New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Bels Fallout RPG (IC)

Bels Fallout RPG

The dawn broke through the morning mist of the NorthWest Commonwealth, dew clings to everything as the chill misty condensation covers everything. It was winter, but the weather up here has changed drastically from all the pictures and art of this area, and the warm brooding sun could be seen in the East as it made it's slow ascent in the sky.

The small town of Spangle was either a stop on the way, or the end of a road, be it exhaustion, forced, or running out of supplies.

At least you weren't under the cloud of ash in the West.

So there was that.

The locals here eye you suspiciously, mostly Brahmin herders, Tato farmers, and a mix of junkers and other esoteric people who ended up at the edge of the world.

Spangle is just south of Pa'kane, an irradiated skeleton of a city, infested with super mutants and their ken, you've even heard of rumors about a Brother Hood of Steel outpost here abouts, and many locals claim to have seen flying machines coming from west of Pa'kane.

Spangle sits within Raider country, but this small town seems to have been left alone, but that may be just a matter of time, the Crimson Canuck Rangers were far too north to help, and the Great Dark Plume wasn't too far east, perhaps that is why the Raiders have left this little area alone.

The towns Merrif Constance is ill at ease with this many strangers, and gives you the side eye as she walks past, she was a lithe women, obviously capable of defending the town from the usual suspects, and has a laser rifle on her back, ready to tag anything that moves wrong.

Spoiler
    Show

Map
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-02-08 at 04:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Bels Fallout RPG (IC)

Sasha makes her way through the small township, one of her optics following the armed woman as Sasha follows along near Match. She's used to catching glances here and there, her Gutsy plating mismatching with her Miss Nanny Factory coloring, making her an odd mixture of soothing, worn-down white paint with abrasive urban camo painted pieces laid atop it, glistening in the morning dew that hangs onto her metal features. She turns one optic towards Match and notes in her synthesized voice, "The locals seem to be wary of us."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasha
    Ms. Gutsy // Frontline
    Defense: 1| HP: 12/12 | Initiative: 8
    DR: Physical: 4 | Energy: 3 | Radiation: ∞ | Poison:
    Buzz-Saw | TN: 12 | Dmg: 5CD | Effect: Piercing 1
    Flamer | TN: 9 | Dmg: 4CD | Effect: Burst, Persistent, Spread
    Qualities: Debilitating, Inaccurate | Flamer Fuel: 20
    TAG Skills - Explosives: 3* | Melee: 3* | Science: 3*
    Other Skills - Barter: 2 | Big Guns: 3 | Sneak: 3 | Speech: 2
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None
    Injuries: None
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-02-08 at 04:58 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Natalie is still new to the whole “world aboveground” thing.

It didn’t look anything like it did in the old vids from before the war about post nuclear war. Or the Vault-Tec “Prepare For The Future,” materials that were supposed to be a guide for Vault Dwellers to return to the surface safely.

They were, frankly, way off. The vids were far too bleak, and Vault-Tec far too optimistic.

But at least there are some towns around. Like this one, with the armed lady watching them with her laser rifle in easy reach. But that doesn’t bother Natalie. If anyone gets shot, she can take care of them.

Still.

Best to not look too concerned. Or worried. But then, she hasn’t done anything wrong. That she knows of. Some people have strange concepts of right and wrong aboveground.

But she still marks the place on the map in her Pip-Boy 3000, her leather Vault suit creaking as she bends her arms to the task.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Lucky'd been looking around town, without getting too far away from the rest, mostly just seeing if there were any contracts or work-adverts that a functional survivalist-merc like himself would be ideal for.
    He also attempted to look up some further info on his note about an active work-contract that had this town's name for reference, and some person's name as well, of course.
    His rifle was of course slung, machete sheathed - just a sullen, down-on-his-luck visual and attitude from him was the obvious visual of him.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Match was tired from the group's walk to this place, Spangle or whatever it was called. Say what you want about the cramped confines of a vertibird, but at least you when you got somewhere your dogs wouldn't already be barking. Clearly this wasn't rumored Brotherhood outpost that was supposedly somewhere west of Pa'kane, whereever the heck that was, so he figured he'd be hanging around the place for however long suited his traveling companions. He was low on ammo and didn't have a cap to his name, so it wasn't like he could just push ahead on his own, not without being easy raider bait at least.

Though partially distracted by Natalie once again playing with her glorious little piece of pre-war tech, he still takes note of Sasha's comment, casually cutting glances between the franken-bot and likewise the trader's towering super mutant muscle and shruging, "Can't imagine why."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

You head on over the towns job board and read the letters, pamphlets, and jobs posted there:

Rad-Rat Roundup
    Description: "We've got a real problem with rad-rats in the old brewery. They're getting into the last of the pre-war hops! Anyone willing to dive into the depths and clear them out will be rewarded with caps and a lifetime supply of our finest post-apocalyptic brew. Hazmat suits recommended but not provided."
    Reward: 100 caps, unlimited beer (of questionable quality).
    Skills Needed: Combat skills, tolerance to radiation.

Mysterious Forest Whispers
    Description: "Lately, there's been an eerie voice calling out from the depths of the Mutant Woods, promising power and secrets of the old world. We need someone brave or foolish enough to investigate. Warning: Previous explorers have not returned. Payment upon safe return with information."
    Reward: 150 caps, a choice of a rare weapon or information.
    Skills Needed: Exploration, survival skills, courage.

Postman for the Post-Apocalypse
    Description: "The communication lines are down again, and we need someone to deliver messages between Spangle and the neighboring settlements. Watch out for raiders, mutated creatures, and the occasional radioactive storm. Bonus for deliveries made in under a week."
    Reward: 50 caps per delivery, plus bonuses for speed and extra services (like fetching supplies).
    Skills Needed: Navigation, stealth, negotiation.

Ghoul Scouts Leader
    Description: "Looking for an adventurous soul to lead a group of young ghouls in their quest to explore the ruins of the Pacific Northwest and learn about pre-war history. Must be patient and immune to radiation. Previous experience with children or ghouls not required but helpful."
    Reward: Gratitude, rare pre-war artifacts, and a unique pet.
    Skills Needed: Leadership, education, radiation resistance.

Brewmaster's Assistant
    Description: "Wanted: An assistant for our local brewmaster, who's experimenting with fermenting mutant flora. Results so far have been... explosive. If you have a strong stomach and aren't afraid of a little radiation poisoning (or potential superpowers), this is the job for you."
    Reward: Shares in the brewery, endless experimental drinks.
    Skills Needed: Chemistry, bravery, a good sense of taste (optional).
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2024-02-09 at 05:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zygg busies himself with walking around the merchants area, idly running his enormous green fingers inside his bone bowl; seemingly cleaning it of all traces of whatever food was in it.

Squinting at the postings he slowly reads, mouthing the words as he does so. Jabbing a finger at the rad-rat listing he speaks in a low, rumbling tone; "Rat! Chewy, like jerky! HAHA!"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Linc led his Brahmin Dammit into town, trying not to let the stare of the local constable worry him. Where there was life, there was hope and where there were people, even standoffish ones, there was business to be had. He wandered over to the town's job board, hoping there was some way to make a few extra caps against the possibility that trading was less than profitable. While playing postman didn't necessarily appeal to him, it did offer him the chance and excuse to roam between settlements and, perhaps, trade his wares and get paid for doing so.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sasha's optics turn to appraise the odd group she has come to rely on and replies, "Point taken." before she continues to follow along, scanning the job board as she does before noting rather pointedly, "I believe that the Ghoul Scouts and the Rad-Rats should be avoided. While myself and Zygg are invulnerable to the effects of radiation sickness, you are definitely not. Also, as our current objective is locating a B.o.S. outpost, I believe surveying the area as a surrogate postal service would enable us adequate freedom to do so while being compensated as well." After putting her thoughts to synthesized speech, Sasha looks around the area for any sort of general goods store and thinks to herself, "Perhaps this settlement has a supply of Coffee grounds. It might help to calm Match's nerves."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sasha
    Ms. Gutsy // Frontline
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-02-10 at 06:22 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Match shrugs at Sasha's assessment, not because he disagreed in any particular way but because his legs were just kind of tired and thus he favored anything that didn't involve immediately setting back on the road, "Zygg seems uh... interested... in the rat-thumping job. Unless this place has somehow has two unrelated brewmeisters, we might be able to have you and Zygg do that while some of us help out fixing their experimental brewing situation. Fixing the towns booze problems would probably go a ways to helping with the wariness you were fretting over.", casually gesturing in the trader's direction, "But yeah, you're right, making sure other folks stuff gets where its going seems straightfoward enough. Since we're moreorless doing that right now anyway."
    Last edited by CardTrick; 2024-02-11 at 01:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Lucky mostly listened to the others and their discussion on potential job postings.
    Personally, he did like the 'Mysterious Forest Whispers' and 'Postman for the Post-Apocalypse' offers, primarily cuz they put his own skills to good use. And he voiced it out to the rest as well.
    "Personally, I can agree with the Postal Service job, it fits well overall for all of us, and dealing with spooky rumors is also a good idea at least for the local area. Bad juju and the stigma that sticks around from such tends to be worse than merely a confirmed radioactive deathzone nearby or a super mutant stronghold - no offense, Zygg." The survivalist said with a nod in, and upwards at Zygg's direction.
    "I do think that the 'Ghoul Scouts Leader' job-offering could be functional, although it'd require our vault dweller friend to help mark out the radiation reach, so only our rad-immune duo would take the ghouls into that area, and the rest of us stays at range - and depending on the hostility in the area, the rest of us could go and explore the nearby buildings in the outskirts. Not ideal, I know, but it's plausible. For the Rad-Rad Roundup job, I feel we really shouldn't try and do it combat-style. I'd recommend something akin to basic hunting format. traps, bait, the works. if it gives results, the barkeep can keep the method as well and ensure new rat-issues doesn't pop up."
    Lucky mused out with surprising amount of talking - he was after all usually very quiet and of few words. So it seemed like he'd been giving those job-contracts a lot of thought.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

I’m fine either way, Natalie says. My basic repair courses could maybe let me help with the brewery repair.

She reads the ad for the tasting job.

And my medical degree would let me effectively treat anyone who tried that. Probably. Still getting used to some of the mutations in the fauna up here.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Zygg no care what group do; Zygg just need belly full!" Zygg pats his stomach as he speaks. Continuing with a shake of his head, "Splitting group no good! How Zygg make enemy go splat if he not there to to use Thumping Stick?" He hold up his 'Thumping Stick', the massive board that looks like it was ripped out of a pre-war ruin wall.

Zygg takes a second look at the Ghoul Scouts listing, "What is children? That tiny humies? Zygg might accidentally step on tiny humie! Make taller humies mad!"

14. - Top - End - #14

Beholder

"I think the postal service is almost tailor made for what we need to do to find the outpost -- It gives a good reason to be mobile, ample opportunity to ingratiate ourselves to the locals and, to be honest, it would let us suss out rumors and opportunities. That isn't to say that the other jobs don't have merit, although I would worry about the... volatility of the brewing job."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

You mean for what you need to do, Natalie says, taking a glance at her Geiger counter.

Still not sure how I, or any of us, fit into that.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sasha turns to address Natalie and states, "I am not sure what Mr. Ford might need from the postal route, but as you said, Match and myself could benefit from it. And, I Believe you were sent out to locate a suitable location for your G.E.C.K., correct? Would this not be a reasonable means of locating such a place?"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sasha
    Ms. Gutsy // Frontline
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-02-12 at 10:41 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

And perhaps if he had mentioned our other needs and desires, instead of just his singular focus on returning to his outpost, wherever that is, then I would feel a bit more comfortable with the idea. Instead, all we ever hear about is his outpost.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Match shakes his head, honestly confused at such intense chatter about a hypothetical outpost, "Guys, its nobody's outpost... they ain't my... like I've said before... I'm not from... hell, we don't even know for certain there is even an outpost hereabouts. Its all just rumors. There's no need for us to start bickering over what might not even be. And for that matter, far as we know these deliveries might be for places back the way we just came from. We're jumpin' the gun here.", and turns apologetically towards the vault dweller who is clearly more accustomed to a structured community setting, "Anyway, what particular other needs or desires are you wanting addressed that you feel the rest of us have been ignoring, Doc?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I would be happy with taking our other needs into account. Not all of us have priorities, but I am currently responsible for finding somewhere suitable for over a thousand people to have to relocate to. That is not an insignificant concern.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #20

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    I would be happy with taking our other needs into account. Not all of us have priorities, but I am currently responsible for finding somewhere suitable for over a thousand people to have to relocate to. That is not an insignificant concern.
    "Don't think of it so much as a postal route... think of it as "getting the lay of the land."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Don’t think… it…? Did you even hear a word I said? Or are you too busy looking for your little clubhouse to think of anyone else?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

While mindful that the Doc has in fact been living under a rock, Match is just too spent to argue with her, rolling both his eyes and shoulders, "Clubhouse? Sweet merciful..." as he turns away and exasperatedly starts to head off to look around Spangle a bit more and maybe figure out where the local brewer actually resided.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Too much talkyness! Too much not agreeing! Zygg go with soldier man! Maybe when come back, people not act like brahmin with half-head!"Zygg shakes his head and follows Match.

24. - Top - End - #24

Beholder

Don’t think… it…? Did you even hear a word I said? Or are you too busy looking for your little clubhouse to think of anyone else?
    "I have heard every word you said. You're looking for a place to resettle over a thousand people. Now, if you want to do that right, you're going to need to find a good location, GECK or no GECK. It is going to have to have a certain set of physical parameters, such as access to water, the potential to be defensible, ample resources beyond the basics, et al and ad nauseum. Now, while delivering the mail won't immediately locate such a space for you, it will give you the opportunity to do some scouting, learn about more than the immediate region that you can see with your eyes, learn about the local threats and, hopefully, find out about a place that could fit your needs... and, as a side benefit, you will have the opportunity to make some local contacts, build up some goodwill with your future neighbors and hopefully smooth the path, because if you think that the locals are giving us the stink-eye, just imagine what they're going to do when over a thousand seeming refugees show up in their territory. And lose the chip on your shoulder, because it isn't going to help you do any of the things you need to do to get your folks resettled. The fact that someone else is actually willing to pay us to do what we need to do is a rare gift in this world... don't look a gift Brahmin in the mouths"

With that, Lincoln headed off in Zygg's wake, wondering what the local beer tasted like, leading Dammit.
    Last edited by Wyndeward; 2024-02-13 at 08:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

All I’m asking, you arrogant a**hole, is to recognize that other people have needs too! Because if you fixate on just yourself instead of asking about the others you’re with, soon enough you won’t have anyone traveling with you.

After a moment she speaks up again.

And what the f*ck is a Brahmin?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

As Sasha watches Match, Zygg and Lincoln all wander off, she hovers over towards Natalie and states simply, as per her routines, "Brahmin or brahma are mutated cattle with two heads and giant udders. They are found all over the post-War United States. They are raised throughout the wasteland for their labor, milk, fertilizer, hair, leather and meat." She then seems to snap back to her normal personality as the inquiry sub-routine ends and adds, "That's what my data suggests anyway, but..." She turns to look at Natalie directly with all 3 of her optics and she asks, "Girl to Girl, is there anything YOU would like to do that hasn't been addressed already?"

Sasha
    Ms. Gutsy // Frontline
    Last edited by Nuptup; 2024-02-13 at 05:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

No. I'm honestly fine. Just tired of everyone talking about outposts. Outpost this, outpost that.... Add on top of that I miss my girlfriend...

Natalie sighs.

It isn't their fault. Not really. I can't blame them. After all, they probably really have no concept of as many people as I am talking about. And on top of that, I am one of the medical staff. I am literally responsible for their health and well-being. That is why finding somewhere to deploy the GECK is so important. I just have to keep in mind how many concepts I take for granted are almost complete unknowns out here.

She sighs again, pinching the bridge of her nose. She then takes another deep breath and turns back to Sasha.

So I'm fine. Thanks. What about you? I have some basic Vault repair knowledge. I could try and help you with any issues you have.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sasha "Shrugs", raising her pincer and buzz saw arms and then weakens her thruster slightly as she lets them fall back down before commenting, "I'm doing fine I guess. I don't think I have any damage to report. Though, I'd like to see if this settlement has a general store. I'm looking for something in particular that I've yet to find anywhere else in the wasteland. You're welcome to join me if you'd like, otherwise let me know when we have established a plan of action."

Sasha
    Ms. Gutsy // Frontline

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Sure. We can go look. What are you looking for? Maybe I can help find it.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #30

Beholder

All IÂ’m asking, you arrogant a**hole, is to recognize that other people have needs too! Because if you fixate on just yourself instead of asking about the others youÂ’re with, soon enough you wonÂ’t have anyone traveling with you.

After a moment she speaks up again.

And what the f*ck is a Brahmin?
    Linc stops dead in his tracks for a moment, then turns around and stalks back, hissing in a low tone so the locals can't eavesdrop.

"In no particular order, I am trying help you address your needs by pointing out that what you're proposing isn't as f*cking simple as you seem to think it is. You're wanting to move more people than just about anyone out here has laid eyes upon in their lives through the wastes, set up shop on some land, press the big red button on your miracle machine and think that it is all going to be happy ever after?

I don't know much about living in a Vault, but, up here? Life is little more complicated than that.

Let's pretend for a minute we do it your way, wander out into the wastes without a clue and by some miracle of chance find the perfect location for you to set up shop. It ain't gonna happen, but let's pretend that its perfect -- defensible, plenty of water and resources -- everything you could ask and more, with no pre-existing tenants. There is still going to be wildlife to clear out. Once you turn on your miracle machine and make this place even better, you think raiders and like aren't going to take an interest? You think no one is going to notice the legion of non-combatants you want to move through the wastes? You think Super-Mutants and the like are just gonna give y'all a pass? You think your people can carry everything they want or need to move on their backs? You think the Deathclaws are just gonna ignore the mile long buffet table you're setting up for them?

You may be educated, but you obviously ain't that smart, since you're reacting and not thinking!"

Lincoln pauses for a moment, a surprised look on his face, then takes a deep breath.

"I want to help, if only because I don't reckon I like the idea of y'all getting et by something while trying to do the right thing. "I need to relocate a thousand people" isn't plan, its is a goal and if you want to reach that goal, you're going to have to do a lot of other things, like find out where the raiders are so your folks can avoid 'em or at least be ready for 'em. You're gonna want to know who you can trade with, where to find the things you're folks can't make, hire about a lot of caravan guards to help escort your folks across the wastes, hire a herd of Brahmin to carry their goods and sundries and about a jillion other "small details" if you want to actually accomplish your goal. I am willing to help. I am even willing to take direction on how you would like to do this monumental undertaking. But, until we know who the local players are and how they play their little power games, your people are safer where they are right now than they would be topside.

Now, as my pappy always said, if you have to eat a Brahmin, you gotta do it one bite atta time. The first bite, to my mind, is learning who the local players are and the easiest way to do that would be to wander around and makes friends with the locals. Usually, that costs you caps, buying drinks and tipping folks for information. This town is actually offering to pay us to hang around and get the lay of the land, learn the countryside, figure out who we can deal with and who needs to be dealt with and a lot of the "small details" you need to do.
    "

Linc pauses again before patting Dammit on the shoulder.

"And Dammit here is a Brahmin... just so you knows."