New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Evil campain 7 players pathfinder/ 3.5 IC

A simple flyover, and the goblin ceased to be a threat. Assuming, Viggu thought, that they were ever a threat in the first place, or even intended to be. But then, figuring that out was for whoever wanted the pleasure of playing nice with the goblins when they woke up. He wasn't much suited to that task, so he kept a lookout overhead.

Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    Knowledge/Geography: (1d20+17)[24]
    Perception: (1d20+17)[20]

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Spotting the door ahead where these goblins were headed towards. Well they do not seem to be much of a threat at the moment, I am going to check that door. Flying on ahead maintaining an altitude of 30ft.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Hmm, I had thought the intention was to parlay. These creatures appear to now be incapacitated. Are you able to question them while they're in this state?" Phage telepathically inquires, coming to a gentle landing near the unconscious goblinoids. His wings fold underneath the tattered cloth which hides his long decayed body. He shuffles over to one of the goblinoids and taps it with his near-skeletal foot.

"It would be trivial to convert them from this state into perfectly obedient soldiers..." Phage muses, lifting a sleeved arm to his face where dark ichor has begun to pool around his decrepit mouth, almost as though the undead being were salivating at the thought. His other bony hand inching towards the handle of the larger of the two sickles attached to his waist.

Deciding it best not to antagonize the others as they all appear quite capable in their own right, Phage skulks off to investigate the door with Marceline.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2024-01-12 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mirage would look to Phage and nod "The intention is to parley, but with them fleeing and in numbers, this would be harder to do before they escaped into that door." They gestured to where Marceline was heading toward. "Now we can wake them one at a time, they are only asleep." The sleeping effect was no different than the spell of the same name. They knelt to examine the gear the riders had, the goblins were already quite different. "These are not normal goblins, at least not from my experiences with them. They have been magically altered but why? What benefit came from making them look like this? Was it aesthetics? Or did they gain some ability from it?" The curiosity of the elemental was clear in their tone. It was a mystery and they wanted to find out what was going on. "But you are quite right control is easily performed, though I believe we have different approaches."

Mirage would look to the others as they approached the group, as the two fellows went to examine the door. "Shall we start by waking one?" they would inquire with the others looking around to see which might be the leader of the group.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Knowledge check to see if I can tell who might be the leader.
    Readying a standard action to use dominate when the one we first wake up awakens.

5. - Top - End - #35

WolfInSheepsClothing

As you come up to the pair of stone doors built into the cliffside. You see Dwarf ruins across the top of the door. "Speak Friend and enter."

You also notice two partially buried old dwarf skeletons, in the ground.

Spoiler: Door
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Unable to read the text, as it is not in the language of Demons or Devils, Phage returns to the unconscious goblinoids.

"Then let us rouse one from their incapacitated state and discover what value, if any, these pathetic creatures may offer us." Phage telepathically announces, kicking the nearest goblin, the one closest to the door, to awaken it.

7. - Top - End - #37

Bloom would land down with the others, still visible to the others. She flitted around the knocked-out goblins and did notice that they were different only after Mirage stated it. "Oh they are odd looking." She gestured to them as if to highlight the changes. Then she went looking for the one with the spyglass so she could pocket it, it was shiny and cool and she wanted it. "What's with the door?" she asked calling over to the others there. She fluttered above the sleeping goblins as if deciding which one she liked the look of best. She looked over to the Orc and the Fox duo "Everyone ok?" she inquired flying over to them "Sorry, got all distracted."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Neuro
    Warlock Vigilante | Conscript
    HP: 120/120 Init: 4
    AC: 23 F: 12 R: 13: W: 12
    Attack: 16/11

Neuro transforms back to his normal form as he jumps off Viggu, moving to one of the goblins to try and set them up. "Well lets hope they have a language one of us speak." glancing to Phage, "There is two pre skeletonized people over there that you could make into the start of the undead legion." he says pointing towards the two dwarf skeletons.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

9. - Top - End - #39

BardGuy

Moriko lands gently, and takes in her surroundings. The script above the door seems important, but the captives should be focused first. "Perhaps that woman was responsible in some way, she did claim this world to be hers. She has shown to be unable to keep her vanity to herself." She walks forward to the larger, mostly unconscious group, staff in hand. "I speak Goblin, if no one else does. I can also assist in restraining them if necessary."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

unable to read the writting, flying back to the group, Well when we are done with these guys there is some script on and around those doors that needs to be read.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

At Neuro's suggestion Phage telepathically agrees "Indeed. Although it is much more satisfying to create the remains myself, I will leave these vermin alone until all are satisfied that their value has been exhausted."

Phage then shuffles back to the door and begins to work the remains of one of the dwarfs. "This process will require only a few minutes."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Utilize the Parasite Mutation Reanimation to Animate Dead the remains into a Skeleton. Phage has a capacity of 20 HD of undead he can control this way.

While Reanimation usually requires 3 animus which only exist during combat, the animus entry for the Parasite class specifies:
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryOfMetzofitz
    "Outside combat, a parasite has no animus to spend, but can spend time outside of combat to replicate animus-based abilities in a process that requires 1 minute per point of animus that would have been spent."
    It takes 6 total minutes for Phage to animate both remains, unless they have more than 20 HD or more than 20 combined HD.

12. - Top - End - #42

WolfInSheepsClothing

Bloom got a spyglass
    Spyglass

Price 1000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

Objects viewed through a spyglass are magnified to twice their size. Characters using a spyglass take a –1 penalty on Perception skill checks per 20 feet of distance to the target if the target is visible.

Also the party has been joined by 2 level 2 fighter skeletons with 20 hp.

You awaken the goblinoid. As her attention darts from you to her mount to her comrades, then right back you. As if trying to quickly get a feeling for the situation. The says shyly As if afraid in both goblin and under common "What do you want?"
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2024-01-13 at 08:17 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Neuro

"Ah Excellent, you not only speak a language I can, but you're very quick to assess the situation you are currently in. Now I do not wish to frighten you much but that one over there is very insistent on making an army of undead and will likely start trying to do so if you cannot provide some sort of use to our little group. We've been summoned by a shiny woman and then dropped in this world when she decided we weren't pretty enough." he pauses for a moment looking at his companions. "While some of them I understand her, there is one of them that isn't even visible.. They're somewhere around here... Anycase, onwards to the questioning. Where exactly are we? And what can you tell us of this world? First day here I'm afraid. "

14. - Top - End - #44

Mirage would watch the young goblin speak. They were aware that fear was a common response to such a situation, so were impressed by the composure of the creature. Allowing Neuro to speak for them for the first few moments was wise, Neuro looked far less scary than the rest of them. But Mirage would maintain eye contact, and speak in perfect goblin. "Answer them, then answer why you are different from the goblins I have seen before." It was a curious thing to Mirage such a change was not advantageous but still, the magic involved was fascinating and Mirage wanted to learn it.

Mirage would employ Dominate (Su) 45' DC 30 will save (10 day duration)

15. - Top - End - #45

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Goblin ***** her head at you slightly like a dog that understands what you are saying but you know otherwise as she says. “Ok, it sounds like. You have had an encounter with the Goddes of light and Humans, Silvanus. Her Sister Luna the Goddess of Magic, Death and Night is more reasonable. And a lot less of a Bitch.”

As he takes a deep breath and shakes her head “As for where you are welcome to the Southern Badlands of the continent to the southeast you will find the city-state of the Oger Magi that call themselves Oni. Hobgoblins have made themselves an agreement as the second spot on the ladder. To the southwest, you have the city-state of the Necromancers. To the mountain range, you have Orc and ogre strongholds where each one has a group of orcs fighting over the title of war chief. Over there are ruins of a dwarf outpost where I and my fellow Goblina have taken up residence and even traded with the nomadic wolves some rare ores for a human Breeder. The Werewolves' last check is west of here they make golems and have odd flying buildings.
    Further up north is the Human Great Wall and Human Empire. Other than that normal Goblin tribes are everywhere. In the under dark there are Dark Elves Slavers. And then there are the Dwarves that are not Dwarves. They are very scary.”

As you take control of the creature, she continues about her race. Goblinas were first created by the Arch Magus Urtho. Why he created us I am not sure but under him, our kind were used as domestic servants and slaves. He viewed normal goblins as only good for cannon fodder in times of war. He viewed female-only creatures like lumina and gorgons as easier to control or manipulate. He was eventually assassinated by a group of werewolves of the Shadowmoon clan. He had also done some experimentation on them as well. They have his Library pool of knowledge. The Oni tribes view us as status slaves. As the nobles use in their domestic household. Under threats as being used as worse ways.”

OCC And yes in this world the Common Goblin are male only Hob Goblins and bugbears are a different subject.
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2024-01-13 at 10:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

in undercommon, Of these city-states and other areas that are occupied, which of them would you say is the weakest and which of them would you say is the most dangerous ?

17. - Top - End - #47

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Goblina poses for a moment before answering. “It is complicated. I would say you have the inside with the orcs as they have a keep-what-you-kill mentality. Numbers wise but weakest to strongest. My clan is very weak. You can find other goblin or kobold cans anywhere and they are weak. And then there are the werewolves but if you can make a contract with them, they Honour them. Mind you have to offer them something to improve their way of life. The same will be said of the Lumina / Gorgons. They are very good when you have a contract with them they always keep their end. Next, I am not sure I think the necromancers might be weaker than the Oni but if given enough time to prep. And then the Oni with their hordes of Hob Goblin elite. and goblin chaff. And the Oni themselves are impressive. And final the Dark elves.”

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Phage telepathically broadcasts, excluding the goblinoids: "I believe our next move will be best informed by our collective goals. It would also be wise to ensure presently that our interests are actually aligned."

