New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
Results 751 to 771 of 771
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Pthax does not roar, or curse. He looks utterly betrayed, as a man does when he has absolute confidence in his own might and gets suddenly, utterly, beclowned by someone he did not respect.

    He flies off the deck of the tender; Hydrargyum extends her hand to cast Feather Fall, and he falls slowly towards the fang dragon ship and the sea below, fuming.

    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-06-02 at 08:15 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Servius Calventius Pamphilius
    Yuan-ti Evoker
    AC: 17, 18 if within 5 miles of White Cliff HP: 6/56
    PPer: 11 PInv: 19 PIst: 11
    Conditions: Exhaustion 1 (disadv ability checks)
    Concentrating: --
    Servius woozily sticks a hand out, firing a blast of disruptive energy to stop whatever the enemy sorcerer is casting (Counterspell). He follows it up with a stream of magical bolts that hit her, knocking her down and possibly off her wyvern mount.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Magic Missile, 1st level, (1d4+1)[5] x 3 and expend a charge from fulminating treatise to knock her prone and dealing (2d6)[11] extra force damage.
    Is she mounted on the wyvern's saddle, or just kind of standing on it? Maybe she'll fall... depends on how big it is.
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

  3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    With Featherfall counterspelled, Pthax drops three hundred feet directly to the deck of the fang dragon ship below. The magic missiles blast Hydrargyrum from her mount and she follows him down. Covered with horns, spikes and weapons, it is perhaps the worst ship in the fleet to land on.

    By virtue of his rage and resistance, Pthax survives; Hydrygyrum is less fortunate. Also less fortunate is the ship itself; from three hundred feet up, a falling barbarian is like a catapult volley. The hull is not destroyed, but severely damaged by the short rain of bodies.

    Without magical support, Pthax cannot make it back to the tender even if he wished. With your superior speed, there is nothing to stop you from escaping back to the Malatran fleet. But the distance between the two fleets is shrinking steadily... and Sunhome and Trionyx and the gates down to Tiamat lie even further west, another several hours away from the battle.

    You must consider the options the marilith gave you. And the hoard golem taking up the main cabin; you need to consider that, too.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-06-03 at 09:48 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Coughing slightlyYour former captain is... pleasant... for a rage drake. he grins in a joking manner before lighting up some elfweed (second wind before short rest) when i was banished it seems you all handled things well enough. I also discovered that trionyx is on his way to retrieve the sword i think. I appearered in the celestial court i suspect. Seems we have a guest. he looks over to the golden golem triceratool you can speak to him right? Feel him out and see what he wants like to be free or to help or some other thing.

    it seems our mission was a failure... we were woefully unprepared and perhaps overconfident. It seems we will have to give chase or stand and fight with the fleet.

  5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Ttharg Krixkrux

    Ttharg does his best to squeeze back into the crowded interior of the tender as they make their escape from the battle. He is wary of the hoard golem, but it seems like it will be brought under control and so Ttharg allows himself to slowly relax. He's quiet for a moment before responding to Nibum: "There be many things from me past that I be not proud of. It was too much to hope that the storm that brought me to the White Cliff would see off Captain Pthax as well. In many ways he be just the same as he always was: a murderous blaggard; but now he be under the spell o' Trionyx. Bahamut willin' we'll put him a stop to him. I can only hope I have proven worthy o' the second chance Bahamut gave me."

    Ttharg rests on the tender as it moves away from the battle. He offers to bandage up any of the others if they need it.

    Ttharg's encounter with Pthax give him a lot to contemplate on. It was almost destiny that they were due to meet again. Perhaps they would both continue to fight against each other for the rest of their days: two storms clashing together when the conditions were right. Whatever the case would be, Ttharg could feel the eyes of Bahamut upon him. The connection to his deity felt personal now, as if Ttharg could petition Bahamut directly for aid. Perhaps Ttharg would have to do so soon enough.

    "We need to go after Trionyx, if we don't stop him then the world ends."

  6. - Top - End - #756
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Triceratool communicates with the Hoard Golem, and relays the conversation to you. The Golem remains confused about... almost everything since it was taken from Cagway, its fundamental spells having been tampered with by Trionyx, corrupting the concept of possession of a hoard and insinuating the concept that all hoards belong ultimately to the Mother of Dragons and that defending the hoard meant defending her servants.

    However, with Servius and Nibum's magical insight into constructs and the spell affecting it, you are able to clear its programming of this influence. The confusion clear, the Golem sinks for a time into deep grief for his creator, an ancient copper dragon of Cagway. After taking some little while to process this loss, the Golem offers you a choice. It is glad to contribute to the fight against Trionyx, but sees little point in its own existence now.

    If you shut it down completely, you are welcome to the treasure that makes up its body, including a few magic items it managed to withhold from Pthax. On the other hand, if you would prefer it to fight for you, it will do so. In that case, someone will need to contribute some item of value to its hoard in order to command it in the coming fight.




    As you get within communication range of the White Cliff, you are able to share and receive some valuable information. The Captain thanks you for your intel, and for exhausting so many of the enemy fleet's resources.

    Fork wishes you luck. He shares with you a vision from Tempus, the white dragon god.

    He spoke to me... He told me that if you are victorious, you will see him before the end; that he can offer a home in the heart of the sun for our egg; and that the sword Trionyx stole, in the hands of the Sun King, can destroy the Litany of Kin.

    He said Trionyx will not use the sword until the Sun is in the right position. You must reach Tiamat's prison before the Sun passes over the Pit and prepares to emerge from Sunhome. That will be just before the next sunrise, 16 hours from now. That's when Trionyx will be able to pass through the Celestial Court and emerge in the Pit.

    What he didn't say is how long the roads under Sunhome to the Pit will take... I asked Siduri and she's been conferring with the Malatrans, but it sounds like no one knows for sure. You might have a long night's march ahead of you. The Church of Apophis has sent a message ahead that the three of you are cleared to approach the Copper Gate, so that won't be an issue. But there's no telling what to expect beyond it.

    I wish I was going with you, lads. But with Pthax still running free out here, maybe it was always our destiny to split up. I'll get him for you, Ttharg, if you swear to spit in Trionyx's eye for me. Gods protect you all.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-06-05 at 09:27 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Servius
    Servius presses his lips together. If he was human, they'd be pale and bloodless; scales conceal the flow of blood much better. "Nibum, you have shown a better choice in allies than your captain, and thus shown yourself to be a better person. Ttharg, I believe you just saved my life.

    So it comes down to a chase, a passage to a place of legend. Although I wish we had been able to catch Trionyx and his dragon, we shall see such sights! We must intercept him and we shall, for we have no choice. Does it not make your blood quicken?"

    Servius stops, and ponders. It seems he has caught the disease known as "battle fever" or "a desire to adventure." There will be time for libraries, but only later.

    After they have studied the Hoard Golem, Servius approaches it cautiously, withdrawing a wand he no longer uses. He extends it to the golem, while keeping a small strand of magic tied to it. "I have scales, a tail, and the ability to blast my foes with the elements themselves. With the right magic, I can even fly for a little while. I am no dragon, but am I close enough for you to work with?"

    "What is your name, or designation?"
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

  8. - Top - End - #758
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Servius
    Servius presses his lips together. If he was human, they'd be pale and bloodless; scales conceal the flow of blood much better. "Nibum, you have shown a better choice in allies than your captain, and thus shown yourself to be a better person. Ttharg, I believe you just saved my life.

    So it comes down to a chase, a passage to a place of legend. Although I wish we had been able to catch Trionyx and his dragon, we shall see such sights! We must intercept him and we shall, for we have no choice. Does it not make your blood quicken?"

    Servius stops, and ponders. It seems he has caught the disease known as "battle fever" or "a desire to adventure." There will be time for libraries, but only later.

    After they have studied the Hoard Golem, Servius approaches it cautiously, withdrawing a wand he no longer uses. He extends it to the golem, while keeping a small strand of magic tied to it. "I have scales, a tail, and the ability to blast my foes with the elements themselves. With the right magic, I can even fly for a little while. I am no dragon, but am I close enough for you to work with?"

    "What is your name, or designation?"
    The hoard swirls, bows, then coalesces, flowing into the multi-dimensional sea chest taken from the orc infiltrator, finally at rest now that it has a master again. At the top of the heap is a huge ruby shaped like a heart.


    It speaks, cautiously, in the universal language it has been absorbing from Triceratool.

    In my long existence, I have rarely met other beings than myself, the hoard, and my master, the master. I know living creatures have names, and that there are other hoards, but it has never been a concern of mine. At the heart of all my spellcraft lies the gemstone called the Star of Fury. I suppose you can call me... Gem.




    Hours pass as you journey towards Sunhome. You know the two fleets must already be clashing, but there is no word and nothing you can do. The volcanic island rises before you, lush and green and steaming in the icy sea, portal to the Fire Plane. The sun is already far over the world beyond, but light in the sky still lingers here; you have left the Hic Sunt and crossed into the daylight world of humans, elves and dwarves.

    As you follow the coast towards the location of the Copper Gate, you come across another small fleet, this one in some disarray and ruin. These are great sailing ships of a design not familiar to you; instead of the flat-bottoms you are used to, these ships have deep keels. They are human ships, and the greatest of them is also the most stricken, its sails burnt away, hull stove in, rapidly being evacuated by the other ships. The crew and passengers seem a mix of wealthily-dressed nobles and stern armed men. Bodies also float in the sea... and the greatest of them all is the corpse of a copper dragon, the undead mount of Trionyx. There is no sign, however, of the tortle himself.

    Oddly, among these ships of human make you also spot the squat, familiar shape of a goblin steamboat, helping with the evacuation of the sinking ship. You think--no, you are sure--it's the same one you encountered at the beginning of the journey. You recall suddenly that the goblins told you they were journeying to human lands for a coronation.

    If you engage the invisibility, you can pass by these other sailors without getting involved; otherwise you will probably need to make some account of yourselves, especially in an illithid craft. With your ship's superior senses the decision is up to you.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-06-08 at 08:50 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    It looks like we are nearing the end of this voyage. Dont think any of us expected to be saving the world.] he says facing the controls guiding the tentacles to make repairs with the help of assistants. He pauses a moment trying to consider the words Im old. Possibly older then i should ever have been. This time here on this ship seems to have effected me for the better. Wanted to say thank you for that. If it comes to it... and you have to make a choice... dont choose to save my life. Finish this. My life for the lives of all no longer just because i wished to die. If you can revive me after do so but i suspect i wont return. triceratool and the others make a fuss. Minicliff in nibuns mind. The toolians coming out buzzing angerly. Triveratool verbally with pteradactool parroting him. The tender seems to protest in its own way.Hush you all. Ive made up my mind. I care for you all like i would my own children. Id like you all to keep the ship up if you want but you will be free to do as you wish ultimately. Dont worry i dont just plan to die tho. This old kobold has never just gave up. Servius... id like to ask you some favors if thats ok. I know we havent known each other much more then this voyage but ive grown to like you. You write right? Even if i survive this id like you to write about this and about the negniter family... my life if there is room in there. Id also like to ask if youd make sure siduri ...should i die... make good on her promise to me about the negniter estate an artificer college.

    To thragI know i go against orcus wishes this entire time but do you think there is a way to justify it to the god or to my faith? Im not the most devout as you can tell but its hard to break habit i suppose. I guess ill try to appease him with a sacrifice of trionyx but if i fall can you do so by dipping them in acid?

    Upon discovering the wreckage and spotting the steam ship nibum says Im stopping he gets outside of striking distance with onboard weapons and gets on the speakers This is not a mindflayer vessel. This is a stolen vessel claimed by the white cliff. We were aboard your vessel many months ago. Please do not fire on us we are coming aboard. nibum leaves the controls to triceratool and steps out onto the deck for the steamship to view.
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2024-06-08 at 09:23 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #760
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Ttharg Krixkrux

    Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    "Ttharg, you have shown a better choice in allies than your captain, and thus shown yourself to be a better person. I believe you just saved my life.
    "I can only hope me actions since me youth have been better spent. Me life doesn't have to prosper at the suffering o' others. We each save each other whenever we get into these engagements; ye've saved me plenty in return."

    Quote Originally Posted by zylodrizzt View Post
    To thragI know i go against orcus wishes this entire time but do you think there is a way to justify it to the god or to my faith? Im not the most devout as you can tell but its hard to break habit i suppose. I guess ill try to appease him with a sacrifice of trionyx but if i fall can you do so by dipping them in acid?
    "I can't square away ye faith for ye. That's something ye will have to come to yeself. But remember ye can always change, an' ye be not a slave to the divine - ye be ye own man. Acid might be hard for me to come by, lad; but I'll see what I can do."




    As the group approach the wrecked flotilla, Ttharg is hesitant: "We should make all speed to head Trionyx off, an' we have little that could aid the smoothskins that we don't need for ourselves. But if ye feel it's wise...."

  11. - Top - End - #761
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    A delegation of humans are on the steamship, meeting with the moustachioed hobgoblin who leads their expedition.

    Spoiler: If you examine the delegation...
    Show
    They are mostly richly dressed in what is probably religious garb, carrying staves and holy symbols, and wearing masks for some reason. The color scheme tends to the solar, yellows and oranges, but there is some white and silver and stark red peppered in.

    There is also a small human child among them, who looks very overwhelmed. They treat him with deference but do not speak to him, and the conversations of politics and war swarm around him like a beehive.


    Tomyris, the troglodyte Bounder from the goblin city, is with this group. At Nibum's call she sniffs the air and grins toothily. While the humans mostly look askance at you and your strange craft and continue their business, she says a quick word to the hobgoblin and hustles over to the tender to exchange gossip.

    "You know, as soon as I heard that creepy tortle was involved in this mess, I wondered if I'd smell the likes of you again. Still chasing him after all this time?"

    You are able to exchange some valuable intelligence. The steamship was docked at Sunhome, waiting to trade with the approaching human delegation, and puffed back out into the open water after the battle was ended. The dragon came straight at the flagship and while it was occupied with the dragon, the tortle somehow got onboard and took the Sun Sword from Prince Royal on his way to be 'crowned'.

    "Which wasn't hard because he's about eight and pees himself when he gets scared," she adds. "The Church likes their Princes young, nervous and in need of advice."

    The Prince Royal was unharmed, although his regent was slain in taking the sword. "And then he disappeared. Left his mount to get torn apart by their ballistas and sea-sorcerers." Ugly enough to turn a freedom-loving metallic dragon into an undead slave; uglier still to abandon it on the battlefield.

    Spoiler: If you look closely at the floating corpse...
    Show
    Sadly, you recognize the lantern jaw and heavy brow of Shanidar, the lord of Baratano. You can't help but wonder if his sister knows, and if she is alright.


    "The humans are searching for him with all their firepower... if he's stays on this plane I reckon they'll find him, but of course a powerful cleric has tricks to get other places," she says. She glances at the island. "Maybe you've got business ahead on the island and we shouldn't keep you too long, eh? If they don't get their sword back, things might get ugly here."

    Spoiler: History 15+
    Show
    If they don't get their sword back, the humans will almost certainly declare war. Getting back the Sword of the Sun is maybe the one thing that could re-unite the Principalities of Solus under one banner. They may not understand on who, exactly they are declaring war on-- they mostly deal with lizardfolk raiders, not any real country of the Hic Sunt -- but it will surely get bloody. And of course, Malatra's navy is even now suffering losses....


    "That said, if you're in need of help, we would hate to let our friends down," she adds, thoughtfully. "You do smell like you've been through the ringer."

    Spoiler: If you are candid about what you've been through today with Tomyris...
    Show
    The troglodyte grabs the goblin saleswoman Min, who provides a couple of potions of Greater Restoration for your exhausted cohorts, and asks, "On a scale of one to ten, how big are the stakes of all this business?"
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-06-09 at 06:52 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Servius
    "They'll want the sword back and Trionyx dead... and so do we. Perhaps they'd like to send a few warriors with us to help?"
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

  13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    She grins wryly. "Wouldn't it be a lovely world if we could all trust each other like that? As far as they're concerned, reptilians stole their sword. They aren't going to trust reptilians to help get it back. I believe you, mostly because I met Trionyx independently and then you warned me about him six months ago and then, whoops, here we are."

    "But they don't trust you, and frankly I'm just another lizard to them. They trust my boss a little more--he got them not to fire on your craft--but not really. Half of them think he's going to give them the plague and the other half keep telling him how good his Common is."

    "Although the Prince Royal has been insisting on meeting you... But he's not the king yet, and he's also four or whatever."


    (He's probably about eight.)
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-06-10 at 09:20 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #764
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Ttharg Krixkrux

    Ttharg prays silently for Shanidar. He was a dragon Ttharg knew personally, as well as his sister, and to be forcibly taken against their will and discarded just as easily is insulting at best, sacrilegious at worst. He hopes Zab is alive, but given how easily Shanidar was taken it makes Ttharg reluctantly believe she is likely dead. If nothing else, she will be distraught and fearful at the loss of Shanidar: his might helped keep Baratano in check and now there is very little to stop factions vying for power in the vacuum; if anything of Baratano still remains standing.

    Ttharg thanks Min for the Greater Restoration potion and quaffs it; feeling immediately better.

    "There'll be war if they don't get their sword back. But that will be a moot point if Trionyx be successful. Tiamat will return an' devour the world. So, perhaps a solid 9 on the serious scale. Not a 10, o' course: we still have the rum."

    "Aye, I wish Tohil were here. Meetin' with royalty be somethin' we ain't accustomed or good at; let alone a smoothskin child. But there be nothin' we can do about it now."

  15. - Top - End - #765
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Min nods at Ttharg's words and steps away, a thoughtful expression on her green face. "Be right back."

    "If you're willing, I'll get him," says Tomyris. "I do think it's worth hearing him out."




    There is clearly some debate about allowing the little boy to speak to you, but it appears that he shows some sign of royal backbone, because he does get his way. His expression is weirdly serious for his soft face and youth, flushed and streaked with tears as it is. Despite the emergency and the sinking ship, someone has taken the time to dress him in pomp and gold brocade, but he's been wiping his nose on the red velvet sleeve. He is accompanied by two wizened old men. One of them is dressed as a superior servant, and the Prince Royal is trying not to cling to him too obviously; the other is a stern priest who seems very disapproving behind his mask. There are also several soldiers.

    The boy seems strangely unafraid of you; in fact, he looks up to the old men and says something, excited and urgent. A half-second behind, a translation spell:

    "It is them! I told you! I told you!"

    The priest looks pained.

    "Yes, your majesty. But perhaps not a third level spell slot. I do speak the reptilian tongue." He looks at you and says in absolutely butchered Draconic, mixing high language with the slang of the lizardfolk raiders:

    "Look you, this him big fella belong Sun, potentate our hoard. Small boy, baby, tiny tiny boy. Does not know anything, does not even know elementary runes. He covetous to give you look his creation."

    The little boy is clenching a scroll in his fist. "I dreamed of, of the bad one who took my sword. He had the hurt shell. You killed him. But when he died, it was like he was an egg... like something hatched from his shell." Tears are beginning to roll again, and the servant squeezes his shoulder.

    "Your majesty, as I have told you repeatedly, those particular prophecies are meant for older eyes. And perhaps not before bed."

    The servant looks at you all, and then makes the decision to speak out of turn. "Begging your pardon, Your Holiness, but he is the Heir of the Sun King. All of the prophecies are his to read, and indeed his to add to. And it does seem that he was correct."

    "You presume too much, Ezrim!"

    But the servant takes the scroll from the boy, smooths it, and hands it to you.

    On one side of the scroll is an illuminated manuscript in the human language, but the boy has painted an image on the other side. The artwork is surprisingly good. It shows a creature with the shell of a dragonturtle, the powerful limbs of a dragon, and five heads; like Tiamat, but not. The colors are wrong, for one thing.


    "'The prophet will fall; there is no hope for him. But from his heart will hatch the Beast, the Spawn of Tiamat. Beware it; the jaws that bite, the claws that catch.'"

    Servius, you see he is quoting the first lines of the illuminated manuscript on the scroll, which you can read thanks to your comprehension of all written languages. The prophecies continues, describing the Beast; this may well be very useful information.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This is an OOC choice -- you may gather from the prophecy either the Beast's Immunities, Resistances and Vulnerabilities, or his Legendary abilities.


    It is clear that the priest is fed up, and that this interview is over; also that the servant--Ezrim--may be looking for another job when they return to human lands. But he looks stiffly dignified at having done his duty, and the boy gives you a shy wave goodbye.

  16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground
     
    J-H's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Servius
    Servius summons up what diplomatic skills he can as they depart - this is a king. A scared, young king, but one who could launch a war if offended. He also keeps his vocabulary on the simpler side.

    "Thank you for this. We have been hunting the bad one for many months. He committed crimes against our people and seeks to release the 5-headed god herself from the sacred coils of Apophis. We now know what we will face when we kill him. If we succeed, we will return the sword to you or your people."

    Spoiler: Persuasion
    Show

    (1d20+2)[5]
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

  17. - Top - End - #767
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    As you are returning to the tender, Min hurries back with a bottle. "It's not rum," she says breathlessly. "Mead, actually, from axiomatic honey. Potion of Second Thoughts. Dekenna'll be furious, but I was gonna jump ship in Kingseat anyway."

    Spoiler: Potion of Second Thoughts
    Show
    A distillation of axiomatic honey, the Potion of Second Thoughts allows the drinker to minorly alter the flow of time to have made different choices -- as long as those choices have not yet impacted the timeline. Mechanically, this will allow the user to change the spells they selected for the day or other selections made at the end of a long rest, without taking a long rest.


    Finally, Tomyris uses her warlock spell slots to fully charge the Synthesis for Nibum.

  18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Thank you he says to tomyris after they fill synthesis charges.

    Nibum is reminded of when he took care of negniter when he was a hatchling when looking at the young lord. He tinkers with some junk he keeps on hand making a sort of projector with a small screen. He uses triceratool to be kinda a table as his assistants and toolians help him put it together. He scans the image the young lord drew and scanned some simple drawings of the tender as well as thrag servius himself and triceratool. He then animated a small scene where they were victorious over the drawing the young man had drawn and gives them the young man. It makes noises that kinda mimic fighting but small and some might consider cute like a puppet show. (Using the special artificer cantrip like ability)

    He tells the young lord before he goes hoping it can be translatedThis wont last more then a day. I hope it comforts or entertains you for a while. I once used such a thing to entertain and teach my lord when he was smaller then me. He grew quickly and powerful as you will.

  19. - Top - End - #769
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    The Prince Royal is delighted. (The high priest looks exceedingly sour, but it would take a bigger army than he has to separate the boy from it.) He waves after the tender, shouting, "I will pray for you!" It is perhaps all he can do for you.




    The tender skims away over the sea towards Sunhome. As you make landfall and head up onto the tropical beach, Ttharg, you receive a terse Sending from Fork.

    Spoiler: Ttharg
    Show
    Victory!
    flagship sunk, white cliff plus one disabled.
    fiftyish casualties;white cliff lost 4, no officers
    five enemy ships surrendered, five sunk
    Pthax dead
    Good luck!





    It is exceedingly hot on Sunhome Island, hot enough to forget that you are in the waters of the north, hotter even than the volcanic territory of the red dragon clans in Lssthp. The directions from the Malatrans send you up the steep side of the volcano, through dense jungle, until it suddenly gives way to a wide cleared area that holds a military encampment.

    The soldiers here serve Apophis for life, to keep the secret of the location of the gates; it is a sacred but not especially desirable duty. The most variety they get is a rotation between gates. Many of them were born here, to previous generations of guards, or have been here for decades. It's perhaps unsurprising that they turn out en masse to see the novelty of your ship, although few of them know that you are being allowed down into the tunnels they have dedicated their lives to guarding.

    At the front of the gawking crowd of Yuan-Ti is the one person who does know, the Captain of the Guard you are here to liase with; Captain Boidae, a short but powerfully built Yuan Ti. He slithers forward to meet you as you disembark.

    "Greetings. I'll be your escort as far as the tunnel entrance. I've sworn a binding oath to Sseth to never enter the tunnels myself, but I understand the seriousness of your mission and will do my best for you while you are above ground. Is there anything we can do for you or provide before we head out?"
    Last edited by TriciaOso; Yesterday at 08:01 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #770
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    Ttharg Krixkrux

    Ttharg nodded as he heard the message in his head. Those were surprisingly good numbers. He formulated a response to Fork in his own head.

    Spoiler: Sending Response
    Show

    Pthax survived worse.
    Will surely see again.
    Congratulations to all!
    Safely at Sunhome now.
    Humans want their sword returned or war.
    Failure not an option.


    "Just received a message from Fork. The battle went well - Malatrans lost their flagship, an' a couple o' ours got disabled, including the White Cliff, but half the enemy fleet got sunk an' the others be disabled. A handful o' the crew of the White Cliff were lost, but all the officers be ok."

    Before stepping off the tender, Ttharg swaddles the Solar Dragon Egg as best as he can and puts it in his pack. "Ye be gettin' a front row seat to the battle o' a lifetime, young'un; an' ye won't even remember it."

    Ttharg was glad they'd be heading underground soon - his plate armour wasn't doing much good to keep him cool; but at least the Platinum Scarf made a fine bandana.

    "Do ye have any diamonds, crushed or otherwise, ye can spare? Any potions o' healing, o' other such potions?" Ttharg asks directly. Whether or not the Yuan-Ti can provide any such items, Ttharg then asks: "What about a stiff drink? Could be the last time any o' us get the chance an' it be a bad omen not to have a drink with ye mates before the end."
    Last edited by The Commander; Today at 09:26 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #771
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

    The guards are able to outfit you with climbing gear, some rations, seven potions, three scrolls of Spiderclimb, and about 500 gp worth of loose diamonds. Captain Boidae also hands over a flask of stiff liquor distilled from the bananas native to the island. The rations also have a strong banana component, along with jerky of some nameless jungle beast. The potions are 4 standard healing potions, 2 greater and one superior.

    Boidae leads you up the slope to a cavern entrance. The plant growth is twisted and unusually thick, giving up a heavy mist that obscures sightlines, and there are reeking mudpits and fouled pools he has to lead you around. By the time you reach the entrance, it is full dark, and you know you have only eight hours until the sun crosses the Pit and Trionyx has his chance.

    "Once these gates were guarded by greatwyrms, and their lairs still lie between the entrances and the doors themselves. They are long abandoned, but the defenses of dragons have a way of lingering. This was a lair of a black dragon, of course, with all that entails -- swamps, acid, the undead. What lies beyond the doors, no one living knows -- they may lead straight to the Pit, or further tunnels and dangers may lie beyond."

    "May Apophis keep you, and,"
    he raises his hand in a salute, his hand closed tight in a fist. "Hold fast."

    The cave entrance lies before you; it is a natural crevice in the black volcanic rock, but someone has patiently etched figures into the obsidian stone. The doorway is flanked by figures of Bahamut and Sardior; Tiamat's five heads rise above the opening, and Apophis encircles the whole.


    Darkness lies beyond the door, but you can hear (and smell) the pop and hiss of jets of rank steam from within.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •