New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default The Quicksilver Hourglass EPIC adventure(Closed)

The Quicksilver Hourglass a Planar Dungeon Crawl

Eons ago a goddess named Vourzoun waged a divine war. When she realized her cause was doomed she decided to destroy everything both she and her enemies held dear.
    The tool for the doom was the Quicksilver Hourglass a monstrous weapon fueled by divine life. The Hourglass is contained within a dimensional void of non time.
    For ages the Quicksilver Hourglass cleverly hidden and had remained forgotten to most. Recently Baucojin had completed his research and discovered the Quicksilver Hourglass location. He and several of his minions transported themselves into the Hourglass itself, and are now at work preparing to unleash the weapon on the mortals of the material plane.

Ojhalia has noticed a ripple in temporal energies and has learned of Baucojin's plot and has recruited the fines and most experienced adventureers from all over the material plane. You are tasked with defeating the guardians of the portal that Baucojin created to reach the hourglass and then pass through and overcome the defenders and traps within.
    you must discover the rituals, find the magic tablets and keys that Vourzoun was force to create. You are warned to not stay to long within the hourglass for time will be the death of you.

Big 16
    1. What game system are you running
    Pathfinder 1e

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Planar Dungeon Crawl Adventure

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    Paradox26 plus 3-4 others

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    GiTP Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Level 21 Gestalt

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    1,114,000 GP

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    (See #16)

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    PFSRD 1e Base & Featured Races - Except Drow Noble, Monsters as Races upon request only

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Roll 2 sets of 4d6b3 7 times, pick the best and place as desired, no re-rolls, If your rolls suck you may instead use Pathfinder 28 point buy
    HIT POINTS ARE MAX

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    No CE. play nice with each other, party members will know each other from the start.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    no multiclass penalties & (See #16)

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honour system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    You make yours, I make mine, all rolls in OOC or IC as appropriate.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Retroactive skill points, Pathfinder two traits, no extra traits, no drawbacks), no background skills & (see #16)

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Enough to give me and you an idea about your character's history, personality.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, role-playing, or a combination of the above?
    Expect a bit of each

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rule-books and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Hombrew Rules, if in doubt then ask. - These are subject to be added to.

I am looking for Mid to Mid-High optimizations, High optimizations may be considered, OP optimizations will definitly NOT be considered.

Posting Expectations: 2 per week (Mon-Sun)

Modified Gestalt rules: you may NOT place any class or prc partially on one side and then partially on the other side.
    PRC's can only be taken one side at a time & You must qualify for all PRC's on the side taken.

When I look at your sheet I want to be able to understand how your character gets it's attributes, bonus feats, ect.

You may combine magic items into slots, lesser costed items are 50% extra.

Multi-classing - You must take a minimum of 5 levels in any Class/PRC
    PRC's with less than 5 levels you take all of it.

Caster Leves are Capped at your character level any effect that causes them to exceed this does not work.

Prestige classes that increase any class features such as caster levels, may not increase them above your character level.

Ban List
    *No deific boons period
    No Godlings
    No Templates period
    No Pre-Game Crafting
    No Firearms of any sort
    No 3rd party anything
    No Spheres, No Psionics, No Path of War or other alternate systems. - I just do not want to deal with them.

Leadership feat, in all forms is Banned

Heighten Spell metamagic feat is Banned - other feats may become banned
    (*IF for some reason a PRC requires one of these feats in order to be taken, ask*)

Classes from pathfinder that are banned (all Unchained, Gunslinger) - others may become banned

Archetypes from pathfinder that are banned (all that use firearms in any form)

PF1e Prestige Classes may be subject to banning.

EPIC LEVELS: IF you reach level 21+ in a single base class then use Jesses Pathfinder Epic-Level Handbook, v1.6 for any epic Class advancements, Feats, Magic/Wondrous Items
    if it does not have an epic advancement, then I am sorry there will be no homebrew epic advancements for those classes.

There will be no EPIC SPELLS / EPIC SPELL SEEDS, if you get this option, you will instead have the appropriate spell slot(s) to be used for metamagic feats.
    All spells are capped at level 9 for any and all non-metamagic effects. any mettamagic effect that causes a spell to act as a higher level for the purpose of range, damage, DC, or otherwise will do so at the level it would be modified to or your Character Level whichever is less.

