New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Could Superman *thrive* in the Marvel Universe?

So, I ran across an odd article the other day, mentioning that there were tentative plans to swap various Marvel and DC characters when the big Avengers vs. JLA event went down, and it got me wondering; how would the various characters fare in the company swap?

Now, I know Superman could survive just fine in the Marvel U- the Big Blue Boyscout has enough raw power to slap the stupid out of anyone short of Galactus, and even there he could probably do some damage (depending on the writer, of course). But how would he relate to the other heroes? Would he be able to maintain his mental health while dealing with the negative-IQ dumpster fire that is the general populace of Marvel civilians? Could even his utterly, utterly relentless optimism survive in the face of the largely-self-inflicted slowly-drowning-in-liquid-feces that is Peter Parker's life, the messy, disjointed metaphor for everything and nothing that is the X-Men, or even just the deranged soap opera of overpowered villains and incomprehensibly bad personal-life decisions of Alpha Flight?

Wonder Woman would be an interesting case- assuming they could figure out what the **** they were doing with her better than DC does, she'd probably do well in Marvel, given that she tends to roll a little less idealistic than the DC average, and her more ambiguous ancient-Greek-style heroing would probably work fine. Although the Marvel version of Hera would probably piss her off beyond all belief.

Going the other way, Spider-Man getting dropped into DC would be... weird. DC doesn't tend to have the universe at large crap all over A-listers, at least not long-term, so the ol' Parker luck wouldn't run quite the same way. I can't help but wonder if he'd end up a jumpy, neurotic mess, half-waiting for the other shoe to drop, and half-realizing just how many of his problems are self-inflicted. Heroing-wise, he'd probably do fine after Batman (tried to) beat seven shades out of him in a futile effort to get him to shut up. Him fighting the Joker would probably end poorly for... well, anybody in the same time zone as the Joker once he managed to escape Arkham again, given the apocalyptic levels of futile, foaming rage Spider-Man would cause in the Clown Prince of Crime.

If Wolverine got dumped into the DCU, I sort of suspect he'd end up banished to the grungy corner that nobody-much talks about with Wild Dog, a few of the Vigilantes, Hitman, the second(?) Damage, and those other guys who occasionally pop out and annoy everyone else with their edginess before vanishing once again in a cloud of 90s-ness (no shade on Wolverine, that's just where I sorta suspect he'd end up dumped after an initial big marketing push).

But yeah- which characters would thrive where, I wonder? Are there any who'd do better if they swapped?
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Could Superman *thrive* in the Marvel Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Now, I know Superman could survive just fine in the Marvel U
    Imean that's not really fair, everyone except Uncle Ben can survive just fine in the Marvel U. HEYO!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes Superman as Superman can thrive in the Marvel Six Sixteen Universe. Clark can thrive as his own person with his own morals. Likewise the opposite where Superman expys as Villians have done numerous bad events, story arcs, and alternate universes.

=====

Likewise in the Marvel six sixteen the biggest weaknesses would be covered, their is no Kryptonite, you can learn the red triangle protocol that can block most forms of evasive mind control even if you are not a telepath, and there are magical artifacts that can protect from many forms of magic. Yes none of these are complete immunity but from a storytelling perspective Clark can thrive.

Only problem is he has to learn to love women pilots as the bad ass archetype for this universe rule set and not hot women reporters.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

I give Clark better odds of survival in Marvel than in DC, actually.

Marvel's entire multiverse doesn't get destroyed every five yearsby a traumatized teenager throwing a temper tantrum or glowing blue Jackass unraveling history in an attempt to make it more relatable.

Salt aside, I mean, assuming we won't have a "the sun feels greasy" situation making Clark irritable and no villain is manipulating things to instigate things he's a likabl, charismatic person who'd get along pretty wwell with a number of Marvel's main heroes.

Like, seriously, in one of the official Marvel/DC crossovers Clark managed to win over the Hulk.
    Superman: All I want to do is help you, Hulk. That's my job helping people.
    Hulk: Hulk isn't people. Hulk is... different. But so is Cape-Man! Cape-Man looks like puny human, but isn't! Hulk... trusts Cape-Man!
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Well my comic days are 40 years behind but I'll give it a go.

I think Superman will do fine. He might end up ruling Asgard but I see him having a coffee with Captain America, both trying to figure out why people mock them just for being nice. I mean, when did being nice go out of style?

