New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5e/+) End of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    You snuck it in when I was making my big post lol missed a chance to include it. Funny or not so funny elves live for a longer time so statically their totems powers are weaker, so they try merging into bigger cities now. :3

Spoiler: Potiential Image for Mockingblade lol
    Show
    Is that part of the background where the elves had a super magical barrier up a problem? I figured they had other means of defending themselves that Mockingblade effectively ruined, and can't be recovered.

While I do not yet have a picture of Loba, THIS is what I picture her mindblade shaped like, only it's all light/crystal/energy/etc.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Not sure you saw Ja’s sheet and build above and my suggestion about her perk.
    Ah my bad must have overlooked it or thought I saw it with my past post.

This is Ja, she is a Skarn, Totemist2/Warblade2 (Warblade1->totemist 1,2->Warblade2)

There are a few things undecided like her 3rd level feat and gear, also, if we are limited to the SRD flaws, I'll probably won't bother adding a flaw since those are boring.

As for perks, something that mixes incarnum with maneuvers would be cool, I usuall don't ask about homebrew or fixes, but this wonderful Incarnum fix by BelGareth is kind of tempting: Bel's Totemist fix

You have her personality on the sheet, but I'll work on her background a bit more.

Ja-The Cunning
    f NG Skarn Totemist2/Warblade2, Level 4, Init 1, HP 14/14, Speed 30ft
    AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14, Fort 6, Ref 4, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Spines +7 or +2 (1d6+4 , )
    Girallon Claws +8 or +3/+3/+3 (1d4+5(+3), )
    Battleaxe +7 (1d8+4, x3)
    Chainshirt (+4 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 12
    Condition None

rolling HP

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    Tbh never played or had a player played either of those classes before (totemist and incarnate) Ill look into it but might take a minute to figure out how to make a perk to mesh gotta read on two new classes loll. Like the personality looking forward to the bio lol.

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Not sure I'll have the time to work on a character, but we'll see.

Are you by any chance open to homebrew "fixes" for some classes? Here's the Warlock (not mine, I should add, I found it through another game here on GitP).
    Yea I dont mind some fixes looking over that it seems fine. As well what's ya patron gonna be :3
    Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    Rerolling #5 and #6:
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    edit: haha, horrible re-rolls, but the set is still decent enough
    Yep pretty good rolls overall.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    Is that part of the background where the elves had a super magical barrier up a problem? I figured they had other means of defending themselves that Mockingblade effectively ruined, and can't be recovered.

While I do not yet have a picture of Loba, THIS is what I picture her mindblade shaped like, only it's all light/crystal/energy/etc.
    Ah nope just was saying what kinda happened to them afterwards. Tbh them having a giant magical barrier and demons infiltrating actually adds to the story could be a cause as to why totems are important since it helps preventing infiltration like with what happened to that city so no problem at all. Matter of fact I'll probably add that to world lore
    Spoiler: Avatar’s picture
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Not sure you saw Ja’s sheet and build above and my suggestion about her perk.
    So far I'm seeing a way to link up auras and martial stances. Maybe have a buff relating to aura on top of it while also increasing combat effectiveness. I can construct something along those lines. But before I do was that roughly what you were hoping for? Its going to have some minor passives but only one active skill. Or were you aiming for something else?
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Farmers going Missing? I assume that nearby farmers buy up their land and become plantation owners? My average ass will assume that its some sort of rich person getting richer, poor person getting poorer scheme, Im not seeing a copper of them profits, just means I gotta work harder. Hes gonna be a bit dense, unless someone directly tells him information, hes not gonna know or go fishing about it. Unless it deals with K. Nature. thatll be the one thing he thinks about. Crop rotations! Animal Husbandry! Seasonal Weather patterns!
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Duly noted!

https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2878980 here is Loba's sheet. I'm still figuring out what to do with the rest of her starting gold other than "potions and ponies" (so to speak) but generally this is how I plan to go.