Player Character Race Track 1:Classes/PRC Track 2:Classes/PRC Complete
    - - - - - -
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-02-23 at 09:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The Quicksilver Hourglass EPIC adventure

Just checking in, as this was a game I requested. I will likely go with a sorcerer/paladin for my build. Not sure yet of race, I will have to take a look.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Bit of an odd question, but how many CR21+ creatures (not encounters) are we likely to be running into?

...I really should've remembered to actually roll my stats. Welp, that can be for next post.
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2024-02-05 at 08:47 AM.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Interested! Likely as a Psychic // Alchemist, but since Psychic doesn't have an epic progression, I'll look at PrCs or simply using a different class.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Set 1:
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[14]

Set 2:
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[12]

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    Bit of an odd question, but how many CR21+ creatures (not encounters) are we likely to be running into?

...I really should've remembered to actually roll my stats. Welp, that can be for next post.
    just looking through I see Cr23-31, but this adventure was originally in the Dungeon Mag #123 p56, set as 3.x, so its already being modified for pathfinder and taking into account for that factor, I added gestalt

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Cool, thanks.

Would a (non-chaotic-evil) worshipper of a demon lord be allowed? Specifically Abraxas.

7. - Top - End - #7

BlackDragon

Let's see what the dice favor...

Spoiler: The rolls
    Show

Set 1:
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[5]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[17]

Set 2:
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[6]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[14]

Good lord, those were a bit underwhelming, even the better was 24pts, not bad, but not great. I thinking I will take the point buy. Posting Interest as a Rogue/Oracle (Time), a protector of time who corrects perceived mistakes in time by stabbing the crap out of them.
    Last edited by Ancient; 2024-02-05 at 10:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cool, thanks.

Would a (non-chaotic-evil) worshipper of a demon lord be allowed? Specifically Abraxas.
    ehh probably not, as most worshipers are the same alignment... However before saying no... Where is this going ?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Fluff-wise, I was basically figuring a spellcaster type who was determined to become powerful, by whatever means necessary. He's not, you know, going to go around murdering people for no reason (if for no other reason than getting run out of towns and suchlike would make it more inconvenient to find magical resources), but has no qualms with interfering with souls, pledging his allegiance to a demon lord, etc, for his own benefit.

...although the thought has just occurred to me that P26 was going to be a paladin, so this might be a bit of a non-starter.

Before I forget for the third time, though, I'll roll some stats.

Show
    Spoiler: Set 1
    Show
    (4d6b3)[4][3][2][4](13) 11
    (4d6b3)[4][1][5][6](16) 15
    (4d6b3)[6][2][4][4](16) 14
    (4d6b3)[2][5][4][1](12) 11
    (4d6b3)[5][6][2][5](18) 16
    (4d6b3)[2][1][2][1](6) 5 (lol)
    (4d6b3)[1][6][5][5](17) 16
    Spoiler: Set 2
    Show
    (4d6b3)[5][6][2][2](15) 13
    (4d6b3)[3][4][6][6](19) 16
    (4d6b3)[5][5][6][4](20) 16
    (4d6b3)[1][3][2][2](8) 7
    (4d6b3)[1][5][3][6](15) 14
    (4d6b3)[5][5][4][1](15) 14
    (4d6b3)[5][6][1][6](18) 17

EDIT: And apparently the rollv tag doesn't work with keep-the-best syntax! Well, that's annoying. Now I gotta do maths.

EDIT 2: So that's...34 minus whatever a 5 would be if 5 was a valid point buy value, or 42. I think I'll go with the 42 point buy yeah.
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2024-02-05 at 10:31 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Fluff-wise, I was basically figuring a spellcaster type who was determined to become powerful, by whatever means necessary. He's not, you know, going to go around murdering people for no reason (if for no other reason than getting run out of towns and suchlike would make it more inconvenient to find magical resources), but has no qualms with interfering with souls, pledging his allegiance to a demon lord, etc, for his own benefit.

...although the thought has just occurred to me that P26 was going to be a paladin, so this might be a bit of a non-starter.

Before I forget for the third time, though, I'll roll some stats.

Show
    Show
    [roll0] 11
    [roll1] 15
    [roll2] 14
    [roll3] 11
    [roll4] 16
    [roll5] 5 (lol)
    [roll6] 16
    Show
    [roll7] 13
    [roll8] 16
    [roll9] 16
    [roll10] 7
    [roll11] 14
    [roll12] 14
    [roll13] 17

EDIT: And apparently the rollv tag doesn't work with keep-the-best syntax! Well, that's annoying. Now I gotta do maths.

EDIT 2: So that's...34 minus whatever a 5 would be if 5 was a valid point buy value, or 42. I think I'll go with the 42 point buy yeah.
    which ever set I guess yeah rollv does not drop lowest, - based on that info and the possible paladin I would suggest some other deity

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, that's fine, I'll do a bit of a pivot over to being a Desna worshipper instead.

How common are undead likely to be? (Ie, would powers that only work on undead be worth taking?)

12. - Top - End - #12

RedWizardGuy

Interested, see what stats I get before picking a character idea.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    set 1
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[11]

set 2
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[18]
    (4d6b3)[10]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Yeah, that's fine, I'll do a bit of a pivot over to being a Desna worshipper instead.

How common are undead likely to be? (Ie, would powers that only work on undead be worth taking?)
    There are undead in this, so plan how ever you want

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Count me interested. Going with Magus for sure, don't know yet if the other side will be more caster or more warrior.

Spoiler
    Show

(4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[9]

(4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[17]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I will build for this one, since multiversal god wars seem fun.

Show
    Set 1:

(4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[16]

Set 2:
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[18]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I would love to play in this.

Probably look into some sort of ranger/scout/rogue combination
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2024-02-05 at 12:38 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Rolling again...

(4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[6]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[11]

(4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[11]

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

A bit of a niche rules question - does the effect of the band of the stalwart warrior count as immunity to fear or to the frightened/panicked conditions?

19. - Top - End - #19

Posting for interest.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

A bit of a niche rules question - does the effect of the band of the stalwart warrior count as immunity to fear or to the frightened/panicked conditions?
    does the effect of the Band of the Stalwart Warrior count as immunity to fear or to the frightened/panicked conditions?

This plain iron band protects its wearer from fear effects. Whenever the wearer suffers a fear effect, she is merely shaken (even if the effect would normally make the target frightened or panicked). Furthermore, the subject gains a +2 competence bonus on all Will saves against fear. If the wearer has the bravery class feature, she is considered four levels higher when determining that class feature’s effect.

Ruled as: NO to Both

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks, that's great for me.

Currently looking at kineticist (psychokineticist) 16 / evangelist of Desna 5 // witch (winter witch) 5 / winter witch 10 / witch +6, for a bunch of casting and blasting, and maybe a little healing but that didn't rhyme.

Since you mentioned some PrCs might be banned, though, are Evangelist and Winter Witch okay?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Something something Monk? I haven't played CRB Monk in forever and the other side of the Gestalt should patch it up nicely.

Set One: (4d6b3)[9](4d6b3)[15](4d6b3)[8](4d6b3)[11](4d6b3)[14](4d6b3)[15](4d6b3)[16]

Set Two: (4d6b3)[13](4d6b3)[8](4d6b3)[12](4d6b3)[15](4d6b3)[11](4d6b3)[12](4d6b3)[16]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Thanks, that's great for me.

Currently looking at kineticist (psychokineticist) 16 / evangelist of Desna 5 // witch (winter witch) 5 / winter witch 10 / witch +6, for a bunch of casting and blasting, and maybe a little healing but that didn't rhyme.

Since you mentioned some PrCs might be banned, though, are Evangelist and Winter Witch okay?

Evangelist : who was your deity ? its the divine boons I am looking for, before I rule on this one.

Winter Witch: Approved

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Evangelist : who was your deity ? its the divine boons I am looking for, before I rule on this one.
    Desna. (And here are some extra characters because the forum wouldn't let me just say 'Desna.')

EDIT: Oh, also, how is hp being generated?
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2024-02-05 at 02:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

So is the vanilla Summoner not banned, then? I see all Unchained classes are banned, but the Unchained Summoner is generally considered to be far more balanced with only positive quality of life changes.

I specifically wanted to use an archetype that makes use of the Unchained Summoner rules (specifically the Twinned Summoner), would I be able to make that work with you?

I want to play a pair of demigod twins who share their power between them. Individually they'll be less powerful than a PC but their benefit is teamwork and the power of friendship.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Desna. (And here are some extra characters because the forum wouldn't let me just say 'Desna.')

EDIT: Oh, also, how is hp being generated?
    oh sorry forgot that - its in the 16 now but , HIT POINTS ARE MAX

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    So is the vanilla Summoner not banned, then? I see all Unchained classes are banned, but the Unchained Summoner is generally considered to be far more balanced with only positive quality of life changes.

I specifically wanted to use an archetype that makes use of the Unchained Summoner rules (specifically the Twinned Summoner), would I be able to make that work with you?

I want to play a pair of demigod twins who share their power between them. Individually they'll be less powerful than a PC but their benefit is teamwork and the power of friendship.
    Unchained Twinned Summoner Archetype is Approved for use with the normal Summoner.

@Llyarden
    RE: Desna & Evangelist where divine boons are concerned.

I would have to say no to Evangelist in this instance.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    @Llyarden
    RE: Desna & Evangelist where divine boons are concerned.

I would have to say no to Evangelist in this instance.
    Can I ask which boon is the problem? Because, like, banning the Evangelist PrC doesn't stop people taking the Evangelist boons, and if it's just one boon that's the problem I can just take other boons. Well unless the problematic boon is the 'add Cha to spell penetration rolls' one because that was the whole point of being a Desna worshipper lol.
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2024-02-05 at 05:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Are deific obedience boons a case by case deal?

I was planning on a cleric/fighter with sikfesh as deity. The second boon allows you to be considered worshipping other deities, so I would also take a celestial/deific/fey/monitor obedience for style. The celestial boon might give Cha as deflection, but I am not sure the stat will be relevant.

The strongest boon is still from sikfesh:

3: Broken Angel (Ex) Like that of your Abyssal mistress, your body has fallen to pieces. Your arms and legs do not directly attach to your body, instead floating near their original locations, while your torso sprouts angelic wings that keep it aloft. You gain a fly speed of 30 feet, with perfect maneuverability. Your limbs can disassociate briefly from the whole to attack distant targets at a moment’s notice, extending your melee reach by 15 feet, and attacks against you suffer a miss chance of 20% due to the gaps between your constantly shifting body parts. You are immune to effects that cause severed limbs or that arise from severed limbs (including the beheading effect of a vorpal sword) and also to bleed effects and bleed damage. You automatically stabilize when reduced to negative hit points.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by droobles View Post
    Are deific obedience boons a case by case deal?

I was planning on a cleric/fighter with sikfesh as deity. The second boon allows you to be considered worshipping other deities, so I would also take a celestial/deific/fey/monitor obedience for style. The celestial boon might give Cha as deflection, but I am not sure the stat will be relevant.

The strongest boon is still from sikfesh:

3: Broken Angel (Ex) Like that of your Abyssal mistress, your body has fallen to pieces. Your arms and legs do not directly attach to your body, instead floating near their original locations, while your torso sprouts angelic wings that keep it aloft. You gain a fly speed of 30 feet, with perfect maneuverability. Your limbs can disassociate briefly from the whole to attack distant targets at a moment’s notice, extending your melee reach by 15 feet, and attacks against you suffer a miss chance of 20% due to the gaps between your constantly shifting body parts. You are immune to effects that cause severed limbs or that arise from severed limbs (including the beheading effect of a vorpal sword) and also to bleed effects and bleed damage. You automatically stabilize when reduced to negative hit points.
    1: Are deific obedience boons a case by case deal?
    It was not one I considered when doing the big 16.

2: Sentinel > Broken Angel (Ex) > definitly no

I think that I am going to add a ban on all deific boons period
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-02-05 at 07:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground

Hmm... Not ideal rolls but Set 1 is workable since thinking of a spell caster build

Show
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]

Show
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    Last edited by Enceladus; 2024-02-05 at 08:54 PM.