New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Kingmaker [PF2E]

@Infernally Clay Thanks for the feedback ... Thyrra is complete now Appearance, Background & Personality are all done. My planned build is, essentially, a sword & board fighter with the Beastmaster dedication for a good old flanking buddy. I am planning on going with a Wolf companion ... something that hints at her Beastkin heritage. In my mind's eye her mother was a member of a beastkin tribe, fell in love with Hallsbjorn, a widower with two sons born of his deceased wife. When Thyrra was born, her mother was forced, by the beastkin community, to move on, breeding outside of the tribe was outlawed. She she, regretfully, left. Thyrra never questioned the age gap between her brothers and herself, and that's why Hallbjorn and her brothers never mentioned her mother. It may be possible that her mother's pack is somewhere in the Stolen Lands, and that could be a subplot we end up exploring.

As for her Beastmaster archetype ... I figure she, basically, already has her animal companion ... somewhat familiar with Kingmaker from the CRPG ... I figure we won't hit level 2 until we are on the road to the Stolen Lands, so Fenrir (her wolf) is likely just chilling in the woods while Thyrra goes to the Aldori Manor for the feast and will meet her on the road when she levels to 2nd.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, so I'm going to go with Armor. Weapon has a good beginning and end innovation but nothing really in the middle for Earth Breaker.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to use Built in Tools to put in something like a lantern into my armor.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I making a Rostlander Halfling Rogue, not quite finished but here's the sheet so far

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    I can make it noob friendly, don't worry.
    I'm weirdly thinking a sort of "greater good" sort of not-quite-evil-but-definitely-creepy vizier type character. Infernal bloodline tattooed sorcerer with maybe the Captivator archetype, if that makes sense. I'm not certain this is even the right sort of way to think about my character in PF2E. High charisma, devil-y spells to manipulate and deceive, but not afraid to zot with the firepower classics.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowz1797 View Post
    Interested! Will think something up soon.
    Sheet done (I think; admittedly haven't played PF in a loooong time). Happy to provide more background details if necessary!

Introducing:

Ariel Etham, a human bard looking to forge his own legacy as one of the storytelling greats/reclaim his bardic family's renown.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Table update!

Player Character Ancestry Class
    Archemist Merwyn Seagull Sprite/Ardande (and Corgi) Witch
    BobTheWizard Scout Goblin Ranger
    Postmodernist Tattooed Sorcerer?
    Shiro_Nogard Combat Medic?
    Shadowz1797 Ariel Etham Human Bard
    Thunder999 Sildeth Everworth Twilight Halfling Rogue
    Triskavanski Vulcan Great Gnoll Inventor
    Zero Prime Thyrra Vardiir Human (Beastkin: Wolf) Fighter

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Still on. But had weather problems.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

I think this sheet is basically complete. Please keep in mind it's my first Pathfinder character, so please don't hesitate to call out any errors, or let me know if there are any questions. Thanks!

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    You do not understand the true nature of power, as I do. My line has served since the earliest days of the Taldor Empire. Some say we helped bring about its downfall. A preposterous claim - tearing down an Empire is too great an act for even a family as great as ours to accomplish.

We merely helped. Grand Prince Stavian’s paranoia couldn’t have lived solely in his mind.

The Daughters of Defiance have existed since The Queens of the Night unified. Each of the Whore Queens cultivated a line of mortal servants, imbuing each with their infernal might. The blood of Eiseth, the Erinyes Queen, runs in my veins. We have infiltrated royal lines and noble families among all the nations of Golarion.

My mother’s purview was Brevoy, and the blood of the Winged Serpent wormed its way within House Surtova. She came of old Surtovan stock, her people pirates and raiders before Choral the Conqueror came. When Nikos bent the knee and gave Myrna to Choral Rogarvia, we never forgave him, and the blood of Hell’s Valkyrie called us forth. They ruled for 200 years, and then some 25 years ago, House Rogarvia disappeared. No one knows how, or why.

Mummy might have had something to do with that.

House Surtova graciously accepted the throne, King Noleski’s blood fitting the bill as heir to the Ruby Fortress. Coincidence, of course. Ours Is The Right, With Sword and Flame and all that. A new day has dawned, and alliances once gain shift. We have plans. The unruly dragons of Rogarvia have fallen away, and now it is time for the eagles of Orlovsky to fall. Only one pair of black wings can fly above the Broken Lands.

But not for me. Mother has sent me south, to these accursed hinterlands for my “training.” Here I am to aid in the establishment of this fledgling kingdom, and guide its development. The Daughters of Defiance will continue their quiet labors here, shaping the future for Eiseth. These people are simple, but they take their oaths seriously. Perfect grounds for finding potential signees for infernal contracts. While I despise being in this repugnant backwater, I shall shroud my disdain. For this place is a garden, and in its rich loam shall I plant the seed of my power.

Spoiler: Sample Imagery
    Show

Using embrace the pit.

Last edited by Postmodernist; 2024-01-24 at 12:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Alright, so I'm going to go with Armor. Weapon has a good beginning and end innovation but nothing really in the middle for Earth Breaker.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to use Built in Tools to put in something like a lantern into my armor.
    Still wondering on this here.

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGirl

I really should sit down and work on a sheet... I'm just not sure where to begin, and thus not sure how much time it'll take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Hathor Raven, Vishkanya with aasimar heritage. He was born in Vudra on the Casmaron peninsula.
    He considers himself a child of the boom. Which doesn't fit very well with his acquaintances, but at the end of the day they accept it anyway. For them it may be enough, but for him, like a good Vishlanya, he wants to be recognized.

Hathor is a somewhat contradictory person. He considers himself an upright person but has proven to be quick with his fingers. He trained as a combat medic but carries a combined weapon that allows him to deal damage from close range or from afar. He seeks to be part of a group but is out of tune with his addiction to the card game. He does not see it as contradictory, he at the end of the day wants to be the same.

He would physically look like a half-elf if it weren't for his sharp fangs, pointed ears, and his penchant for firearms. This has brought conflict in several aspects of his life but he prefers to let it go. It's not his fault that people are so blind to everything.

Note: Finishing character sheet. I'll post it tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Emma Cailean
    Show

Character Sheet

A tall, lithe woman with pale skin and mismatched blue and violet eyes that mark her out as a Dream May, Emma Cailean is the product of a Caydenite orphanage in Restov. Abandoned by her hag mother, she was taken in by the priests and raised on stories of adventure and derring-do. Taller than most children her age and enthralled by stories of the Lucky Drunk and the brave heroes who followed his example, Emma quickly developed a stubborn streak a mile wide, especially when it came to being told she couldn't do something. At the age of 15, she participated in a tournament for local youths, and while her street-honed "swing the wooden stick at the other person" style didn't net her the win, her drive managed to impress one of the local nobles into offering her a sponsorship to the Aldori Academy anyway. After graduating from the Academy in the spring before last, Emma has begun chafing under the expectations of her former sponsor, irate at the expectation that she serve as a dangerous-looking ornament rather than a proper adventurer; having spent almost a year as a status symbol masquerading as a bodyguard, Emma is ready for any chance to slip the social expectations placed upon her by Restov and strike out on a proper adventure!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Hathor Raven
    https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2871678

Mostly done. Just need to add 1 or 2 things.

14. - Top - End - #44

NecromancerGirl

Working on a character now, should be done soon, at least with the mechanics.

...I know I said earlier that I didn't want to play a martial character because of lack of in-combat options, but I thought, "You know what, I've got art of a Gnoll character and she's a Barbarian, I'll make her instead of the Witch I was working on. Besides, lack of choices isn't a bad thing for my first time with PF2e... and, looking at the list of applicants, we have no Barbarian." This ought to be faster to make, anyway.

EDIT: Got a sheet. Still need to double-check equipment, but I think she's pretty much done. I'm really not sure where to put features like the Barbarian Instinct, though.

Updated table:

Dusk Raven Gaera Gnoll Barbarian
    Shiro_Nogard Combat Medic?
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-01-26 at 02:07 PM.
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Updated table:

Shiro_Nogard Hathor Raven Vishkanyan Gunslinger (trigger gun)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    Updated table:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    Updated table:
    Postmodernist's sheet is at post #38 above.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2024-01-26 at 04:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    Postmodernist's sheet is at post #38 above.
    Cheers, thanks for noting that. Again - any feedback or insight on my sheet would be appreciated. It's wild how daunting new systems are, even when you're pretty familiar with RPG character creation in general. I suppose I should flesh out my attacks (she's a level 1 pseudo-Bene Gesserit sorcerer, it's gonna be cantrips) and maybe buy some extra items. I've noticed that magic item pricing is seriously different than that of 3.5. Is it appropriate to take like potions or level 1 utility scrolls or similar, given that they're 4gp and I don't use much equipment?
    Last edited by Postmodernist; 2024-01-26 at 05:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Updated table:

Postmodernist Sharsya Alvadul Human Sorcerer (Diabolist)
    z3r0gamer Emma Cailean Human (Changeling) Swashbuckler

I hope I haven't missed anybody.
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Instead, they'll say, 'How could we have known?'" - Jack Johnson
    Currently playing as:
    Polina, Goliath Drakewarden
    And a Heroforge link for her:
    Polina Gibson

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks @Bobthewizard and @ Archemist. I've been working on little sleep and was in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmodernist View Post
    Cheers, thanks for noting that. Again - any feedback or insight on my sheet would be appreciated. It's wild how daunting new systems are, even when you're pretty familiar with RPG character creation in general. I suppose I should flesh out my attacks (she's a level 1 pseudo-Bene Gesserit sorcerer, it's gonna be cantrips) and maybe buy some extra items. I've noticed that magic item pricing is seriously different than that of 3.5. Is it appropriate to take like potions or level 1 utility scrolls or similar, given that they're 4gp and I don't use much equipment?
    I would also like feedback on my character sheet. First PF2E character.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Oh don't rush yourself. We can extend the deadline by a few days, say Wednesday, just in case anyone else also needs a little more time.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Oh don't rush yourself. We can extend the deadline by a few days, say Wednesday, just in case anyone else also needs a little more time.
    Did you see my question earlier?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

For whatever it's worth, I was all set to submit a character until I previewed my post and thus discovered that I am so new here as to currently not be allowed to post any links, which means no linking to my character sheet either. I expect this would make participating in games rather impractical, so… good luck everybody, I suppose?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

You could put in the parts of the sheet link that can be mended till you are not new.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post

For the sake of simplicity let's say that you can use the feat on any non-magical adventuring gear of 5gp or less, weighing no more than 2 bulk together. Probably don't really need it to be limited to just things with "tool" in the name.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, if the deadline is being extended to Wednesday, I saw this and thought it might be neat to give PF2E a try. Working on a good old human rogue, will hopefully be done by Wednesday.

Postmodernist Sharsya Alvadul Human Sorcerer (Diabolist)
    z3r0gamer Emma Cailean Human (Changeling) Swashbuckler
    Esprit15 Laila Hakobyan Human (Human) Rogue (Scoundrel)
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2024-01-29 at 05:08 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

I keep thinking about this, I may try and make a character today.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

27. - Top - End - #57

RedWizardGuy

Added description and persoanlty to my sheet at last, so should be ready.

28. - Top - End - #58

NecromancerGirl

Oh, right, I still need to make a backstory and such for my character. Since we're level 1, it doesn't even need to be very long, but I should still work on it soon...

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

I just gave a description and an impression that hints at a backstory.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Application withdrawn.
    Last edited by TheRagingKobold; 2024-02-12 at 12:43 AM.