After a very brief pause, Phage continues "I simply wish to accumulate power. I suspect the necrocracy would be an excellent place to start. We could gather an army and travel this world, taking whatever we desire. Perhaps we can browbeat some Lich into finding us a way to corrupt and siphon the human deity's power for ourselves. What are your desires and goals?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Neuro

"Well my goal right now, perhaps its to return home. I don't like sweating the small stuff too terribly much, and am currently running with the punches here. Whole pranking business thing really. But more immediate, I'd like to find something to eat and drink. "

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I think the collective goal should be to get back at the one who tossed us here in the first place, however we can. beyond that yes I too would like to return to my home.

21. - Top - End - #51

Bloom flew over to the goblina and she listened to the description of the politics of the region. She turned her head one way and then the other. The Phage asked about their desires. She frowned and made sure she was visible to the normal eye. "I want to go home, I escaped my master after so long. I wanted to return to my woods." her tone was grave. "But this woman abducted us, now we are stuck here. I want my freedom though, I want to play, hunt, and have fun however I want." she sounded almost childlike. "I don't want to rule, but I don't want to serve either. If its one or the other I know which I will pick." she looked to the other fey "Yes, we need to get back at her. How dare she call us ugly!"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Ultimately, I wish to remain in this place. The so-called goddess did me quite the favor in pulling me from the hell in which I previously resided. Even so, I suspect the Necrocracy will hold clues on both how to return you to your own worlds and how to knock that woman off her pedestal, though my priorities may be biased and I will give consideration to other preferences."

Phage remains deathly still during this telepathic conversation, the two skeletal minions now standing at either side of the ancient undead.

23. - Top - End - #53

WolfInSheepsClothing

As the Group has a hard Heart-to-heart talk planning on there as they try to set goals. The Dwarven Door opens and out comes a Goblina With a basket. As she looks at you all shocked.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

"Little choice, I think. I did not mind my world or my life when I was snatched up and inspected, but I've no ability to return. For the insult she's dealt, though, I would see her perfect little world burn or bow."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Phage and his two undead soldiers turn unnaturally toward the new goblin and they begin to shuffle towards the open door. "Let's see what lies behind this door." making no effort to communicate with the lowly goblin.

26. - Top - End - #56

Mirage would look to the new Goblina and then back to the one under their command. "Tell her I mean no harm, not to make a fuss." they looked around to the others still sleeping "Your compatriots are merely sleeping, easily roused." They informed her to make this much easier for their progression. "Invite us in, we must make plans on how to get our revenge on this Silvanus, and perhaps you can inform me more on Luna." After all a goddess of Magic, Night, and Death was right up the vampires alley. "I am Mirage, the others will introduce themselves as they see fit."

They would progress toward the entrance and spoke the door and its writing, knowing Dwarven Mirage can read its inscription. "What is the meaning of this?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Neuro

"Ah are those sandwiches for us? Amazing! I am Neuro, and I mean no harm, nor do most of my other companions here. Thank you for opening the door for us, it would have been a dreadfully difficult thing for us to open ourselves. Come come, lets say hello to your leader as well.. The village chief perhaps?" Neuro says moving closer to the goblin with a basket.

28. - Top - End - #58

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Goblina does what she is told as she goes to her knocked-out companions and waken them you find in the area behind the door. For more dwarf skeletons just pilled up to the side in the entranceway. As you continue on you see that the work is crude even by dwarf standard like it was a site in construction before it was abandoned. As you make your way into the great hall. As the goblin under your command explains that the magic door is very simple you say out loud the Dwarf word for “Friend” And the door opens.

For those without dark vision. It is a dark poorly lit area.

For everyone else (there is also a map in the occ area. fist page under major notes and maps)
    As you make your way past the more defendable gates. With a few murder holes and the ability for upgrades, you make your way into the great hold only to find a tribe of about 50 Goblina squatting in a once great dwarven city. As well as D20 skeletons more dwarf skeletons.
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2024-01-26 at 05:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Free bones!" Phage excitedly broadcasts and begins to perform the ritual to animate yet more undead. He mentally commands his current undead to guard him while he performs the short ritual. Every few minutes without interruption, another dwarf skeleton is added to his troop.

Once ten total skeletons have been animated, Phage commands the animate skeletons to gather the inanimate skeletons and place them into his haversack to serve as replacement soldiers later.

Spoiler: Skeleton army
    Show
    (1d20)[16] - how many 2 HD skeletons are here?

Phage can control up to 20 HD of skeletons. I believe these were specified to be 2 HD skeletons, so once Phage has animated a full contingent of 10 skeletons he stops and has his undead gather the remaining skeletons and place them into his Haversack to serve as replacement soldiers later.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2024-01-26 at 04:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Bloom would fly into through the gate and into the chamber with the loads of Goblina "Ooo this is pretty big!" she remarked cheerfully "Outside the sun too, loads of room." She flew around in a spiral to see everything. "I like this, its cool" she giggled and floated down near the Goblina "My name is Bloom, wanna help us get revenge on a bitchy goddess?" she smiled trying to be charming.