New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Looking For a Long Pathfinder 1e (PF1) Gestalt Game

I should be able to finish the character in the next few days. Most Akashic material is not by DSP, as it turns out, so I've had to go back and remove a bunch of stuff.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So only akashic DSP stuff is allowed?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Adding my sheet to the table.

Player Character Race Side 1 Side 2 Status
    Talivan Janny Sparkdust Human Swashbuckler (Musketeer) 1 / Alchemist(Gun Chemist) 4 Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 / Magus (Eldritch Archer) 4 WIP (creating excel sheet)
    Cassus Kyras Half-Elf Harbinger (Ravenlord) Magus (Kensai) 90% done (backstory isn't in complete sentences)
    Debatra Mali Seracen Changeling Unchained Rogue Psychic Sorcerer/Arcane Trickster not 100% ready to go, but mostly there
    Infernally Clay Leif Fyrisdotter Human Unchained Monk Druid By and large done
    Benoojian Devarin Sands Human Psion(Egoist) Vitalist WIP
    DammitVictor Thirteen Forgeborn Unchained Rogue/Armored Blade Cutthroat Soulknife Dual Disciple Psion(Nomad/Kineticist) need to pick my psionic powers and calculate my hit points and power points
    Yas392 Kara Half-Orc Mesmerist Fighter 100% Complete

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it too late to express interest here?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Re:Adding my sheet to the table.

Talivan Janny Sparkdust Human Swashbuckler (Musketeer) 1 / Alchemist(Gun Chemist) 4 Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 / Magus (Eldritch Archer) 4 WIP (creating excel sheet)
    Cassus Kyras Half-Elf Harbinger (Ravenlord) Magus (Kensai) 90% done (backstory isn't in complete sentences)
    Debatra Mali Seracen Changeling Unchained Rogue Psychic Sorcerer/Arcane Trickster not 100% ready to go, but mostly there
    DammitVictor Thirteen Forgeborn Unchained Rogue/Armored Blade Cutthroat Soulknife Dual Disciple Psion(Nomad/Kineticist) need to pick my psionic powers and calculate my hit points and power points
    Shiro_Nogard Devon McLane Tielfing L. Gunslinger Alchemist 10% Complete. Adding things to backstory.
    [/QUOTE]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

From that list, I'm wanting to do the Usagi race.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

DM Said don't go crazy with multiclass, but I found myself in the necessity of adding one more class for the sake of the build, it's essential to make my PC fuctional, Musket Master covers what Musketeer does, Also changing to Excel sheet:

Talivan Janny Sparkdust Human Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 / Magus (Eldritch Archer) 4 Gunslinger (Musket Master) 3 / Alchemist (Gun Chemist) 2 WIP (creating excel sheet)
    Shiro_Nogard Devon McLane Tielfing L. Gunslinger Alchemist 10% Complete. Adding things to backstory.
    Last edited by Talivan; 2024-02-27 at 04:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

The character stuff here for Puck.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Puck
    Male usagi fighter (mutation warrior) 5/monk (drunken master) 5/gestalt 5 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 93, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 110)
    LN Small humanoid (ratfolk)
    Init +5; Senses Perception +13
    --------------------
    Defense
    --------------------
    AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 monk, +1 size, +3 Wis)
    hp 44 (5d10+10)
    Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +9 (+1 vs. fear); +2 Trait bonus vs. mind-affecting effects for 1 hour after drinking alcohol
    Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist fortified drinker
    --------------------
    Offense
    --------------------
    Speed 50 ft.; jumper
    Melee unarmed strike +10 (1d6+3) or
    . . unarmed strike flurry of blows +13/+13/+8 (1d6+3)
    Special Attacks flurry of blows, stunning fist (1/day, DC 15), weapon training (monk +1)
    --------------------
    Statistics
    --------------------
    Str 14, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10
    Base Atk +5; CMB +9 (+11 grapple); CMD 24 (26 vs. grapple)
    Feats Agile Maneuvers, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Courage In A Bottle, Cut From The Air, Deadly Aim, Dirty Fighting, Dodge, Hook Fighter, Power Attack, Pummeling Style[ACG], Run, Stunning Fist, Unarmed Combatant, Wings Of The Androsphinx
    Traits awakened from stasis (apostae), fortified drinker
    Skills Acrobatics +13 (+17 to jump with a running start, +26 to jump), Climb +7, Craft (alchemy) +9, Escape Artist +11, Perception +13, Perform (dance) +8, Sense Motive +11, Stealth +15, Survival +7, Swim +7
    Languages Common, Dwarven, Sylvan
    SQ drunken ki, fast movement, finesse weapon attack attribute, high jump, ki pool (5 points, magic), maneuver training, mutagen (+4/-2, +2 natural armor, 50 minutes), slow fall 20 ft.
    Other Gear cloak of resistance +1, handy haversack, ring of resistance +1, tengu drinking jug[ARG], boulderhead bock, holy symbol with flask of Caiden[UE], longbeard lambic, 4,945 gp
    --------------------
    Special Abilities
    --------------------
    Agile Maneuvers Use DEX instead of STR for CMB
    Combat Expertise +/-2 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
    Combat Reflexes (4 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
    Courage in a Bottle +2 to bonus from Bravery when intoxicated.
    Cut from the Air AoO: Stop ranged attacks against you or an adjacent target
    Deadly Aim -2/+4 Trade a penalty to ranged attacks for a bonus to ranged damage.
    Dirty Fighting Forgo flanking bonus to make combat maneuver not provoke attack of op.
    Drunken Ki (Su) Drunken Ki pool allows the use of Ki powers.
    Evasion (Ex) If succeed on Reflex save for half dam, take none instead.
    Fast Movement (+10 ft.) The Monk adds 10 or more feet to his base speed.
    Finesse Weapon Attack Attribute Finesse weapons use Dexterity on attack rolls.
    Flurry of Blows +8/+8/+3 (Ex) As full-rd action, higher BAB and combo unarmed/monk wep as if two-weapon fighting.
    High Jump (+5/+25 with ki point) (Ex) +5 to Acrobatics checks made to jump.
    Hook Fighter Treat grappling hook as a heavy pick with disarm and trip specials.
    Jumper (Ex) You always are considered to have a running start when jumping.
    Ki Pool (5/day) (Su) You have a ki pool equal to 1/2 your monk level + your Wisdom modifier.
    Maneuver Training (Ex) CMB = other BABs + Monk level
    Mutagen (DC 13) (Su) Mutagen adds +4/-2 to physical/mental attributes, and +2 nat. armor for 50 minutes.
    Power Attack -2/+4 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
    Pummeling Style Total damage from all unarmed attacks before appplying DR.
    Run Run 5x your speed in light/medium armor or 4x speed in heavy armor and keep Dex when running.
    Slow Fall 20 ft. (Ex) Treat a fall as shorter than normal if within arm's reach of a wall.
    Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) You can stun an opponent with an unarmed attack.
    Unarmed Combatant Always considered armed, no attack of opportunity on grapple attempts.
    Weapon Training (Monk) +1 (Ex) +1 Attack, Damage, CMB, CMD with Monk weapons
    Wings of the Androsphinx +2 AC and as immediate action, reposition vs. charging foe. Free action to resolve before atk if readied.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
    PathfinderŽ and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.Ž, and are used under license.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cassus View Post
    Unrelated question: is there a deadline for submissions at this point?
    Yes. The deadline is the first of march, I'll make the selection in the following weekend. @Debatra could add that to the tittle?

Quote Originally Posted by droobles View Post
    So only akashic DSP stuff is allowed?
    akasha and path of war from DSP is pre-approved material, everything else is in a case by case. From what little I've seem listed in the library I believe it'll be hard for me to approve something listed there. It's either something levels above the average power from 1st party and DSP or it's stuff heavily inspired by anime, which I don't like mixing with D&D.

Quote Originally Posted by rypt View Post
    Is it too late to express interest here?
    No, I will acccept any submission made till the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    From that list, I'm wanting to do the Usagi race.
    You can use the race. But as I've said before, I don't like mixing anime with D&D. It's not that anything asian is banned, I just ask that you go for something more like Oriental Adventures instead of something like this.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Arael666 View Post
    Y
    akasha and path of war from DSP is pre-approved material, everything else is in a case by case. From what little I've seem listed in the library I believe it'll be hard for me to approve something listed there. It's either something levels above the average power from 1st party and DSP or it's stuff heavily inspired by anime, which I don't like mixing with D&D.
    Did you make a decision on Master of Metafocus Exemplar trait?

11. - Top - End - #101

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    Did you make a decision on Master of Metafocus Exemplar trait?
    Yes, you can use it, but we'll limit the use to 3 times per day max, since I'm giving extra traits

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

You can use the race. But as I've said before, I don't like mixing anime with D&D. It's not that anything asian is banned, I just ask that you go for something more like Oriental Adventures instead of something like this.
    I've posted what I have. Since I'm not using anything from path of war, there aren't any really super special named attacks. Just Drunken Monk + Fighter. I'd have the divine fighting style of Caiden but alas, I have to remake lawful for monk.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

No, I will acccept any submission made till the deadline.
    Excellent! I will try and put together my half-elf knight-errant of Silverymoon before then. Currently looking at Knight Disciple Paladin 5 // Warlord 5 (heading for Landsknecht on the Paladin side).
    Last edited by rypt; 2024-02-27 at 11:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Looking For a Long Pathfinder 1e (PF1) Gestalt Game (Deadline March 1st)

Will build something tomorrow probably.

What are the thoughts (because 3rd party) on the Legendary kineticist? (1st party one is okay, but legendary one is more fun)

Likely paired with unchained rogue (phantom thief)

Stealthy/stealy Mime goblin. (can talk, but has fun not to)
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Pudgy kitty needs more views

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Looking For a Long Pathfinder 1e (PF1) Gestalt Game (Deadline March 1st)

I'm basically done aside from the backstory.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Updating my status to complete (finally have the backstory as something) and adding the newest applicant!

Talivan Janny Sparkdust Human Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 / Magus (Eldritch Archer) 4 Gunslinger (Musket Master) 3 / Alchemist (Gun Chemist) 2 WIP (creating excel sheet)
    Cassus Kyras Half-Elf Harbinger (Ravenlord) Magus (Kensai) 100% complete
    DammitVictor Thirteen Forgeborn Unchained Rogue/Armored Blade Cutthroat Soulknife Dual Disciple Psion(Nomad/Kineticist) I'm set now
    Triskavanski Puck Usagi fighter (mutation warrior) monk (drunken master) Complete?
    Last edited by Cassus; 2024-02-28 at 10:42 PM. Reason: victor update

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm set now.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Puck
    Drunken Monk Rabbit
    Drunken monk | Mutagen Fighter

The usagi Puck, wasn't trained in any official capacity. He started off one day, a bit sloshed, and getting mugged. It wasn't until the next day that he was sober that he realized what he did and just how dangerous it was being unarmed against people who had a knife. He never got totally black out drunk, but he was always a bit more brave than he was normally. Slowly he learned how to harness his own combat potential, after losing a few weapons, he decided it was best to be unarmed.

Updating the table with the mythweaver's sheet for Puck. I'd be CG so I could use the drunken god style, but alas drunken master isn't chaotic.
    I Could also instead give the Barbarian | Kineticist Ulfen man instead.

DammitVictor Thirteen Forgeborn Unchained Rogue/Armored Blade Cutthroat Soulknife Dual Disciple Psion(Nomad/Kineticist) I'm set now
    Triskavanski Puck Usagi fighter (mutation warrior) monk (drunken master) Complete
    Last edited by Triskavanski; 2024-03-01 at 12:14 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

The forums are really struggling right now. Adding Elivyr Nelneira to the table while I still can. Ended up going with Warder instead of Knight Disciple. I have a little bit of gold left to spend, but otherwise good to go.

Triskavanski Puck Usagi fighter (mutation warrior) monk (drunken master) Complete
    rypt Elivyr Nelneira Half-elf Warder Warlord Complete enough
    Last edited by rypt; 2024-03-01 at 02:29 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Adding my character at the eleventh hour. If the Butchering Axe shenanigans are too much, I can always tone it down.

Athaleon Krosus Half-Orc Rajah Daevic Complete
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2024-03-01 at 12:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaleon View Post
    Adding my character at the eleventh hour. If the Butchering Axe shenanigans are too much, I can always tone it down.
    I think you forgot to paste your own link.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rypt View Post
    I think you forgot to paste your own link.
    Thanks for the heads up, it's fixed now.

