New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Drow War (Epic 3.5)

Kurnos my Druid is finished, I’ll update the table in a bit. But happy that he can run around with his staff and pet bear
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    Dusk Raven & samduke, looks like y'all are right. It appears I had missed this.

Paradox26, will you confirm the common effects (MiC pg 233-234) are subject to the 50% cost increase for this game?

I don't mind if that's the case, I would simply appreciate clarification before I re-calculate Jorrik's WBL expenditure and retool his numbers given how involved an epic inventory can be.
    Sorry for the confusion. I hadn't previously noticed that the common bonuses are free from the +50% penalty fee. We will go with that then. So to clarify, you can add bonuses to stats, AC and saves without the +50% fee.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

All right then, that... actually doesn't affect my gold at all, since I did very little combining and what I did combine, the lower-cost one was the one with the special effect. It's a positive change, and I'm sure others will appreciate it... but like I said, I didn't do much combining. I went for simplicity.

I could swap out that Belt of Magnificence for... five different stat-boosting items and drop INT. But I think my lady warrior would want the boost to INT. Besides, a noble and hero should take any chance to be magnificent.

If I drop the Ring of Evasion after all, though, I'd probably have enough for a few points of natural armor.
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-02-12 at 02:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Come on dice gods, be nice

Set 1
    (1d8+10)[14]
    (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[14]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[15]

Set 2
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[14]
    (1d8+10)[11]
    (1d8+10)[18]
    (1d8+10)[13]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[18]

take set 2 dropping 11
    Last edited by niw18; 2024-02-12 at 03:41 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: set 1
    Show

(1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[11]
    (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[11]

Spoiler: set 2
    Show

(1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[14]
    (1d8+10)[17]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I hadn't previously noticed that the common bonuses are free from the +50% penalty fee. We will go with that then. So to clarify, you can add bonuses to stats, AC and saves without the +50% fee.
    that portion of the MIC always boggled me as to how it was supposed to work, I do not think it will benefit my character any though

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Player Character Race Classes Complete
    Samduke Ivory Silverbrow Human Cleric 6/ Seeker of the Misty Isle 4/ Divine Disciple 5/ Contemplative 6 Complete
    DrK Kurnos Wood Elf (wild reaper) Druid 21 ~ 80% complete
    Feathersnow Elsien Peasebloosom Gray Elf Spellthief7/SC3->Noctumancer 11 Complete
    Aegis013 Jorrik Worldshield Dream Dwarf Crusader 5/Hellreaver 5/Deepwarden 2/Crusader +9 Complete
    Darius Daruis Star Elf Bard 5 / Stormsinger 5/ Marshall 1/ Sublime Chord 10 Finishing Touches
    Talivan Enzio Human Rogue 13 / Warblade 3 / Invisible Blade 5 WIP
    watupwithdat Cardan Tirdis Snow Elf Warblade 7/Fighter 2/Champion of Corellon Larethian 2/Eternal Blade 10 70%
    Dusk Raven Calliopi Rayza Human Human Paragon 3/Psychic Warrior 8/Psychic Weapon Master 10 Mechanically Complete
    Archmage1 Coman Human Barbarian 10/Champion of Gwynharwyf 10/Warblade 1 Complete
    Da'Shain Greath Shamea Whisper Gnome Factotum 19/Swordsage 2 95% (finish equipment/some description)
    kinem Benth Ram Dwarf Spirit Shaman 20 / Demonwrecker 1 Basically ready
    - - - - -

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I may have missed it, but is there any background on how the war started and what's happened so far?

As much as I'd love updating the story of Erut and the Eye that Talks, I'm afraid the 2HD+2LA makes the whole thing too complicated; besides there are plenty of other roguish entries already. The real problem is he hates Illithid, not Drow. So I'll put win Ecé, a Wilder/Cognition Thief; she hates Drow a lot. (CogThief is a Realms class, 6/10 progression with the exception of telepathy powers.) Still has a mix of abilities, though she's nowhere near as flexible as a Wizard or even Sorcerer.)

Samduke Ivory Silverbrow Human Cleric 6/ Seeker of the Misty Isle 4/ Divine Disciple 5/ Contemplative 6 Complete
    DrK Kurnos Wood Elf (wild reaper) Druid 21 ~ 80% complete
    Feathersnow Elsien Peasebloosom Gray Elf Spellthief7/SC3->Noctumancer 11 Complete
    Aegis013 Jorrik Worldshield Dream Dwarf Crusader 5/Hellreaver 5/Deepwarden 2/Crusader +9 Complete
    Darius Daruis Star Elf Bard 5 / Stormsinger 5/ Marshall 1/ Sublime Chord 10 Finishing Touches
    watupwithdat Cardan Tirdis Snow Elf Warblade 7/Fighter 2/Champion of Corellon Larethian 2/Eternal Blade 10 70%
    Dusk Raven Calliopi Rayza Human Human Paragon 3/Psychic Warrior 8/Psychic Weapon Master 10 Mechanically Complete
    Archmage1 Coman Human Barbarian 10/Champion of Gwynharwyf 10/Warblade 1 Complete
    Da'Shain Greath Shamea Whisper Gnome Factotum 19/Swordsage 2 95% (finish equipment/some description)
    rilem Ecé Salebine Human Wilder11 / CognitionThief 10 Need gear
    Last edited by Rilem; 2024-02-12 at 09:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

also completed now

DrK Kurnos Wood Elf (wild reaper) Druid 21 complete
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

just adding my self to the table

niw18 Kurnoc Elan Psion 11/Flayerspawn Psychic 10 about 20 % complete
    Last edited by niw18; 2024-02-12 at 08:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey Paradox, I just want to check/ask you:

1. Is Crescent Knife fom Dragon Magazine #275 allowed?
    2. Can I use it with Invisible blade PrC?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Blade PrC
    Dagger Sneak Attack (Ex): An invisible blade gains the sneak attack ability (see the description of the dark hunter, earlier in this chapter) if he does not already have it, but the extra damage applies only to sneak attacks made with a dagger, kukri, or punching dagger (the DM may allow other similar weapons). When making a sneak attack with one of these weapons, he deals an extra 1d6 points of damage at 1st level, and this increases to 2d6 at 3rd level and to 3d6 at 5th level. If he already has the sneak attack ability from a previous class, the applicable bonuses on damage rolls stack.
    Last edited by Talivan; 2024-02-13 at 08:51 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

@paradox26- reposted again

There are numerous ways to have spells count as the opposite source (arcane as divine, divine as arcane), especially from Dragon Magazine. Are those ways allowed for counting as casting the opposite source for PrC requirements?

If it helps, I was planning on using Southern Magician to use Eldritch Theurge(or the other one. I can't remember the name offhand, but the arcane one. I'm taking 10 levels of the divine one and don't want to hammer out an epic progression) to progress my Cleric casting while advancing Warlock.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Talivan View Post
    Hey Paradox, I just want to check/ask you:

1. Is Crescent Knife fom Dragon Magazine #275 allowed?
    2. Can I use it with Invisible blade PrC?
    Yes and yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    @paradox26- reposted again

There are numerous ways to have spells count as the opposite source (arcane as divine, divine as arcane), especially from Dragon Magazine. Are those ways allowed for counting as casting the opposite source for PrC requirements?

If it helps, I was planning on using Southern Magician to use Eldritch Theurge(or the other one. I can't remember the name offhand, but the arcane one. I'm taking 10 levels of the divine one and don't want to hammer out an epic progression) to progress my Cleric casting while advancing Warlock.
    I am inclined towards no, but I will hesitantly say yes, so long as you don't try to abuse it. Sorry for making you ask again.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yes and yes.
    Awesome!, now I can finish my PC

15. - Top - End - #135

I am inclined towards no, but I will hesitantly say yes, so long as you don't try to abuse it. Sorry for making you ask again.
    Honestly, the worst thing my character can do is because of the Divine Magician ACF and one level of Heirophant. 2/day Unname with no components...lol

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

If its not too late to join, I would really like to try and submit a factotum 11/fiendbinder 10 - one mr. Allenworth, proprietor and owner of a devilishly good mercenary company, with a personal vendetta against the dark elves - from whom he stole the secrets of demon binding, many years ago.

(1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[17]
    (1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[17]

(1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[11]
    (1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[17]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Weird how there's not any interesting epic feats for martial characters.

And I hope it counts as low op to wear full plate/chain mail while going dex and finesse, haha.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Late to the party, as usual, thinking some sort of ranger-esque type character. Let’s see if the dice gods are kind.

Spoiler: Sets 1 & 2
    Show

(1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[11]
    (1d8+10)[14]

(1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[18]

I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

think p26 is giving another week or so

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Updating my Entry to complete

Talivan Enzio Vandersen Changeling Rogue 13 / Warblade 3 / Invisible Blade 5 Complete

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think my ranger is done.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

22. - Top - End - #142

I just want to see what my rolls would have been. Given you all seem done and this seems near the wrap up stage I am just curious (though I do have a day off to build)

Spoiler: Rolls 1 & 2
    Show

(1d8+10)[11]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[13]
    (1d8+10)[18]
    (1d8+10)[11]
    (1d8+10)[18]
    (1d8+10)[12]

(1d8+10)[14]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[11]
    (1d8+10)[12]

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyKue View Post
    I just want to see what my rolls would have been. Given you all seem done and this seems near the wrap up stage I am just curious (though I do have a day off to build)

Spoiler: Rolls 1 & 2
    Show

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    [roll6]

[roll7]
    [roll8]
    [roll9]
    [roll10]
    [roll11]
    [roll12]
    [roll13]
    You have until this weekend to apply. Plenty of time.

24. - Top - End - #144

Cool thanks
    Spoiler: DM Question
    Show

How do you rule these working together, there is plenty of debate saying they work together and saying they dont.
    Collegiate Wizard (Complete Arcana pg 181)
    And Greyhawk Method (Dragon Mag #315)
    I dont know what is allowed for links, sorry.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am not sure where my disk with all of the DRagon mag stuff is. Can you offer a brief explanation of what each of those is, and I will decide?

26. - Top - End - #146

I am not sure where my disk with all of the DRagon mag stuff is. Can you offer a brief explanation of what each of those is, and I will decide?
    Sure, the first one Collegiate Wizard changes a wizards learning and starting spells. Instead of 3+Int for first level spells in their spell book it changed it to 6+Int, and every level when the Wizard would normally gain 2 spells to their spell book it instead lets them add 4. (Can only be taken at first level)
    Greyhawk Method says it gains 4 free spells when you gain a level in a class that lets you prepare and cast arcane spells.
    So in theory Collegiate changes the Wizards normal ability, while Greyhawk says "You gain four new spells" so some people say that it should stack.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Got enough done to add my character to the table. Gear is mostly done (still listed on a separate spreadsheet for now), skills are finally done (nothing like an epic game to make someone hate 3.5's skill advancement system), just need to pick spells and actually write down the concept I have for this character.

Talivan Enzio Vandersen Changeling Rogue 13 / Warblade 3 / Invisible Blade 5 Complete
    Athaleon Urist "Krag" Kragannan Dwarf Wizard 5/Paragnostic Apostle 4/Geometer 3/Earth Dreamer 5/Warblade 1/Runesmith 3 Needs Spells & Fluff
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2024-02-20 at 03:15 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Are they both feats or prestige classes? They seem overpowered for feats, so I would only allow you to take one, or else you will know roughly all of the spells. If they are both prestige classes I will allow them to stack, as that is a decent investment.

29. - Top - End - #149

Are they both feats or prestige classes? They seem overpowered for feats, so I would only allow you to take one, or else you will know roughly all of the spells. If they are both prestige classes I will allow them to stack, as that is a decent investment.
    They are both feats. If they stack you get with a 31 Int (possible with an 18 grey elf and magic items)
    Thats 24 lvl 1 spells
    16 Lvl 2
    16 lvl 3
    16 lvl 4
    16 lvl 5
    16 lvl 6
    16 lvl 7
    16 lvl 8
    32 lvl 9 (you can learn spells of other lvls when you lvl up so its probably gonna be more equally spread out. But thats a total of 168 Spells in your spell book barring any other features that add to spells) 168 is a lot of spells but isnt close to all of them. There is over 1000 spells on the Wizard spell list. So this is roughly 15-18%

With only one its
    20 lvl 1 spells
    8 lvl 2
    8 lvl 3
    8 lvl 4
    8 lvl 5
    8 lvl 6
    8 lvl 7
    8 lvl 8
    16 lvl 9
    For a total of 92 spells before any other features so this is roughly 9-10%

There is also the Elf Generalize Wizard and the Aerenal Arcanist feat which adds each a +1 (total +2 per level) (which makes it 132 even with 1 feat. and 218 with two)
    And this is before I spend any amount of gold on scrolls of X which I can make sure my spellcraft is high enough to instantly learn.

Thats not including feats like Domain Wizard (UA) which gives me 9 extra spells
    While here might as well ask about Eidetic Spellcaster ACF (DragMag #357) (no scribe scroll feat, no familiar, but no spellbook and you memorize all spells)
    Nexus Method (DragMagazine #319) (lets you spontaneously convert a prepared spell slot into Summon Monster I-IX depending on the slot.)
    Faerie Mysteries Initiate (Drag Mag #319)(With a Gray Elf this makes more sense, but it in short it lets you add Int instead of Con to bonus HP. )

If this is all too much maybe the Erudite class from Drag Mag #319 would be better (pretty sure that link is allowed)
    Last edited by TheAlmightyKue; 2024-02-20 at 03:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Can't hurt to do rollies.

Set #1:
    (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[13]
    (1d8+10)[11]
    (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[18]
    (1d8+10)[18]
    (1d8+10)[12]

Set #2:
    (1d8+10)[17]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[14]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[15]
    (1d8+10)[12]
    (1d8+10)[12]

Depending on the rolls I'm thinking either a Fochlucan Lyrist or a Windwright Captain. The idea of having my own airship is awfully fun.

18, 18, 17, 17, 13, 12? Wow.

Okay so a Fochlucan Lyrist makes the most sense.

An Aasimar Bard 1 / Rogue 2 / Druid 7 / Fochlucan Lyrist 10 will net me spellcasting as an 11th level Bard and an 17th level Druid.

So after racial adjustments and the +5 stats we can assign, her final stats before any items will be...

STR 12
    DEX 16
    CON 18
    INT 18
    WIS 20
    CHA 20
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2024-02-20 at 02:24 PM.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."