New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Privateers of Lssthp II [IC]

Spoiler: Nibum
    Show
    When you tell the Captain what you have in mind, she hands over a parting gift from Shanidar, the copper dragon of Baratano; a stretch of shed hide, gleaming with coppery light that mirrors your own. There's not enough to reinforce all the sails, but you can stretch for now, and maybe you can get your hands on more down the line. Acid-resistant sails sounds good to you.

Spoiler: Superior Ship Upgrades
    Show
    Dragon Sails
    Dragon scales woven into these sails make them more resistant to damage. The sails gain a +3 bonus to AC, and they have resistance to a damage type based on the type of scales used to craft them, as shown on the Dragon Sails table.

Working with the copper scales make you think of the young dragon and the kobold he acknowledges openly as his sister. It isn't right. Isn't proper. Kobolds of the first generation--kobolds like you, not to put too fine a point on it--are born of dragons, yes. But they're born to serve, to protect, to preserve the next generation of dragons. It's unsettling to even think of it as... well...

Your loyalty has made you a galaxy, Cauda said.

You dream a star comes down; not one of the silly metallic dancing stars, but one of the proper ones that should be at rest. The skull-like face, white bones emerging from black scales.

Not Orcus, after all. Negniter. Your brother. Who delved too deep into mysteries and paid the price, him and all of his house. And you too, of course. You too.

You are loyal to a fault, Nibum. Loyal to the death. Lawful to your bones. But in the end you must decide... loyal to who? Who will you serve? It is a choice we all must make.

Orcus, Father of our Line, is loyal to Tiamat, his mother. In life I was loyal to him. And while I lived, you were loyal to me. But this ship has pledged life and honor to defeat her prophet, Trionyx. Are you loyal to our memory, Nibum? Or to this ship, and its crew, and its mission?

There is no wrong answer; no right answer. But you must choose, my brother. You choose now for all of us.

You've always had a metallic hide, not the ebony of your household. You still do. But for the first time, in the mirror, you see the bones of your face begin to stretch against the tarnished copper of your face. It looks... familiar.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-20 at 07:10 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182

DruidGirl

Spoiler: Fork
    Show
    Although she is serpentfolk, Cauda belongs to House Niobara just like you, and she's knowledgeable about the White God. And she loves the stars. She just... wanders.

There's a story the humans tell about Tempus. They call him a General, and they say the three stars on his belt are tokens of the human women who loved him. Some people say there was a fourth, and she had a metal man, or an army of metal men... So she was a kind of general, too, I suppose.

But to us he is always the Hunter. People think war and hunting are the same thing, but I don't know.

There's another legend the giants tell, that three of their sons followed a white stag into the east and became... changed. One chose life, one chose death, and one chose the sword. And elves and goblins and human beings came out of those lines. Do you believe that? How did they get so small? But I turned into a dolphin, after all. And there it is, three of them again..

They say in human lands the stars never change, and you can see those three stars all the time. I think that must be very sad for them.

She sips her tea. We know you were chosen, you know. We can all tell. You and Nibum and Ttharg and that new boy, the printer's son. You're changing. You're getting bigger all the time. And sometimes I wonder why it was you. I'm glad it wasn't me. Do you think the Captain minds? I don't think so.

Later on it seems to you that the most important thing she said was that a sword isn't life and it isn't death, either. It's a third thing.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-20 at 07:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183

DruidGirl

This interlude last for five weeks. As they wear on, you draw close to furthest reaches of the Outer Edge. The stars are almost all gone, replaced by strange shapes and colors that move across the sky and beneath the waves. The water grows darker and colder and more perfectly transparent, until the horizon disappears, sea and sky merging together. You sail on a thin rime of glass with dim chaos above and below. You are approaching the threshold of the Plane of Chaos and all points beyond.

But the ship still floats, and the beast still swims, and wind still fills the sails, even if it's unpredictable which direction it will come from and what smells it will carry. Cauda steers the ship blind now, dead reckoning, and that's a little bit terrifying for all of you.

And then it comes again, the cry from aloft. "Land -- that is, ship --- uh, Captain, I don't know what I'm looking at."

You all wait as it comes into view. It's a sort of construct, a knot of piers and structures built out on them, sort of like in Baratano. But there is no solid ground to anchor the piers, just thrumming pylons of magic force, hovering just above the waves.

Spoiler: Arcana 10+
    Show
    It looks like an enlarged application of the principle of the Immoveable Rod, normally little more than a toy.

The piers and platforms and buildings on the platforms are matte metal, and studded with blinking arcane lights. A stalk or mast goes straight up from the central building, blinking with lights, but carrying no sails.

Arcanotech of this kind, so close to the border of Chaos and wildspace, can only have one source.

"Squids," growls First Mate Achelous as he lowers the spyglass.

Spoiler: Perception/Investigation 10+
    Show
    You can make out no ships docked at this derrick, nor living things moving on the outside, at least right now.

4. - Top - End - #184

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg regards the structure with a mixture of wonder and concern.

"We could spend all day pounding at these here platforms, but the core o' the structure would stay afloat. I don't see no squid ships about, docked or otherwise. I say we pass by; no reason to be invitin' a siege with just us here."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Servius

"It appears to be magically anchored. The only way to destroy it would be to disenchant whatever keeps it fixed in place. That would be a difficult task, possibly impossible, with the resources we have. If we attack it, we may wipe it clean for a few weeks... but it could be re-occupied at any point. It would be like wiping raindrops off a book while trying to read during a rainstorm - a temporary measure at best."
    Things published on DM's Guild
    Campaign Logs:
    Baldur's Gate 2 (ongoing)
    Castle Dracula (Castlevania)
    Against the Idol of the Sun (high level hexcrawl)

6. - Top - End - #186

DruidGirl

"Yes, but we know the illithid are on the run from Spice Harbor," Cocytus argues. "Removing one of their footholds right now isn't the same as doing it a year ago. And even if there are no ships docked right now, their station might have information about the movement of ships in the Hic Sunt."

"How many orcs can possibly they have it there? This is our chance."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-22 at 02:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Servius
    "It shouldn't take too long, then. Our errand is urgent..." (I had a dream, a dream of Apophis, he thinks) "But surely we can take an hour or two."
    Campaign Logs:

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Shouldnt take long at all. You see that there he points to a turbine taking out that is catastrophic. It doesnt look too busy id imagine we would be attacked already if there were many here. he points to thier flag they know our flag. We would strike a large blow and perhaps find some information. Isn't that this ships mission? Isn't this part of why we came this way?

He thinks about his dream trying to make sense of it. His brother is behind him regardless but why did or why is nibum doing what he's doing? Perhaps he should speak with cocytus or his focus of affection clauda.
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2024-01-20 at 11:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

DruidGirl

"I'd kill some orcs," Tegu agrees. A cluster of lizardman marines are standing a few feet away on deck as the Officers deliberate, and they cheer at this; one of them shouts, "I'm surprised we're not killing orcs right now!" Discipline is suffering, nine weeks in.

"I'm with Ttharg," Kabett says. "We've got other places to be."

Cauda hems and haws, fidgeting with her star chart. She mutters to herself, looking up at the baffling auroras of the Chaos-infused sky.

Spoiler: Passive Perception 6+
    Show
    You can clearly hear her mutter the word, "Maps," but aloud, she says:

"Against. I'm against."

As is her habit, the Captain says nothing while her officers deliberate, but watches with tidy discipline, arms tucked behind her.

Spoiler: Insight 7+
    Show
    Her eyes are particularly heavy on the four of you.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-21 at 10:42 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Fork found himself looking up at the sky during the discussions. He got shaken out of his though process when he heard the lizardmen shouting at officers.

He walked up to them, straight, no hesitation. "Do you feel like shouting at your captain too? Perhaps you would like to decide where to take this ship next?" He did not wait for an answer. "That's a week on disciplinary rations for the five of you. Now get to work before you make it worse for yourselves." He looked the ringleader in the eyes and didn't break eye contact until they had acquiesced to his orders.

(If they did as asked:)
    Fork walked back to the meeting.

"I feel strongly about wasting time during a chase, but if there is a chance on information about ships in these waters, we cannot let that slide. It's worth the risk and I think we should investigate." He said finally, avoiding Cauda's gaze.

11. - Top - End - #191

DruidGirl

Most of the Marines quiet down and find something that needs done on another part of the deck, but the ringleader -- Able Seaman Snapscale -- holds your gaze an uncomfortably long time before he breaks away. Trouble's brewing there.

Spoiler: Insight 10+
    Show
    Tegu watches him go with contempt and a barely-suppressed rage. No one likes to see seamen talking back, but it looks like there may be violence the next time she has a moment alone with Able Seaman Snapscale. Lizardfolk accept a hierarchy whole-heartedly or not at all, and they enforce one with a heavy hand.

Spoiler: Insight 15+
    Show
    The Captain pretends to take no notice of squabbles at this level, but she's watching closely.

"All right," the Captain says. "Mr. Achelous, take a boat and a small squad. If this is going to succeed, it must be a mission of stealth, not a full-scale assault."

"Mr. F'rrkkk, Mr. Krixkrux, Mr. Pamphilius, Mr. Nibum. The four of you will go with him, but I want to speak to the four of you alone, first."

Spoiler: A moment alone in the Captain's Quarters
    Show

"I'm going to speak frankly with you, gentlemen. It's no secret from anyone that in the nine weeks of this voyage the four of you have grown visibly in your abilities. Mr. Pamphilius, you're a young man, just out of school, but the rest of you are grown and we've sailed together before. You know this doesn't always happen."

"We don't like to speak of it... perhaps we're superstitious. But there is something that happens... a tide that lifts certain people at certain time, to rise to meet a moment. It doesn't last forever, and while it lasts you must grab it with both hands."

"When I was a young ensign I was shipwrecked on the southern tip of Meall, in Daesic; in the Feywild. I was the only survivor. I joined a group of individuals who found themselves lost there as well, and together we found our way out... but not before I had seen the marriage of Maebe, the May Queen. In fact, I think I can say that if we hadn't been there, the marriage, and subsequently the New Year, would not have come off."

"I grew more in those months than I had in years at the naval academy, or than I would in subsequent years as an officer. I was capable of more... while it lasted. I see that same fate has landed on you four. It's not an unmixed blessing. But while this lasts, great challenges and great opportunities will come to you. I think this is one of them, and so we take the risk."

"Finally, gentlemen, a piece of... of rare personal advice. The gods take notice of such things. You have been chosen for great things, and it may feel that as if they have chosen you. That you are under some obligation. They have not, and you are not. You have been chosen by something higher even than the Five, and they simply... want to get a hand on the ball. If you feel a connection to one of them, and you trust and desire divine guidance, then it can be a blessing. But they do not own you, or your power."

She fingers the cuff of the vivid green uniforms she chose for her own ship; green, the color of the May Queen. Of romance and of poison. "Remember that."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-22 at 11:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg listened intently to the Captain's story. She was sharing more here than she had done in the past, and that meant it was serious. When she was finished he bowed his head and spoke: "Thank ye for sharin' such a personal story, Captain. I make no secret o' me worship of Bahamut; unusual though it may be. Me connection to him has grown a lot over the past few weeks, this be true. But as ye know, Bahamut is chaos, and I shouldn't presume to be some kind o' chosen one from such a being." He pauses for a moment. "The Heresy that we be followin', it won't sway me. All the Gods were once part of a single great thing o' potential, which broke down into all the Gods we know today. Tiamat wants to return to this single great thing by consumin' the other Gods; but she be mad with delusion and such a thing be folly."

He stopped himself. "Aye, but forgive an old salt his daydreamin'. Ye call for a stealth mission, Captain, so perhaps I should wait behind Mr Fork and the others." His splint mail clinks and clanks as he moves around for emphasis. "I be not built for sneakin' around."

13. - Top - End - #193

DruidGirl

"You, Mr. Achelous and Mr. Nibum," she observes. "But I don't think it's wise to separate you, and I definitely don't want to send the group without a healer."

"Just try to avoid sounding a general alarm and rely on Mr. F'rrkkk and Rumble for scouting."
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-22 at 05:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Servius Calventius Pamphilius
    Yuan-ti Evoker
    AC: 13 / 16 (Mage Armor) HP: 38/38
    PPer: 11 PInv: 18 PIst: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

"Thank you Captain. That helps clarify a recent...dream... I had. Nothing harmful, I think."
    Campaign Logs:

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Fork listened intently to the captains words. He wasn't sure he was part of what she spoke about but he kept his mouth shut. He wasn't about to argue. Surely he was just a lowly kobold caught up in the slipstream of the others.. Even so, he would serve to or die trying. He shuddered. Quickly he tried to shake the idea of his mortality. There was no place for it on missions like this. He would take the orders given and execute them to the best of his abilities.

He heard the captains words and steeled himself.

*** "Just try to avoid sounding a general alarm and rely on Mr. F'rrkkk and Rumble for scouting." ***

"Aye Captain!" He said, immediately feeling better with the familiarity of following orders.

His mind on the mission ahead he made his preparations.

16. - Top - End - #196

DruidGirl

The five of you load into one of the ship's boats and begin to row towards the derrick. It's a weary job but a quiet one, and you move over the dark and glassy waters like a ghost.

As you leave the ship you notice it vanishes behind you in a bank of mist rapidly; you weren't aware of the mist from the inside. It's strange, but seems positive...

Spoiler: Nature / Arcana / Survival 10+ (Nibum or Fork have advantage)
    Show
    It reminds you, in fact, of the mist that surrounds the lair of a black dragon. Any place that becomes the home of a dragon for a long time can develop lair effects, but as far as you know there's no black dragon on the White Cliff.

Spoiler: Insight 10+ (Nibum has advantage)
    Show
    You sense dimly a connection between this and the ancient copper kobold sitting in the bow of the boat with his machine companions. Did he always have that frill of boney horn on his cheek?

As the ship falls away behind you, the current catches you and takes over much of the work. Which is both good and worrying, when you think about the future. The current bears you towards the derrick, and soon it's close enough for Nibum to send his tiny mechanical model of the ship ahead of you to scout.

The station floats just above the water, supported on four great floating pylons. The lowest level is a great cloverleaf of twisting docks. They seem large enough to accomodate three or four illithid ships the size of the White Cliff or larger. The docks are at deck level, and look like they would require scaling, from a low boat like this.

From the center of the docks, a structure rises, perhaps three or four stories tall. You can see arcane defenses positioned on the roof; unmanned, or perhaps controlled from inside. They do not notice you. Above them rise several tall and illuminated communication masts.

On the underside of the docks you can see a complex network of chains and gears, crackling with arcane energy.

Descending from this down into the water you can see a huge, churning mill structure, revolving in the current, and you have to paddle fiercely to stay clear of it.

Spoiler: Arcana 5+
    Show
    The flow of magic seems to connect to the four major pylons at each dock and run up into the structure.

Spoiler: Arcana 10+
    Show
    The revolving mill must connect to something higher up to generate this much arcane force, then it flows back down into this distribution network.

Spoiler: Arcana 15+
    Show
    Just looking at this you can sketch in a loose map of the rest of the structure. There must be a generator on a higher floor where the arcane energy is being created, and that probably requires also another floor just to house the turbine housing and ventilation. The top floor, then, would be where the control rooms are located. At least, that's how you'd design it.

Minicliff sends word from ahead of what it has spotted. At the far end of the docks structure is a ramp that leads down to the sea. The reason this ramp exists is because there is a small tender boat docked there. It must move around the dock to service larger ships. It looks broadly similar to other illithid nautiloid ships, but is not much larger than your own boat, and doesn't seem to have any weapons. Minicliff doesn't report seeing anyone onboard, but they could easily be inside the shell-like cabin.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-23 at 01:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Hearing the information Nibum and his contraptions came forward with, Fork hunched over, closer to the small team, and whispered barely audible.
    "We board the small vessel, and from there enter the compound?" He suggests as much as asks and holds his breath while waiting for a response from the team.

18. - Top - End - #198

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg grunted as he rowed. "The tender be fine, maybe we could even loose it as we leave; let it crash and burn into the mill?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Servius nods. "Or take it," he hisses.
    Campaign Logs:

20. - Top - End - #200

DruidGirl

You continue to row towards the tender.

Spoiler: Servius
    Show
    You realize you can read the name printed on the side of the tender. It's not much of a name -- a series of letters and numbers -- but the strange thing is that you can read the squiggly illithid writing.

You make it within 15 feet of the tender when a single orc emerges from the shell and out onto the deck of the tender, wearing uniform coveralls and carrying a rod with a flanged head. His hand is to one ear and he is speaking in an unfamiliar language. There is a small gelatinous homonculus following behind him, tight at his heel.

Spoiler: Servius
    Show
    The languge is incomprehensible to you, so you're not under the effect of Comprehend Languages...

Spoiler: Nibum
    Show
    Nibum, you dimly recognize the language as similar to Goblin and attempt to extract some kind of sense from it.

Spoiler: Int Check 10+
    Show
    "No, I don't have eyes on it, I'm going to check now--"

He stops stockstill and stares at your boat, which must be pretty inexplicable from his perspective. You have a brief moment to act before he can finish his sentence or otherwise take action; only Fork is swift enough to take advantage of it.

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    INITIATIVE
    16 - Fork
    15 - Orc
    11 - Cocytus
    8 - Nibum
    4 - Ttharg
    2 - Servius
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-24 at 10:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Fork took advantage of the orc trying to figure out what he was seeing by raising his crossbow over the bow and before the realisation had come to the poor fellow, he fired. The mystical focus he had, when hunting, he applied to this creature and Fork was now fully hunting this one particular orc. Even as the first bolt was soaring through the air Fork hit the reloading mechanism so fast that the second bolt was flying before the first even had impacted. The difference was that between firing the first and second bolt Rumble had shifted his weight to enthusiastically imbue the first bolt with ice, like he'd been trained to do so many times, and the second bolt therefore got a completely different trajectory than the first one.

Fork knew the score even before the second bolt obviously went astray, so he sighed but still managed to utter a complementary: "Good boy." Just before the first bolt shattered in icy damage onto the target.

Spoiler: Actions:
    Show

27 to hit on the first attack for: 5 +5 (infused) +2 (hunters mark) = 12 damage
    Natural one on the second attack

22. - Top - End - #202

DruidGirl

The other reason the second bolt misses is that the orc tumbles off the deck of the tender and into the water with the first shot. The tiny plasmoid vanishes, oozing into some crevice of the tender.

Spoiler: Perception 10+
    Show
    At the same time, you can hear muffled orcish voices and the clang of boots on the metal on the derrick above; they pick up speed as the orc on the tender cuts off mid-sentence.

Pressing a finger to his lips, Cocytus seizes the oars and maneuvers the jolly boat to hide behind the ramp. He drags the corpse behind the ramp with you, which is unpleasant for everyone in the boat but hopefully covers your tracks. The orc's (weapon? tool?) stick doesn't seem to be very dangerous, just a brief jolt of non-lethal damage.

Show
    The additional orcs need 3 rounds of movement to get to you; you can take up to 3 actions out of sequence here until they show up.

INITIATIVE
    17 - More Orcs
    16 - Fork
    15 - Plasmoid
    11 - Cocytus
    8 - Nibum
    4 - Ttharg
    2 - Servius
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-24 at 10:19 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

On the rowboat before the orc fell
    Nibum didn't have much time to think about anything this day between his dream and this large rig in front of them. He itches his face feeling more molting coming probably due to old age and pulls away a clump of copper scales. He looks into a particularly shiny part on triceratool to see if he's bleeding and a bit of surprise shows on his face. His dream seemed not to be nearly as much of a dream as he'd thought and so perhaps his brother had really reached out to him.

After the kill. we gotta get on there. Give me a bit of time to check on this craft. It looks... useful. he grabs up the thing that the orc was speaking into and shuts it off. seems like we will have company soon so maybe prepare for battle. Ill check on this craft later. Perhaps we should find a place more defensivle or lay low? Ward he says as he hops on triceratool and twists a nob on it and twists the ring on his finger. He glows gently for a brief moment before it fades. (Cast warding bond)
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2024-01-24 at 08:00 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204

DruidGirl

Spoiler: Passive Perception 15+
    Show
    Back on the tender, something weird is happening. The plasmoid emerges warily from the crevice, and four more ooze out from under the door. They converge and become a slightly larger plasmoid.

The strangest thing is all five of them are wearing tiny toolbelts, which seem to merge into one along with the plasmoids themselves.
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-24 at 08:56 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

Ttharg spotted the plasmoids emerging and merging together on the deck of the tender and whispered to the others. "Hold fast! That there plasmoid be back with his mates, and they be joinin' together on the deck o' the tender! But we need to get our boat secure! Nibum, can ye get one o' ye mechanical mates to tie the boat to the ramp?"

In the meantime, Ttharg drew his Shield and began quietly speaking a prayer to damage the Plasmoid if it took any hostile actions against them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Draw Shield as Free Action.
    Stay on the boat.
    Ready an Action to cast Cantrip Toll the Dead on the Plasmoid if it takes any hostile actions against us.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

"I'm spreading out, going to see if I can't flank them as they come down." Fork whispers as he throws a grappling hook at the smaller platform to their left.

The metal grapples as intended and he tugged the rope twice to see if it held. As he climbed up he looked at Rumble. "Stick with the others." He said as he struggled up the rope.

With barely enough time to spare he made it up the platform as four orcs came running down.
    He looked over at Ttharg and pointed a finger at him while he whispered faintly. "Four. Three workers, one guard." He said as he ducked down in the hope that they wouldn't notice him.

He started sneaking around the backside of the platform. Handcrossbow and shortsword drawn, crossbow slung on his back.

(Round 1&2 climbing up. Round 3 casting message to Ttharg and sneaking around the platform.)

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Servius Calventius Pamphilius
    Yuan-ti Evoker
    AC: 13 / 16 (Mage Armor) HP: 38/38
    PPer: 11 PInv: 18 PIst: 11
    Conditions: --
    Concentrating: --

Servius finds a place out of immediate sight so that when the others trigger the ambush, he can join in. He will ready a spell that sucks heat and energy from its victim, dispersing it into the ether.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth, if needed (1d20+3)[5]
    Readied Frostbite at the better-armed orc soldier.
    Frostbite (2d6)[6] cold damage and disadvantage on next weapon attack it makes before the end of its next turn
    Con DC 15 negate
    Orc Con save (1d20)[2]+??
    Campaign Logs:

28. - Top - End - #208

Zombie

Ttharg Krixkrux

The narrow nature of the ramp made testing Ttharg's new ability to push foes with lightning or thunder damage too irresistible to pass up. The plasmoid didn't appear to be doing anything hostile, so Ttharg holstered his Shield and began to climb the rope after Fork.

After he reached the dock, he attempted to hide himself, thinking of the chaotic nature of Bahamut and doing something completely new and unexpected. By the grace of Bahamut, his armour briefly stopped squeaking and scraping and Ttharg was able to nestle himself into a crevice in the dock, out of sight, and redraw his Shield.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

As usual fetcher and minicliff grab a potion after tying off the boat. Nibum prepares to cast frostbite if they have drawn attention of anyone. Minicliff prepares to run distraction (readied help action on an attack roll for someone) while fetcher prepares to draw some attention away from someone else if they become spotted (readied help action for anyone trying to stealth).

30. - Top - End - #210

DruidGirl

As you make your preparations, the plasmoid oozes its way off the tender and onto the ramp. The vibrations of the boots of the oncoming orcs finally reach it, and in response it exudes a slippery goo all over the last ten feet of the ramp. As the orcs thunder down, they immediately hit the patch of grease and begin to curse loudly; you recognize some of the words, but all of them are very obviously obscene. None of them fall, but it's a near thing.

They round angrily on the little plasmoid, and one of the orcs in coveralls hits it with the little prod they carry. The plasmoid instantly splits back apart into five smaller oozes. The lead orc, carrying a heavy crossbow, swears once more and puts his hand to his ear and says something in a disgusted voice. He looks at the technicians with him and gestures towards the tender, but it's clear the urgency has gone out of his activity. He takes a moment to punt one of the slimes into the sea viciously.

Spoiler: Passive Insight 12+
    Show
    You can't understand the words, but his tone tells you everything you need to know; he is reporting back to his superiors and blaming the plasmoid and the grease patch for the interruption and disappearance of the orc guarding the tender. Has this happened before? They will check the tender to be sure but seem satisfied with this explanation.

And then, from the point of view of the orcs, all hell breaks loose.

Cocytus kicks things off with a blast of acid breath that catches three of the four orcs full in the face. Then Servius and Nibum's readied frost spells both hit the lead orc simultaneously. A frozen corpse tumbles into the water, and the kicked plasmoid squirms up onto it.

Show
    ACTIONS:

Last round of prep:
    Fork casts message.
    Ttharg hides.
    Cocytus readies an action to use acid breath.
    Servius readies an action to cast Frostbite.
    Nibum readies an action to cast Frostbite.
    Plasmoids use the prep rounds to merge together, move onto the ramp, and cast grease.

Current Round:
    Orcs arrive and Orc Supervisor and Orc Technician 2 step in the grease; make their DEX save. Orc Technician 2 tases the plasmoid and it breaks back into five parts. Orc Supervisor kicks one plasmoid into the water and calls in a report.

Readied actions go off; Orc Technician 2 succeeds on his save to avoid the acid breath. All other saves failed. Orc Supervisor takes 19 damage and drops dead. Orc Technicians 3 and 4 take 4 points of damage each. They are bloodied.

INITIATIVE:
    17 - Orcs
    16 - Fork
    15 - Plasmoids
    11 - Cocytus
    8 - Nibum
    4 - Ttharg
    2 - Servius

DAMAGE:
    Orc Supervisor - dead
    Orc Technician 2 - 0
    Orc Technician 3 - 4
    Orc Technician 4 - 4
    Last edited by TriciaOso; 2024-01-25 at 09:05 AM.