23. - Top - End - #113

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    I've posted what I have. Since I'm not using anything from path of war, there aren't any really super special named attacks. Just Drunken Monk + Fighter. I'd have the divine fighting style of Caiden but alas, I have to remake lawful for monk.
    I meant that not only regarding to the build, but also while interpreting your character, even though I listed a book and a class as examples so I understando your confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Re'ozul View Post
    Will build something tomorrow probably.

What are the thoughts (because 3rd party) on the Legendary kineticist? (1st party one is okay, but legendary one is more fun)

Likely paired with unchained rogue (phantom thief)

Stealthy/stealy Mime goblin. (can talk, but has fun not to)
    Sorry about the delay, the last few days have been rough with ammount of work and the forum being inconsistent was not helping.

From what I can see, the LK seems to have more options regarding the use of utility talents and battle burns seems to allow him to use his talents more often, so an increase in utility and power level overall. Since Kineticist is mostly focused in blasting, I don't think it will do much hard allowing the class, so you can use it, but if things get out of hand I'd like for you to be open for some changes.

Also, since I'm just responding to this now I'll accept your sheet if you can post it today. Again, sorry for the last few days of absense, but I need to keep the dealine I set myself.

I'll make the selection tomorrow, and since I'm opening this exception, anyone who has already submited a character can go over it again and make changes (things like itens can be altered after the selection is made, since the players will have more information regarding the campaign).

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll make the selection tomorrow, and since I'm opening this exception, anyone who has already submited a character can go over it again and make changes (things like itens can be altered after the selection is made, since the players will have more information regarding the campaign).
    On that note, I slightly rebuilt Krosus to remove the aforementioned Butchering Axe shenanigans, and shored up his defensive and team-supporting abilities instead. He should still be credibly hard-hitting and disruptive in melee.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Finished sheet. Just need to add magic items.

Drake Dulan.-
    He doesn't have many memories of his early years. As a child he was used as cannon fodder to detonate traps in caves. He was rescued by Melida Dulan, one of the sacred prostitutes of the Calistria temple. Melida Dulan was neither good nor bad to her, but that's why he became attached to her, to the point that she decided to adopt him. It was a very interesting story for many of the Tempo since he was a tiefling and she was an aasimar.
    As time passed, he began to accept jobs assigned to him by the temple and began to gain a reputation among the members. After all, he couldn't just let her, being a high authority, have a 'son' who didn't excel at something like her; That's why I started working to support the different missions. He thought life would just go on, but it didn't.
    At a job where he did not accompany her, she simply disappeared. The only clue they left them was that they sent their clothes to the temple. This affected him hard; But since he prepared him from a young age for what could happen, he decided to move on with her life and hunt down the revenge targets she worked for. To do so, using some hair from her room, he modified a homunculus of hers so that he looked very similar to her. Thus, 'she' would continue hunting with his help. If they ever encountered someone who knew something, encountering a face they had dealt with before only to see it back on its feet, hunting them would make them careless. After all, the villains are all cowards at heart.

just need a little more time tomorrow to finish.

Shiro_Nogard Drake Dulan Tielfing L. Gunslinger Alchemist 100% Complete. Just need to add items.
    Athaleon Krosus Half-Orc Rajah Daevic Complete
    Last edited by Shiro_Nogard; 2024-03-04 at 02:31 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Allesandro Daroni, CG human Alchemist (Fire Bomber) 5 | Warder (Hawkguard) 5

Strength: 10 +0
    Dexterity: 14 +2
    Constitution: 14 +2
    Intelligence: 18 +4 (+1 level)
    Wisdom: 12 +1
    Charisma: 10 +0

BAB: +5

CMB: +7 (+5 BAB, +2 Dex)
    CMD: 17 (10 +5 BAB, +0 Str, +2 Dex)

Fort: +4 base, +2 Con, +1 resistance, +7 total (+4 vs. poison)
    Ref: +4 base, +4 Int [Tactical Acumen], +1 resistance, +9 total
    Will: +4 base, +1 Will, +1 resistance, +6 total

AC: 19 (10 base, +5 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield)
    Flat-footed: 17
    Touch: 12

HP: 50 (5d12+10+5)

Initiative: +4 (+4 Dex, Tactical Acumen)

Attacks:
    Alchemist's fire/acid combo via Hybridization Funnel: +8 ranged touch, 1d6+4 fire and 1d6 acid and DC 15 Ref save or catch on fire, 20/x2 crit, range increment 10'

Skills:
    Craft (alchemy) 5 ranks
    Disable Device 5 ranks
    Heal 5 ranks
    Knowledge (religion, planes) 5 ranks
    Knowledge (arcana, nature) 2 ranks
    Knowledge (martial) 1 rank
    Use Magic Device 5 ranks
    Bluff 5 ranks
    Acrobatics 5 ranks
    Intimidate 5 ranks
    Sense Motive 5 ranks

Feats:
    Martial Mastery, Weapon Finesse, Agile Maneuvers, Power Attack, Deadly Aim (1st-level EITR bonus)
    Simple Weapon Proficiency (1st-level Alchemist bonus)
    Weapon Proficiency (Bomb) (1st-level Alchemist bonus)
    Weapon Proficiency (Light Blades) (1st-level Hawkguard Warder bonus)
    Light Armor Proficiency (1st-level Alchemist bonus)
    Medium Armor Proficiency (1st-level Hawkguard Warder bonus)
    Buckler Proficiency (1st-level Hawkguard Warder bonus)
    Racial Heritage (Goblin) (1st-level)
    Racial Heritage (Half-Orc) (1st-level human bonus)
    Precise Shot (1st-level Hawkguard Warder bonus)
    Brew Potion (1st-level Alchemist bonus)
    Throw Anything (1st-level Alchemist bonus)
    Combat Reflexes (Int-based) (1st-level Warder bonus)
    Extra Discovery (3rd-level)
    Tap Animus (3rd-level Warder bonus)
    Elemental Flux Style (5th-level)

Traits:
    Firebug
    Focused Burn
    Unorthodox Method (Broken Blade for Elemental Flux)

Class features:
    Alchemy/Swift Alchemy (Gain a competence bonus = Alchemist class level to create alchemical items, craft at double speed. Identify potions with Craft (alchemy). Also, a pseudocasting mechanic. 5th-level alchemist extracts: CL 5, Int-based)

Extracts known:
    1st: Ant Haul, Crafter's Fortune, Bomber's Eye, Disguise Self, Identify, Monkey Fish, Cure Light Wounds, Keen Senses
    2nd: Invisibility, Blood Transcription

Extracts prepared:
    1st: 5 (Typically Crafter's Fortune, Bomber's Eye, CLW x2, Monkey Fish)
    2nd: 3 (Typically Invisibility 2x, Blood Transcription)

Bomb/Fire Bombardier (9/day as a standard action, create and throw a splash-weapon bomb dealing 3d6+10 fire damage to a directly struck target and 13 to everyone within 5' as a standard action, with a Reflex save DC 16 (Int-based) to halve damage for those in the splash zone.
    Any three squares can be exempted from the splash area, and any adjacent square can be *added*.
    Alternately, Scrap Bomb deals 3d6+3 peircing and 3 bleed to a directly struck target and 6 peircing to everyone in the splash zone [Ref DC 16 half].

Alternately, Fiery Cocktail Scrap Bomb deals 1d6+3 peircing and 2d6+7 fire and 3 bleed to a directly struck target and 4 peircing, 9 fire to everyone in the splash zone [Ref DC 16 half]

Alternately, I'm pretty sure Scrap Bomb+Immolation Bomb+Fiery Cocktail deals 1d6+10 fire for 3 rounds and 3 bleed to a directly struck target and 10 fire to everyone in the splash zone for 3 rounds [Ref DC 16 half], a full-round action permitting a DC 15 Reflex save to extinguish it. (Scrap Bomb lacks the 'incompatible with other bomb types' asterisk that it maybe should have. If a fairly reasonable ruling is made, remove the bleed.)

Mutagen (Take 1 hour to brew a dose of hyped-up super-coffee: upon imbibing it, gain +2 to natural armor, +4 alchemical to Dexterity, and -2 alchemical to Intelligence for 50 minutes. A non-alchemist who drinks it must make a Fort save DC 16 [Int-based] or become nauseated for 1 hour, and can never benefit from it.

Throw Anything (Int to damage on fire-damage splash weapons)

Alchemist Discoveries:
    2nd: Precise Bomb
    3rd bonus: Immolation Bomb

Poison Resistance (+4 to saves vs. poison)

Poison Use

Fiery Cocktail (Bomb types that don't deal fire damage may deal half fire and half non-fire damage: this permits the damage from Fire Bombardier to apply in full)

5th-level Warder maneuvers (IL 5, save DC 13 + maneuver level)
    Maneuvers known:
    1st: Fluctuation Movement, Eldritch Shield, Steady Hand, Encouraging Roar, Pride Movement
    2nd: Eldritch Fang, Intercepting Shade
    3rd: Phantom Wind Shot

Maneuvers readied: 5 (Typically Phantom Wind Shot, Eldritch Fang, Intercepting Shade, Fluctuation Movement, Encouraging Roar)
    May change readied maneuvers with 10 minutes of concentration
    May take a full-round action to recover 3 expended maneuvers, gaining the ability to threaten within 20' with a thrown weapon for that one full round and adding +8 to my CMD vs. opponents who try to tumble through my threatened area.
    May take a standard action to recover 1 maneuver

Stances known:
    1st: Pride Leader's Stance, Stance of the Defending Shell
    3rd: Elemental Flux Stance

Aegis: Allies who can see and hear me within 10' of my position gain +2 morale to AC and Will saves: I don't get the bonus

Armiger's Mark: 5/day, after attacking a foe and dealing damage, 'mark' them as a free action: for 3 rounds, they take -4 to attack rolls against targets who aren't me and arcane spellcasters get 12% spell failure.

Tactical Acumen: Int to Reflex saves and Init instead of Dex

Archer Training: No buckler penalty for attacking with thrown weapons, don't lose shield bonus to AC even when attacking with a thrown weapon with an arm holding a buckler

Close Combat Archery: No AoOs when using thrown weapons when threatened in melee

Defending the Sky: 1/day, Intercepting Shade works on every eligable attack for 1 round without needing extra immediate actions

Racial traits:
    Medium humanoid (human), base speed 30'
    Bonus feat
    Impostor-Wary: full ranks in Sense Motive, +2 to saves vs. illusion
    Favored Class A: Alchemist (Half-Orc: +2.5 bomb damage)
    Favored Class B: Warder (+5 HP)

Equipment:
    5,905/10,500 gp spent [will spend the rest if selected]

Chain Shirt +1 (1,250 gp, 25 lb)
    Buckler +1 (1,155 gp, 5 lb)
    Muleback Cords of Resistance +1 (2,500 gp, 1 lb)

Alchemist's lab (200 gp, 40 lb)

Hybridization Funnel (200 gp)
    20x flask Alchemist's Fire (400 gp)
    20x flask acid (200 gp)

FLUFF
    The reaction was touchy enough that the ingredients were measured out on a set of scales so small that the fulcrum was no longer than a man's finger, stirred with a glass toothpick and mixed in a watchglass: nonetheless, the man seemed to have enough spare attention to chat breezily as he worked.

"I am, of course, an inventor first and foremost. But I am a man of many interests, not some blinkered monomaniac. Allow me to bend your ear on a subject near and dear to my heart: theology."

Its contents measured and double-checked, a delicate set of tongs lifted the watchglass and deftly emptied its contents into a larger crucible.

"Mystra is the goddess of magic. Her followers shepard the Art itself, overseeing programs of research into its furthest limits and championing its use throughout Faerun."

From a neatly labeled box, the man withdrew strange three jewels, each scarcely larger than a grain of sand, and watched attentively as each fizzed and dissolved into the mixture.
    "Bane is the god of hatred, tyranny and fear. His followers work tirelessly to ensure Bane's domination over the world and ensure that all will fear and obey him.

Tyr is the god of law and justice. Wherever there is a wrongdoer to be punished, wherever there is corruption to be fought, Tyr's followers will go to the ends of the earth to do it."

Satisfied with the hue and consistency of its contents, the man gave the vessel a final, appraising look, then lifted a heavily constructed, screw-threaded lid into place and began the laborious process of securing it and ensuring the seal was tight. The watching gnome blinked owlishly through his thick spectacles, and the fellow grinned saucily as he continued:

"Gond Wonderbringer is the god of craft, of smithwork, of invention. His followers keep all the good stuff on an island in the middle of nowhere.

You don't have to be a genius to see that something doesn't add up with that.""

The hulking man of brass and wood who accompanied the gnomish priest subtly shifted from a posture of relaxed attention to more of a looming one. The gnome himself made a face as if he'd bitten into a lemon, sputtering-

"I- that is-you misunderstand. Our order is charged with-"

"-No. The answer is no. I'm pleased- and flattered, honestly- that the Gondar believe me worthy of attention. I'm happy to discuss my methods with fellow men of science. But I'm not going to your High Holy Crafthouse of Inspiration. I doubt I'd ever see the light of day again.

You want examples of my work to take back with you and study? Commission me like anyone else and I'll be happy to sell. You want to keep your edge, your little monopoly? Invent something else that's too brilliant for me to duplicate. I didn't steal your books or torture your secrets out of some poor loyal techsmith- I put long years of ingenuity and sweat and study into figuring them out myself. Great minds think alike, after all.

You want me to just stop on your say-so? The door is to your left. Good day."

The gnome huffed.

"A- a great mind? Your best trick is our closely-guarded temple secret, and I'm not convinced you aren't deliberately misleading me with this...display. You're barely heating the cruciible at all."

"...heat and pressure do the trick more quickly and completely than heat alone, but if I overdo it the pressure vessel will burst. It's taken me a lot of trial and error and a few seriously hair-raising accidents to get the process down to forty minutes-"

"-Forty minutes? To calcine drakebone? Young man, that is a bad joke! The fastest I've ever seen or heard of is three hours, in a roaring forge the size of a small house. I have seen quite enough: on suspicion of theft of the high mysteries of the Wonderbringer, you are under arr-"

The hulking Gondsman lurched forward- then, with the swift flick of Allesandro's wrist, erupted into an inferno, stumbled and collapsed, burning merrily.

"- you upjumped pyromaniac, I'll see you hang for-"

Allesandro smiled. It was not a nice smile.

"Leave. Or I'll see you burn for it. Last warning."

Four important things about the character:
    1. He hits many of the hallmarks of the classic mad-scientist archetype- brilliant, egotistical, somewhat amoral, profoundly ahead of his time in a field that makes many queasy to even think about (explosives and incindiaries), intermittently intense and charismatic in a manic way but tending to understand things more than people.

2. In the recent past, gunpowder functioned perfectly well on Toril, and Allesandro was one of the few on continental Faerun actively expirimenting with it, producing bombs and extremely primitive firearms. When Gond and Mystra agreed to use powerful magics to render it inert across the world, he was very confused- and outright irate when the Gondar then started to produce and use a magical equivilent that they viewed as a closely-guarded secret. He doesn't know that that's what happened, but he suspects, due to the timing and how tight-lipped Gond's followers have been about it when asked.

It took him a quarter-century of obsessive effort to independently crack the production of a smokepowder equivilent, substituting reagents derived from the bones, tissues and bodily fluids of creatures with strong ties to elemental fire for the divine magic of Gond's followers. The Gondar don't believe him, and take exception to Allesandro nicking the 'temple secret' of creating smokepowder.

3. Once a dedicated follower of Gond, Allesandro's poor relations with the church have led him to reconsider his choice of patron deity. He vascillates between paying homage to the dwarven deity Dugmaren Brightmantle, the Errant Explorer and Wandering Tinker- patron of free thinkers- and being a Gondian reformist/heretic.

4. What makes Allesandro an adventurer rather than a researcher is a desire for recognition and excitement. It's not enough to him to tinker in isolation and learn for its own sake- the rush he gets out of proving the strength of his creations firsthand and basking in the adulation of those he helps is what does it for him.

Goals for the character:
    1. Establish a relationship with another PC wherein they serve as my moderating influence, voice of reason/sanity, and my straight man in a comedic double act.
    2. Lean into and have fun with mad-scientist tropes as much as possible.

Two secrets about the character, one he knows and one he doesn't:
    1. He was born Alexander Russo, a name which he conciously left behind as an unwelcome reminder of his origins in obscurity in a dirt-poor rural village in Cormyr. 'Allesandro Daroni' is an adventuring pseudonym which pays homage to Nadul DaRoni, famed Renaissance gnome, artist, innovator in optics and creator of steam automata.

2. He assumes that the Gondian process for manufacturing smokepowder is genuinely identical to his. If he discovers that he's actually created something genuinely novel, it will go to his head somewhat and he'll be somewhat insufferable about it- which will have consequences. If the Gondar find out, it could elevate him from 'irritant' to 'Problem', and of course there are innumerable others who might be interested in a means to make a destructive, unpredictable weapon.

Three people tied to my character- two friendly, one hostile:
    1. Lisse Brandybuck, halfling alchemist and town doctor of a sleepy fishing village on the border of Sembia and Cormyr. Allesandro's parents drifted apart shortly after his birth due to the May/December romance issues that plague many human-elven couples: they apprenticed their bright child to Lisse at the age of fourteen, and for much of his later childhood, she was effectively parent and master both.

A serene, pacifistic homebody who wants little more from life but to ensure that those around her live as healthily and happily as possible, at first glance it seems that she could hardly be more different from her mercurial, ambitious adrenaline addict of an apprentice. But the same endless curiosity about the natural sciences, stubbornly methodical ways to investiate the world, keen observational skills, and deep knowlege of the field of alchemy that he applies to blowing things up are strengths that she applies to medicine, strengths that he learned by her side.

This inevitably causes some personality clashes, but less than you'd think: by and large, they've made peace with their differances.

2. Perianwyr, a two-century-old female steel dragon who runs Castle Ward Outfitters and Sundries, an import/export business in Silverymoon. Allesandro repeatedly made inquiries and special orders in the course of his long research binge to discover why gunpowder had stopped working and how to reproduce smokepowder. Eventually, questions like "Why do you want forty pounds of lye, a graduated cylinder made of glassteel, and as many salamander eggs as I can get?" were asked, and the answers to those questions proved sufficiently interesting that they began regularly discussing magic and alchemy. These days he helps her track down interesting and exotic oddments quite as often as she helps him, and they continue to correspond even when they have no matters of busness to discuss.

She doesn't openly live as a dragon, habitually taking the form of a young elven woman: it took Allesandro some time to realize what she really was, but you can only be introduced to so many other Waterdhavian steel dragons and half-dragons before it clicks.

3. Elberic Lamstrand, Seeker of the Fourth Order. While this office is technically part of the heirarchy of the Church of Gond, Eberic is more a Lantanese government official than a proper priest and more an arms dealer than either of the other two, having direct responsibility for nearly a third of the export market for Lantanese smokepowder weapons.

He has never met Allesandro face-to-face, but has nonetheless been indirectly responsible for a fair amount of pestering, legal challenges, semilegal harassment, and outright sabotage and at least one outright assasination attempt.

Three memories the character has:
    1. Being called an 'upjumped pyromaniac' by the Gondite priest he met with to try to straighten things out when the accusation of having stolen the temple secret of smokepowder first surfaced.

2. The look on the face of a dying man as his pain was eased by the first medicine he prepared entirely on his own in his apprenticeship under Lisse Brandybuck- and the expression of pride on his master's.

3. The instant of panic- followed almost immediately by glee and enthusiasm to repeat the experience- he felt the first time an expiriment in synthesizing something flammable succeeded far beyond his expectations and nearly destroyed his workspace with a beautiful, bright orange flame.

27. - Top - End - #117

ClericGuy

Hello Everyone

The selected players for this game are:

Debatra - Mali Seracen
    Cassus - Kyras
    Athaleon - Krosus
    Benoojian - Devarin Sands

If we end up losing someone along the way, I would like to call rypt - Elivyr Nelneira to fill that role, is that ok with you?

Casssus, could you PM me and the rest of the group when the discord server is ready? I should be posting more details by the end of the week

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

If we end up losing someone along the way, I would like to call rypt - Elivyr Nelneira to fill that role, is that ok with you?
    Sure, you know where to find me.

Have fun, folks.
    Last edited by rypt; 2024-03-03 at 11:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi ;-)

I think I am interested in this game - you are still recruiting, right? What kinda character do you need? ;-)
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Hi ;-)

I think I am interested in this game - you are still recruiting, right? What kinda character do you need? ;-)
    It looks like Selection has passed, and it's still flagged "Recruiting" simply because Debatra has yet to update the first post.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.