New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lancer - a seemingly fun mech rpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
    If 3 people all wanted to run Lancer games I would 100% play in them all.
    Me too! haha
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey n0ble - any idea when the recruitment post will go up? Not to nag
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

I’m keeping myself busy by changing my mind at least once a day about my preferred build. Now currently thinking of Chomolungma build where I’d keep the frame even at later LLs.

The build I’m working towards is below with the main synergy being Hard Point reinforcement letting the Manticore self-damaging tech attacks be used at minimal cost. As the synergy doesn’t really work until you have 4 LLs, I’d probably go Goblin (on a Chom frame) for the first three LLs, respec at LL4 to 2 Manticore/2 Caliban and then build on it from there.

-- GMS Chomolungma @ LL6 --
    [ LICENSES ]
    IPS-N CALIBAN 2, HORUS Manticore 2, HORUS Goblin 1, IPS-N Nelson 1
    [ CORE BONUSES ]
    Reinforced Frame, The Lesson of the Open Door
    [ TALENTS ]
    Technophile 3, Leader 3, Skirmisher 2, Hacker 1
    [ STATS ]
    HULL:2 AGI:0 SYS:6 ENGI:0
    STRUCTURE:4 HP:24 ARMOR:0
    STRESS:4 HEATCAP:6 REPAIR:5
    TECH ATK:+7 LIMITED:+0
    SPD:4 EVA:8 EDEF:16 SENSE:15 SAVE:16
    [ WEAPONS ]
    MAIN/AUX MOUNT: Rocket-Propelled Grenade / Missile Rack
    FLEX MOUNT: Assault Rifle
    [ SYSTEMS ]
    HARDPOINT REINFORCEMENT, Smite, H0R_OS System Upgrade I, Bulwark Mods, Personalizations, Pattern-A Jericho Deployable Cover, Custom Paint Job, Armament Redundancy

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mousedigits View Post
    Hey n0ble - any idea when the recruitment post will go up? Not to nag
    Hey no problem at all-thank you for asking! Past weeks been pretty busy but I should be able to get recruitment up this today-tomorrow. Really sorry for the delay-been having forum issues along with the aforementioned busyness. If the forum issues continue to persist I might run recruitment here as best I can and then migrate the IC thread elswheres to another site-OOC is still going to be handled via discord and combat will still be roll20 I think

Also after buying and giving it a read over I'd like to add in that people should feel free to plan towards using the 4 Variant Frames found in Enhanced Combat from Interpoint Station (Bligh, Oleander, Hapsburg & Salamander). They're solid far as I can tell but if someone has a really big reason against them we can definitely talk about it. Finally in the interest of transparency I'll probably be including some of the material from that supplement in the Campaign-things like environmental effects, sit reps, assets to be acquired & bonus objectives (not enemy NPCs just yet though-would like to get a feel for how the official ones play first)
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by n0ble View Post
    Also after buying and giving it a read over I'd like to add in that people should feel free to plan towards using the 4 Variant Frames found in Enhanced Combat from Interpoint Station (Bligh, Oleander, Hapsburg & Salamander). They're solid far as I can tell but if someone has a really big reason against them we can definitely talk about it.
    Honestly if I were to suggest a frame to ban it would actually be one of the core ones; the Gorgon. Not because it’s overpowered, just because its reaction shenanigans seem like a hassle for the GM to handle in pbp!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
    Honestly if I were to suggest a frame to ban it would actually be one of the core ones; the Gorgon. Not because it’s overpowered, just because its reaction shenanigans seem like a hassle for the GM to handle in pbp!
    ...yeah At the very least I'd have to have a talk with anyone wanting to play it about how pretty much every enemy action would also come with me checking with them for reactions (I'm going to number and letter the combat grid axis so people can write down their movements).

And we're live!
    Last edited by n0ble; 2024-03-02 at 01:09 PM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves