Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5e/+) End of Fate

(1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[11]
    (1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[14]

May as well roll too; depending on the soul knife answer I may go roguish.

Edit: I will post fixes after I find some; I’m pretty sure my old links to them are broken but this one at least: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...D-3-99-Project
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2024-02-10 at 12:11 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    Tbh I like to keep perks and race separate, so it probably be on top of it. The Aranea aspect wouldn't be as strong right away but will get better as it levels up.

[Arachnid Aspect] (Level 1) Able to change your form. As your body adapts you gain. +4 CON +2 Sense Motive +2 Climb +2 Jump, +2 Concentration +60-foot Darkvision, + low light vision.

Able to swap form between a humanoid, and a spider. Takes 1d6 rounds or dc 15 concentration save for instant.

2/8 Hours (Toxic Secretion) Through your fangs you are able to release a toxic substance. Creatures subjected to it must make a DC 10+CON+PL to resist being poisoned. Poison affects are -1d3 str if failed the save by more than 5. Target also becomes shaky. If target fails by more than 10 is paralyzed. Repeated uses increase the save dc by +4 each time.

2/8 Hours (Fine Web) You are able to release a web of up to 15ft per charge. the webs toughness is 3+Con it takes double dmg from fire. Effect up to a medium character it can bind its target in place. Creatures entangled by the web can make an escape artist check to escape DC 10+con+PL or a strength check to break free which is DC+4. Due to the fine nature of the web the creature takes 1d3 damage while moving or taking action in it.

(What I came up with so far. reason why con base is due to your body needing to get stronger to create a more powerful toxin and web. Only two forms right now humanoid and spider. you do have fangs in humanoid but) kinda like a vampire or snake you can retract them and hide them.)

Any questions? lol
    Alright, looks good! For my info, the bite attack would be a 1d4 damage primary natural weapon? And Does the spider form have a climb speed?

edit: what are your thoughts on the unarmed swordsage variant mentioned in ToB?
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-02-10 at 12:20 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm somewhat interested, I'll roll my rolls and see what inspiration strikes to see if a concept really gels.

On classes - it seems abit odd that someone with a class wouldn't be drafted even if their perk hadn't awakened. I mean, especially anyone with something like magic would seem to get drafted.

(1d10+8)[2](2)

(1d10+8)[4](4)

(1d10+8)[7](7)

(1d10+8)[8](8)

(1d10+8)[5](5)

(1d10+8)[8](8)

hmm, good rolls, though it seems I got the formatting a bit wrong. do you have to use both rerolls at the same time, or can you use one, then potentially use the second one again on the same stat if you didn't like the result of the first reroll?
    2 4 7 8 5 8
    10 12 15 16 13 16 atm
    Last edited by zlefin; 2024-02-10 at 12:34 PM.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

May as well roll too; depending on the soul knife answer I may go roguish.

Edit: I will post fixes after I find some; I’m pretty sure my old links to them are broken but this one at least: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...D-3-99-Project
    Might need to hold my hand a tad with that as it seems a bunch of tweaks but we can walk through it in game lol (Yea its alright) Ill keep looking over it though.

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Alright, looks good! For my info, the bite attack would be a 1d4 damage primary natural weapon? And Does the spider form have a climb speed?

edit: what are your thoughts on the unarmed swordsage variant mentioned in ToB?
    AH knew i missed something in spidey form yes same as movement speed. Yep for the bite.

No arms while being a sword sage is kinda weird but if thats what ya wanna play go for it lol...

(Yea its fine lol.)
    Spoiler: Avatar’s picture
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Porky

and hitpoints
    (1d12)[4]
    (1d12)[12]
    (1d12)[4]
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

AH knew i missed something in spidey form yes same as movement speed. Yep for the bite.

No arms while being a sword sage is kinda weird but if thats what ya wanna play go for it lol...

(Yea its fine lol.)
    That's actually why I asked about the unarmed variant. unarmed strikes aren't just limited to hands but can also be kicks, tackles, etc. so that all works as a spider. But yeah, not many swords on this swordsage XD

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
    I'm somewhat interested, I'll roll my rolls and see what inspiration strikes to see if a concept really gels.

On classes - it seems abit odd that someone with a class wouldn't be drafted even if their perk hadn't awakened. I mean, especially anyone with something like magic would seem to get drafted.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5]

hmm, good rolls, though it seems I got the formatting a bit wrong. do you have to use both rerolls at the same time, or can you use one, then potentially use the second one again on the same stat if you didn't like the result of the first reroll?
    2 4 7 8 5 8
    10 12 15 16 13 16 atm
    Oh, people do expect a good chunk of fighting. Like villagers with pitchforks. But in this case levels 1-3 are kinda like children. You don't really send those to the front lines at least you're not supposed to lol... But 4 onwards your technically still a high tier commoner in this setting. Level 5 is when you break out of that status.

As for reroll you could use one on one and then also reroll that. don't need to use both at the same time.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

(1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[10]
    (1d10+8)[13]
    (1d10+8)[17]
    (1d10+8)[16]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Porky

and hitpoints
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    Dont forget when you roll lower than average you take the average. which is 6.5 I believe. so +5hp? Also lets just use 3.5 system for gear buying please lol

That's actually why I asked about the unarmed variant. unarmed strikes aren't just limited to hands but can also be kicks, tackles, etc. so that all works as a spider. But yeah, not many swords on this swordsage XD
    Yep yep lol.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Rerolling 9 & 10

(1) (1d10+8)[12]
    (2) (1d10+8)[11]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Also lets just use 3.5 system for gear buying please lol
    Fixed, Hes gonna be a biter, save money to buy an actual weapon when we actually leave the farmstead
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Colossus in the Playground

Scarlet is ready!

Backstory is on the sheet.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Gotcha. Also to kinda nerd out like shadow clones in naruto? His are real while the others pop? Yea theres some perks like that lol. Also great rerolls :o

Like this Perk?

[Mind over Matter] (Level 1) Your imaginary mind expanded at an unbelievable rate. Making the stuff of dreams into reality. You can breathe life into your thoughts strengthen their likeness and reality. +4 Wis +4 Concentration +4 Sense motive +4 Perception.

3x/8h (Create minor illusions) Your able to create minor illusions from your mind. The save dc is 10+wis+PerkLvl to resist. Can create an image of your choice in a 5ft square. Image lasts 1d3+wis+PL rounds. If you expend another charge dc is 10+wis+(PerkLvlx2) it also covers 10ft lasting +4 rounds. Another charge adds again as so. The illusion can be forcible displayed by physical attacks. Your minor illusions durability is 5+wis+PerkLvl (in the case of multiple charges (2xPerkLvl, 3xPerklvl)[/B]
    Figment as in part of illusion subschool. They have figments, glamer and pattern.

A bit unclear on my part. Like shadow clones and applies to universal illusions. I meant to describe the perk to be like a booster to illusion spells like silent image instead of a separate ability, making them hard to disbelief/shrug off (illusion can't be auto-disbelief by throwing a rock through them) and similar to shadow conjuration but weaker (100% real if you fail save but no realness if save succeed), something in that vein.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-02-10 at 02:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Eria Shiro
    I'll add backstory later, probably sometime tomorrow.

rolls for HP:
    (1d8)[4]
    (1d8)[5]
    (1d8)[2]
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-02-10 at 02:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Fixed, Hes gonna be a biter, save money to buy an actual weapon when we actually leave the farmstead
    Thank ya very much. Im surprised you didnt add no grappling to that hold them down and bite. With your strength that would be fairly easy lol

(Also any more character fluff coming out?)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Scarlet is ready!

Backstory is on the sheet.
    Ummm...so a few things sorry for not stating this in advance VoP is banned in my campaigns. Never liked it and it pretty broken Imo also green bound summoning is borderline broken with its LA+8 adjustment. If it was said like starting lvl 8 maybe but as of now I feel like that would take away to much from what I'm trying to get started with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Figment as in part of illusion subschool. They have figments, glamer and pattern.

A bit unclear on my part. Like shadow clones and applies universal illusions. I meant to describe the perk to be like a booster to illusion spells like silent image instead of a separate ability, making them hard to disbelief/shrug off (illusion can't be auto-disbelief by throwing a rock through them) and similar to shadow conjuration but weaker (100% real if you fail save but no realness if save succeed), something in that vein.
    Ah I'm getting it now. Something along the lines of all or nothing. Looking into it more its just like upping silent image to minor image? Did you want me to rework the perk?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Would 3 classes be fine or too much? I was thinking Factotum 3/Hit-and-Run Sneak Fighter 1, but I intend to dip into Psychic Rogue if leveling happens and would prefer to just drop the Fighter dip if no dice

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Thank ya very much. Im surprised you didnt add no grappling to that hold them down and bite. With your strength that would be fairly easy lol

(Also any more character fluff coming out?)
    I actually will be moving toward that possibly later on as he levels up. Ive got a few ideas on where he can go, mechanically.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Porky, named so because as an unwanted child in this human city, he was often left to sleep outside with the pigs. so P'ork'y was so named. He was often only fed when the pigs got fed. He ate what he could, and until he was big enough to get the good food from the larger pigs, once big enough he started getting the better food. He eventually was able to prove his worth to the farmers as a strong hand, moving things around the farm. He was never good at actual farming. So he would fetch escaped animals, move bales of hay, load and unload produce and vegetables. Every so often he would find 'Treasures' in the trash, coin, discarded equipment, even the occational magic item. Now that he is nearly ready to leave out on his on, he is looking to find others to join to escape the provincial life.
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Might need to hold my hand a tad with that as it seems a bunch of tweaks but we can walk through it in game lol (Yea its alright) Ill keep looking over it though.
    https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Soulkn...e_(3.5e_Class)

What about this one? As near as I can tell, it's a conversion of the Pathfinder version of the class, with tougher restrictions on pre-reqs for certain blade skills and nixes the Ghost Step/Teleport ability the PF one had entirely.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

This is Ja, she is a Skarn, Totemist2/Warblade2 (Warblade1->totemist 1,2->Warblade2)

There are a few things undecided like her 3rd level feat and gear, also, if we are limited to the SRD flaws, I'll probably won't bother adding a flaw since those are boring.

As for perks, something that mixes incarnum with maneuvers would be cool, I usuall don't ask about homebrew or fixes, but this wonderful Incarnum fix by BelGareth is kind of tempting: Bel's Totemist fix

You have her personality on the sheet, but I'll work on her background a bit more.

Ja-The Cunning
    f NG Skarn Totemist2/Warblade2, Level 4, Init 1, HP 14/14, Speed 30ft
    AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14, Fort 6, Ref 4, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Spines +7 or +2 (1d6+4 , )
    Girallon Claws +8 or +3/+3/+3 (1d4+5(+3), )
    Battleaxe +7 (1d8+4, x3)
    Chainshirt (+4 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 12
    Condition None

rolling HP

(1d8)[7]
    (1d8)[8]
    (1d12)[7]

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

I actually will be moving toward that possibly later on as he levels up. Ive got a few ideas on where he can go, mechanically.

Show
    Porky, named so because as an unwanted child in this human city, he was often left to sleep outside with the pigs. so P'ork'y was so named. He was often only fed when the pigs got fed. He ate what he could, and until he was big enough to get the good food from the larger pigs, once big enough he started getting the better food. He eventually was able to prove his worth to the farmers as a strong hand, moving things around the farm. He was never good at actual farming. So he would fetch escaped animals, move bales of hay, load and unload produce and vegetables. Every so often he would find 'Treasures' in the trash, coin, discarded equipment, even the occational magic item. Now that he is nearly ready to leave out on his on, he is looking to find others to join to escape the provincial life.
    Looking good. lol. Does he know anything about the demons and is the farmer bragging about him at all? Trying to get the hook ill need to rope you in for the opening paragraph when we get all our applicates finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    Would 3 classes be fine or too much? I was thinking Factotum 3/Hit-and-Run Sneak Fighter 1, but I intend to dip into Psychic Rogue if leveling happens and would prefer to just drop the Fighter dip if no dice
    Cant recall psychic rogue of the top of my head is it a wiki source? Link? 3 classes might be a tad to much at level 4 but roughly at level 7 you could dip into another one.

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Soulkn...e_(3.5e_Class)

What about this one? As near as I can tell, it's a conversion of the Pathfinder version of the class, with tougher restrictions on pre-reqs for certain blade skills and nixes the Ghost Step/Teleport ability the PF one had entirely.
    That one is waaaaayy better I can actually click on that in my brain lol yep yep yeppers
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Colossus in the Playground

Vow of Poverty... Broken?
    I mean, yes, but it's least broken on a Druid. If I was taking it on a Monk, then that'd be an issue, because I'd suck.

I just didn't want to manage gear, so I took it for that.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Looking good. lol. Does he know anything about the demons and is the farmer bragging about him at all? Trying to get the hook ill need to rope you in for the opening paragraph when we get all our applicates finalized.
    Oh, Id say that all the farmers he works for would brag about his strength and his willingness to do as hes told on the farm. Hed know nothing about demons.
    Festival of Heroes:

23. - Top - End - #53

Unfortunately, it’s not on the srd, but it comes from the Mind’s Eye article, so can find it on the wayback machine. However, I’ll link it here

Nono I mean 3 by 5th, seeing as I’d probably prc out at 6th, but if that’s too much I’ll just cut out the Fighter level

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Updated sheet (included perk): Eria Shiro

Show

Eria was a foundling, left at a small monastery in the town the only clue to her heritage being her red eyes and white hair. With nowhere else for her to go, the monks took her in and raised her as one of their own. A century ago that might have meant studying scripture, history and literature, and worshipping a now long gone god. In the dark days of the present it meant she learned to fight.

