New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ghostfoot's Variant Rule Playtest [PF1] - level 15 Serpent's Skull

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Halberd is invisible. Did the enemy have an effect that let them see through him to target him? I can only assume that is the case if it is. I take it the roll for DM action on cohort is not in effect and you are going along with the original action? Is Blitz in the area of multiple Urdefhan? Not sure if Blitz hovering above ground bypass cover before I make my rolls?
    My bad. Redirect that attack to Blitz.

Halberd's actions stand (you succeeded in rolling under his Int in order to direct him).

Blitz I've assumed is surrounded by attackers, but hovering. No cover currently in effect for them (they 5ft stepped back out of reach last round, but not far enough to gain cover). He could 5ft step and reach two at a time.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

INT or under. I see.

That means he gets tons of AoO due combat reflexes in response to ranged attacks and spellcasting as they are in ranged.

Darren's attack roll for stun vial: (2d10+11)[25]

3. - Top - End - #63

AssassinGuy

Confirm Critical for Attack of Opportunity vs Archer: (2d10+18)[24]

Extra Damage: (1d6+6)[9]

Since highest ray of enfeeblement penalty applies after the attack of opportunities, Blitz gets -1 to Attack & Damage for normal attacks. Darren gets +1 to attack due to elevation so his result should be 26. And the +2 from charge from last round does not applies so all of Blitz attacks so -2 to all iteration of his attacks. Darren is encumbered so not sure if he gets a -3 to Attack or it is just applying to STR & DEX skills since he is proficient with light armor.

EDIT: NVM, it only affects skill checks.

EDIT2: I believe Darren needs an additional -2 to get another +10 increment to 30 ft for it for the radius to exclude his group. The first -2 has been excluded to increase the throwing increment to 20 ft.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-27 at 05:07 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    Well, I could have sworn I rolled it but now I can't see it so even I am doubting myself. [shrug]

Anyway - new round, party to go.
    OK
    Round 2 posts underway then I will post results to IC

Serenity
    Move action: Fast Stealth (Ex) 30ft <if the nearest archer is greater than 30ft away then I will apply Slayer’s Advance (Ex) moving 60ft & noted with a *-10 below>

Stealth: (1d20+20)[35] + Dampen Presence (*-10)

has Studied Target for 1 round: Nearest Archer

Assassinate: Nearest Archer
    If the slayer makes a sneak attack against the target and that target is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC,
    If the sneak attack is successful, the target must attempt a Fortitude saving throw with a DC (19) If the target fails this save, it dies; otherwise, the target takes the sneak attack damage as normal and is then immune to that slayer’s assassinate ability for 24 hours.

Attack
    +2 Sun Blade (1d20+19)[30]
    confirm crit 19-20x2
    (1d20+19)[33]

Damage: (1d10)[9]
    Sneak Attack: (5d6)[18]

Azalea
    re-activate her Ring of Invisibility
    then move to and behind serenity's Studied Target Archer if possible
    Move 30ft or double move 60ft

5. - Top - End - #65

AssassinGuy

Is Serenity flanking with Darren's summon? If it is in effect, the attacks on the archer remain unchanged due to the +2 from flanking bonus. Otherwise, the -2 applies to the rest of the attacks.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I'm not quite done, but here is Venser Holdane the Paladin, and his two animal companions Elk Holdane and Wolf Holdane. I'm not totally sure what I'm going to do for my cohort, I'm thinking a Skald or a Cleric, assuming they get a heroic class, but it's not clear to me what determines that.

I figured that since the point is to test the rules, I figured I'd be a charisma-based lawful character with heavy armor and magical healing. I'll do my best to be finished up tomorrow.

7. - Top - End - #67

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qazgir View Post
    Well, I'm not quite done, but here is Venser Holdane the Paladin, and his two animal companions Elk Holdane and Wolf Holdane. I'm not totally sure what I'm going to do for my cohort, I'm thinking a Skald or a Cleric, assuming they get a heroic class, but it's not clear to me what determines that.

I figured that since the point is to test the rules, I figured I'd be a charisma-based lawful character with heavy armor and magical healing. I'll do my best to be finished up tomorrow.
    I am not sure what bold is either. I am assuming that it applies to LVL1 game where cohort does not have a level, that they cannot take normal class yet thereby a commoner/NPC classes and restricting them to 3 Point Buy.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-29 at 08:15 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Is Serenity flanking with Darren's summon? If it is in effect, the attacks on the archer remain unchanged due to the +2 from flanking bonus. Otherwise, the -2 applies to the rest of the attacks.
    presuming, that the summon is at the closest archer to Serenity / Azalea, as they are flanking for each other on the same target.

but I have no idea if that is the case ?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Working on a Monk, will post sheet as soon as I finish

EDIT: WIP Sheet, pending some calculations and mundane items, will finish later today Finished!!:

Rowan, LG Human Monk 15
    Last edited by Talivan; 2024-02-01 at 04:17 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70

AssassinGuy

@Ghostfoot Are we waiting for the finished sheets before we move on with the game? I think Sam and I have gone.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-30 at 03:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry, hit a busy patch here with kids back at school this week, compounded with the intermittent site lag coinciding with my very limited availability....I will take a look at the recent posts now.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

I am not sure what bold is either. I am assuming that it applies to LVL1 game where cohort does not have a level, that they cannot take normal class yet thereby a commoner/NPC classes and restricting them to 3 Point Buy.
    Yeah sorry I didn't make that clear at all. You are correct, the reference to heroic class relates to some of my thinking going on behind the scenes, in particular for lower level PCs where the maths would result in a Cohort with <1 levels. The thinking being that such PCs could still obtain a Cohort albeit one with only NPC class levels (eg Warrior/ Commoner/ etc).

To extend that thought, my thinking is that an NPC class has an effective level 1 less than a heroic class, so even at these levels you could get a +1 to your Cohort's class level by choosing an NPC class for them.

Yes! 100%
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2024-02-02 at 04:13 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

@Ghostfoot Are we waiting for the finished sheets before we move on with the game? I think Sam and I have gone.
    I'll aim to post IC tomorrow morning (~12 hours).

New players can join immediately (or as convenient). Feel free to join with your PCs now and Cohorts in a few days if that helps. I'm sure we can all "suspend disbelief" to retcon everyone together over the next few days.
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2024-02-02 at 04:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

AssassinGuy

Darren stun vial is not on a singular enemy. He wants to center the 10 ft radius on as many enemies he can possibility catch within the radius. So, he would go for at least 2 or more if possible. Those outside the radius has to make will save or get confused for 1 round.

Confused about the 2d20. Are you rolling for multiple enemies or is it just one?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-02-03 at 06:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Confused about the 2d20. Are you rolling for multiple enemies or is it just one?
    typo, sry. fixed

16. - Top - End - #76

AssassinGuy

typo, sry. fixed
    Still need confirmation of enemies affected.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Still need confirmation of enemies affected.
    I had envisaged them scattering in different directions when Blitz hovered above them.

Let's ask the dice gods how many are potentially affected (1d4)[2]

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Cohort is generally player-controlled - but in combat must roll Int or lower each round or GM determines action for that round
    This playtest is showing me that this "roll to control your Cohort in combat" rule is too unwieldy for PbP. I propose we drop it.

19. - Top - End - #79

AssassinGuy

I had envisaged them scattering in different directions when Blitz hovered above them.

Let's ask the dice gods how many are potentially affected [roll0]
    Gracias.

Does that mean the unaffected is outside of confusion radius due to Darren sacrificing numbers for accuracy of catching as many as he can in the stun radius?

This playtest is showing me that this "roll to control your Cohort in combat" rule is too unwieldy for PbP. I propose we drop it.
    Fine by me.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-02-04 at 12:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Does that mean the unaffected is outside of confusion radius due to Darren sacrificing numbers for accuracy of catching as many as he can in the stun radius?
    Ah, I wasn't aware of the confusion effect (presuming it's one of these).

Let's say 20% chance of affecting one more with confusion (any more and you'll incur friendly-fire) (1d100)[49]

Will save vs Confusion (if needed) (2d10+4)[16]
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2024-02-04 at 12:33 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

AssassinGuy

Ah, I wasn't aware of the confusion effect (presuming it's one of these).

Let's say 20% chance of affecting one more with confusion (any more and you'll incur friendly-fire) [roll0]

Will save vs Confusion (if needed) [roll1]
    Yeah, that item.

Focused Archer: 90 damage suffered. (27 + 32 (assuming all hit) + 31 (assuming Azalea targets this archer; Sun Blade bypass DR) = 90; That is one tanky archer).

Caster that targeted Darren: 3 damage suffered.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-02-04 at 01:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, that item.

Focused Archer: 90 damage suffered. (27 + 32 (assuming all hit) + 31 (assuming Azalea targets this archer; Sun Blade bypass DR) = 90; That is one tanky archer).

Caster that targeted Darren: 3 damage suffered.
    Yep, they do seem to be able take a few hits. The DR helps a lot vs those multi-attacks.

Re: Sun Blade , I don't see anything bypassing DR in it's description. But it does affect "Negative Energy Plane creatures" and these things have negative energy affinity - seems close enough to me....?

23. - Top - End - #83

AssassinGuy

Yep, they do seem to be able take a few hits. The DR helps a lot vs those multi-attacks.

Re: Sun Blade , I don't see anything bypassing DR in it's description. But it does affect "Negative Energy Plane creatures" and these things have negative energy affinity - seems close enough to me....?
    Against Evil Creatures, it ups the +2 enhancement to +4. +4 enhancement allows the weapon to be treated as cold iron/silver/adamantium to bypass DR as listed in here.

Correct my damage calculation if I am wrong (Not sure if Blitz hits all or if Azalea attacked the archer Blitz attacked).

Is one of the enemies attacking Azalea the one been dealt the most damage? Want to know to see if it is possible for Blitz to flank it with Azalea.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-02-04 at 04:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Against Evil Creatures, it ups the +2 enhancement to +4. +4 enhancement allows the weapon to be treated as cold iron/silver/adamantium to bypass DR as listed in here.

Correct my damage calculation if I am wrong (Not sure if Blitz hits all or if Azalea attacked the archer Blitz attacked).
    Nice, that'll do it I think. @samduke if you agree, let me know what the final damage is given the increased sunblade powers and I'll add that in.

Is one of the enemies attacking Azalea the one been dealt the most damage? Want to know to see if it is possible for Blitz to flank it with Azalea.
    Azalea Serenity - yes the injured one is attacking Serenity with another (flanking). Azalea is invisible and in turn flanks one with Serenity. Blitz can flank the other one with Serenity.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

okay serenity had one enemy fail to see past the stealth
    Perception vs Stealth DC35 (2d10+17)[25] Fail!

Fort save vs Assassinate DC19 (2d10+14)[32] Save! => Sneak damage, no assassinate
    previously rolled: Stealth: (1d20+20)[35] + Dampen Presence (*-10)
    and then this roll happened but no perception ??

rhoka sword (2d10+22)[27] damage (1d8+10)[18] (+ sneak? (3d6)[5] +3 bleed)

1 urdefhan also draws sword & attacks Serenity with flanking

rhoka sword (2d10+22)[33] damage (1d8+10)[18] (+ sneak? (3d6)[14] +3 bleed)

if the above applies: 18+ possible 14 + 3 bleed (32 +3 bleed) not sure how to adjudicate bleed

yes! azalea has flanking, and the archer should be caught flatfooted

Azalea Full Attack Archer:
    1:(1d20+9)[19]
    2:(1d20+4)[21]

Confirm Crit:
    1:(1d20+9)[23]
    2:(1d20+4)[20]

+2 Sun Blade Damage
    1:(1d10+2)[3] Against evil creatures, its enhancement bonus is +4. Against Negative Energy Plane creatures or undead creatures, the sword deals double damage (and ×3 on a critical hit instead of the usual
    2:(1d10+2)[8]
    Sneak attack: (5d6)[22]

Serenity Full Attack the urdefhan that hit her
    1:(1d20+19)[23] *Possible flanking ? add +2 if so
    2:(1d20+14)[20] *Possible flanking ? add +2 if so
    3:(1d20+9)[25] *Possible flanking ? add +2 if so

Confirm Crit
    1:(1d20+19)[22] *Possible flanking ? add +2 if so
    2:(1d20+14)[34] *Possible flanking ? add +2 if so
    3:(1d20+9)[13] *Possible flanking ? add +2 if so

+2 Sun Blade Damage
    1:(1d10+2)[3] Against evil creatures, its enhancement bonus is +4. Against Negative Energy Plane creatures or undead creatures, the sword deals double damage (and ×3 on a critical hit instead of the usual
    2:(1d10+2)[5]
    3:(1d10+2)[5]
    Sneak attack: (5d6)[12] *if applicable
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-02-04 at 02:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    okay serenity had one enemy fail to see past the stealth

and then this roll happened but no perception ??

rhoka sword (2d10+22)[27] damage (1d8+10)[18] (+ sneak? (3d6)[5] +3 bleed)

1 urdefhan also draws sword & attacks Serenity with flanking

rhoka sword (2d10+22)[33] damage (1d8+10)[18] (+ sneak? (3d6)[14] +3 bleed)
    yeah she stealthed and then did the death attack

so I figured that meant breaking stealth (to perform the attack)

but does she have the ability to maintain stealth after attacking?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Serenity

Rolling damage for 2nd Sneak attack (she's flanking so sneak on every attack that hits)

Sneak attack: (5d6)[17]

28. - Top - End - #88

AssassinGuy

CMD is higher than I thought.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

CMD is higher than I thought.
    yes, these urdefhan CMD is 34!

30. - Top - End - #90

AssassinGuy

yes, these urdefhan CMD is 34!
    Oof. Pathfinder knows how to make it hard to grapple especially high levels.

Anyways, can Darren put down another black tentacles field without to catch the remaining two urdefhans that are not in the first one without friendly fire?