New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ghostfoot's Variant Rule Playtest [PF1] - level 15 Serpent's Skull

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    well I am going to post IC and then if nothing happens post wise... guess the play test will be done
    LOL fair enough!

I'm travelling today and so will post IC later on. Everyone can join in when ready (or almost ready - given the natue of the game I'm not too precious if there's a few things unfinalised).

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Updating table. Sheets are finalised and I am ready to go. Will join in later today.

Player Character Alignment Race Class Cohort
    paradox26 ? ? Human Unchained Barbarian ?
    samduke Serenity Azalea CN Human Slayer 15 Human Unchained Rogue 10
    Infernally Clay tbc ? Human Unchained Monk Bard 9
    Yas392 Darren & Blitz N Human Unchained Summoner Halberd & Nocturne
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-14 at 02:33 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am so sorry, everyone, and especially Ghostfoot. I have been trying to get onto my sheet for the last week, and I have just been too busy to get online for more than a few minutes at a time. My daughter and baby grandson have just come over for a holiday from interstate today, and I will be with them for most of the next ten days, so I am not likely to have a lot of spare time to get a sheet built before Ghostfoot's life gets busy again. So I am going to have to withdraw, with great regret. I may be able to get online for periods during the next week and a half, but I am not sure of it by any means.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    I am so sorry, everyone, and especially Ghostfoot. I have been trying to get onto my sheet for the last week, and I have just been too busy to get online for more than a few minutes at a time. My daughter and baby grandson have just come over for a holiday from interstate today, and I will be with them for most of the next ten days, so I am not likely to have a lot of spare time to get a sheet built before Ghostfoot's life gets busy again. So I am going to have to withdraw, with great regret. I may be able to get online for periods during the next week and a half, but I am not sure of it by any means.
    Such is the way of it...feel free to check back in when you have more capacity and see how the group is placed.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thanks for understanding. On top of a baby visit, I am sleeping a lot right now as I have finally caught Covid. I will read the game thread when I have time. It is still an intriguing game to me.

6. - Top - End - #36

AssassinGuy

@ghostfoot D10s got it. Do I re-roll my checks for them or is it for future reminder? So, my character's cadre notice first sentence observation but not Samduke's characters unless they move and roll high? Is Blitz bearing Darren and Halberd?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-16 at 06:01 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

on that map you posted are we near the map area of dk and 11 ?
    if not where are we ?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

on that map you posted are we near the map area of dk and 11 ?
    if not where are we ?
    Yep, that's it. ~DK11 coming in from southwest

9. - Top - End - #39

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    @ghostfoot D10s got it. Do I re-roll my checks for them or is it for future reminder? So, my character's cadre notice first sentence observation but not Samduke's characters unless they move and roll high? Is Blitz bearing Darren and Halberd?
    Waiting for the answers to these questions before I post my next post.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry, missed your earlier post :-/

No need to re-roll anything for now - just a reminder for next time.

Correct, only Samduke's characters notice (but free action to alert everyone, and given the nature of this game we can assume this happens).

Yes Blitz is bearing Darren & Halberd (I haven't looked at the detail of your build but I assume this is all good).

11. - Top - End - #41

AssassinGuy

Did you roll our initiatives secretly? That seems out of the blue. Any enemy visible to sight from that distance (Not sure if light helps)?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-20 at 09:14 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

sorry i went and hurt my wrist a few days ago and typing is still painful, just not as much

yes they would warn the others

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

re:
    A hail of arrows flies from the lurking assailants among the masonry blocks.

vs Serenity attack (2d10+16)[29] damage (1d8+7)[11];
    attack (2d10+11)[25] damage (1d8+7)[14];
    attack (2d10+6)[18] damage (1d8+7)[12]
    archers have improved cover +8 AC
    Serenity
    Dampen Presence
    Benefit: You may use the Stealth skill to hide from any creature attempting to perceive you using blindsight or blindsense, even if you are clearly in that creature’s perceptual field. This feat does not confer any advantages against other forms of perception, such as scent, vision, or tremorsense.

Perception (1d20+20)[36]
    Stealth (1d20+20)[26]
    Acrobatics (1d20+15)[17]
    AC: 19

correct me if i am wrong but with my Ring of Invisibility i do not see, how they see her
    Also with my stealth roll don't they need to perceive her presuming noise, to target her ?

if the above attacks hold true after that then she takes 25 damage from arrows

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Did you roll our initiatives secretly? That seems out of the blue. Any enemy visible to sight from that distance (Not sure if light helps)?
    Just a quick 'surprise round' to get us started and keep things moving (although it was late and I see I inadvertently rolled full attacks - I will amend).

Initiative:

Serenity (1d20+4)[11]
    Azalea (1d20+2)[15]
    Darren (2d10+9)[18]
    Blitz(2d10+5)[13]
    Halberd (2d10+9)[11]
    Nocturne (2d10)[8]
    Ambushers (2d10+4)[14]

correct me if i am wrong but with my Ring of Invisibility i do not see, how they see her
    Also with my stealth roll don't they need to perceive her presuming noise, to target her ?

if the above attacks hold true after that then she takes 25 damage from arrows
    Ah, good to know. They make the ordinary perception roll, but not with invisibility. I will redirect that first attack to Azalea.

Any other notable effects characters have 'switched on'? This first skirmish we'll be flushing out all these effects as at L15 there can be a fair bit.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    Ah, good to know. They make the ordinary perception roll, but not with invisibility. I will redirect that first attack to Azalea.

Any other notable effects characters have 'switched on'? This first skirmish we'll be flushing out all these effects as at L15 there can be a fair bit.
    Ok gimped eith a hurt wrist, i will look at azelias items

Ok sorry when i looked earlier i scrolled phone to far, 1 hand, and it was azealua with the ring not serenity, so ill apply those to her presuming the stealth was thwarted

Edited
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-01-20 at 05:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok gimped eith a hurt wrist, i will look at azelias items

Ok sorry when i looked earlier i scrolled phone to far, 1 hand, and it was azealua with the ring not serenity, so ill apply those to her presuming the stealth was thwarted

Edited
    All good.

So by my calcs given our Variant Rules, of the 11 damage to Serenity, 7 (her armour bonus) will be converted to non-lethal and 4 normal (lethal).

And 7 damage (less hardness) would normally be incurred by her armour, but I see it's magical force field bracers so I guess that part doesn't happen.

17. - Top - End - #47

AssassinGuy

@Ghostfoot Darren will inform Azalea about the information he acquired about the humanoids if any and any future information he gains.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

All good.

So by my calcs given our Variant Rules, of the 11 damage to Serenity, 7 (her armour bonus) will be converted to non-lethal and 4 normal (lethal).

And 7 damage (less hardness) would normally be incurred by her armour, but I see it's magical force field bracers so I guess that part doesn't happen.
    well I will not disagree as the effect is a forcefield type effect. so Serenity -4hp and 7 non-lethal.

*(next attacks)*

vs Serenity attack (2d10+16)[27] damage (1d8+7)[14] (miss 1-50? (1d100)[9]);
    attack (2d10+11)[20] damage (1d8+7)[8] (miss 1-50? (1d100)[9]);
    attack (2d10+6)[12] damage (1d8+7)[11] (miss 1-50? (1d100)[2])

If I read this correctly the miss 1-50 is saying that if the number is 1-50 it is a miss due to cover, if this is correct , Serenity would take no damage

Serenity round 1,2??
    Studied target : archers , study opponent as a swift action
    +1 Longbow 1d8 x3 p 150ft
    +18/+13/+8
    1:(1d20+18)[38] <- CRIT
    2:(1d20+13)[19]
    3:(1d20+8)[16]

1:(1d8+1)[2] (*x3) sneak attack (5d6)[21] <- IIRC sneak does not get the benefit of crit
    2:(1d8+1)[5]
    3:(1d8+1)[8]

Attacking from stealth ( it was not stated her stealth was thwarted )

Assassinate: if the slayer makes a sneak attack against the target and that target is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC, the sneak attack has the additional effect of possibly killing the target. This attempt automatically fails if the target recognizes the slayer as an enemy. If the sneak attack is successful, the target must attempt a Fortitude saving throw with a DC20. If the target fails this save, it dies; otherwise, the target takes the sneak attack damage as normal and is then immune to that slayer’s assassinate ability for 24 hours.

Azalea round 1,2??

Swift Poison (Ex) as a move action

attacking from invisible causes the archers to be flatfooted and subject to sneak attack
    Ranged: +9/+4 +1 shortbow 1d6 x3 p 60ft
    sneak attack +5d6

Powerful Sneak (Ex): Whenever a rogue with this talent takes a full-attack action, she can take a –2 penalty on all attack rolls until the start of her next turn. If she does, she can reroll any sneak attack damage dice that result in 1s. She can reroll multiple dice, but she can’t reroll any individual die more than once per attack

Flaying Spider Venom
    Type poison (injury); Save Fortitude DC 11; Onset 1 round; Frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; Cure 1 save
    DETAILS

Type poison (injury); Save Fortitude DC 11; Onset 1 round; Frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; Cure 1 save
    EFFECT 1d3 Con

1:(1d20+7)[24]
    2:(1d20+2)[10]

1:(1d6+1)[3] sneak attack (5d6)[5][1][2][6][1](15)
    2:(1d6+1)[5]

sneak attack re-roll 1's ; (5d6)[1][1][5][3][2](12)

edited
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-01-21 at 09:45 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

AssassinGuy

@ghostfoot Darren did cast obscuring mist. Would that not obscure enemy vision from attacking Darren & Co (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target) who have not moved except Serenity?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

@ghostfoot Darren did cast obscuring mist. Would that not obscure enemy vision from attacking Darren & Co (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target) who have not moved except Serenity?
    I think it means that they can attack, but with a 50% miss chance. And then my poor concealment rolls meant that they mostly all miss due to concealment - maybe one hit on Halberd gets through?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

vs Serenity attack (2d10+16)[27] damage (1d8+7)[14] (miss 1-50? (1d100)[9]);
    attack (2d10+11)[20] damage (1d8+7)[8] (miss 1-50? (1d100)[9]);
    attack (2d10+6)[12] damage (1d8+7)[11] (miss 1-50? (1d100)[2])

If I read this correctly the miss 1-50 is saying that if the number is 1-50 it is a miss due to cover, if this is correct , Serenity would take no damage
    Ah, I did it on assumption she was also in the obscuring mist, which is probably wrong. Anyway let's leave it as is, a miss.

Next time the cover will give +4 AC not 50% miss.

22. - Top - End - #52

AssassinGuy

I think it means that they can attack, but with a 50% miss chance. And then my poor concealment rolls meant that they mostly all miss due to concealment - maybe one hit on Halberd gets through?
    No, I meant the obscured sight part that needs clearing up. The spell makes it so that enemy has no Line of Sight (unfindable/untargetable) on Darren and Co by normal sight (low-light, darkvision, etc) after fog is up.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-22 at 02:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Ah, I did it on assumption she was also in the obscuring mist, which is probably wrong. Anyway let's leave it as is, a miss.

Next time the cover will give +4 AC not 50% miss.
    no idea if the "MIST" covers her or not, just know that she went for cover and had a decent stealth roll

24. - Top - End - #54

AssassinGuy

No, I meant the obscured sight part that needs clearing up. The spell makes it so that enemy has no Line of Sight (unfindable/untargetable) on Darren and Co by normal sight (low-light, darkvision, etc) after fog is up.
    Need an answer to above before I post my rolls for Blitz/Halberd (require int check?). My hands are itching to roll for them.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-23 at 09:44 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry, busy day yesterday. First day back at work after summer holiday.

I believe the spell obscuring mist means that they can still attack from range, albeit extremely poorly (50% miss chance).

Total Concealment: If you have line of effect to a target but not line of sight, he is considered to have total concealment from you. You can’t attack an opponent that has total concealment, though you can attack into a square that you think he occupies. A successful attack into a square occupied by an enemy with total concealment has a 50% miss chance (instead of the normal 20% miss chance for an opponent with concealment).
    Is that what you're getting at? If I have misunderstood, or you have a different interpretation, I'm happy to go with that for now to keep things moving.

26. - Top - End - #56

AssassinGuy

Sorry, busy day yesterday. First day back at work after summer holiday.

I believe the spell obscuring mist means that they can still attack from range, albeit extremely poorly (50% miss chance).

Is that what you're getting at? If I have misunderstood, or you have a different interpretation, I'm happy to go with that for now to keep things moving.
    No, I interpreted the enemy shooting the wrong/random spots, missing entirely as they can't see the squares because lack of vision. I agree with keeping things moving and discuss the rulings later on. Also, happy to leave lore & initiative checks to you to speed things up.

EDIT: Appears I missed one bit on the total concealment text. It includes blind shooting as in DM have enemies shooting into squares where they think the targets are plausible by having sight of their squares in the last round. That means Halberd got hit. Was that the intention in your answer; enemies shooting at the same squares? If so, amended. If Darren and Co moved, I would stand by my previous interpretation.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-24 at 02:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Serenity shoots and hits for 6 damage (+21 if sneak attack, but they have excellent perception rolls so unless anything special I believe her stealth is thwarted).
    not that I am doubting what you said, I failed to see a perception roll for them to see serenity before she shot or her taking cover....

Stealth (1d20+20)[26] + Dampen Presence

Post taking cover and shooting yes I would say that a new stealth roll would be required.

and can you let us know when it is a new round - thanks

28. - Top - End - #58

AssassinGuy

Rolling INT check for cohort vs DC 10 or have DM retcon actions: (1d20)[5]

EDIT: Forgot it is 2d10. Will do so in the future. Will tweak Darren's action depending on Halberd's action. If DM has Halberd heal himself or eidolon with cure spells, formula will be (1d8+5+1(trait)+7(trait)+8(mother arcana)) x 1.5(domain)) for cure light wounds for instant. If channeling energy and exclude up to 5 enemies (selective channeling), Darren and Halberd heal 9d6+20 due to fey foundling feat while it is 9d6+2 for others.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-24 at 02:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

not that I am doubting what you said, I failed to see a perception roll for them to see serenity before she shot or her taking cover....

Stealth (1d20+20)[26] + Dampen Presence

Post taking cover and shooting yes I would say that a new stealth roll would be required.

and can you let us know when it is a new round - thanks
    Well, I could have sworn I rolled it but now I can't see it so even I am doubting myself. [shrug]

Anyway - new round, party to go.

30. - Top - End - #60

AssassinGuy

Halberd is invisible. Did the enemy have an effect that let them see through him to target him? I can only assume that is the case if it is. I take it the roll for DM action on cohort is not in effect and you are going along with the original action? Is Blitz in the area of multiple Urdefhan? Not sure if Blitz hovering above ground bypass cover before I make my rolls?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-26 at 06:11 AM.