New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Æterna Urbis : the Immortal City [Game Request]

TankLaser007
    I want to make certain i understand carrier crystal as you describe, for +1 i could put something like shock enhancement but not like speed as speed is +3, is that how you are working it?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TankLaser007 View Post
    Class is approved and also the O2WF. I was going to tell you to get something like Monkey Grip instead and fight with a nodachi and katana as the class feature specifically says main hand weapon must be larger than the off but decided against it. Two-weapon fighting is pretty cool and not often employed so have at it!
    Oh, yeah, I guess it does specify that the off hand has to be shorter than the main hand, huh. I had considered the Oversized Weapons Talent from the Equipment Sphere to be able to use a two-handed weapon in my main hand (looking at the Fullblade from the old Sword and Fist supplement, basically an exotic greatsword that deals 2d8 damage), but the -2 penalty (-4 on a full attack) is pretty brutal. I don't think Monkey Grip lets me use a two-handed weapon in one hand, either.

I could use Monkey Grip to wield a Large katana in my main hand and a Medium katana in my off hand, that could be fun too. Or I could follow your gracious allowance of being able to use same-sized weapons in both hands, we'll see

Edit: Would you consider allowing me to swap the maneuver progression for a Proficient progression in the Spheres of Might? Or Adept (0.75 talents per level vs 0.5 talents per level) if you feel that the maneuver progression is worth that much. I'd like to use Spheres more than the maneuvers, honestly.
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2024-01-08 at 02:04 AM.
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    TankLaser007
    I want to make certain i understand carrier crystal as you describe, for +1 i could put something like shock enhancement but not like speed as speed is +3, is that how you are working it?
    Treat as the same method for doing Weapons, so:

Carrier Crystals :
    Lesser:(+1), Shock (+1) Lesser crystal can only carry a single enhancement and total EB can't exceed +5 the total EB is +2 so this is fine
    Lesser:(+1), Speed (+3) Lesser crystal can only carry a single enhancement and total EB can't exceed +5 the total EB is +4 so this is also fine
    Greater: (+1), Shock (+1) & Speed (+3) Greater crystal can hold 2 enhancements with total EB not greater than +7 here it's +5 so this works as well.

Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Thokk_Smash View Post
    Oh, yeah, I guess it does specify that the off hand has to be shorter than the main hand, huh. I had considered the Oversized Weapons Talent from the Equipment Sphere to be able to use a two-handed weapon in my main hand (looking at the Fullblade from the old Sword and Fist supplement, basically an exotic greatsword that deals 2d8 damage), but the -2 penalty (-4 on a full attack) is pretty brutal. I don't think Monkey Grip lets me use a two-handed weapon in one hand, either.

I could use Monkey Grip to wield a Large katana in my main hand and a Medium katana in my off hand, that could be fun too. Or I could follow your gracious allowance of being able to use same-sized weapons in both hands, we'll see

Edit: Would you consider allowing me to swap the maneuver progression for a Proficient progression in the Spheres of Might? Or Adept (0.75 talents per level vs 0.5 talents per level) if you feel that the maneuver progression is worth that much. I'd like to use Spheres more than the maneuvers, honestly.
    You can swap the PoW/ToB manoeuvrers system for a SoM martial tradition and Adept progression if you want.
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2024-01-08 at 02:36 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

I realised I forgot to ask for a few things related to my Chef's Armoury veil, sorry.

- These three items.
    - Bind Hand Chakra veilweaving talent.
    - Advanced Magic Training feat.
    - Sphere Implements (particularly the property that gives an extra talent.)
    - Catalysed Treasures.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Æterna Urbis : the Immortal City [Game Request]

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    I realised I forgot to ask for a few things related to my Chef's Armoury veil, sorry.

- These three items.
    - Bind Hand Chakra veilweaving talent.
    - Advanced Magic Training feat.
    - Sphere Implements (particularly the property that gives an extra talent.)
    - Catalysed Treasures.

Those are all approved.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Treat as the same method for doing Weapons, so:

Carrier Crystals :
    Lesser:(+1), Shock (+1) Lesser crystal can only carry a single enhancement and total EB can't exceed +5 the total EB is +2 so this is fine
    Lesser:(+1), Speed (+3) Lesser crystal can only carry a single enhancement and total EB can't exceed +5 the total EB is +4 so this is also fine
    Greater: (+1), Shock (+1) & Speed (+3) Greater crystal can hold 2 enhancements with total EB not greater than +7 here it's +5 so this works as well.

Make sense?
    yes that is awesome - thankyou

okay I want to ask if you are allowing items in the same slot to be combined for the typical 50% greater cost on the lesser costed items.

I am wanting to know if you would allow the Beneficial Bandolier normally a waist slot item to be taken in the shoulder slot?

and can I combine those crystals?

I am looking at the following
    Armor
    Crystal of Aquatic Action Greater 3,000 gp
    does not impose an armor check penalty on your Swim checks and you also gain a Swim speed equal to one-half your land speed, and you also take no penalties on attacks or movement while underwater (as if under the effect of freedom of movement) and you can breathe water as easily as air.

Restful Crystal 500 gp
    Sleeping in armor that has this augment crystal attached does not make you fatigued.

Lightstep Crystal Greater 3,000 gp
    increases the wearer's speed by +10 feet and applies to all of the wearers movement modes. This speed bonus is considered an enhancement bonus. and the wearer gains a +4 bonus on Initiative checks. and the wearer may immediately reroll an initiative check once per day. She may take either result. A creature may only gain this benefit once per day, regardless of whether she uses another lightstep crystal later. This ability only functions once per day, regardless of whether another creature uses the same lightstep crystal later.

Weapon
    Truedeath Crystal Greater10,000 gp
    deals an extra 1d6 points of damage to undead. and the weapon also functions as a ghost touch weapon and the weapon can deliver sneak attacks and critical hits against undead as if they were living creatures.

Carrier Crystal Greater cost ??
    Eager +1 bonus, Force +2 bonus
    >presuming the cost as per normal weapon enhancement this would be 18,000 gp

edited
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-01-08 at 08:23 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

yes that is awesome - thankyou

okay I want to ask if you are allowing items in the same slot to be combined for the typical 50% greater cost on the lesser costed items.

I am wanting to know if you would allow the Beneficial Bandolier normally a waist slot item to be taken in the shoulder slot?

and can I combine those crystals?

I am looking at the following
    Armor
    Crystal of Aquatic Action Greater 3,000 gp
    does not impose an armor check penalty on your Swim checks and you also gain a Swim speed equal to one-half your land speed, and you also take no penalties on attacks or movement while underwater (as if under the effect of freedom of movement) and you can breathe water as easily as air.

Restful Crystal 500 gp
    Sleeping in armor that has this augment crystal attached does not make you fatigued.

Lightstep Crystal Greater 3,000 gp
    increases the wearer's speed by +10 feet and applies to all of the wearers movement modes. This speed bonus is considered an enhancement bonus. and the wearer gains a +4 bonus on Initiative checks. and the wearer may immediately reroll an initiative check once per day. She may take either result. A creature may only gain this benefit once per day, regardless of whether she uses another lightstep crystal later. This ability only functions once per day, regardless of whether another creature uses the same lightstep crystal later.

Weapon
    Truedeath Crystal Greater10,000 gp
    deals an extra 1d6 points of damage to undead. and the weapon also functions as a ghost touch weapon and the weapon can deliver sneak attacks and critical hits against undead as if they were living creatures.

Augmentation Crystals cannot be combined.

Carrier Crystal Greater cost ??
    Eager +1 bonus, Force +2 bonus
    >presuming the cost as per normal weapon enhancement this would be 18,000 gp
    The Carrier Crystal above would be 32,000 b/c there is the initial (+1) + Eager (+1) + Force (+2) total EB = +4.

I initially made them a bit pricey due to the utility and convenience of having "movable" interchangeable enchainments for weapons/armour.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Augmentation Crystals cannot be combined.

The Carrier Crystal above would be 32,000 b/c there is the initial (+1) + Eager (+1) + Force (+2) total EB = +4.

I initially made them a bit pricey due to the utility and convenience of having "movable" interchangeable enchainments for weapons/armour.
    okay what about the bandolier and combine magic items in the same slot ?

also the feat
    Elven Accuracy (Combat) - applies to bows, can I have it apply to firearms ?

in 3.5 there are the items
    Strongarm bracers (Monkey grip)

Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting
    can I use them ?
    edited
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-01-08 at 09:08 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

okay what about the bandolier and combine magic items in the same slot ?

also the feat
    Elven Accuracy (Combat) - applies to bows, can I have it apply to firearms ?

in 3.5 there are the items
    Strongarm bracers (Monkey grip)

Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting
    can I use them ?
    edited
    I missed the Bandolier question. Yes that's completely reasonable to have it take the shoulder slot. Eleven Accuracy w/ fire arms is also fine. As are the bracers and Gauntlets.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I missed the Bandolier question. Yes that's completely reasonable to have it take the shoulder slot. Eleven Accuracy w/ fire arms is also fine. As are the bracers and Gauntlets.
    um lets try a 3rd time
    as I do not know if this was addressed

combine magic items in the same slot

if I have a ring of protection can it be combined with a ring of sustenance for example ?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

The forum is eating my posts and double posting old saved posts.

Items that share a slot can be combined using the option from MiC with +50% cost of the more expensive of the two.
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2024-01-08 at 09:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

The forum is eating my posts and double posting old saved posts.

Items that share a slot can be combined using the option from MiC with +50% cost of the more expensive of the two.
    yeah no idea what is up with the forums running so slow and even getting random error messages to the site.

thanks for the answer

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

sorry for the double post
    I would like to request this set

Gwaeron's Belt 21,000 gp
    A Gwaeron’s belt has two abilities, each of which functions once per day. The first command causes your weapon to burst into flames (as the flaming weapon property) for 12 rounds.

The second command produces a wind walk effect, as the spell, but affecting only you.

When you wear both this belt and Gwaeron's Boots, you receive a special benefit. The flaming weapon property is a continuous effect requiring no activation, and affects up to two held weapons at once.

Gwaeron's Boots 6,000 gp
    While wearing these boots, you are affected as if by a pass without trace spell. In addition, you produce no smell and cannot be detected by the scent extraordinary ability.

When you wear both these boots and Gwaeron's Belt, you recieve a special benefit. Once per day, you can become invisible, as greater invisibility, for 5 rounds. In addition, you gain a +10 <Untyped> bonus to your land speed (this effect is continuous).

14. - Top - End - #104
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thought this game is something else but is PF1e which gets my interest.

Looking forward to playing a verdivant cavalier which is leshy exclusive but there is a clause: "This archetype is typically available only to vine leshys, but with the GM’s permission, other races can take it as well."

What kind of race do you allow for this archetype?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-01-08 at 10:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

I only just noticed this in the houserules...

Feats at every odd level
    Isn't this the default for Pathfinder?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry for missing these, I thought I checked the thread before but seemed to have missed them.

sorry for the double post
    I would like to request this set

Gwaeron's Belt 21,000 gp
    A Gwaeron’s belt has two abilities, each of which functions once per day. The first command causes your weapon to burst into flames (as the flaming weapon property) for 12 rounds.

The second command produces a wind walk effect, as the spell, but affecting only you.

When you wear both this belt and Gwaeron's Boots, you receive a special benefit. The flaming weapon property is a continuous effect requiring no activation, and affects up to two held weapons at once.

Gwaeron's Boots 6,000 gp
    While wearing these boots, you are affected as if by a pass without trace spell. In addition, you produce no smell and cannot be detected by the scent extraordinary ability.

When you wear both these boots and Gwaeron's Belt, you recieve a special benefit. Once per day, you can become invisible, as greater invisibility, for 5 rounds. In addition, you gain a +10 <Untyped> bonus to your land speed (this effect is continuous).
    Sorry no to the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Thought this game is something else but is PF1e which gets my interest.

Looking forward to playing a verdivant cavalier which is leshy exclusive but there is a clause: "This archetype is typically available only to vine leshys, but with the GM’s permission, other races can take it as well."

What kind of race do you allow for this archetype?
    It depends, if the ability to "grow a mount" from "you" is a main component that could possibly be re fluffed somehow. For example if you're an Android, Warforged or Forged Facsimile it could be made of nanites or components from yourself etc. if the growing the mount aspect isn't a large part and you're more interested in the features of the class like the Effloresces just refluff/reskin them to been congruent with your race/concept. In this case I don't mind you using this archetype so long is it seems "narratively sound."

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    I only just noticed this in the houserules...

Isn't this the default for Pathfinder?
    Yes this is an artefact from the previous game's 16, which LairdMoan mentioned and wasn't PF (and was gestalt) which is why I had to double check when two people thought it was gestalt I thought I had forgotten to edit that out.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@GM
    as that set was denied, which is fine I was looking for answers to speed.

Requesting
    Rapid Wrath (Ghostwalk p66)
    It is a +1 mighty cleaving shortspear. 11,702 GP.
    it doubles landspeed (untyped) and should give that benefit as a carried object

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

@GM
    as that set was denied, which is fine I was looking for answers to speed.

Requesting
    Rapid Wrath (Ghostwalk p66)
    It is a +1 mighty cleaving shortspear. 11,702 GP.
    it doubles landspeed (untyped) and should give that benefit as a carried object
    That's acceptable.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Okay my character is complete - updating table

Player Character Race Classes Complete
    Samduke Lara "Indiana" Jones Human Gunslinger Complete
    LairdMaon Pint'O'Ale Human Facsimile Dawn Zealot WIP
    - - - - -

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

So I've realized that I may have bitten off more than I can chew with the Transcendent, because I have to read *every* Veil, hahaha. So I delved more into the setting info and I think the Freethinkers are really cool. And I've always wanted to do something with Android, so I'm digging into that. Possibly still an Akashic class cause then I can do cool machine morphing stuff.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Basics
    Show
    Raun Jadeclad
    AKA

Race: Astreidi
    Affiliations:

Traits:
    Drawbacks:

Martial Tradition:
    Spoiler: Background
    Show
    WIP
    Spoiler: NPCS
    Show
    WIP

Argus0 Raun Astreidi Stormbound WIP
    - - - - -
    Last edited by Argus0; 2024-01-09 at 09:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Putting up the work in progress for Thom Jones, a former human thief/adventurer who ran afoul of a powerful wizard and was turned into a literal cat burglar.

Ancient Thom Jones Cat Swashbuckler/Matagot/Hedgewitch WIP
    - - - - -
    Last edited by Ancient; 2024-01-09 at 09:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kallimakus Ruko Leporine Striker WIP
    - - - - -

Added myself there too. Working on background and personally. I might steal that speed-boosting spear instead of Boots of Striding. Or both, for when you need to move a few hundred feet per round.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

just adding my self to the table

niw18 Ragnar Tundra Revenant Dhampir Lord Of Utter Cold Uttercold Knight ACF roughly 95 percent done

25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground

May we use "Implement Crystals", the equivalent of Weapon Crystals for Sphere Implements?

FYI I'm working on a Troubadour (Sphere class - it supports different personas, with some similarities to the 3.5 Chameleon or the Vigilante): a woman originally from outside the city who has established a presence in several "factions". She'll likely have at least a "Socialite" persona, at ease in the Heights, and an "Underground" persona for the Depths.
    Overall, a buffer - debuffer; perhaps I'll pick up some healing since we might be short on it.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

niw18 Ragnar Tundra Revenant Dhampir Lord Of Utter Cold Uttercold Knight ACF roughly 95 percent done
    Llyarden Xiliaria Taninim Draconic Exemplar Mechanically done, fluff WIP

Adding myself to the table as well.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    May we use "Implement Crystals", the equivalent of Weapon Crystals for Sphere Implements?

FYI I'm working on a Troubadour (Sphere class - it supports different personas, with some similarities to the 3.5 Chameleon or the Vigilante): a woman originally from outside the city who has established a presence in several "factions". She'll likely have at least a "Socialite" persona, at ease in the Heights, and an "Underground" persona for the Depths.
    Overall, a buffer - debuffer; perhaps I'll pick up some healing since we might be short on it.
    Do you have a link? I remember something like talent crystals that grant feats or different sphere talents at a fixed level but not sure what you're referring to here. I think an implment can take any/many forms weapons, magic item slots etc.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground

I was referring to the rules you set out for Weapon Crystals but transposed for Sphere Implements.
    Implement enchantments work like weapon enchantments, with enhancement bonuses ranging from +1 to +5 (costed the same), and implement properties which could be added to a crystal using your rules, if you allow it.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ok, finally compiled a character idea, but since there's multiple ways of accomplishing it, here are the choices for TankLaser007 to wade though...lol

Option 1- Warcrafter base class with Perplexing Essence discipline (including feats and legacy weapon), and Mangled Gear discipline. Possibly with a martial adaptation of Technomancer.

Option 2- Artisan base class going into Forgelord.

Option 3- Wizard/Psion(Shaper)/Cerebremancer (Metaforge archetype)

Option 4- Machinist

Those are in descending order of preference, so stop where you like it, and that's what I'll build.

Also, might need these as well- Ray Magitech Weapons

Basic character idea is a member of the Technoarcanæ (former Preserver) who has become so disillusioned with them that he founded an entire school of thought that combines utilitarianism and recycling. "If something isn't useful, it is pointless. Whether it's your first crafted wand held on to out of sentimentalism and completely out of charges or an Ortussian doomsday bomb that you don't know how to activate, they are both equally useless. So use them to make something not useless." So kind of a DIY Marie Kondo/Martha Stewart cross. I imagine that person to be frustrated at all the people who latched onto the idea and immediately try to overthrow the Technoarcanæ rather than do something useful.
    Last edited by Zarthrax; 2024-01-10 at 09:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    I was referring to the rules you set out for Weapon Crystals but transposed for Sphere Implements.
    Implement enchantments work like weapon enchantments, with enhancement bonuses ranging from +1 to +5 (costed the same), and implement properties which could be added to a crystal using your rules, if you allow it.
    I'll allow. Sorry I thought I was missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    Ok, finally compiled a character idea, but since there's multiple ways of accomplishing it, here are the choices for TankLaser007 to wade though...lol

Option 1- Warcrafter base class with Perplexing Essence discipline (including feats and legacy weapon), and Mangled Gear discipline. Possibly with a martial adaptation of Technomancer.

Option 2- Artisan base class going into Forgelord.

Option 3- Wizard/Psion(Shaper)/Cerebremancer (Metaforge archetype)

Option 4- Machinist

Those are in descending order of preference, so stop where you like it, and that's what I'll build.

Also, might need these as well- Ray Magitech Weapons

Basic character idea is a member of the Technoarcanæ (former Preserver) who has become so disillusioned with them that he founded an entire school of thought that combines utilitarianism and recycling. "If something isn't useful, it is pointless. Whether it's your first crafted wand held on to out of sentimentalism and completely out of charges or an Ortussian doomsday bomb that you don't know how to activate, they are both equally useless. So use them to make something not useless." So kind of a DIY Marie Kondo/Martha Stewart cross. I imagine that person to be frustrated at all the people who latched onto the idea and immediately try to overthrow the Technoarcanæ rather than do something useful.
    Firstly I love the concept. If you just bear with me maybe a day I'll get back to you on the rest. Up to the eyeballs in work at the moment should be able to get out from under it by tomorrow.