Eria took to the combat training like a fish to water, enjoying the training and techniques she learned. She was less enamoured with the monk's strict lifestyle, leftovers from their time as religious institution. This sparked a game of cat-and-mouse between her and the elder monks. She'd never shirk training, but outside of practice she'd skip her other duties and sneak out into the town to enjoy what she could in the city. She'd invariably get punished with more chores on her return, and the other monks would keep a closer watch on her, which simply prompted her to get more crafty in her little escapes.

Despite this conflict however, it was not like she disliked the other monks, or life in the monastery in general. The monk's likewise where frequently exasperated by her antics, but didn't dislike her. She was the one little light of new life in the monastery, as no one else had joined the order for a long time. Those wishing to fight tended to trust in steel, not the unarmed style of the monks, and so their order was slowly but surely dying, their members falling one by one in defence of the town.

And so her training and little games of hide and seek with the monks continued, until one day, with Eria in her early twenties, the last of the monks fell. Eria saw to his cremation, carved his name into the wall at the back of the monastery where the names of all the other fallen had been recorded, gathered her possessions, and left the monastery, and set out to build a life for herself.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

So, Myth-weavers is being a pill and I can't finish my sheet, but here is my backstory for Loba:

Spoiler: Loba
    Show

Long roads the Sword of Fury makes

Hard walls it builds around the soft

The fighter who Townsaver takes

Can bid farewell to home and croft.
    ~Fred Saberhagen

A petite elf of indeterminable age, Loba is never seen without her well worn surcoat: a thigh-length, dark chestnut gray affair with ochre trim and a wide collar that unbuttons into a hood. It is, clearly, at least a size too big for her. She wears dull tunics, leggings and the tallest boots she can afford underneath. Her features are beautiful, if intense, made worse by the fact she shaves one side of her head and lets her dark hair fall over in a wave over the other side. When she summons her azure mind blade, it forms a proper sword hilt with two thin 'bars' twining around each other to make the blade itself, coming to a sharp point.

She is, altogether, a very, very determined woman.

Calling herself a Slayer, Loba is, often, the first (or last, depending on your point of view) warrior on the wrong side of the wall when night falls. She gives off more of a barbaric air than a trained military woman, but either way she reeks of killing intent. Having served several towns (no less than half of which were on the verge of collapse) as part of their defenses against the demons, she is seen by others as both something of a jinx, and the most violent, savage beast a town can throw at the monsters.

It is through her sheer tenacity, the unpredictability of her weapon, life or death training and above all else: -Gods-Damned-Luck- that she hasn't died yet. She has grown more canny and disciplined since she first began her single minded crusade to murder as many demons as she can before her life is snuffed out, and she has also, thankfully, become more mindful of other defenders in recent years. Whether she values them or respects that not everyone shares her death wish, or just sees them as reinforcements, remains a mystery.

In her down time she remains a quiet and brooding perfectionist, but something of a shy one. She is (painfully) aware that killing monsters is all there is to her life, that she is terrible at socializing, but doesn't know where to begin fixing this. It's very likely that she ties her entire self worth to her sword, and would openly agree that she is nothing without it.

Background:
    Loba is looking for a demon, clad in a jester's costume who calls himself Mockingblade.

Few know that she is among the sparse refugees of the formerly great elven enclave Senameris which fell to complete ruin nearly three decades ago. Up until that point it had been considered impregnable by the world's survivors but this was largely due to its leaders being xenophobic egotists who sealed themselves off by magical means and refused to let any outsiders into the depths of their woods.

Little did they know that their downfall would com from within. Mockingblade had infiltrated the enclave before the leaders had erected their barriers, and slowly, patiently, he appeared to those denizens who were fearful of the outside world. Disguised as a patient, empathetic friend, he taught specific key elves the way of the mindblade, so that they "would always have protection."

On a lark, he also trained a single, sweet, innocent child who had only wanted to keep her mam and pa safe...

But the other 'students' were important figures in the hierarchy, who were not only given the power of mind blades in a culture that was staunchly pacifistic, he sewed seeds of distrust and or ambition among them. It didn't take years, only months before these figures turned on each other and the leaders of Senameris, and the enclave's defenses fell. Mockingblade then sent out a call for his demonic brethren, promising them a fine feast.

With one exception, all those who were influenced by Mockingblade were torn to shreds, most of the elves slain and fewest of all were those who scattered to the four winds.

With One Exception.

Loba survived, even though her family did not. She would always remember the echoing laughter of the jester who ruined her life, as he danced from rooftop to rooftop watching demons slaughter all those around her. If Mockingblade is even aware that she lived, he doesn't care, as he turned his interests to the other surviving towns and settlements. But Loba will never forget nor forgiven what he did. And she's going to stay alive until she hacks Mockingblade apart or dies trying.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Vow of Poverty... Broken?
    I mean, yes, but it's least broken on a Druid. If I was taking it on a Monk, then that'd be an issue, because I'd suck.

I just didn't want to manage gear, so I took it for that.
    Yea Vop for me always looks like someone is gesalting. Adding a whole extra class. The bonuses far outweigh magic gear until at least level 13. Way to powerful imo.

Oh, Id say that all the farmers he works for would brag about his strength and his willingness to do as hes told on the farm. Hed know nothing about demons.
    Gotcha gotcha. I can kinda work something out with that lol you probably would notice if some farmers start disappearing and moral falling right? lol. Making some plans in me brain argh! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    Unfortunately, it’s not on the srd, but it comes from the Mind’s Eye article, so can find it on the wayback machine. However, I’ll link it here

Nono I mean 3 by 5th, seeing as I’d probably prc out at 6th, but if that’s too much I’ll just cut out the Fighter level
    Looking at it. It seems perfectly fine. Just a rogue with some minor psyicness. Also for the classes thing I thought you were doing 1/1/2 lol at level 4 was rough normally thats averaged out at 7 if you could start at lvl 6 id be fine with it?

Updated sheet (included perk): Eria Shiro

Show

Eria was a foundling, left at a small monastery in the town the only clue to her heritage being her red eyes and white hair. With nowhere else for her to go, the monks took her in and raised her as one of their own. A century ago that might have meant studying scripture, history and literature, and worshipping a now long gone god. In the dark days of the present it meant she learned to fight.

Eria took to the combat training like a fish to water, enjoying the training and techniques she learned. She was less enamoured with the monk's strict lifestyle, leftovers from their time as religious institution. This sparked a game of cat-and-mouse between her and the elder monks. She'd never shirk training, but outside of practice she'd skip her other duties and sneak out into the town to enjoy what she could in the city. She'd invariably get punished with more chores on her return, and the other monks would keep a closer watch on her, which simply prompted her to get more crafty in her little escapes.

Despite this conflict however, it was not like she disliked the other monks, or life in the monastery in general. The monk's likewise where frequently exasperated by her antics, but didn't dislike her. She was the one little light of new life in the monastery, as no one else had joined the order for a long time. Those wishing to fight tended to trust in steel, not the unarmed style of the monks, and so their order was slowly but surely dying, their members falling one by one in defence of the town.

And so her training and little games of hide and seek with the monks continued, until one day, with Eria in her early twenties, the last of the monks fell. Eria saw to his cremation, carved his name into the wall at the back of the monastery where the names of all the other fallen had been recorded, gathered her possessions, and left the monastery, and set out to build a life for herself.
    gotcha gotcha. Looking nice so far. Looking forward to fully going over some sheets in the next couple of days when everyone starts getting there.

How many people are gonna get character images? Always makes those sheets look purrty.

Also did I miss any questions? Or did anyone need anything? Trying to cover everything but I do miss a few things from time to time.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

So, Myth-weavers is being a pill and I can't finish my sheet, but here is my backstory for Loba:

Spoiler: Loba
    Show

Long roads the Sword of Fury makes

Hard walls it builds around the soft

The fighter who Townsaver takes

Can bid farewell to home and croft.
    ~Fred Saberhagen

A petite elf of indeterminable age, Loba is never seen without her well worn surcoat: a thigh-length, dark chestnut gray affair with ochre trim and a wide collar that unbuttons into a hood. It is, clearly, at least a size too big for her. She wears dull tunics, leggings and the tallest boots she can afford underneath. Her features are beautiful, if intense, made worse by the fact she shaves one side of her head and lets her dark hair fall over in a wave over the other side. When she summons her azure mind blade, it forms a proper sword hilt with two thin 'bars' twining around each other to make the blade itself, coming to a sharp point.

She is, altogether, a very, very determined woman.

Calling herself a Slayer, Loba is, often, the first (or last, depending on your point of view) warrior on the wrong side of the wall when night falls. She gives off more of a barbaric air than a trained military woman, but either way she reeks of killing intent. Having served several towns (no less than half of which were on the verge of collapse) as part of their defenses against the demons, she is seen by others as both something of a jinx, and the most violent, savage beast a town can throw at the monsters.

It is through her sheer tenacity, the unpredictability of her weapon, life or death training and above all else: -Gods-Damned-Luck- that she hasn't died yet. She has grown more canny and disciplined since she first began her single minded crusade to murder as many demons as she can before her life is snuffed out, and she has also, thankfully, become more mindful of other defenders in recent years. Whether she values them or respects that not everyone shares her death wish, or just sees them as reinforcements, remains a mystery.

In her down time she remains a quiet and brooding perfectionist, but something of a shy one. She is (painfully) aware that killing monsters is all there is to her life, that she is terrible at socializing, but doesn't know where to begin fixing this. It's very likely that she ties her entire self worth to her sword, and would openly agree that she is nothing without it.

Background:
    Loba is looking for a demon, clad in a jester's costume who calls himself Mockingblade.

Few know that she is among the sparse refugees of the formerly great elven enclave Senameris which fell to complete ruin nearly three decades ago. Up until that point it had been considered impregnable by the world's survivors but this was largely due to its leaders being xenophobic egotists who sealed themselves off by magical means and refused to let any outsiders into the depths of their woods.

Little did they know that their downfall would com from within. Mockingblade had infiltrated the enclave before the leaders had erected their barriers, and slowly, patiently, he appeared to those denizens who were fearful of the outside world. Disguised as a patient, empathetic friend, he taught specific key elves the way of the mindblade, so that they "would always have protection."

On a lark, he also trained a single, sweet, innocent child who had only wanted to keep her mam and pa safe...

But the other 'students' were important figures in the hierarchy, who were not only given the power of mind blades in a culture that was staunchly pacifistic, he sewed seeds of distrust and or ambition among them. It didn't take years, only months before these figures turned on each other and the leaders of Senameris, and the enclave's defenses fell. Mockingblade then sent out a call for his demonic brethren, promising them a fine feast.

With one exception, all those who were influenced by Mockingblade were torn to shreds, most of the elves slain and fewest of all were those who scattered to the four winds.

With One Exception.

Loba survived, even though her family did not. She would always remember the echoing laughter of the jester who ruined her life, as he danced from rooftop to rooftop watching demons slaughter all those around her. If Mockingblade is even aware that she lived, he doesn't care, as he turned his interests to the other surviving towns and settlements. But Loba will never forget nor forgiven what he did. And she's going to stay alive until she hacks Mockingblade apart or dies trying.

You snuck it in when I was making my big post lol missed a chance to include it. Funny or not so funny elves live for a longer time so statically their totems powers are weaker, so they try merging into bigger cities now. :3

Spoiler: Potiential Image for Mockingblade lol
    Show
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d10+8)[17]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[18]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[12]

Not sure I'll have the time to work on a character, but we'll see.

Are you by any chance open to homebrew "fixes" for some classes? Here's the Warlock (not mine, I should add, I found it through another game here on GitP).
    Last edited by namo; 2024-02-10 at 07:18 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Yea Vop for me always looks like someone is gesalting. Adding a whole extra class. The bonuses far outweigh magic gear until at least level 13. Way to powerful imo.

Gotcha gotcha. I can kinda work something out with that lol you probably would notice if some farmers start disappearing and moral falling right? lol. Making some plans in me brain argh! xD

Looking at it. It seems perfectly fine. Just a rogue with some minor psyicness. Also for the classes thing I thought you were doing 1/1/2 lol at level 4 was rough normally thats averaged out at 7 if you could start at lvl 6 id be fine with it?

gotcha gotcha. Looking nice so far. Looking forward to fully going over some sheets in the next couple of days when everyone starts getting there.

How many people are gonna get character images? Always makes those sheets look purrty.

Also did I miss any questions? Or did anyone need anything? Trying to cover everything but I do miss a few things from time to time.
    Not sure you saw Ja’s sheet and build above and my suggestion about her perk.

30. - Top - End - #60

Rerolling #5 and #6:
    (1d10+8)[9]
    (1d10+8)[10]
    edit: haha, horrible re-rolls, but the set is still decent enough
    Last edited by namo; 2024-02-10 at 07:15 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson