1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Fall War 5e

Athanasius
    Tabaxi Assassin Rogue | Collage of Whisper's Bard
    HP: 82/129 AC:15 Init:10
    Bardic Inspiration: 4
    Voice: "Now that... Is a secret."

"Well hello there. That did work.. Though the others.. Hmm. Well you there sir, Can you tell me about this place. Why are you all ethereal over here? We've slain the dra... the cat man is cut off as he is suddenly somewhere else. "I don't like this place." he remarks flatly.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Wendell heads for the nearest shop to ask about the town and try to figure out where they are...and why.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Wendel enters the guild hall as that is the first builing he comes to that looks like a shop, inside are membets of different guilds but a you human male stops and tends to your requests.
    When you ask where you are, he indicates that you are in the village of greyhawk near castle greyhawk

As to why you are here he say only you can answer that
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-01-23 at 02:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Raphael will make his way to the town hall and see if he can get an audience with the mayor or whatever the figurehead of the local bureaucracy is called here.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Raphael will make his way to the town hall and see if he can get an audience with the mayor or whatever the figurehead of the local bureaucracy is called here.
    Town hall much like any. Inside there are a couple of offices in the back, but up where you are near the entrance there are chairs for 30, a central podium, a smalll child running about with an unhinged parent giving chase. A tall human walks over asks your business, finding you are asking for the woman in charge he directs you to the back right office where silvia greets you as you enter. How may I be of assistance to you?
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-01-23 at 11:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Juste goes to see the Blacksmith. Upon arrival to the smith's shop, he immediately takes out his favorite hammer and begins hammering out nails for the smith, his hammer ringing out in rhythm. He converses with the smith as he works.

"It doesnt matter where you go. Nails are valuable. In some places, they use them like money. They take no skills to make, and everyone needs them."

He shifts some material in the forge, stopping for a moment.

"I may look strange to you, or I might not. Juste is my name. Artisan of The Royal Guild of Smiths and Artisans of Celyne by trade. Some friends and I are looking for a particularly ancient dragon who might be marauding these parts."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Starmage21 View Post
    Juste goes to see the Blacksmith. Upon arrival to the smith's shop, he immediately takes out his favorite hammer and begins hammering out nails for the smith, his hammer ringing out in rhythm. He converses with the smith as he works.

"It doesnt matter where you go. Nails are valuable. In some places, they use them like money. They take no skills to make, and everyone needs them."

He shifts some material in the forge, stopping for a moment.

"I may look strange to you, or I might not. Juste is my name. Artisan of The Royal Guild of Smiths and Artisans of Celyne by trade. Some friends and I are looking for a particularly ancient dragon who might be marauding these parts."
    At the blacksmith.
    it is usually customary to ask to use another smiths equipment yes?! exclaims the blacksmith

you are looking for a What? , after repeating yourself
    you mean you are intentionally looking for a dragon and not just any but rather the meanest of the bunch.

look yonder towards the west you see those mountains just there about 2 days travel by horse I would guess.
    follow that south and west to the mountain that never sleeps, you will find your fire breather there.
    it does not bother us or the castle near here, it knows better than to try that again after the beating we gave it last time.

but if you be serious about going off after the bloody beast, I should measure you and your friends for a box I do not think you will be coming back.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Town hall much like any. Inside there are a couple of offices in the back, but up where you are near the entrance there are chairs for 30, a central podium, a smalll child running about with an unhinged parent giving chase. A tall human walks over asks your business, finding you are asking for the woman in charge he directs you to the back right office where silvia greets you as you enter. How may I be of assistance to you?
    Raphael removes his helmet, "Greeting Silvia, I am Raphael, my friends and I recently encountered an ancient white dragon then due to my bumbling have ended up here. I am not certain where here is." He nods and then takes a seat as he explains the task they were set to with collecting the dragon shards and asks, "Would there happen to be a particular dragon plaguing the area? I believe we should probably look for a black one if we can find it."
    I like the globe warm...

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Raphael removes his helmet, "Greeting Silvia, I am Raphael, my friends and I recently encountered an ancient white dragon then due to my bumbling have ended up here. I am not certain where here is." He nods and then takes a seat as he explains the task they were set to with collecting the dragon shards and asks, "Would there happen to be a particular dragon plaguing the area? I believe we should probably look for a black one if we can find it."
    You are in the villiage of greyhawk, near castle greyhawk.
    An anciant white dragon you claim i did not know such a beast existed. I dont know of these shards you speak.
    I know a few years back it is told the castle garrison set one fire breather packing back to its mountain there off to our west.
    I have no idea of color i am afraid that is not something shared with us common folk

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”Perhaps a dragon that tends to wash its victims down with acid might make a more suitable descriptor?”
    I like the globe warm...

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I do not know about some dragon or any creature that has acid like that

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Juste looks at the blacksmith quizzically without ever stopping working.

"The hammer and the work belongs to me. This pig iron thats suddenly become nails for you to sell never stopped being yours. The information you've given me is valuable, and the work to make the nails is payment. Seems a fair trade for an honest tradesman like yourself, dont you think? If you disagree I can stop working right now and we can discuss other forms of payment."

He chuckles

"You might be right about the boxes. I dont expect to return from this trip. Such is the nature of quests given by divine beings. They test you to your limits."

Juste works for 1 hour, fashioning as many nails as he can in that time. Then he goes to the inn to wait for his compatriots and share information about the red dragon. He will order food and drink, though he cannot eat it. Its just not right to occupy tablespace and not patronize the establishment.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Smith's Tools (1d20+15)[24] (+5 Strength, +5 Proficiency, +5 Expertise)

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nodding his dismissal, Raphael will put his helmet back on and leave the building. Once he decides where the Inn is located he will head there to await the others.

Coming inside he see Juste and takes a seat at his table. ”I have managed to gather very little helpful information, apparently the town guard drove off a fire breathing dragon a few years ago. Somehow I doubt that is our quarry since a town guard managed to drive it off. Also if it’s breathing fire it could be a red or possibly a more benign metallic one. That would explain its willingness to leave. But that is only speculation “
    I like the globe warm...

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Wendel eventually arrives at the inn, meeting up with his comrades they begin to discuss what they have learned.

a while back a dragon that breathed fire menaced the town and castle, the castle garrison drove it away, it flew back towards the mountains to the west and has not returned.

the port has ships coming and going on a daily basis those ships travel to the outer islands and back with various goods.

One of the ships captains tells a tale of a watery flying beast that menaces ships from time to time off the azure coast where the ocean turns deep.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Perhaps we should try and find the watery flying beast. If we manage to slay it we could endear ourselves to the ships captains and then have passage to other places."
    I like the globe warm...

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

"I feel investigating that teleport might be more important. Sure it seems to have brought us in the right direction this time but it could have just as easily dropped us in an active volcano. It's not natural, being able to dispel a high level spell at the same time as it moved us, without even touching our defenses. Could it have something to do with that gem we took off the white dragon?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"It seemed to be triggered by how I arranged the coins and bottles. There were both dragons and castles on either side of the coins. I believe I just happened to get the castle combination rather than a dragon one." Pausing for a moment he continues, "Likely it was some artifact with a one time use? I have seen no trace of it since we arrived here. We do need to get back at some point and find the dragon lair to loot it." Raphael is not talking in hushed tones, anyone can hear him speak.
    I like the globe warm...

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Athanasius

"Well the question there is why was there such a powerful artifact just sitting in a bar with people there. When I went ethereal they could see me, but we and only we were teleported before I could ask them anything."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Night falls as the party, eats and settles in for the night, Wendel decides to wander off in the night , when morning comes and he is not located the party learns Wendel was last seen traveling west towards the mountains...
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-01-30 at 08:57 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Raphael comes down to the bar/eating area and orders himself some breakfast while musing to himself, I wonder which direction we should go, hopefully we can decide on a direction this morning and be off.
    I like the globe warm...

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Juste does not order food or water, but pays for a meal anyway. He sits, listening to the explanations of the others, and noting his missing compatriot.

"We have two choices. We pursue the azure beast into the sea, or we head west into the mountains to find the Red. Given that one of us has already headed West, I think we should follow. While I think it was folly for them to go ahead of us, perhaps this will allow them to blaze a trail they could not with the rest of us in tow."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Personally I do not think we are ready to take on the Red. They will be the worst. Since we don't really know where the others are I would suggest the one at sea."
    I like the globe warm...

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Athanasius

Time passed and things happened, an here was Athanasius "Can either of you swim?"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I can, I can also fly. I assume we have the arcane means for us all to fly as well as to breath underwater."
    I like the globe warm...

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

After some lengthy discussions the party has decided to bid a fond farewell to one of their party whom has wandered off to the west. While in town enjoying the things it has to offer you learn of a ship that is heading out into the Azure Sea, the captain is willing to take you on as passengers as he does not need more crew. In exchange for this passage he does ask that you freely defend his ship from an aquatic threats that would menace his ship. The Party agrees to this as it seems reasonable and the following high tide the captain and the crew of the Golden Lion set sail. The ship is roughly 40ft wide at its widest point and from bow tip to stern is about 160ft long it has two main masts, the taller of the two hosts a crows nest capable of holding three brave sailors currently there are only two sailors keeping watch. The next few days and nights that pass are uneventful. The fourth morning the captain requests your presence in his quarters as he claims you are about to enter the Azure Sea.

Good Day, I am glad you are all well rested it has been an easy voyage up until now. A few hours sailing from hear and we will be in the Azure Sea proper. I would like you spread out fore, starboard and port sides for the threats I expect to come. These threats have been known to be but not always occurring. Sharks, Octopus, Squid, Whale, and that damned flying menace! I hope you can fly, swim or hold your breath underwater if needed. Any Questions ?
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-02-10 at 09:23 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Could you possibly elaborate a bit on the damned flying menace?"
    I like the globe warm...

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Well I have heard tale, the beast is gargantuan nearly impossible to see if it is in the water. and when it comes near there are always thunderstorms that precede it. A few survivors of a supposed attack have told the tale that it can call lightning from the very skies.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Sounds like the blue, we will keep watch, captain."
    I like the globe warm...

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Athanasius

The catman bites his lip. He could not fly, nor breath water. He was unsure if he could swim all that well either.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

8 Hours go by and you stand your stations ... (1d100)[54]
    16 Hours go by and you stand your stations ... (1d100)[46]
    24 Hours go by and you stand your stations ... (1d100)[87]
    nothing has occurred, you begin to wonder if the captain was justified in his worry about the area of the sea that you are in.

(OOC Party Please identify where you are on the ship at midday of day 2. and do any RP you feel like)
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-02-13 at 08:49 AM.