New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Junkyard Wars XLV: Serenity + Healing - Paladin

I'll start to make judgement today or tomorrow. It was hard IC round.
    If you could make anything and everything welcome to the Zinc Saucier XLV: Figaro

My competition's medals.

Spoiler: For purposes of clarity
    Show
    1109 is September, 11 - my birthday.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by loky1109 View Post
    I'll start to make judgement today or tomorrow. It was hard IC round.
    Which aspects of judging did you find to be particularly hard this round?
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    Which aspects of judging did you find to be particularly hard this round?
    Amount. I need to look back many times to make judgement ... mmm ... coherent (and there still were some incoherent moments). And forum's issues sometimes pissed me off completely.
    Plus, I tried to make Originality part more clear and less "by eye" and... I was needed to remake it for five or six entries, because first metrics operated with too large values (I had two entries with 5+ in originality and one with 1- - it didn't look right).
    And of course some entries were too creative. Which is great, but hard to evaluate. )))
    If you could make anything and everything welcome to the Zinc Saucier XLV: Figaro

My competition's medals.

Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Voting for the next round has begun!

Returning from their solid showing last time around, we have:

Sphinxes and Scarabs: Glorious Servitor + Necromancy Spells - Cleric

Shadows' Sting: Scorpion Wraith + Favored Enemy – Ranger

The Right Man For The Gob: Skill Mastery + Stonedeath Assassin – Exemplar

And accompanying them are four new contest ideas, some courtesy of myself, others proposed by viewers like you!

Robin Smooth: Charming the Arrow + Ambush Feats - Craven

Signature Sword: Weapon Specialization + Bond with particular weapon - Fighter
    ('Bond' defined as anything that links your character to one specific instance of a weapon - not merely a kind of weapon, it must be one particular longsword or dagger or bow or whatnot)

Men are from Mars, Demons are from Deimos: Thrall of X + Fear - Imperious Command
    (That is, any class whose name starts with 'thrall of')

Perfected Pugilist: Improved Unarmed Strike + Any Type-Changing Class - Monk
    (As stated before, this covers any class that eventually changes a character's type)

As always, for your vote to be considered valid you must vote for three of these options.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2024-02-25 at 06:53 PM.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll vote for Robin Smooth, Signature Sword, and Demons are from Deimos.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

My 3:

Sphinxes and Scarabs: Glorious Servitor + Necromancy Spells - Cleric

Signature Sword: Weapon Specialization + Bond with particular weapon - Fighter
    ('Bond' defined as anything that links your character to one specific instance of a weapon - not merely a kind of weapon, it must be one particular longsword or dagger or bow or whatnot)

Perfected Pugilist: Improved Unarmed Strike + Any Type-Changing Class - Monk
    (As stated before, this covers any class that eventually changes a character's type)

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sphinxes and scarabs.
    The gob
    Demons

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Signature Sword, Shadows' Sting, and Robin Smooth for me.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Signature Sword
    Perfected Pugilist (Q: I just need level in type changing class or need actual change?)
    Men are from Mars, Demons are from Deimos (Q: Including Thrall of prestige classes from Magazines?)

My competition's medals.

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadow's Sting, Robin Smooth, and Signature Sword for me.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

(Q: I just need level in type changing class or need actual change?)
    Let's go with 'actual change'. Maybe I should reword it as 'class-derived type change' to remove the ambiguity.

(Q: Including Thrall of prestige classes from Magazines?)
    I think we've got enough variety in the printed Thrall classes that there's no need to introduce the accessibility issues that come with relying on dragon magazine content. I'm interested in introducing some dragon magazine material in future rounds, just not sure if this is the time.

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Pugilist, Sword, Gob
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I passed the equator. If all will be okay I should make it done tomorrow.

My competition's medals.

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler: Simon Tam
    Show
    Spoiler: Originality
    Show
    I can't say any of the ways to get Cha into saves were very surprising for me. But Shaman is one of the most expected - it's a full divine caster after all! Swordsage also isn't a surprise. Citadel Elite is. I heard about it for the first time, maybe second (-0.5).
    Halfling... Not surprising nor expected (+0).
    Your feat selection is truly unexpected. Nobody expected the Dragonmark feats (+0.75)!
    Other selections... Nothing wowed me (+0).

Total: 3.5

Spoiler: Power
    Show
    Offense You have good AB, some good attack options thanks for ten Swordsage levels, but your damage isn't great (+0.75).
    Defense You have great saves (and Evasion), not bad hp, good AC, great variety of martial and magical defensive options (+1.5).
    Utility You have great mobility options, some useful divinations, not bad skills. Very good (+1.25).
    Flexibility and Endurance As Swordsage 10 you're online full day every day. Amount of Shaman's spells isn't great, but they aren't your main focus. Also you have very good numbers of Dragonmark's SLA uses and not bad turn attempts (+1.25).

I dislike how hard times are for you at your early levels in several subcategories here, it'll cost you -0.5.
    Total: 4.5

Spoiler: Elegance
    Show
    Your main combo. Revivify + extra action points from Prophecy's Hero. It doesn’t work as well as you describe. While, yes, you can get free AP and fuel free resurrection, but... entering prophetic favor is full round, casting Revivify is standard. Highly likely you overstay the 1 round deadline of Revivify. You need to turn on your prophetic favor beforehand or spend your regular AP. It's still working, but with less efficiency (-0.25).

You used "113% casualties" wording. This means at least 113 Revivify uses, maybe multiply more... Isn't it too much? And anyway "Not one of our agents has ever died permanently on a mission he’s been on" sounds too ambitious with his resurrection method for me (-0).

It would be preferable to see spent skill points, not the ranks in the table, but it isn't an issue. Also it'd be better if R# here "R# means retrained at level equal to number" was more clear described as Swordsage level and not character level, I was slightly confused (-0).

This is slightly cross-setting to make Shaman for Eberron, but it isn't big deal either (-0).

Do you really need to start with Wis 18? You have +5 ASI and ended with Wis 23. Is it that much better than 22? I usually don't penalize odd abilities, but this is 3 point buy points (-0.25).

Spoiler: UoC
    Show
    You clearly are the healer. You have several ways to cure hp, ability damage and drain, you could resurrect people often. Well, you maybe aren't good as cleric 20, but it's the core of your entry (+2.25).
    For Serenity you have divine grace (whatever) and turn undead. You don't have lay on hands and smite evil, this works against you. But you have good uses for turns and Simon is a very Wis oriented character, he adds Wis to AB, to AC, to Fortitude, to Dragon Prophesier (and through that to Dragonmark) uses, to Shadow Hand strikes' damage. Very good Wis-SAD, it's worth something (+1.75).

Total: 4

Total: 16.5

Spoiler: Meepo 7.5.A
    Show
    Show
    As I said earlier Shaman is very obvious for me. As like Mystic Wanderer, well, maybe MW is less obvious. Fleshwarper... I often look at this PrC, but I didn't see it used before (-0.5).
    Necropolitan kobold... At least it isn't DWK, but anyway I didn’t even raise an eyebrow (-0.25).
    Feats... Maybe only Wyrmgrafter slightly surprised me (-0.25).
    Other things... I saw trap abuse to get unlimited buff/cure many times (-0.25).
    Total: 1.75

Show
    Offense Your attacks and damage are ridiculous, yeah, you have some options with grafts and you have Profane Lifeleech, but offense isn't yours (+0.5).
    Defense Good saves, bad hp, AC... I don't see big room for improvement (+0.5).
    Utility Good variety of skills, great teammates improving potential, various item creation options, and you could make money. Great (+1.25).
    Flexibility and Endurance You have limited, but big graft reserve, have good amount of spells, rebuke attempts good enough, too. Plus your numerous items (+1.25).

And I give you +1 in general for 9th level spells.

Show
    Okay... I'll not going stupid RAW way, and shall not say Serenity doesn't work with Rebuke undead only with Turn (-0).

Your skill presentation. It's hard to read. I don't see spent skill points, I need to calculate it by myself (-0.25).

You spent 8 skill points at 4th level, you spent 8 skill points at 13th level (-0.25). And your overall skill selection.. Do you really need Craft (Woodcarving) more than extra 2 ranks in the Profession (Herbalist) which would give you synergy for Heal? Or your Concentration, you have only +0 Cha and it's a significant skill to max it. Plus your skill points distribution is slightly... chaotic, it made my job harder, but I already penalized you for that (-0).

Apprentice feat.
    First of all, it gives 2 extra skill points. You didn't use it.
    Second, it gives you in-class Knowledge (nature) and UMD only until 5th level! After that UMD isn't in-class for you until you enter Fleshwarper (-0.25).

Why did you give me a broken link? Didn't you check it (-0.25)?

Some judges penalized Necropolitan, but I'm ok with it (-0).

I'm not ok with your stats! You get 18 at the start and end with 23. You get Con 10 and Necropolitan. Why did you waste your points (-0.25)?

You have wrong BAB at 8th level, wrong will at 18th, you have wrong line in spell table at 16th (-0.25).

Your snapshots look slightly sparingly, but it's ok (-0).

Show
    You're Shaman and have good healing options. But you're Evil Shaman, so you need to prepare cures if you want to use them. Well, for you - undead - it could be even better. You have Profane Lifeleech for self-healing, Touch of Healing for healing others. With Profane Lifeleech and Touch of Healing at least you will have full hp. Also you are a Fleshwarper. Grafting is a good alternative way to fix mutilations. And your items and traps of course. Give you a full mark here +2.5 points.
    Serenity... Well, you use it. +6 to saves instead of +0, and 9 rebukes instead of 3, but... That's all. Only Wis synergy you have is extra slots. Even more, you are a Mystic Wanderer, it'd be great for you to have a big Cha - Cha to AC is a rare option which you don't use (+1).

Total: 13.25

Spoiler: Alexander Parsnips
    Show
    Show
    Okay. You didn't surprise me with anything. Race, classes, feats, nothing.
    Total: 1

Show
    Offense You are good. Many strikes, some useful swift spells (while I want to know what exactly!), Knowledge Devotion. You have options here (+1.25).
    Defense Good saves, while not the best possible, average hp, good AC, I sure some protective spells (+1).
    Utility Broad variety of skills but all have average numbers, some options from spells I think, some mobility from maneuvers (+0.75).
    Flexibility and Endurance Maneuvers are almost unlimited, spells - opposite, and you really want more turns. Doesn't matter how many you have - you want more (+1).
    Total: 4

Show
    First. "The Ruby Knights are a crusader order in the service of Wee Jas." Not Cayden Cailean, and no "but this was built according to 3.5 rules" isn't enough. Have you really not found a suitable 3.5 deity? At least with not almost opposite Alignment (-0.5)?

Holy Vindicator 4
    Be more careful (-0).

(Swordsage) - Weapon Focus (Diamond Mind): Rapier
    Quote Originally Posted by ToB, p. 16
    Weapon Focus: At 1st level, you gain the benefit of the Weapon Focus feat for weapons associated with the chosen discipline.
    "Weapons" means you don't need select, you get it for all discipline weapons (-0.25).

Do you really need to spend all these skill points on various Knowledges at 1st level? You could enter Cloistered Cleric, get all Knowledges you want, and trade Knowledge domain after that (-0).

Spoiler: Skills
    I'm sure this isn't “skills”. I don't know what we missed, but I'm ok without it (-0). Actually, reading your feats three times was slightly too much. At the table? Ok. Full Breakdowns? Ok. Just a List? Why? It didn't make any sense, it just exists.

Wrong Will at 5th level. It only once - is excusable (-0).

It'd be better if you wrote Swordsage 1 or Ruby Knight Vindicator 3 in the table (-0).

Your stats. You need skill points very much. Why not place 2 points from Wis into Int? You anyway will end with 18 Wis. Or you need 19 for something (-0.25)?

And talking about skill points... You're Human, do you remember? Humans have additional skill points. You missed them (-0.25).

You have a mess in the spell progression table. Looks like you replaced levels in main table at some moment, but forgot about spells tables (-0.25).

Show
    You are very good at healing. Better in fight, but out also have some options. I don't ready to give you a full mark, but it's close +2.25 points.
    Serenity... You got it only at 12th level. You use it for turns and one smite evil per day. And saves of course. But... I don't see the point. Why not just get high Charisma? Why do you need Wisdom? It's your main spellcasting stat? Yeah... 14 would be enough. Spontaneous Healer 2 extra uses? It isn't a serious reason. Serenity looks like a waste feat for you. I give you +0.25 points, because it isn't completely useless and for character as it is it's good, but that's all. This character made by point buy shouldn't be like that.

Total: 2.5

Total: 11

Spoiler: Nameless One
    Show
    Show
    Martyred Champion of Ilmater is the least expected way to get Divine Grace for me. Death Delver isn't expected either, Binder is so so, Lion Barbarian? All things were so good (+0.5).
    Your race selection... Well, anthro bat is a well known race, but Werebear Mongrelfolk is something very new (+0.25)!
    Luck feats, Rage feats and Power Attack in the healing round? Wow (+0.75)!
    And all things that you did with your entry, way to meet theme, Reincarnation idea, all this is very unique (+0.25)
    Total: 4.75

Show
    Offense You are a barb-pouncer with great Str, but your BAB is only 12. You have three natural attacks and a good unarmed strike. But that's all you can (+0.75).
    Defense Good saves, great hp (while you want to spend them), AC... isn't your point, fear immune, DR, Diehard, some other defensive abilities are good addition, but your main tactics looks too dangerous (+1).
    Utility Skills... not great, while slightly useful. Death Delver's spell list... aren't the best repertoire. Deathsense and Death ward are situationally useful (+0.25).
    Flexibility and Endurance You have several problems here.
    First: spell slots - too few.
    Second, Constitution damage is brave! But you have a limited Constitution. Yes, big, but still limited. And it's a very vital stat for melee type. You could be a good healer and bad (dead) fighter or good fighter and bad healer. Or bad healer and bad fighter if you'll try to combine.
    Third, You are Afflicted Lycanthrope. This means, yes, involuntary changes every full moon (and not only, but this is for the Elegance section). It creates difficulties. I'll give you +0.25 points in this subcategory because as a charger you are very good. Until you start trying to be a healer.

Total: 2.25

Show
    And involuntary changes. Until 19th ECL you have chances to fall DC 25 Control Shape check! Every full moon (which was pointed in the Power). And more importantly - "after accumulating enough damage to reduce his hit points by one-quarter" which is your main idea - to accumulate damage and reduce hit points. It is a problem. Well, you still can use your healing by RAW, but I'm sure there are DMs who will not agree with it. And anyway, it could case RP problems, not everybody loves lycanthropes (-0.25).

Your Werebear feats. Yes, "feats" template description section was wrote terribly. But, if you look at examples many things will become clearer. You don't get animal's feats as bonus and regular HD feats. You get animal's feats until they fill regular HD feat slots and exceeded became bonus feats. You couldn't get Nimbus of Light and Stigmata. The best option is to change the base animal's feats before applying the template, but I expect many raised eyebrows if you ask DMs about brown bear with Nimbus of Light and Stigmata. If we use paragraph "Lycanthropes as Characters", you could get Nimbus of Light and Stigmata, but you don't get any bonus feats apart from Iron Will: "Racial Feats: Add the animal’s Hit Dice to the base character’s own Hit Dice to determine how many feats the character has." (-1).

Your skill points. With 6 animal HD you get 18 SP. You spent 15. And your skill presentation isn't good. I want to see spent skill points and which skills are cross-classed (-0.25).

You have wrong Will at 16th level (-0).

I'm glad you didn't select a race for reincarnation by yourselves. Let it be so, not a problem. But reincarnation itself... Reincarnate is a 4th level druid spell. It costs at least 1,000 gp and you need a loyal Druid of at least 7th level. While you are 2nd level. It isn't completely impossible, but a highly unlikely situation. And you anyway don't have 1,280 gp at 2nd level to pay for the spellcasting service of druid (-0.5). Same complaint about were-bear you want to find to be bitten by (no additional penalty).

ECL 13: Stigmata + Holy Suffering (MCoI 5)+Heal skill:
    Stigmata deals CON damage and therefor HP damage.
    Yes, Stigmata does deal CON damage and no, Con damage doesn't cause HP damage. It causes decreasing hp, not damage. So this doesn't work (-0.25).

I usually don't like alignment changes, but you use were-bear for this and I like it (+0.25).

You didn't source Spiritual Totem Barbarian (-0).

Do you really need "+1 level of Death Delver casting" instead of extra feat at 17th? You get one 2nd level slot. Is it worth it (-0)?

Show
    You could heal. Have several ways to do this. Could heal hp damage and diseases via Stigmata, you have +19 Heal skill check, some healing spells, Healing Devotion and Naberius. You are a very unique healer, but not the greatest one. And the healing part of your build contradicts the melee part of your build (+1.75).
    Serenity at 12th (actually 14th) level only? Not good. But it gives you +7 ability modifier surplus, which is good. Not the good part is you have only Divine Grace and Rebuke undead later (at 16th level) to fuel Healing Devotion. Give you +0.75 points. It's useful, but not essential.

Total: 12

Spoiler: Moravin Dahl
    Show
    Show
    You surprised me by... nothing. Witch Hunter maybe, but it was taken only for Kami’s grace.
    Total: 1.25

Show
    I don't see the need to detail subcategories. Even with only things that work (more about this in the Elegance) Moravin is a character of great power. He has a few weaknesses and struggles a bit at early levels, but it anyway deserves a great score!
    Total: 4.75

Show
    Bad things. Why all this doesn't work as well as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyspell
    Once you choose and prepare an arcane spell, you retain it in your mind. The prepared spell occupies your 3rd-level domain spell slot.
    Archivist doesn't have domain slots, so Anyspell and its Greater version are useless for you (-0.5). No Suffer the Flesh, no Hymn of Praise, no Spell Enhancer...

Reserves of Strength's "exceed the normal level-fixed limits of a spell" abuse. Yeah. It's at least debatable. At least (-0.5).

Using Suffer the Flesh to get NI CL doesn't work. "Ability damage can’t drop a base score below 0." quote mostly correct. But I don't know where you take the word "base" from. No, you'll lose Con until you'll have 0 Con and are dead. And even if I let it fly, no you didn't get NI CL, because damage above lowered your "base" Con below zero isn't dealt and accordingly to "For each 2 points of damage dealt, your caster level increases by 1." you'll get only CL for dealt damage (-1).

If Moravin will be entering a population center, the hazards of being surrounded by a spell that kills most people at 0 or fewer HP are too high, so a Metamagic Rod – Sculpting can be used to apply Sculpt Spell, anchoring the spell to a location (with warning signs).
    It's true, this is hazardous and no, Sculpt Spell doesn't help you.
    I see two possibilities here.
    1) While Sculpting modifies CF area, but it still is "centered on you";
    2) Modifying CF removes the "centered on you" statement, but doesn't remove CF's range and if you move farther than 30 ft. it ends.
    Both options aren't good for you (-0.25).

You are very item dependent (-0.5).

Free feat via Otyugh Hole (-0.5).

You have Track for Witch Hunter and don't have even single Survival rank (-0.25).

You didn't qualify for Sacred Exorcist. At moment when you want entry this PrC you have only 9 ranks in Knowledge (the planes) (-0.25).

Contemplative 1 adds the Earth domain, which lets Moravin “turn or destroy earth creatures as a good cleric turns undead… use these abilities a total number of times per day equal to 3 + Cha modifier.” Since this is described to function like a cleric’s Turn Undead, one can conclude that it works with both Divine Metamagic and Serenity, giving Moravin another turning pool to use for Persistent Spell.
    Another at least debatable claim (-0.5).

You spent one more skill point than you have at 6th level. And It'd be better to indicate explicitly when you get inherent bonuses to Int (-0). And I don't like your skill presentation, at least you have very straight skill points allocation and calculations were more o less easy (-0).

You use materials from 4 different settings. It's too much (-0.25). Wait a minute. You source Southern Magician, but didn't use it. Okay, it's -0.

You are... rat-dependent (-0). And I dislike your attitude towards rats very much!

While you are Archivist and could cast [Evil] spells, you could quickly find yourselves with Alignment changed to Evil (-0.25).

Total: 1

Show
    Healing aspect of your character... Well, you of course can heal and can do it very well, but I couldn't call Moravin healer. It's very side part. Yeah, he need heal his Con damage, but it's the only essential part. Healing domain at 18th also is too late and marginally (you claim you have NI CL, why you need +1 for cure spells???). Only +1 point here.
    Serenity... You get it at 12th and you use only saves and turns parts. But you tried to win the whole D&D with it and it's very useful even in such limitations (+2.25).
    Total: 3.25

Total: 10.25

Spoiler: Sulphurclaw
    Show
    Show
    Blackguard is an obvious choice. Psychic Warrior isn't (+0.5).
    Your race is a great find (+0.25)!
    Craven is expected, PA and Cleave aren't very expected in the healer round even having BG in mind, others surprised me (+0.5).
    Your idea is brilliant (+0.25)!

Show
    Offense You are good melee gish, you have damage with Inflicts and with weapons if you need, you have good AB (+1.25).
    Defense Saves are good, hp are good, AC is good, acid immune, Prophecy's Mind, nature of your core trick. Overall good (+1).
    Utility Some skills, Demoncall, Mass Resurgence, Call Item. It all is something. Not great, but worth mentioning (+0.5).
    Flexibility and Endurance Spell's amount isn't mind-blowing. Draconic Prophesier is 14/day but 7 rounds only. PP also are low. I easily see you out of ammo. And as you mentioned early levels were hard (+0.5).
    Total: 3.25

Show
    I don't see any issues.

Total: 5

Show
    Healing is a big part of your main trick. You aren't the best healer ever, but good enough. And (it's important) you are competent during-battle healer. Usually healing is wasting actions which could be used to kill an enemy. It isn't your case. You can even raise dead (while temporary) and remove fatigue (+2).
    Serenity. You clearly apply it to saves, and maybe to Command Undead, Tiamat's Touch, and Smite Good (I'd let if you asked me). Sulphurclaw is some Wis-oriented (spells, pp, Dragon Prophesier, Spontaneous Wounder) and Serenity is good for him more or less. I'm not sure why you put 10 in Cha (+1).
    Total: 3

Total: 16.75

And table:
    # Name Alignment / Race Class Levels Chef loky1109 Total Place
    1 Simon Tam LG Halfling Shaman 5/Swordsage 10/Citadel Elite 5 16.50 16.50 1st
    2 Meepo 7.5.A NE Necropolitan Kobold Shaman 6/Mystic Wanderer 4/Fleshwarper 10 13.25 13.25 2nd
    3 Alexander Parsnips CG Human Swordsage 5/Cloistered Cleric 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10/Holy Liberator 4 11.00 11.00 4th
    4 Nameless One CG→LG Anthropomorphic Bat Were-Brown Bear Mongrelfolk Lion Spiritual Totem Barbarian 1/Binder 1/Martyred Champion of Ilmater 7/Death Delver 3 12.00 12.00 3rd
    5 Moravin Dahl NG Human Archivist 12/Sacred Exorcist 1/Witch Hunter 1/Contemplative 6 10.25 10.25 5th
    6 Sulphurclaw, Who Dreams Prophecies LE Greenspawn Zealot Psychic Warrior 2/Blackguard 10 Inevitability 16.75 16.75 N/A

My competition's medals.

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Thanks for judging Loky. No disputes from me.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thanks for judging. No disputes.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for judging, loky! I appreciate the nice things you said about Sulphurclaw - I first came up with the idea when there was a chance we were going to have a Healing + Breath Weapon round, and this felt like the best chance I was ever going to get to actually implement it. I'm actually really happy that I scored solid on Power; I was expecting it to be a notably weak point.

