New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default World of Warcraft RPG

Four years have passed since the mortal races banded together and stood united against the might of the Burning Legion.

Though Azeroth was saved, the tenuous pact between the Horde and the Alliance has all but evaporated.

The drums of war thunder once again...

⭢⭢⭢⭢⭢⭢⭢⭢⭲❌⭰⭠⭠⭠⭠⭠⭠⭠⭠

Amidst the sweeping plains of Mulgore, where the winds whisper tales of ancient honor, a shadow creeps over the sacred land. The drums of battle echo across the wide open prairie, as the noble tauren face a perilous threats that could shatter the serenity of their home. Gather your courage, adventurers, for the time has come to defend the heart of the Earthmother.

Will you rise as champions or be swept away by the gathering storm?

Beneath the setting sun, the verdant grasslands of Mulgore bear witness to a rising darkness. The Burning Blade, a malevolent cult of warlocks wielding demonic powers, casts their sinister gaze upon the sacred land. Their unholy rituals threaten to plunge the once tranquil plains into chaos. The spirits echo their pleas, calling for champions to stand against this infernal menace.

Will you stand firm against the demonic tide, or will the shadows of the Burning Blade consume all in their path?

As if the demonic whispers weren't enough, a distant thunder reverberates across the horizon. Dwarven prospectors, lured by the siren song of greed and curiosity, have violated the sacred lands of Mulgore, unearthing ancient ruins that hold secrets best left undisturbed. The delicate balance between the Alliance and Horde now teeters on a precipice, as the tauren's patience wears thin.

Will you navigate the treacherous diplomatic waters, prevent the spark that ignites war, and safeguard Mulgore's sanctity, or will the clash of factions be an inevitable storm that engulfs all in its wake?

As if the threads of fate weren't tangled enough, notorious Venture Company, driven by insatiable greed, descends upon the tranquil plains of Mulgore like vultures circling their prey. Their ruthless machinery they tear into the earth & scars the land, extracting precious minerals without regard for the sacred balance. The very lifeblood of Mulgore now flows into the coffers of corporate greed.

As the earth shudders beneath their machines, will you thwart the Venture Company's relentless exploitation and preserve the sanctity of Mulgore's soil, or will the land itself bear witness to its own despoilment?

The call of the Horde beckons, valiant adventurer! Will you confront the challenges that stand before our people with the courage of a true warrior, or will you retreat like a timid mouse?

If bravery courses through your veins, make your way to Bloodhoof Village. There, the path of the bold awaits your arrival!

FOR THE HORDE!

⭢⭢⭢⭢⭢⭢⭢⭢⭲❌⭰⭠⭠⭠⭠⭠⭠⭠⭠

Spoiler: Notes
    Show
    The World of Warcraft RPG is a game created by White Wolf Publishing that is a variant of the 3.5 system. If you know how to play D&D or Pathfinder, you will easily understand how to play this game. It has a unique set of races and unique classes but it is all easily comprehensible by anyone familiar with D&D. Even if you are only familiar with 5E, you will clock this game pretty quickly. So do not hesitate to apply

Due note that there are two editions of this game. We are playing the World of Warcraft RPG, not the Warcraft RPG. The logo on the cover is the same as the one at the top of this post. If you are familiar with World of Warcraft, the cover of the core rulebook is the same as vanilla WoW's Box Art. :)

I am not sure where to purchase the rulebooks but they exist out there on the internet. The game was published under the OGL, so if you cannot locate the rulebooks right now, I can send any relevant mechanics to you.

For a start date, we are basically starting when Vanilla WoW did, so four years after the events of Warcraft III. This will be our own unique instance of the universe, so expect some changes from the classic representation of the world. The game world will also respond and react to your characters actions, so the setting will evolve and change as we play.

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? World of Warcraft the Roleplaying Game

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? You are noble adventurers seeking to defend the Horde from its many enemies.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? 3 to 6

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? The Giantitp/OOTS Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? 1st Level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Each class starts with a different amount of money (located on page 176). You may either roll for your money or take the average, your choice.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? Anything in the WoW RPG Core Rulebook is fine.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? Any of the Horde Races - Orc, Tauren, Forsaken/Undead, Goblin and Jungle Troll

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? 4d6 best 3. If you do not like what you rolled, you may use the Elite Array: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? I am looking for adventurers who embody the aspects of Thrall's Horde - ferocity, compassion, strength & honor. If all you want to be is a murder hobo, this is not the game for you.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Yes, per the rules. Also note that the game makes heavy use of prestige classes, so take those into consideration when conceptualizing your character.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Standard fair. As is common with PbP games, I will roll initiative for the players & NPCs/enemies (in order to speed that process up).

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. None that I can think of right now.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? I am looking for a good paragraph that describes your place in the world, where you came from and why you have become an adventurer. I would also like for you to tell me about the following:

- One friendly NPC who is located in Thunder Bluff.
    - One unfriendly NPC who lives in Mulgore
    - One enemy that your character hates (and may, in turn, hate your character)

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? A mix

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? The WoW RPG Core Rulebook and the Horde Player's Guide
    Last edited by GreenDragonPage; 2023-12-15 at 01:16 PM.
    Games I am Running
    - Crown of the KOBOLD KING - IC | OOC | Doc

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: World of Warcraft RPG

Okay, that sounds fun and takes me back.

I'll roll now and then look at the book for some inspiration on a charakter.

Spoiler: ROLLS
    Show

1. (4d6b3)[10]
    2. (4d6b3)[13]
    3. (4d6b3)[12]
    4. (4d6b3)[13]
    5. (4d6b3)[17]
    6. (4d6b3)[11]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll play. I remember wc3 being the big thing in school (it crashed the school server so many times). No idea what I'll play yet but race wise I'm thinking either troll(trolls are the best race fight me) or forsaken if only for the angst.
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I updated the Big 16 to include the use of the Elite Array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) if you do not like what you rolled for your ability scores.
    Games I am Running

5. - Top - End - #5

Dice rolls
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[11]

damn those are good stats
    Last edited by razorfloss; 2023-12-16 at 01:13 AM.

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm intrigued!

Spoiler: dice
    Show

(4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[6]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm not yet totally done with Ertai but wanted to have him at least posted. Definitely want to go into druid later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yay, lots of interest :)
    Games I am Running

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

How are we doing on characters everyone?
    Games I am Running

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I have a concept! A Forsaken planning to prestige into Shadow Ascendant.

Edit: That PrC is in the Horde Player's guide, which you say is okay as a book, but elsewhere imply I should only use the core book.
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2023-12-21 at 09:31 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Spoiler: Plizzytheon
    Show

Spoiler: ability
    Show
    Str 20
    Dex 13
    Sta --
    Int 13
    Wis 10
    Cha 11

Level 1 Forsaken

Fort 0
    Ref 1
    Will 2

HP 12
    Natural Armor 1

Ac 14 (touch 11, FF 13)

Skills
    Knowledge Religion +2 (3)
    Intimidate +4 (4)
    Stealth +4 (5)

Attacks-
    Slam +5
    Damage 1d6+5

Longspear +5(reach)
    Damage 1d8+8

Feat: cannibalize

Spoiler: Equipment:
    Show

Leather Armor 10gp

Longspear 5 gp

Backpack 2 GP

3gp

Courtier's outfit 30gp

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

I was a very boring high elf commoner who died in the scourge attack on Quel'Thalas. My corpse was pressed into service against the world by the Lich King, just he was pressed into service by the Legion against reality itself.

Then the Banshee Queen saved me. I was the least of the servants of the Scourge, but, in gaining the awareness to rebel, I was worthy of serving her. When she broke away, I naturally came with her to Kalimdor.

I tried to set up work as a clerk in Thunder Bluff, but it didn't work out, in part because of bigotry, but mostly because a Goblin competing for the position out manuevered me. In truth, she is almost certainly better qualified, but she was mean about it.

Without a job, I picked up work as a mercenary, having few other options even in thr boom economy besides grunt work or fighting.

Friendly NPCs- Rojaz Mudhorn- a Tauren herbalist who seeks to learn more about the Foresaken.

Unfriendly NPC- Brigit Sparkbottim- A Goblin shopkeeper who kept me from getting hired as a shopkeeper so I have no job and need mercenary work.

Enemy NPC- Tonni Redblood-
    A Tauren arcanist who despises the Foresaken and is loudly adamant we should not be trusted.
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2023-12-21 at 10:46 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    I have a concept! A Forsaken planning to prestige into Shadow Ascendant.

Edit: That PrC is in the Horde Player's guide, which you say is okay as a book, but elsewhere imply I should only use the core book.
    That's my bad. I wrote this up in the middle of the night. The Horde's Player Guide is totally fine :)
    Games I am Running

13. - Top - End - #13

Is Magic and mayhem allowed? I was going to play a troll witch doctor but for some reason it's not in the core rulebook despite witch doctor being an iconic class for trolls

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Well! I never got to really use my copies of the WoWRPG books, so why not? Got a couple of rough concepts, but let's see if the dice will support it, or point me somewhere else!

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]

EDIT: Well that is... incredibly middling. Let's see if I can make it work.
    Last edited by Edge; 2023-12-22 at 10:06 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorfloss View Post
    Is Magic and mayhem allowed? I was going to play a troll witch doctor but for some reason it's not in the core rulebook despite witch doctor being an iconic class for trolls
    Magic & Mayhem is from the Warcraft RPG, not the World of Warcraft RPG :)

There are Witch Doctors in the Horde Player's Guide.
    Games I am Running

16. - Top - End - #16

Ahh ok I see what I did. I was misreading the class chart. Btw is it cool if I'm a member of the raventask tribe? They're forest trolls who are allied to the horde for protection from other trolls because they're one of the smaller tribes.

Edit: Heres Tol'sa Troll witch doctor a WIP. I still have to pick spells and skills but that shouldn't take long.
    Last edited by razorfloss; 2023-12-24 at 09:12 PM.

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by razorfloss View Post
    Ahh ok I see what I did. I was misreading the class chart. Btw is it cool if I'm a member of the raventask tribe? They're forest trolls who are allied to the horde for protection from other trolls because they're one of the smaller tribes.

Edit: Heres Tol'sa Troll witch doctor a WIP. I still have to pick spells and skills but that shouldn't take long.
    Totally, sounds fun!

The picture you chose is rad.
    Games I am Running

18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground

Are you still recruiting? Also, I have two old character concepts from a long time ago:
    A Goblin "Mech" Pilot and a Centaur Shaman.

What do you think?
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

To be sure, I got locked put of Myth-weavers.com, but my spoiled section should have a full character
    GNU Terry Pratchett

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

We are still open for business :)
    Games I am Running

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDragonPage View Post
    We are still open for business :)
    That's good to hear. Are you ok with me playing a Goblin Tinkerer?
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[9]

Let’s see how lucky we are

Alright so Elite array is the smart play
    Last edited by OnceUponAnAxe; 2024-01-15 at 12:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Did this ever get started, or still waiting for more interest?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm still here, but haven't heard anything from the GM in a while.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Gotcha, well hopefully they return and if they're needing more players, I'd be down to roll one up!