1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: El Goonish Shive X: Please Don't Feel Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Should that be "doesn't work"?
    It absolutely should be, whoops.

(I did not remember Jay actively wanting to meet Grace's super cool girlfriend Tedd, which is kind of weird given the length of time it was her sole expressed motivation.)
    Eh, it was introduced a while ago and then Jay didn't appear for like two years, and once she got reintroduced she was mainly interacting with Grace and Susan. Totally understand losing track of it.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am going to guess that That Card has something to do with suspending or being outside of time.
    Or an elf creature that comes back from the dead?

We don't really know what Hope wants to tell Sarah, do we?

(If she wants to befriend her again, simply telling Sarah "Hi, I'm Hope, but you knew me as Box" would be A LOT more direct. But I guess Hope is not in a good place to do direct communication right now.)

3. - Top - End - #423

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kardwill View Post
    Or an elf creature that comes back from the dead?
    I've been assuming it's something to do with Pandora's Box. She's using a specific weird and noteworthy card, which is probably central to the message.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

DrowGuy

Girls being nice -
    Boys: "Is this flirting?"

Girls Flirting -
    Boys: <No thoughts, empty head> Or maybe "Is this person playing me for a fool? Am I being pranked?"

To be fair to Rich, he probably never had a woman be nice to him or pay him a compliment that wasn't his mom. I doubt anyone has ever flirted with him ever, so it's understandable that he wouldn't be able to recognize it.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2024-07-12 at 08:51 AM.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Errorname View Post
    I've been assuming it's something to do with Pandora's Box. She's using a specific weird and noteworthy card, which is probably central to the message.
    Feels likely this kind of game might actually have a card called "Pandora's Box". Not sure what it would do, exactly, but it's 100% in the right genre.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    Feels likely this kind of game might actually have a card called "Pandora's Box". Not sure what it would do, exactly, but it's 100% in the right genre.
    I'm guessing that it would probably be a one-cost Artifact that you can tap to exile the top card of each player's library face down, or pay seven, tap and sacrifice it to turn all cards exiled by it face up and then put all permanents into play under their owner's control, but that's just a guess.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2024-07-12 at 09:54 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

7. - Top - End - #427

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    I'm guessing that it would probably be a one-cost Artifact that you can tap to exile the top card of each player's library face down, or pay seven, tap and sacrifice it to turn all cards exiled by it face up and then put all permanents into play under their owner's control, but that's just a guess.
    Importantly, whatever the card Hope built her deck around is, it kind of sucks. Like everyone who's seen it has said "wow, never seen anyone try and make that card work".

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Errorname View Post
    Importantly, whatever the card Hope built her deck around is, it kind of sucks. Like everyone who's seen it has said "wow, never seen anyone try and make that card work".
    Yeah, Pyxis of Pandemonium is pretty bad outside of formats like Commander, where seven mana is actually doable before someone loses.

I'm not saying the card Hope is using is based on Pyxis of Pandemonium, I just wanted to mention that Magic does have a card based on Pandora's Box~
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

9. - Top - End - #429

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Yeah, Pyxis of Pandemonium is pretty bad outside of formats like Commander, where seven mana is actually doable before someone loses.
    Then it might be a pretty good fit!

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The strange mind of Catalina. She jumped to the conclusion that it is that easy to forget someone you genuinely cared about rather than the conclusion that they forgot those guys because they didn't care about them.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    The strange mind of Catalina. She jumped to the conclusion that it is that easy to forget someone you genuinely cared about rather than the conclusion that they forgot those guys because they didn't care about them.
    Let's remember - Catalina has only dated one person, ever. For about a year at this point! Even beyond that, there's only one other person she wanted to date (Susan, who said no).

The idea of "treating guys as disposable wallets to fund their dating habits" and flushing all memory of them afterward is completely foreign to her. For her, dating is something you only do with people you care about.
    Last edited by Reboot; 2024-07-16 at 07:09 PM.