
    • Coins that represent loose change and the paltry savings of some two dozen people: 65 gold, 240 silver.
    • A wand with a faint aura of illusion that Roran IDs as a wand of color spray (12 charges) which was hidden in a small tear of a mattress, with the initials "U.H."

What do you do with these things? What's next?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217

ElfRogueGirl

"Whoa! That's a lot of coin just to leave lying around..." Eirina states in shock, given her hometown being so small and being in the hunting and trapping business she's not used to see so much money just lying on the ground. "Why is there such a large amount sure it belonged to more than one person but even still this is weird right? Just what happened here?" Eirina then looks at Ambyr. "Can you pick up a scent boy?"

8. - Top - End - #218

Ambyr is unable to pick up on any scent.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"This... Only makes sense if there was an emergency that required them to leave immediately. But there's no looting. The only thing that makes sense is some sort of mind sorcery. Sailors tales speak of odd things, including Sirens that draw sailors to them despite danger. Perhaps the local waters have something worse than water goblins."

Thickness has taken to looking around more frequently.

"If there's no trail, then I think it's time for the next building. I couldn't use the wand, but I imagine one of us could make use of borrowing the amulet."
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2024-01-18 at 08:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaen had been silent, lost in thought over this. "I think it's more likely that some nonsapient animals drove them out. Mental control on that scale would be have to be used by something incredibly powerful."
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

As Roran studies the magical objects, sparks of excitement burn in his eyes before extinguishing themselves a moment later. "I had hoped to uncover some magical relics on this island. I did not think they would belong to the other colonists." He offers the items to whoever will take them, evidently having no desire to keep any of them himself.

12. - Top - End - #222

"If'n you take boater's input," says Mr. Arvodair, "I think that amulet would look dashing on our 'sirrani croc-man .. or gator-guy ... I never could get the difference. And then if any'ya are good at taking yer' magic knowledge and figuring out other types o' magic - maybe the girl or the guy who told us what the wand was - they might be your best bet of making use of dat sparkle-stick."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne looks longingly at the Amulet of Good Fortune, and finally says: "Luck is one of the fine attributes of The Goddess Shelyn. I am sure that you would wear it well, Thikha'Ness, and may whatever favour it attracts to you benefit us as well. As for the wand, although I am enthusiastic about witnessing its use and seeing all of the pretty colours at once, it is unfortunately not the sort of magic I can use."

He pauses. "I say we assign these items and put them to the use for which they were intended. As with the shirt that Thikha'Ness is wearing, we can all agree that this is provisional until we find the original owners, healthy and hail."

"Shall we move on to the next building? And keep a very sharp eye out. I hit that bug really hard and it was still standing. If it really is a mere infant, then the parents must be somewhere on the island, and will pose quite a danger."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"It sounds as we are in agreement. I wasn't going to suggest it since I was already wearing another's chain. I shall wear it, and let's move on."

Donning the amulet, Thickness will lead towards the building in A10.

Spoiler: Direction note
    Show

Continuing the perimiter sweep. If we've only checked one of the two barrack's though, I'll instead lead towards the door of the other.

15. - Top - End - #225

ElfRogueGirl

"I'm able to use the wand if you do not want it." Eirina states as she takes the wand and puts it in her backpack for now. "And yeah let's move onto the next building and see if we can find anything else. I am hoping we don't find that bug's mama however."

Spoiler: crunch
    Show
    MA: Eirina puts Wand of Colour Spray in Backpack.

16. - Top - End - #226

Both barracks having been searched, it is important to note that Thickness' torch is expended (and assumed dropped).

Now what? Where from here. If another building ... be specific, and don't make me interpret which one you mean.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Having ensured both barracks are checked, Thickness begins leading the group towards the easternmost building making up the east corner of the settlement.

Spoiler
    Show

Heading to A10 on the map, making more clear.
    Also raised in Discord, but what's used my torch?

18. - Top - End - #228

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne says: "Hang on, before going for that corner building, how about if we take a look at this second long building between the one we just explored and the corner building? I mean, it's on our way right?"

"Also, I think we should discuss all that coinage we found. Unlike the wand, the amulet, or the chain shirt, loose coins are not specifically identifiable items. I don't think some colonist is going to come back and say, 'hey, that is my specific silver coin!'. And it's not like the coins were in an identifiable chest or specially adorned coffer. They were laying about in the building. I think we should keep it together and use it for communal benefits of us, the new colonists, and hopefully the original batch of colonists whom we hope to find."

"If you like, I can keep it in a bundle, and keep track of it for our purposes. Much as I hated those six infernal weeks I spent training in the Church of Abadar before discovering the beauty of The Eternal Rose, I did stay long enough to learn the rudimentary elements of accounting and can keep track of what coin comes in and what goes out, and what belongs to whom."
    Last edited by Diavolo; 2024-01-21 at 11:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229

ElfRogueGirl

"Keeping the coin all together until we agree how to split the coin amongst our group is a good idea." Eirina states. "And I agree that we should explore the building next to this one since it is on our way. What say you Uncle? Roran?"

20. - Top - End - #230

Having already searched the second barracks building, the PCs continue to southeast to the far eastern building (A10).

This wooden-framed, mud brick structure is currently the colony’s only two-story building, as well as one of the largest structures. It has the appearance of a rural courthouse or city hall rather than that of a residence. The front features a small porch supported by rough log pillars, with double wooden doors facing west. Numerous window frames with shutters, some of them open, wrap around the building on both floors. The roof is not thatched, but has wooden shakes instead. The construction suggests this building was intended to be a source of community pride, but it still has a rough, unfinished appearance due to lack of paint and coarse materials. A few small shrubs have been planted around it.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne says, "Shall we circle it once to check for recent tracks or any other clues before going in?"

22. - Top - End - #232

ElfRogueGirl

"I doubt there are any left but yeah I can do a quick search." Eirina states as she searches around the building for tracks.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    FRA: Eirina searches around A10 for tracks

23. - Top - End - #233

There are no tracks outside anywhere around the building, and Ambyr has no scent pools.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"Well then. Once more through the door."

Putting his spear down and gripping his shield properly, Thickness takes his crane stance opens the door, walking through weary for ambush.

Spoiler: Stance
    Show

There's only the one relevent one, but Silver Crane Waltz for extra AC if his by surprise.

25. - Top - End - #235

This main chamber is intended for community meetings and future government and legal proceedings. The building has not been used recently, as evidenced by a light layer of dust throughout.

That is just what is obvious at a glance. Do you do a deep or quick search in here?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236

ElfRangerGuy

Asrenne cast spell on the blade of his glaive, which start to glow like torch that casts a soft lavender light. He says: "If there are no obvious dangers, let's explore the rest of the building so that nothing ambushes us while we are searching."

He adds: "As you've surely gathered by now, I like to be in the second or third rank so that I can support with my Glaive should we encounter anything hostile, and, with all due respect and appreciation, it allows one of you brave folks with armour to absorb the initial attacks." He winks at Thikha'Ness.

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Action: Cast orison "Light" on blade of his Glaive.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"I'd be more than happy to join to join you there. But as I'm able then as we should."

Thickness relaxes as nothing jumps out.

"I agree on the search though, a quick search to make sure nothing's here, and moving on to the next building."

28. - Top - End - #238

The makeshift offices have simple wooden tables, chairs, and writing equipment including stationery, ink, and quills. The northern office also has a locked wooden coffer.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239

ElfRogueGirl

"Hm...wonder that's in here? hang on I can get it open." Eirina approaches the Wooden Coffer lock and brings out her Thieves' Tools and starts playing with the lock on the coffer so as to open it incase there is a clue hiding in there.

Spoiler: Rogue Time
    Show
    MA:Eirina moves to the Wooden Coffer and begins picking the lock. Doing a Take 20 on the lock.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Roran pauses abruptly amidst the search and looks up, glancing first to any nearby windows or doors. "Did uh... did anyone else just get the feeling that we're being watched?"