New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ęterna Urbis : the Immortal City [Game Request]

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    Fair enough. In that case, could I take a few martial talents using the Extra Combat Talent feat? (In particular, the base Wrestling sphere, the Compulsive Eating Wrestling talent, and the Impervious Hide talent).
    Yes that's fine. Nom-nom...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Another DM request:

Would you allow the Pathfinder Mystic Theurge, with divine casting on one side and psychic casting on the other?
    Yes, that sounds fine.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Leader Rat: Level 16
    Rat Stack (Combat, Teamwork)
    Rending Swarm (Combat, Teamwork)
    Tunnel Rat

Now need to figure out how to get such high leadership score that I can have both cohorts at level 12.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Wow level 16, it has been ages since I played at high level, may put a character together but I'll take my time to read the info and brainstorm something fun

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Are templates allowed? Can bare without buy-off if that makes a difference

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@TankLaser007

were you allowing Firearms, if so what era/advancement?

I am looking at the "Ranger" Firearms (Combat Style)
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-01-05 at 03:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

interesting

requesting The Lord of the Uttercold

Deathknight

Etra talent feat sphere of power

Unarmored Training -Your deft movements, physical conditioning, and expert use of your chosen weapons allow you to create a protective barrier around yourself as effective as any true suit of armor. When unarmored and unencumbered, you gain a +3 armor bonus to your AC. This bonus increases by +1 for every 3 points of base attack bonus you possess. Characters who gain Acrobatics as a class skill may instead choose to have the armor bonus increase by +1 for every 3 ranks in the Acrobatics skill they possess. This bonus to AC applies even against touch attacks or when you are flat-footed. You lose these bonuses when you are immobilized or helpless, when you wear any armor, or when you carry a medium or heavy load. These bonuses do not stack with the AC bonus class feature of the monk or similar abilities. This bonus depends on an intricate awareness of the practitioner's body and balance, and as such is lost when the target is under any shapeshift other than blank form, or is polymorphed into a creature of the animal, dragon, elemental, magical beast, plant, or vermin type. (equipment sphere talent)

sniper and barrage shprere

energy bow

if approved, the build would be a LN Dhampir uttercold deathknight

Side 1- would be 16 The Lord of the Uttercold using Uttercold Knight ACF

Side 2 - would be 16 levels of deathknight
    Last edited by niw18; 2024-01-05 at 03:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'd like to request the leporine race, and the Striker class from Spheres of Might.

The idea is to take Spring-Heeled Style, and then mix Athletics, Scout and unarmed (probably Open Hand or Brute) for mobility and hitting things. Something of a deliberate contrast to the technoarcane, a more ascetic type from the Wreath, possibly affiliated with the Wreath Wardens.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Tentative interest.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Question for the DM:

Everything about the wyrwood race is ideal for my concept, except that they’re Small size. Would it be possible to have a Medium-sized wyrwood and just change the size modifiers to match?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Posting interest as a Cat Sith who is primarily a Cryptic, possibly with some Hidden Blade Unchained Rogue. Concept is a Literal Psionic Cat Burglar.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by niw18 View Post
    interesting

Deathknight

energy bow

I don’t think this game is gestalt. I can’t see any reference to it.

Thanks for running this, Tanklaser.

I am looking at running a Conscript, since SoM is on the table. Not sure of a race yet. I have built a couple of conscripts before but the games have been cancelled, so I look forward to building one for actual play.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Hahaha! I missed that! Time to choose which class to use, Dawn Zealot or Blessed of the Ancestors...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Leader Rat: Level 16
    Rat Stack (Combat, Teamwork)
    Rending Swarm (Combat, Teamwork)
    Tunnel Rat

Now need to figure out how to get such high leadership score that I can have both cohorts at level 12.
    Interested to see the finished character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricka Draws View Post
    Wow level 16, it has been ages since I played at high level, may put a character together but I'll take my time to read the info and brainstorm something fun
    Take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    Are templates allowed? Can bare without buy-off if that makes a difference
    Yes, just run it by me first. Forged Facsimile template was already approved, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    @TankLaser007

were you allowing Firearms, if so what era/advancement?

