New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Exalted: Fate Core Edition – the first version of English translation is complete

Hi!

Some time ago I created here a post/topic in which I was informing about progress with my translation of a Polish Exalted rules conversion of mechanics to Fate Core. Today I can proudly say that the very first version of English text has been finished by me.

I have a long time to go, actually. I will need to read all these pages yet again and „unify” language (the works has been going for more that a year, I am sure I used different terminology at the beginning and when I finished). It wouldn’t hurt to refresh my memory of Fate Core in English before doing that too, being honest.

And then, of course, I would have a need of a native English speaker to serve as my proofreader (that’s how it's called in English, right?).

So, as you see, things are still fairy „just begun”. However, I also have made quite a progress, being honest. Now the most hard and time-consuming task is behind me.

If you have some questions about my translation process or the game itself, you can write it here ;-) The final file will be available from DriveThruRPG for free, so… :3

PS. Personally, this is the only way to play Exalted for me- unless we wanna something "almost freeform" like M&M. The RPG by WW/OP is truly amazing... but the mechanics is also completely over the top. This rules conversion is both made with Exalted roleplaying in mind and easy as heck - thus my hard work on making it sometime-in-the-future available for English roleplayers.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Exalted: Fate Core Edition – the first version of English translation is complete

I myself can't promise anything but I do know of and recommend the Exalted Discord channel as its probably full of people willing to proofread your work Kaworu. just think you might get better results there, and that they'd probably want to know about this.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2024-02-02 at 12:28 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Exalted: Fate Core Edition – the first version of English translation is complete

Exalted Discord server, you say? ;-) When I will do everything I am planning to do with this translation and I will be looking for proofreaders, I am gonna check there ;-) Thank you for your input ;-)

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Amazing! Congrats on your dedication. Looking forward to seeing it when it comes out.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I have yet to enter Index entries, then read it all and then send to native English speakers :-P Also, I have discovered that editor's jobs isn't nearly as interesting and "hot" as being a translator xD Oh noes xD

Also, recently my sleeping schedule is totally jinxed, so that only complicates things further T_T (Tomorrow I see my psychiatrist, hopefully she will think of something).

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    I have yet to enter Index entries, then read it all and then send to native English speakers :-P Also, I have discovered that editor's jobs isn't nearly as interesting and "hot" as being a translator xD Oh noes xD

Also, recently my sleeping schedule is totally jinxed, so that only complicates things further T_T (Tomorrow I see my psychiatrist, hopefully she will think of something).
    I hope you get better sleep soon.