Also, I've got a dispute for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Parsnips
    First I want to thank you very much for judging. The only dispute I have, since most of the things you docked me for were things I observed myself and almost did a "pre-judgement dispute note", is getting docked for not being devoted to Wee Jas when this is one of the few classes with a very sizable adaptation portion. I assumed it was like unarmed sword sage which is basically taken for canon.

Here's the text:
    Adaptation
    Although this prestige class is specific to a single crusader order - the Ruby Knights of Wee Jas - you could easily adapt it to crusaders devoted to almost any other deity. For example, the faiths of Hextor, Vecna, or St. Cuthbert could easily support secret vindicator organizations. If you replace the requirement for Devoted Spirit stances and maneuvers with another martial discipline (Iron Heart or Tiger Claw, for instance), it becomes much easier to qualify for the class without being a crusader - which means that you could create holy (or unholy) orders of warblade/clerics, fighter/clerics, or rogue/clerics.

I understand if this doesn't hold enough water for your criteria, but unlike other Prestige classes this one specifically calls out changing deities. And not to be snarky but I have seen judgements in the negative for domain choices in cleric builds where the character was restricted by the Prestige class for what deity was an option, so I just want to be clear where the adaptation is allowed versus where it's not.

Extended signature!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    Should be able to start on the judgments this weekend.
    Poetic, are you still up to judge?

Extended signature!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Parsnips
    The only dispute I have, since most of the things you docked me for were things I observed myself and almost did a "pre-judgement dispute note", is getting docked for not being devoted to Wee Jas when this is one of the few classes with a very sizable adaptation portion. I assumed it was like unarmed sword sage which is basically taken for canon.
    I understand if this doesn't hold enough water for your criteria, but unlike other Prestige classes this one specifically calls out changing deities. And not to be snarky but I have seen judgements in the negative for domain choices in cleric builds where the character was restricted by the Prestige class for what deity was an option, so I just want to be clear where the adaptation is allowed versus where it's not.
    I need to explain. I didn't penalize you for illegality of Adaptation. There are two issues. While this adaptation exists it is too up to DM. You couldn't take it right out of the box. Unarmed Swordsage is opposite - it's almost full ready class variant. Another issue is you deity. It is illegal. Both these issues cost you -0.25 points each. No changes.

My competition's medals.

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

With Poetic absent from this thread for the past weeks, I believe it's time we ended this round and began a new one.

# Name Alignment / Race Class Levels Chef loky1109 Total Place
    1 Simon Tam LG Halfling Shaman 5/Swordsage 10/Citadel Elite 5 FactualArcher 16.50 16.50 1st
    2 Meepo 7.5.A NE Necropolitan Kobold Shaman 6/Mystic Wanderer 4/Fleshwarper 10 Battlechaser 13.25 13.25 2nd
    3 Alexander Parsnips CG Human Swordsage 5/Cloistered Cleric 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10/Holy Liberator 4 quetzalcoatl5 11.00 11.00 4th
    4 Nameless One CG→LG Anthropomorphic Bat Were-Brown Bear Mongrelfolk Lion Spiritual Totem Barbarian 1/Binder 1/Martyred Champion of Ilmater 7/Death Delver 3 Korahir 12.00 12.00 3rd
    5 Moravin Dahl NG Human Archivist 12/Sacred Exorcist 1/Witch Hunter 1/Contemplative 6 Tohron 10.25 10.25 5th
    6 Sulphurclaw, Who Dreams Prophecies LE Greenspawn Zealot Psychic Warrior 2/Blackguard 10 Inevitability 16.75 16.75 N/A

Congratulations to all contestants, most of all FactualArcher, Battlechaser, and Korahir! Next thread to be posted in the coming 24 hours - that is also the time to get your vote in if you haven't already!

Extended signature!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Votes
    Show
    Sphinxes and Scarabs: 2 votes

Shadows' Sting: 2 votes

The Right Man For The Gob: 2 votes

Robin Smooth: 3 votes

Signature Sword: 5 votes + 1 judge vote

Men Are From Mars, Demons From Deimos: 2 votes + 1 judge vote

Perfected Pugilist: 2 votes + 1 judge vote

With an overwhelming majority, the next round will be Signature Sword! Next thread up... now!

Extended signature!