New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Pathfinder Kingmaker [PF2E]

I really, really, really, reeeeeeeaaaaaaally want to play more PF2E games and what better adventure to play than Kingmaker itself? The adventure runs from first level to twentieth level and I'm more than happy to run the whole thing. So let's gooooooooooo!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For generations, the Stolen Lands have spanned the southern border of Brevoy. Many attempts have been made to settle them, but to date, none have succeeded, making these 35,000 square miles of wilderness the largest swath of unclaimed land in the entire River Kingdoms.

As tensions mount in Brevoy, one of Rostland’s swordlords hopes to change that fact; she plans to issue charters to several groups of adventurers, sending them south into the Stolen Lands to reopen old trade routes and defeat the bandits and monsters who have made them too dangerous to use. By sending free agents south, this swordlord of Rostland hopes to create new allies without sacrificing her own position of power in Brevoy.

Yet as with most complex and brilliant plans, the future holds plenty of opportunities for disaster.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

System: Pathfinder Second Edition
    Player Count: Four
    Style of Play: Pre-Written Adventure Path
    Allowed Content: Anything available here. If you know of any relevant errata regarding your character, feel free to mention it.

Character Creation: Mythweavers preferred, but open to alternatives.
    Backstory: Please refer to the Player's Guide found here
    Experience: Level 1
    Wealth: 15gp
    Ability Scores: As standard
    Hitpoints/Health: As standard
    Alignment: You all have your own goals and motivations, but do try to work together for everyone's sake
    Other Notes: Free Archetype variant rules are in effect
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Pathfinder Kingmaker [PF2E]

Posting for interest! Kingmaker is fun and I'm curious to see how it goes in 2E.

Character-wise I think I'd keep things relatively simple, looking at Magus or Druid, perhaps.
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Instead, they'll say, 'How could we have known?'" - Jack Johnson
    Currently playing as:
    Polina, Goliath Drakewarden
    And a Heroforge link for her:
    Polina Gibson

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I've never played PF2e before, though I've had it on my list of things to try. An adventure beginning at level 1 seems a good place to start!
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Interested! Will think something up soon.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'll remake Vulcan as a 1st level character then. https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2864914

Inventor Gnoll - Don't know if Weapon/Armor though for item.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

I am interested in this, though I have never played Pathfinder before. I have some experience playing and running D&D (5e), Lancer, WFRP (2e), and some others. I know that Pathfinder is like the system OotS uses, and that it has something called an Urgrosh.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

I think bringing a Wood Kineticist to Kingmaker would be really fun, so that's what I'm going to work on.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Any preferred posting rate or deadline?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    I think I'll remake Vulcan as a 1st level character then. https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2864914

Inventor Gnoll - Don't know if Weapon/Armor though for item.
    Inventor does seem quite involved as far as decisions are concerned. Since the class gives proficiency in simple and martial weapons as well as light and medium armour, you've no real lack of choice.

I guess it depends on what Innovation you pick. That will define what kind of approach you have both in and out of combat, which would in turn define what kind of gear you'll want.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezus View Post
    I am interested in this, though I have never played Pathfinder before. I have some experience playing and running D&D (5e), Lancer, WFRP (2e), and some others. I know that Pathfinder is like the system OotS uses, and that it has something called an Urgrosh.
    I really like PF2E. It has reasonably good balance between classes and the fixed attribute score system is great, combat is very straightforward thanks to the three action system and I'm a huge fan of the implementation of skill feats to give players something useful outside of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Any preferred posting rate or deadline?
    The posting rate is probably something we'll ease into as we play and I assume it'll be variable anyway. Some days we might only get one player posting, other days there could be a flurry of posts. I'm pretty flexible.

As for a deadline, even though they're only first level characters and shouldn't take long to make, let's say two weeks. 26th of January. That should be plenty of time.
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2024-01-13 at 06:08 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I'm very interested because I loved the CRPG. Is having played that a problem? Either way, I've played the beginner box for PF2e and have been looking for other opportunities to give it a chance longer than just first level. Interested in playing an archer magus.
    Characters:
    None right now!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Finding that Gnolls have stats - and finding that I like their lore better in PF2e than I did in 1st edition - has made me want to make a character even more. But which class to pick? One complaint I've heard about PF2e is that if you're a martial, you end up doing the same thing every combat, so I'd like a class that gets options of some sort, like with spellcasting. Ranger or Druid seem obvious picks, but Gnolls get a penalty to Wisdom. Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daracaex View Post
    I'm very interested because I loved the CRPG. Is having played that a problem? Either way, I've played the beginner box for PF2e and have been looking for other opportunities to give it a chance longer than just first level. Interested in playing an archer magus.
    It shouldn't be an issue so long as you keep what you know and what your character knows separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    Finding that Gnolls have stats - and finding that I like their lore better in PF2e than I did in 1st edition - has made me want to make a character even more. But which class to pick? One complaint I've heard about PF2e is that if you're a martial, you end up doing the same thing every combat, so I'd like a class that gets options of some sort, like with spellcasting. Ranger or Druid seem obvious picks, but Gnolls get a penalty to Wisdom. Hmm...
    Could go Witch. Gnoll gets an intelligence boost and that's the main stat for the class. The page for Gnolls mention Bonekeepers and that they're often Witches, so you could build off of what it describes about them if you wanted a thematic spellcaster.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Gnolls for the pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Inventor does seem quite involved as far as decisions are concerned. Since the class gives proficiency in simple and martial weapons as well as light and medium armour, you've no real lack of choice.

I guess it depends on what Innovation you pick. That will define what kind of approach you have both in and out of combat, which would in turn define what kind of gear you'll want.

This is the character I'm working with. Its kinda hard cause honestly there just isn't any good hammers imo.
    Last edited by Triskavanski; 2024-01-13 at 07:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

I am very interested! Does it matter if I've played levels 1-7 in a PbP (admittedly ~8 years ago) for PF1e kingmaker?

If not then I'll pull something together. Definitely a martial character, likely a Ranger/Monk or fighter
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Withdrawn.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2024-01-29 at 08:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not familiar with how 2e is different from 1e.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    I'm not familiar with how 2e is different from 1e.
    few of the big things is the math is tighter. You get 3 actions on your turn rather than Standard, Move, Swift. You also gain one reaction. Almost everything is gained through feats, which are broken in to class, ancestry(Race), skill, and general. There are no skill points, but rather you are trained in X amount of skills and things from the start, which can improve later in how much you're trained. Attack of Opportunity isn't something that is given to everyone. Adventuring is broken up sort of phases - Prep Phase is when you memorize spells or other things. Then there is a sort of adventuring phase that is less tactical, adventuring could break into Combat phase where you roll perception for initiative usually. But sometimes there may be other skills that are rolled, such as stealth if you're sneaking around.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Here's Scout

Spoiler: Post Template
    Show
    Scout
    Goblin Ranger (Flurry) 1
    AC: 18 | HP: 22/22
    Fortitude: +7 | Reflex: +7 | Will: +4 | Perception: +6
    Hero Points: 1/1
    Conditions: None

Spoiler: Short Backstory
    Show
    Adopted and raised by a human family, he spent his childhood hunting and farming. Despite being a goblin, he was popular in his village. Once, when traveling with his father to a nearby town, it was attacked by Orcs. He helped lead the defense, fighting bravely, running in and out of cover to harass the invaders until they left, but he was a little lucky too. Since then, he is well known throughout the area as the brave goblin ranger who drove off the orcs. He found work with the local militia, scouting through the woods, which is where he got his name.

He is helpful and friendly, if a bit cautious around strangers and slow to make friendships. But once he's your friend, he becomes talkative and loyal. He's not overly charming and doesn't need to talk to new people, but he is not shy or afraid to talk to others especially about business or tactics.

Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2024-01-24 at 01:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

So I was inspired by the Player's Guide and decided to make a Wood-sprite Witch, one who has spent a large part of the past 100 years or so near Pitax, but came to Brevoy recently (his pleas having fallen on deaf ears in Pitax) to seek out ways to restore balance to nature in the forests of the Narlmarches. He can feel the land is hurting, and it didn't seem like "home" anymore when he passed through on his way to Restov.

Merwyn Seagull had always been fascinated by books as a different way the mortals used trees to pass along knowledge. When he came across a newly-deceased-wizard's familiar the two became friends and it shared with him how its old master had been able to get magic from books. Merwyn's tried that before with no luck, but when the cat explains it, it all just makes so much sense.

Question for InfernallyClay:
    Is a sprite/ardande ok as an ancestry? I was debating defaulting back to Elf or Gnome if you want something a little tamer. Though if the rest of the party is goblins and gnolls it might not seem so weird.

Edited to add: The in-progress sheet I'd put together for Merwyn.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2024-01-15 at 01:50 PM.
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archemist View Post
    Is a sprite/ardande ok as an ancestry? I was debating defaulting back to Elf or Gnome if you want something a little tamer. Though if the rest of the party is goblins and gnolls it might not seem so weird.

Edited to add: The in-progress sheet I'd put together for Merwyn.
    I see no reason to limit ancestries based upon rarity. Unless I'm missing something the rarer ones aren't more powerful or anything. They're just more unusual.

Of course I am going to require that you pick the Corgi Mount feat because I need that in my life. I am being very serious, obviously.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Of course I am going to require that you pick the Corgi Mount feat because I need that in my life.
    YES! Me too! I was dismayed when I saw forums saying that the Witch class familiar and the Corgi familiar couldn't be meshed together. I would happily do that instead of the wings though, if you're ok with it.
    Spoiler: corgi!
    Show
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archemist View Post
    YES! Me too! I was dismayed when I saw forums saying that the Witch class familiar and the Corgi familiar couldn't be meshed together. I would happily do that instead of the wings though, if you're ok with it.
    Spoiler: corgi!
    Show
    If you take the Corgi Mount feat, you can consider it your Witch familiar. I don't know why that would be an issue and it's one less stat block for us to track. Do keep the errata for Independent in mind, though. Your corgi can't get the free action while you're riding it.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

If you take the Corgi Mount feat, you can consider it your Witch familiar. I don't know why that would be an issue and it's one less stat block for us to track. Do keep the errata for Independent in mind, though. Your corgi can't get the free action while you're riding it.
    Yeah, definitely understood - I'd been planning on keeping the familiar close at hand anyhow, and not go charging into battle with it. Not about to go Cavalier with this build, lol.
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I am very interested! Does it matter if I've played levels 1-7 in a PbP (admittedly ~8 years ago) for PF1e kingmaker?

If not then I'll pull something together. Definitely a martial character, likely a Ranger/Monk or fighter
    Just remember to keep your own knowledge separate from that of your character and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Thyrra Vardiir, Wolf-torn Daughter
    AC: 18 | HP: 20 | Current: 20 | Hero Points: 1
    Fortitude: +7 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +5 | Perception: +7
    Active Effects: None.
    Conditions: None.

Spoiler: APPEARANCE
    Show
    Work in Progress ...

Spoiler: PERSONALITY
    Show
    Work in Progress]

Spoiler: BACKGROUND
    Show
    Work in Progress

Quick question, how fast & loose are you intending on playing with the Uncommon traits, etc? Thyrra is currently using a Dwarven War Axe obtained via Unconventional Weaponry, however, as a Fighter she's already proficient, etc ... it's just because RAW, she'd need the feat to have it available at creation. If that's not something that you will be enforcing there are other, more flavorful feats I could pick given her ancestry. Right now she is built conservatively, with the feat, but I would swap it, given the opportunity. Thanks!
    The weapon has the dwarf trait and is very explicit that only dwarves may use or select it, so I'm going to have to say you will indeed need Unconventional Weaponry to use it.

I will say, however, that you won't need to pick up Unconventional Expertise at level 13. Unconventional Weaponry states that "for the purpose of determining your proficiency, [the Dwarven War Axe] is a martial weapon" so Unconventional Expertise sounds redundant to me.

You should just have expert proficiency in the Dwarven War Axe now because it's a martial weapon to you and you can gain master proficiency with it at level 5 if you choose the axe group for Fighter Weapon Mastery (increasing to legendary proficiency at level 13 if you choose axe then too).
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2024-01-16 at 09:01 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Are you still open? Wanted to make sure before submitting a concept. Was thinking some kind of gunslinger.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Table time! And yeah I think we're still open, Infernally Clay had said until the 26th and most folks don't have sheets posted yet.

Player Character Ancestry Class
    Archemist Merwyn Seagull Sprite/Ardande (and Corgi) Witch
    BobTheWizard Scout Goblin Ranger
    Triskavanski Vulcan Gnoll Inventor
    Zero Prime Thyrra Vardiir Human (Beastkin: Wolf) Fighter
    Last edited by Archemist; 2024-01-18 at 11:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

I see. Thank you.

She is a Human (Beastkin; Wolf) Fighter.
    This two sites are acting up a lot...

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

I've never played PF2e before, though I've had it on my list of things to try. An adventure beginning at level 1 seems a good place to start!
    I'm in the same boat. I've played the CRPG, and am intimately familiar with 3.5+ D&D, but not super familiar with Pathfinder. Will this be noob friendly, or should I look elsewhere?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Postmodernist View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I've played the CRPG, and am intimately familiar with 3.5+ D&D, but not super familiar with Pathfinder. Will this be noob friendly, or should I look elsewhere?
    I can make it noob friendly, don't worry.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Just letting people know I am making a combat medic.