Meanwhile Wolverine would be in a bar with Batman wondering why the world is so messed up and why don't heroes get down in the gutter with villains? Batman smirks, "Heh heh...I'd love to see Joker's face when he drops a giant piano on you, then realizes you can just get up and disembowel him!"

Aquaman and Namor would compare childhoods and Aquaman would ask "if your dad was human how'd you get the winged feet?"

Spiderman and Green Arrow would probably talk about how bad corporations are and how the "little guy" needs protecting while Green Lantern would fall over himself trying to get in Wonder Woman's... invisible jet.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Yes.

But that isn't the interesting answer.

The interesting answer, is still yes, but we go into a lot more detail: Superman arrives in the Marvel Universe. the Marvel universe does not know what god of virtue has shown up to screw up its day in so many ways its not even funny because its actually hilarious. He hears a mutant getting attacked by a sentinel and in 0.1 seconds (if he's being slow) arrives there and punches the sentinel to death, then repeats this until every sentinel on Earth are destroyed. the X-men like "you mutant?" and he's like "no I'm just here to help, what are these things?" and X-men tell him. The next thing any knows is that Superman is making an announcement to the world that is an alien from Krypton, that he stands with the X-men against the sentinels and anyone who makes them as they violate the rights of all sapient beings pointing out that anyone who has them can use them against the common people as well, he's so inspiring while he does this he basically shames the entire world into giving up making them. people of course hate him for being an alien and standing with the X-men but he stands by his decision with a smile, because unless one of those haters got Lex money they can't do JACK to him.

Next he finds Spiderman, he offers to help Spiderman to lighten the workload and he's like "thanks man" they form a friendship and over time he somehow learns that Peter's work-life balance is more out of whack than broken trombone and his guilt complex is a mile long so he tries to get the guy some therapy while he fills in for Spiderman for a while so he can get a break. Marvel New York's villains learns the terror of being on the wrong side of a city protected by Superman, cause if they hate Spiderman always winning against them.....then Superman aka Clark "Spiderman Without the Flaws" Kent is going to be much worse for them.

At some point Doctor Doom tries to kill Superman out of ego and jealousy. Superman stops it and thinks its adorable since he's not even being subtle about it while Lex Luthor at least hides his plans behind the cover of legitimate business making it harder for him to see where its coming from until its too late and overthrows Doom as a dictator while saying he violates international law by attacking the Fantastic Four so any protection his status as a sovereign ruler of a nation affords him is null and void. somehow Doom blames this all on Reed Richards again.

The Skrulls invade again, but given that they fail normally and now there is an alien god with array of senses who can detect when any number of things are off and is probably stronger than most Marvel characters protecting Earth, they fail even harder than usual. Same goes for any other alien invasion.

Superman sooner or later faces Thanos. unless Thanos has something that makes him more powerful than Darkseid, Superman beats him I guess.

Superman probably makes a Justice League sooner or later but in Marvel and insist that it be not apart of any government power. the X-men and Magneto join it. Captain America sees what Superman is doing and likes it, but has an internal crisis over whether he should join himself or stay with the Avengers, but when the US government predictably does something stupid, Captain America immediately joins the Marvel Justice League. the only reason Spiderman declines to join is because he has enough problems to deal with at home and Superman's like "fair".

Batman:
    He shows up and starts fighting crime with his usual methods. He is so good at spreading the fear and mystery of what he is, and so good at fighting crime and supervillains with pure skill that everyone concludes he is a mutant despite his insistence that he isn't and thus gets hated as a mutant. The X-men talk with him and use him as an example of why the hate for mutants is irrational and this is oddly effective at furthering the X-Men's cause. he also funds the X-men to support their cause.

Next he and Ironman become friends with a lot of common interests, but kind of vitriolic since they have certain differences to their personality: Ironman is some level of narcissistic and also can be alcoholic at times while Batman is more straight-laced and serious so it ends up that Batman is often the serious sane one and the Ironman as the wacky comedy partner in a strange version of superhero buddy cop stories and despite all of Batman's efforts he ends up being the Kim Kitsuragi to Tony's Harry DuBois, which is useful because superhero worlds are weird and sometimes you need very strange methods to solve cases

Batman probably finds Spiderman, looks at his life and goes ".....wow I found the one person in all the world whose life is more tragic than mine". because at least Batman can BUILD a family. He then tries to work out a deal to privately fund Spiderman so he be a superhero full time (wait, thats a good solution to a lot of superheroes no one has considered: there is always a rich super there, they could simply hire and pay another superhero without such money to do the superheroing they're already doing so that they don't have to hold down what is essentially two jobs constantly)

Wonder Woman:
    She finds the Marvel amazon isle, isn't impressed and proceeds to teach them to be "real" amazons while kicking the ass of anyone who tries to stop her. Succeeds. IDK what else.

I ran out of ideas so thats it.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

The Marvel universe already has any number of characters who basically have Superman's power set, such as the Silver Surfer and multiple iterations of Captain Marvel. It's also already done the 'broken Superman' approach - that's the Sentry. Adding Superman to Marvel just adds another cosmically powerful hero to the mix. Exactly how much Superman can change depends on where his power level is set vis a vis everyone else, which at such incredibly high power levels is basically an exercise is authorial fiat anyway.

At the cosmic level Marvel and DC differ in the DC is more given the to huge evil empires of evil approach - flagship Darkseid - while Marvel is more given to the bizarro weird s*** from other dimensions approach. In some sense that makes things harder on Superman, since he's a face-puncher at heart, but it would allow him to relax more at the same time.
    Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Asking the important questions here, who is the Lois Lane equivalent in Marvel? and please tell me said reporter is not Patricia "Trish" Tilby

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Some interesting responses, although... I still wonder how Superman's mental health would fare in the Marvel U, given just how unrelentingly dumb the average Marvel citizen is. For a lot of the plots to work, the Joe Average in Marvel has to be stupendously gullible with the critical thinking skills of a hamster. And I mean, okay, fair enough when you look around at the real world sometimes, but you'd think there'd at least be some dissenting voices, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Asking the important questions here, who is the Lois Lane equivalent in Marvel? and please tell me said reporter is not Patricia "Trish" Tilby
    Eh, Trish Tilby is Vicki Vale at best; my vote for closest equivalent to Lois Lane would be Betty Brant, I think. Works at the 'main' newspaper, (former) love interest to the company's flagship hero. Granted she started as a secretary rather than an intrepid reporter, but she did shift to the reporting side of things after a while.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I give Clark better odds of survival in Marvel than in DC, actually.

Marvel's entire multiverse doesn't get destroyed every five yearsby a traumatized teenager throwing a temper tantrum or glowing blue Jackass unraveling history in an attempt to make it more relatable.

Salt aside, I mean, assuming we won't have a "the sun feels greasy" situation making Clark irritable and no villain is manipulating things to instigate things he's a likabl, charismatic person who'd get along pretty wwell with a number of Marvel's main heroes.

Like, seriously, in one of the official Marvel/DC crossovers Clark managed to win over the Hulk.
    Hey now, Marvel's multiverse was destroyed by an East European Dictator of a tiny rump state, which is almost as bad as a glowing naked man or an irrational teenager

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Some interesting responses, although... I still wonder how Superman's mental health would fare in the Marvel U, given just how unrelentingly dumb the average Marvel citizen is. For a lot of the plots to work, the Joe Average in Marvel has to be stupendously gullible with the critical thinking skills of a hamster.
    I think the guy who couldn't tell the difference between a police chief and Bizarro in a rubber mask would fit in just fine there.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampiricLongbow View Post
    Hey now, Marvel's multiverse was destroyed by an East European Dictator of a tiny rump state, which is almost as bad as a glowing naked man or an irrational teenager
    He did not destroy it, he rebuilt it after it was half a mess(age)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    That's because Marvel editorial only hates Spider-Man not everyone.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by VampiricLongbow View Post
    No he didn't.

It was destroyed by the Beyonders for some reason, Doom saved it, and then it got rebuilt exactly the way it was before and all the people resurrected with te exception of Miles Morales and a few other people from the ultimate universe ending up on 616.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #15

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    At the cosmic level Marvel and DC differ in the DC is more given the to huge evil empires of evil approach.
    Eh, Marvel has plenty of evil cosmic empires. There's the Skrulls, the Kree and the Shi'ar at least. It's just that the really big hitters on that level tend to be itinerants rather than having a powerbase like Apokolips.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    While Betty Brant would be a great choice because of the newspaper office flirtations, the answer is Sue Richards. Because EVERYONE falls in love with Sue Richards. The question is whether Reed is around or not.

If Reed is around, Sue/ Supes becomes too Tristan & Isolde. Then I suggest Betty Ross, a strong intelligent woman (like Lois) with experience in dealing with secret identities of her lovers.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Eh, Marvel has plenty of evil cosmic empires. There's the Skrulls, the Kree and the Shi'ar at least. It's just that the really big hitters on that level tend to be itinerants rather than having a powerbase like Apokolips.
    Now hold on all three of those particularly the Shi'ar are generally a lot more nuanced than than the evil empires of DC. The Shi'ar are good or neutral at least as often as their evil. (keeping in mind My recent comic reading is fairly haphazard, I will concede a possibility some writer has come along and made them just straight up bad guys when I wasn't looking.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Batman smirks, "Heh heh...I'd love to see Joker's face when he drops a giant piano on you, then realizes you can just get up and disembowel him!"
    Given Batman went out of his way in the Marvel crossover to properly beat the living wotsits out of the Punisher for some reason I can't see the exchange happening. Well not unless it's AzBats Batman but then that'd be too jokey for that very serious religious fanatic guy.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_One View Post
    Given Batman went out of his way in the Marvel crossover to properly beat the living wotsits out of the Punisher for some reason I can't see the exchange happening. Well not unless it's AzBats Batman but then that'd be too jokey for that very serious religious fanatic guy.
    Bruce saw Punisher about to execute some drug dealer.

Bruce beat up Frank, then beat up the drug dealers.

Thi was right after he told the rest of the League not to interfere with the other universe too much.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The sun still exists, but Kryptonite doesn't. If he sets up in New York and signs on with the bugle, Peter finally gets a chance to relax If he can keep New York under control, that's like 60pc of the Marvel universe taken care of.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Superman is, in many ways, Captain America, but with the power of Wonder Man or Thor. He has the morals and idealism of Steve, but with the immense power that comes with being a Kryptonian. I think he'd do fine in the Marvel Universe, even if you assumed that kryptonite came with him.

1 there was an old What The where they joked about a crossover; Thor fought Superman, and while Thor asked if a mortal could compete with the power of a god, Superman asked if Thor could compete with the power of a mortal drawn by a god named Byrne
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground

for me, the more interesting question is where he would slot in in the marvel universe

First, is he going to get his own series? Or will he be just added as a member of the Avengers or something?

Let's assume he gets his own series. Let's say he's fighting Mr Mxypltk and the imp simply transfers him into the Marvel universe with no way back. He's just lost his entire supporting cast, rogue's gallery, and various appendices (no fortress of solitude, no krypton, no legion of superheros, no metropolis, no smallville, no ma and pa kent, no krypto, no lois lane)

So we are looking at a man out of place story. So he would start with investigating this new world and tryign to figure out how to get home. He's probably end up with reed richards trying to figure out how to send him home only to find out "nope" not possible.

So he'd have to build a whole new supporting cast and rogue's gallery. Doesn't seem like it will be very satisfying.

Instead, let's say that the fifth dimensional imp instead does a full on molecule man ultimate spiderman switch and moves the entire supporting cast and accoutrements.

Suddenly Lois Lane is a hotshot reporter for the Daily Bugle. Lex Luthor is going to be competing with Tony Stark as an industrialist and Dr. Doom as a supervillain. the Legion of Superheroes shows up in the 35th century and has to figure out how to interact with the guardians of the galaxy future.

That's more interesting to me, but seems like a vast change.

As far as thriving. Sure. He's so powerful he quickly slots in as leader of the Avengers and trivializes the capture and rehabiltation of most criminals. No Kryptonite means no weapons against him.

At least until he comes up against the X-Men for some reason and we realize that the Marvel Universe has the ultimate superman-slayer. The one enemy custom built to destroy superman.

Cyclops.

You doubt me? What are superman's weaknesses? Kryptonite? Magic? Red Sunlight.

Wait... red sunlight....

what is cyclops mutant power? He absorbs solar energy and converts it into optic rays. Red optic rays.

Cyclops is literally a red-sunlight gun.

To add to that, Superman has a long tradition of approaching a new fight against an unknown enemy the same way. He floats there and lets the enemy take the first shot. He's confident in his own invulnerability and ability to survive the first blow and it gives him an idea of what the enemy has to offer.

Cyclops has a long tradition of taking that first shot.

So he's float there and let Cyclops take the first, and probably final, shot.

So he'd thrive just fine until he ran into the typical hero vs hero fight that pops up every summer during crossover month. And then he'd go down like a chump.

Everyone always talks about the Hulk vs Superman, or Thor vs Superman. Nah. Marvel has been sitting on the superman-killer since 1963, hiding in plain sight.
    Last edited by Wintermoot; 2023-11-16 at 12:20 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoot View Post
    what is cyclops mutant power? He absorbs solar energy and converts it into optic rays. Red optic rays.

Cyclops is literally a red-sunlight gun.
    No, he isn't.

Cyclops' beams are concussive force. They're eye-punches.

(Monica Rambeau, whatever she's calling herself today, is the one who could hard counter Superman because like Captain Atom in the DCU she can produce specific wavelengths of EM radiation but she's somewhat more powerful than Atom)
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2023-11-16 at 12:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Yeah. Scott isn't firing sunlight out of his eyes, he's using the sunlight to open portals to a parallel universe filled with an infinite quantity of photons that operate in a red wavelength but behave as a kinetic force when interacting with matter from our reality.

Technically this means that Scott is in theory a source of perpetual energy but I think the red light goes back to its original reality after it disperses.

If Scott looks at you and then you aren't there anymore, it's not because he vaporized you with a laser beam, it's because the force of his optic blast shredded you down to your component atoms. A trivia difference to some, but...

the custom built Superman Slayer would be Hazmat, a Miscelenous mutate whose power is that her body generates toxic substance s and energies. usually this is limited to ionizing radiation and, if she focses it, conentrated blasts of atomic fire but she'ss also generated poisons, dieases, and in one case an EMP since those are "tocix to machines."

If she fought Superman she'd blast him with Rads and end up hititng him with every kind of Kryptonite at once.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-11-16 at 12:42 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

There are two reasons everyone wants to punch Scott Summers in the face.

1) His personality and actions.
    2) His face is a portal to a punch dimension.

Full bore, Scott is going to cause a problem for Superman, no doubt. Eyes open, his face punches are gonna smack a Kryptonian out of the sky, and a few bounces are gonna catch him by surprise. Then Clark is going to say "Oh, no, not this" and slap the ruby quartz visor back on Scott's face.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryOgre View Post
    Full bore, Scott is going to cause a problem for Superman, no doubt. Eyes open, his face punches are gonna smack a Kryptonian out of the sky, and a few bounces are gonna catch him by surprise. Then Clark is going to say "Oh, no, not this" and slap the ruby quartz visor back on Scott's face.
    There's also the option of just breaking his confidence. "You see, my eye-beams actually turns off when I want them too. Oh, and in addition to them I also have super-everything powers."

Spoiler: Everything!
    Show
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2023-11-16 at 12:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Now is this Superman as is in the Marvel Universe or Superman written by Marvel writers? If the later he will eventually break character to justify getting involved in, and possibly leading, a big hero vs. hero event (likely over a conflict that could and should have just been talked out).

Granted DC Superman has done this as well, but I am pretty sure only in Elseworld stories and not whatever universe the main comics take place in at the time.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2023-11-16 at 12:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

No, he isn't.

Cyclops' beams are concussive force. They're eye-punches.
    Bullets are concussive force too.

Bullets made out of red sunlight.

retcons about "portals to other dimensions of red photon" bunk and garbage aside. He's a red sunlight gun.

29. - Top - End - #29

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermoot View Post
    Bullets are concussive force too.

Bullets made out of red sunlight.

retcons about "portals to other dimensions of red photon" bunk and garbage aside. He's a red sunlight gun.
    Except Cyclops' beams are not and have never been sunlight of any colour. Just because he absorbs sunlight to power them.

And they're strong, like "remove an inconvenient mountain" strong, but they're not "seriously bother Superman" strong. To seriously bother Superman you have to be "remove an inconvenient planet" strong because that's the level he operates at. (Monica is, that was her plan for preventing the collision with Earth-1610. Sentry is. Worldbreaker Hulk is. Black Bolt maybe if he got some voice coaching from Axl Rose. Very few others in Marvel.)
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2023-11-16 at 12:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Except Cyclops' beams are not and have never been sunlight of any colour. Just because he absorbs sunlight to power them.
    Agree to disagree

And they're strong, like "remove an inconvenient mountain" strong, but they're not "seriously bother Superman" strong. To seriously bother Superman you have to be "remove an inconvenient planet" strong because that's the level he operates at. (Monica is, that was her plan for preventing the collision with Earth-1610. Sentry is. Worldbreaker Hulk is. Very few others in Marvel.)
    Hey, I'm never going to have a bad word for my girl, Monica. She has been, is, and always will be -MY- Captain Marvel.