I am looking at the "Ranger" Firearms (Combat Style)
    Ah an over site on my part. Yes firearms and Technology are all on the table. Also will adds the rules for some magitech items in a bit, like Wandvolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by niw18 View Post
    interesting

Deathknight

Etra talent feat sphere of power

Unarmored Training -Your deft movements, physical conditioning, and expert use of your chosen weapons allow you to create a protective barrier around yourself as effective as any true suit of armor. When unarmored and unencumbered, you gain a +3 armor bonus to your AC. This bonus increases by +1 for every 3 points of base attack bonus you possess. Characters who gain Acrobatics as a class skill may instead choose to have the armor bonus increase by +1 for every 3 ranks in the Acrobatics skill they possess. This bonus to AC applies even against touch attacks or when you are flat-footed. You lose these bonuses when you are immobilized or helpless, when you wear any armor, or when you carry a medium or heavy load. These bonuses do not stack with the AC bonus class feature of the monk or similar abilities. This bonus depends on an intricate awareness of the practitioner's body and balance, and as such is lost when the target is under any shapeshift other than blank form, or is polymorphed into a creature of the animal, dragon, elemental, magical beast, plant, or vermin type. (equipment sphere talent)

energy bow

All of that looks fine buuut this isn't gestalt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallimakus View Post
    I'd like to request the leporine race, and the Striker class from Spheres of Might.

The idea is to take Spring-Heeled Style, and then mix Athletics, Scout and unarmed (probably Open Hand or Brute) for mobility and hitting things. Something of a deliberate contrast to the technoarcane, a more ascetic type from the Wreath, possibly affiliated with the Wreath Wardens.
    Sounds great. I'm picturing a swordless Usagi Yojimbo. All approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Question for the DM:

Everything about the wyrwood race is ideal for my concept, except that they’re Small size. Would it be possible to have a Medium-sized wyrwood and just change the size modifiers to match?
    There's already an option to make the race Medium size at a 10' reduction to speed. It's under alternative racial features I believe.

Thanks for running this, Tanklaser.

I am looking at running a Conscript, since SoM is on the table. Not sure of a race yet. I have built a couple of conscripts before but the games have been cancelled, so I look forward to building one for actual play.
    You're welcome. Yeah I hand to double check I didn't out gestalt in by mistake. Conscripts are a fun class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Posting interest as a Cat Sith who is primarily a Cryptic, possibly with some Hidden Blade Unchained Rogue. Concept is a Literal Psionic Cat Burglar.
    Everything looks good, just how will stat the cat as a PC? There were some rules for that in Savage Species? Something similar in PF? If you can just point me to it? Otherwise everything looks fine and interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Hahaha! I missed that! Time to choose which class to use, Dawn Zealot or Blessed of the Ancestors...
    Et tu!!!!

Are you all gestalt gas lighting me?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by TankLaser007 View Post
    Et tu!!!!

Are you all gestalt gas lighting me?
    Well, the first time you introduced me to Ęterna, that potential game was gestalt. So when I saw this I made an assumption. Truly my mistake.

I'm debating now which class to use, lol. They both have excellent setting-rp synergy.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

same here I make a choice soon

17. - Top - End - #47

Ah, I must’ve missed that

Gonna request Spellborg and Spellborg Adept intend to use it with the Soulknife, Soul Archer, and Psiborg Adept from the 3pp psionic stuff

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

This sounds like a hoot! I'd like to request the Living Veil race and the Transcendent class to make some kind of weirdo magic criminal.
    Last edited by Rokku; 2024-01-06 at 02:19 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by TankLaser007 View Post
    Everything looks good, just how will stat the cat as a PC? There were some rules for that in Savage Species? Something similar in PF? If you can just point me to it? Otherwise everything looks fine and interesting concept.
    There are a couple of ways of handling this.

A:) Use the "Monsters as PCs" rules. This would make the Cat Sith a CR2, and the Abilities would be Str -2, Dex +6, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha +4.

B:) Make a normal character and have them permanently polymorphed into a cat or cat sith. This will make them lose the spell-like abilities but would give a rather large (+8) bonus to dex for being a tiny creature. While I am not suggesting this is the right course, I do like the idea of the character formally being a human thief and upon being discovered stealing from a powerful wizard was polymorphed into his current shape, and may use this concept as the backstory regardless on how we resolve it mechanically.

C:) I can cook something up in the race builder than resembles an intelligent cat.

Whatever you are most comfortable with.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

this what got so far Ragnar

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

A:) Use the "Monsters as PCs" rules. This would make the Cat Sith a CR2, and the Abilities would be Str -2, Dex +6, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha +4.

B:) Make a normal character and have them permanently polymorphed into a cat or cat sith. This will make them lose the spell-like abilities but would give a rather large (+8) bonus to dex for being a tiny creature. While I am not suggesting this is the right course, I do like the idea of the character formally being a human thief and upon being discovered stealing from a powerful wizard was polymorphed into his current shape, and may use this concept as the backstory regardless on how we resolve it mechanically.

C:) I can cook something up in the race builder than resembles an intelligent cat.

You ever looked into spheres? It has an easy way to do basically B but mechanically better. There's a small feat line which allows you to just like, be a whatever. It's Eternal Transformation. The two follow on feats of hybrid transformation and improved transformation are just ways to get extra abilities for being in cat form. This wouldn't give you the cat sith abilities specifically, instead basically be a way to build your own race.

This idea also made me chuckle because spheres actually has a literal psychic cat class, that turns you into a cat with psychic powers. Not that you're planning on using it from the sounds of things, just reminded me of it.

22. - Top - End - #52

I didn't think this was gestalt but now I am confused because so many people are bringing up monsters.

How do you read/rule Erudite from 3.5? Do you run it per table or per text? Because Erudite was badly mangled. The table says Powers per Day, the text reads "Unlike a psion, an erudite is limited to manifesting a certain number of unique psionic powers of each level per day from, the repertoire of powers he knows, according to his class level. "
    And would you rule that instead of the XP spend that powers learned would need to follow how a wizard learns new spells in Pathfinder since its meant to be basically the same thing.

There is also this, which was put out in Dragon Mag #319 which might be a little better since it doesn't require the special rulings other than the how to learn new powers outside of level up.

Barring either of those I might just go Easy Baked Wizard

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

A bunch more requests now I've ironed out what I'm doing a little more thoroughly:

- The rules for swapping feats for a combat progression.
    - Alchemy sphere with Salve, Panacea and Ambrosia.
    - More Equipment Sphere stuff: Forced Redirection Technique and Natural Materials.
    - This somewhat unusual martial tradition.
    - The Veilweaving Sphere, Chef's Armoury veil, Tooth and Veil feat, Erudite's Etchings treasure...and I guess, like, the akashic system itself because otherwise it would be rather hard to use a veil?
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Evolutionist? A lot of stuff I'm looking at would end up being kinda "magitech in fluff only". Not the same as actually playing a cyborg with special cyborg powers. Looking to make a melee/skillmonkey, if that assuages concerns.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The request for Evolutionist brought to mind a class I haven't seen in some time,. It is homebrew, so will require special approval, but it is simpler to build than a conscript, so I will request the Magitech Templar. He is basically Iron Man. I figure he should go down well in this setting. Here is the link: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...mplar-Iron-Man

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

What about adding the quickling creature template? https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...-creature-cr-3 Completely understand if it's too much cheese. Just thought it might fit the concept well.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@TankLaser007
    RE: Firearms & Technology
    as firearms were not specified to an era (yet)
    under that link you gave for technology is Technology (Weapons) in looking at that group I am going to ask about the following
    *Monowhip, Null blade, Laser pistol & Death ray
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-01-06 at 08:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Will try to get through this if I missed something or didn't adequately adresse your issue please be patient with me and let me know. 'Ere we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    Ah, I must’ve missed that

Gonna request Spellborg and Spellborg Adept intend to use it with the Soulknife, Soul Archer, and Psiborg Adept from the 3pp psionic stuff
    Spellborg is fine but not feeling Spellborg Adept.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    This sounds like a hoot! I'd like to request the Living Veil race and the Transcendent class to make some kind of weirdo magic criminal.
    These both look fine.

I'm leaning towards C and/or what has been suggested regarding SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeMonsters View Post
    I didn't think this was gestalt but now I am confused because so many people are bringing up monsters.

How do you read/rule Erudite from 3.5? Do you run it per table or per text? Because Erudite was badly mangled. The table says Powers per Day, the text reads "Unlike a psion, an erudite is limited to manifesting a certain number of unique psionic powers of each level per day from, the repertoire of powers he knows, according to his class level. "
    And would you rule that instead of the XP spend that powers learned would need to follow how a wizard learns new spells in Pathfinder since its meant to be basically the same thing.

There is also this, which was put out in Dragon Mag #319 which might be a little better since it doesn't require the special rulings other than the how to learn new powers outside of level up.

Barring either of those I might just go Easy Baked Wizard
    As someone who has built a high level Erudite and pored through pages of forums and FAQs on the topic I would rather not open this proverbial can of worms sorry. The same for the Easy Bake Wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    A bunch more requests now I've ironed out what I'm doing a little more thoroughly:

- The rules for swapping feats for a combat progression.
    - Alchemy sphere with Salve, Panacea and Ambrosia.
    - More Equipment Sphere stuff: Forced Redirection Technique and Natural Materials.
    - This somewhat unusual martial tradition.
    - The Veilweaving Sphere, Chef's Armoury veil, Tooth and Veil feat, Erudite's Etchings treasure...and I guess, like, the akashic system itself because otherwise it would be rather hard to use a veil?
    All of that looks fine, curious to see what you're cooking up.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Evolutionist? A lot of stuff I'm looking at would end up being kinda "magitech in fluff only". Not the same as actually playing a cyborg with special cyborg powers. Looking to make a melee/skillmonkey, if that assuages concerns.
    Another classic. Evolutionist is fine.

The request for Evolutionist brought to mind a class I haven't seen in some time,. It is homebrew, so will require special approval, but it is simpler to build than a conscript, so I will request the Magitech Templar. He is basically Iron Man. I figure he should go down well in this setting. Here is the link: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...mplar-Iron-Man
    This class is a must have! And was inspirational for the setting so of course approved!

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    What about adding the quickling creature template? https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...-creature-cr-3 Completely understand if it's too much cheese. Just thought it might fit the concept well.
    No. no. no. "Run Away!!!" I would have to devise encounters with lots of shovels on mountain passes. (If you know you know.)

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    @TankLaser007
    RE: Firearms & Technology
    as firearms were not specified to an era (yet)
    under that link you gave for technology is Technology (Weapons) in looking at that group I am going to ask about the following
    *Monowhip, Null blade, Laser pistol & Death ray
    I apologise I did completely fail to answer your primary question last time. Guns are considered "Emerging". The weapons you mentioned are fine, be mindful of charges and the Null Blade would earn "Special attention" from Preservers as they're considered Magitech. (would want to brandish it openly in many areas.)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I kind of figured, just wanted to speed boost really. Thanks for looking at it.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    I kind of figured, just wanted to speed boost really. Thanks for looking at it.
    If you have a need for speed look into SoM Athletics sphere.
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2024-01-06 at 09:57 AM.