New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Deathbringer! Pulp adventures 3.5ish.

I believe Archetypes are the Not-Classes of this classless game, niw.

Anyway, here's

Karnn Dhom
    Female Survivalist, Level 1, Init 4, HP 7/7, Speed Normal Human Speed
    AC 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 10, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 6, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Throwing axe (2) +4 (m)/+5 (r) (1d6+3, ×2)
    Composite shortbow (29) +5 (1d6+3, ×3)
    Heavy pick +4 (1d6+3 or 1d6+4, ×4)
    (+4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 18, Con 9, Int 15, Wis 18, Cha 15
    Condition None

Spoiler: Description
    Show

Slim and sullen, as though sick, but quick of movement like the asp-snake when disturbed or frighting. Hard, tough skin, almost gray, tinted in green. Pale eyes, ever staring, rarely blinking. No ears. Says she was born without them. Fools believe it. Fools might be right.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show

Prefers the sun, but the shadows become her. Fast and forthright. Dogged and of a single mind when in pursuit of a quarry. No darkness, nor hiding-place can hinder her, she says. This much seems true, at times. She reads fortunes from the blood shed, she says. Fools believe it. But fools are fools.

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Karnn Dhom was born with the hide. Those born with hide stalk prey, like the serpent stalks its prey. It is their gift and it is their lot, of old. Everyone knows that. They hunt. This is why they are given in tribute to the lords in times of hunting. Great oaths demand it, from greater times, of old. Everyone knows that. So Karnn Dhom was trained, to stalk and to kill. But the lords never came to collect their tribute. The times of hunting have passed, perhaps. Perhaps the lords have passed and their time with them. But there are yet hunting grounds among the trees and among the rocks. Those that pay shall be served well. Karnn Dhom will hunt for them. She has the hide; who'll name the quarry?

I'll probably make a picture at some point.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-02-08 at 03:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

This is shaping to be a good group.

I usually don't run larger than 4 players group. I'll have to think seriously.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Deadline today. I'll chose from submitted characters.

1. Niw18, your sheet link is broken.
    2. Swordcoast taxi, I see no sheet.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Deadlines today... lets see if I can pull this off.

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Oh dear, I've dawdled too long and now the deadline is today and... okay, it actually shouldn't be hard to make a character for this, the problem is that I'm going to be busy for a while.

We'll see if schedule shenanigans work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

sorry about that fix it by putting stat block below

Finn the savage
    M N Cimmerian (human) Warrior, Level 1, Init 2, HP / , Speed 30
    AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 2, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    unarmed strike +5 (1d6+4, x2)
    (+2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10
    Condition None

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Here is my sheet, I can add names if you like or leave it vague.

Across the face of this escaped slave runs a streak of eldritch blue. Across her arms and her body similar tattoos appear but with in deep cut scars. Her clothing in plain and simple, her hair lies in messy blonde locks, and her eyes speak of an iron will.

When asked for a name, she holds up 4 fingers. She may not have a name but she speaks with skilled confidence and nuance. She is willing to fight, she has fought her entire life, but she has learned to hide her inner rage well.

At one time there were 5 young slaves, each assigned a number, each forced into the world of arcane torments. They were to serve the noble position of royal magician, a short lived career. Into the flesh of these five captives iron cut runes were carved. Spells to aide his most esteemed and gracious majesty in his conquest over the mortal domains. May he long rule, or preferably may he long rot.

When only two of the slaves remained, perhaps because their supposed elven blood, they served him well. Not that they were ever shown kindness for it. They severed in his barbaric courts, transferring his words to newly conquered lands, ensuring his meals were not pensioned, and tending to even the smallest cuts to fall upon his feet.

As time went on, and the emperor's lust grew for more than just power over the lands. He began to favor one of the slaves with increased attention and unwelcomed closeness. Continued service to his his most esteemed and gracious majesty, became unbearable and only death or escape remained. And so it was that one of the sisters died and the other escaped as far as her feet would carry her.

Edited to remove the table in order to clean up the page.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2024-02-09 at 09:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

well updating table for my entry

Player Character Archetype Theme Background Complete?
    Feathersnow Saxifrage Mystic A tattooed and painted lunatic from far away! that uses magic Exiled from a Tundra Tribe that has no stuff, only magic. complete
    BloodyMagpie Alena Warrior The gladiator slave who broke her chains and will use them to strangle anyone who would enslave her again
    Spoiler: Gladiator
    Show
    A mercenary from Corinthia. She became ensnared in a love triangle that ended with her would be romantic rival dead and she herself clasped in irons for the murder. Sentenced to the slave pits to die in the gladiatorial arena, she defied the odds and survived for nearly three years until she managed to free herself and flee the city (and nation) entirely. With no other real skills to speak of, she has turned to mercenary work once again
    yes
    BelGareth the myth, the legend himself GorGarath, the Scourge of the lawless Survivalist Sort of inquisitor law enforcer Law enforcement (what law?) yup
    Ancient Jun Quayles Scoundrel Mob gone ronin Criminal yes?
    Meta Karnn Dough? Survivalist Snake/viperish tribe of humans, definitely not Yuanti complete
    Swordcoastaxi []Mavic[] Scroundel Street Urchin Lowly street urchin trying to make a living NO SHEET
    Niw18 Finn the savage A near feral unarmed barbarian warrior savage barbarian that loves using his fist to fight
    Show
    Finn was raised in a poor Fianna clan, and as part of growing up, he was taught about safe herbs to pick and the warrior way like any kid. His village was raided, and his mother and father were captured by Hyperborean slavers and enslaved. He escaped and hid in the forest. Where he learned the hard way to survive or die due to his hiding in fear of the bad man returning, he grew up in the forest and had to learn to protect himself and how to survive on his own. This left him nearly feral but the most savage warrior ever of his people.
    Should be completed
    Redfeline my sheet Escaped slave trained in medicine, healing, and speach Vengeance upon tyrants
    Show
    Across the face of this escaped slave runs a streak of eldritch blue. Across her arms and her body similar tattoos appear but with in deep cut scars. Her clothing in plain and simple, her hair lies in messy blonde locks, and her eyes speak of an iron will.

When asked for a name, she holds up 4 fingers. She may not have a name but she speaks with skilled confidence and nuance. She is willing to fight, she has fought her entire life, but she has learned to hide her inner rage well.

At one time there were 5 young slaves, each assigned a number, each forced into the world of arcane torments. They were to serve the noble position of royal magician, a short lived career. Into the flesh of these five captives iron cut runes were carved. Spells to aide his most esteemed and gracious majesty in his conquest over the mortal domains. May he long rule, or preferably may he long rot.

When only two of the slaves remained, perhaps because their supposed elven blood, they served him well. Not that they were ever shown kindness for it. They severed in his barbaric courts, transferring his words to newly conquered lands, ensuring his meals were not pensioned, and tending to even the smallest cuts to fall upon his feet.

As time went on, and the emperor's lust grew for more than just power over the lands. He began to favor one of the slaves with increased attention and unwelcomed closeness. Continued service to his his most esteemed and gracious majesty, became unbearable and only death or escape remained. And so it was that one of the sisters died and the other escaped as far as her feet would carry her.

yes
    Last edited by niw18; 2024-02-09 at 02:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

NecromancerGirl

My schedule cleared up, and thus a character was born. Have at Jacintha. She's a thief and cat burglar who had something decent going with a friend until the local criminal underworld had a probably with a couple young ladies making a name for themselves. With her friend dead and herself on the run, Jacintha just wants to survive - but if she survives long enough, and gains enough power, she might just return for revenge.

I almost made her a Mystic, but I wasn't keen on dealing with how magic works here. I could still have gone for it - I like the idea of, say, someone who was imbued with magic power against her will, so she'd be the one risking her health instead of her employers... but I didn't want to spend too long picking out whatever 1st-level spell I'd find most useful. ...Although I'm talking myself into it. Hmm. Well, I'll think about it some more, but if the deadline rolls around before then, I've got a working character here.

...Although I really hope that, even though feats aren't as much of a thing, I can still get Weapon Finesse in some fashion.

Feathersnow Saxifrage Mystic A tattooed and painted lunatic from far away! that uses magic Exiled from a Tundra Tribe that has no stuff, only magic. complete
    BloodyMagpie Alena Warrior The gladiator slave who broke her chains and will use them to strangle anyone who would enslave her again
    Show
    A mercenary from Corinthia. She became ensnared in a love triangle that ended with her would be romantic rival dead and she herself clasped in irons for the murder. Sentenced to the slave pits to die in the gladiatorial arena, she defied the odds and survived for nearly three years until she managed to free herself and flee the city (and nation) entirely. With no other real skills to speak of, she has turned to mercenary work once again
    yes
    BelGareth the myth, the legend himself GorGarath, the Scourge of the lawless Survivalist Sort of inquisitor law enforcer Law enforcement (what law?) yup
    Ancient Jun Quayles Scoundrel Mob gone ronin Criminal yes?
    Meta Karnn Dhom Survivalist Snake/viperish tribe of humans, definitely not Yuanti complete
    Swordcoastaxi []Mavic[] Scroundel Street Urchin Lowly street urchin trying to make a living NO SHEET
    Niw18 Finn the savage A near feral unarmed barbarian warrior savage barbarian that loves using his fist to fight
    Show
    Finn was raised in a poor Fianna clan, and as part of growing up, he was taught about safe herbs to pick and the warrior way like any kid. His village was raided, and his mother and father were captured by Hyperborean slavers and enslaved. He escaped and hid in the forest. Where he learned the hard way to survive or die due to his hiding in fear of the bad man returning, he grew up in the forest and had to learn to protect himself and how to survive on his own. This left him nearly feral but the most savage warrior ever of his people.
    Should be completed
    Redfeline my sheet Escaped slave trained in medicine, healing, and speach Vengeance upon tyrants
    Show

yes
    Dusk Raven Jacintha, Runaway Thief Scoundrel Cat burglar forced to fight for her survival.
    Show
    She's a thief and cat burglar who had something decent going with a friend until the local criminal underworld had a probably with a couple young ladies making a name for themselves. With her friend dead and herself on the run, Jacintha just wants to survive - but if she survives long enough, and gains enough power, she might just return for revenge.
    Complete
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-02-09 at 03:30 PM.
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

If the most recent poster would be so kind to crrect it (I'd rather not add an extra table to the flood of tables), while that really is funny, name's Dhom, not Dough. Everyone knows that.

EDIT: Thanks, Dusk Raven!
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-02-09 at 04:35 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post

I almost made her a Mystic, but I wasn't keen on dealing with how magic works here. I could still have gone for it - I like the idea of, say, someone who was imbued with magic power against her will, so she'd be the one risking her health instead of her employers...
    That is surprisingly similar to my escaped slaves premise. I guess great minds.

12. - Top - End - #42

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    That is surprisingly similar to my escaped slaves premise. I guess great minds.
    Pretty sure your concept was what gave me the idea. I ended up thinking, "If magic is that risky to use, then yeah, of course you're going to have people who make other people use magic." Of course, if I were to make it distinct... I'd have it so my character was actually fine with being a magical risk-taker for someone else... until that person died, or perhaps that faction dissolved, leaving them without purpose.

...Kinda want to go with that, now. But then we still have the issue of having a deadline, and I'm not sure what spells to take - although it'd probably some sort of buffing spell, perhaps something that's not even useful to them, but that allies would love to have.
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-02-09 at 10:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Show
    yes
    Meta Karnn Dhom Survivalist Snake/viperish tribe of humans, definitely not Yuanti complete
    Show
    Should be completed
    Show

yes
    Dusk Raven Jacintha, Runaway Thief Scoundrel Cat burglar forced to fight for her survival.
    Show
    She's a thief and cat burglar who had something decent going with a friend until the local criminal underworld had a probably with a couple young ladies making a name for themselves. With her friend dead and herself on the run, Jacintha just wants to survive - but if she survives long enough, and gains enough power, she might just return for revenge.
    Complete

Those are the 6 players. It's two over my comfort zone, but I expect some attrition as this is sort of an experiment and I'm not holding punches, so there's also character death. It's nice outside today o I won't expect to put up the OoC and IC threads until later in the day.

14. - Top - End - #44

NecromancerGirl

So we've got two Warriors, two Survivalists, one Scoundrel, one Mystic, and one Magic Gal. ...Wait.

...That's seven.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Yeah, that's seven... that's 3 too many. Let me mull about it. In any case, its super bowl Sunday today and happen to be a nerd for football, so don't expect a final decision until tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

OoC

Had to cut down to Five and to be honest I made the cut based on last minute submittals. No other reason. I just can't promise a fast paced game with more than 5 players. I honestly believe the magic number in PbP is closer to 3. I considered making two groups, but then it becomes a chore.

Redfleine and Dusk Raven. I tabbed you as Altrnates, I hope you remain Interested.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    OoC

Had to cut down to Five and to be honest I made the cut based on last minute submittals. No other reason. I just can't promise a fast paced game with more than 5 players. I honestly believe the magic number in PbP is closer to 3. I considered making two groups, but then it becomes a chore.

Redfleine and Dusk Raven. I tabbed you as Altrnates, I hope you remain Interested.
    That seems more than fair enough. Thank you for considering the sheet in the first place.