Pros/Cons:

+ Dex Tank who can fight on the front lines
    + She always has a weapon whose psychic strike melee can match the damage of a 5th level wizard's fireball and then some.
    + Autohypnosis is criminally underrated and useful AF
    + Combat build allows her trigger multiple AoOs and still stay out of reach

+/- All her money will be sunk in armor enhancements and wondrous items

- Con/fort saves aren't great
    - Limited Power Points to keep her AC up.
    - When she calls herself a Slayer, she's not kidding; almost entirely combat focused, poor social skills.
    - Poor attack range
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: VoP tangent
    Show

Lvl WBL VoP Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    1 1 1
    2 1 1 1
    3 3 3 2 1
    4 5 5 2 1 2
    5 9 7 2 1 2 2
    6 13 12 5 1 2 2 2
    7 19 15 5 1 2 2 2 1 2
    8 27 25 5 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 8
    9 36 30 10 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 8
    10 49 71 10 1 10 2 2 1 2 2 8 33
    11 66 87 10 1 10 2 2 1 18 2 8 33
    12 88 109 17 1 10 2 8 1 18 2 8 33 9
    13 110 132 17 1 10 2 8 4 18 2 8 33 9 20
    14 150 182 17 1 20 2 8 4 18 2 8 33 9 20 40
    15 200 235 26 1 20 2 8 4 54 2 8 41 9 20 40
    16 260 241 26 1 20 2 8 4 54 8 8 41 9 20 40
    17 340 350 26 1 34 2 8 9 54 8 8 41 9 20 40 90
    18 440 576 37 1 34 2 18 9 54 8 8 41 9 20 40 90 205
    19 580 767 37 1 34 2 18 9 120 8 8 166 9 20 40 90 205
    20 760 865 37 1 52 2 18 9 120 8 8 166 9 100 40 90 205

1) AC Bonus: Initial bonus almost entirely identical to mithral chain shirt. Hypothetically really high Dex characters would benefit more from this, and the MCS would have a slight ASF but when you dig into it that's basically only really a problem for a small subset of arcane casters (and even for them, it's a small problem). So 1100 gp value initially, and then gaining +1 enhancement worth at every 3rd lvl. The 100 will stop mattering quick and makes the table ugly so excising it for simplicity.

Bonus Feats: In one sense, value here is entirely dependent on when you took VoP, because you get more of these the earlier you took VoP. In another sense, value here doesn't care about when you took VoP, because you're only allowed to take Exalted feats, which are broadly speaking just garbage. In yet another sense, even if you found some fitting for your build, it's not until the third bonus feat that you're actually pulling ahead because you had to go two feats in the hole to gain these benefits in the first place. Most builds do not have three exalted feats they really want, so I'm counting this as a wash.

2) Endure Elements: 1k value.

3) Exalted Strike: Some builds (mages mostly) would not buy magic weapons except maybe late-game when they may as well drop a few grand on an adamantine dagger they'll never use in combat. Some builds would buy maybe a fully-charged melee and ranged weapon, so they'd get two. Some builds (mostly monks) will buy extra-expensive stuff for enchanting natural weapons to be magic. Let's say the average build has one weapon they really care about, since that's most accurate to my experience. Oh, and the lvl 10 upgrade, after comparing to Fiendslayer crystal, should be about a 2k value.

4) Sustenance: 2.5k value. Really, less than that, so let's call it 2k.

5) Deflection: Straightforward.

6) Resistance: Straightforward.

7) Ability Score Enhancement: Straightforward. Not including the epic x10 cuz that's just kinda silly.

8) Natural Armor: Straightforward.

9) Mind Shielding: 8k value.

10) Damage Reduction: There's a bunch of DR shirts in the MIC. If we assume the usual X^2 times 1000 or something like that and use those shirts to figure out what the "1000" should be, then DR 5/magic should be about 33k, DR 5/evil about 41k, and DR 10/evil about 166k. That's probably fine.

11) Greater Sustenance: Call it a necklace of adaption. Necklace would give more, but it also gives this. 9k value.

12) Energy Resistance: Extrapolating from ER rings, it's ER 5 (all) should be 20k, and ER 15 (all) should be 100k.

13) Freedom Of Movement: 40k value.

14) Regeneration: 90k value.

15) True Seeing: Based on custom spell effects, 205k value? PF has an item that costs like 180k or something but idk why it's cheaper for no reason.

Very long story short: you're breaking even lvl 2-4, lagging behind WBL from lvls 5-9, and ahead on total value at lvl 10-20 (although if you don't find DR valuable, you're essentially breaking even). So if you don't particularly care for DR, then at best VoP is a sidegrade to WBL that costs you two feats and takes away your ability to choose. If you care about the DR, then starting at lvl 10 you'll be getting more value from VoP than WBL. The price to pay for an average 10% increase to total value is two feats, a strict set of roleplaying limitations, and the ability to choose how your wealth is distributed. It would maybe be worth taking if it was an alternative to WBL, instead of a feat tree. As it stands, it's pretty much not worth taking on most characters. Druids can get away with it better than most.

Not sure what to make. 17/14/14/14/14/12 makes it hard to be awful no matter what I do. Maybe something weird...

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll use first my reroll on #1, then see where I'm at, if it's decent enough I may well not risk using the other reroll.

(1d10+8)[17]
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

So far I'm seeing a way to link up auras and martial stances. Maybe have a buff relating to aura on top of it while also increasing combat effectiveness. I can construct something along those lines. But before I do was that roughly what you were hoping for? Its going to have some minor passives but only one active skill. Or were you aiming for something else?
    I'm not completely sure on what you mean by Auras, perhaps your are thinking about the Totem Shaman? The totemist does not use auras. Maybe if I tell you what my character is trying to achieve at a high level:

1. Combine Martial maneuvers, specially counters, with the Natural attacks that Totemist (and Skarn) gets. There's no class that advances soulmelds and martial maneuvers. But that is kinda solved by how Initiator levels work, so I can pick Warblade levels at certain points and keep totemist. There's also the Bloodclaw master, but I don't like it too much, it is poorly worded about natural attacks.

2. Bel's fix to Totemist gives slightly better soulmeds/bind progressions which advance way too slow otherwise. But if you are not familiar with incarnum, I understand your doubts. In sum, totemist shape aspects of magical beasts that grant them abilities similar to the magical beast's: four arms like a girallon, three bite attacks as a chimera, blink as a blink dog etc... They know all their soulmelds from level 1 but can only shape a few per day and these become cooler when you bind them to a chakra. Bel's fix scales the chakras more reasonably, the official Totemist stacks them in a few levels.

3. Finally, Soulmelds, Psionics, and Martial maneuvers have some synergies and feats that work together and psionic and soulmelds are closely related in theme.

My idea for Ja is that of an outsider, perhaps the only surviving skarn, she is young but attuned to the spirits of magical beasts that perhaps no longer exist and with a mind that is somehow distant from their reality as if she could see beyond the veil and destruction.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Farmers going Missing? I assume that nearby farmers buy up their land and become plantation owners? My average ass will assume that its some sort of rich person getting richer, poor person getting poorer scheme, Im not seeing a copper of them profits, just means I gotta work harder. Hes gonna be a bit dense, unless someone directly tells him information, hes not gonna know or go fishing about it. Unless it deals with K. Nature. thatll be the one thing he thinks about. Crop rotations! Animal Husbandry! Seasonal Weather patterns!
    Gotcha lol. Im pretty sure your not dumb lol average int but your upbringing makes you more single focused.

Duly noted!

https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2878980 here is Loba's sheet. I'm still figuring out what to do with the rest of her starting gold other than "potions and ponies" (so to speak) but generally this is how I plan to go.

Pros/Cons:

+ Dex Tank who can fight on the front lines
    + She always has a weapon whose psychic strike melee can match the damage of a 5th level wizard's fireball and then some.
    + Autohypnosis is criminally underrated and useful AF
    + Combat build allows her trigger multiple AoOs and still stay out of reach

+/- All her money will be sunk in armor enhancements and wondrous items

- Con/fort saves aren't great
    - Limited Power Points to keep her AC up.
    - When she calls herself a Slayer, she's not kidding; almost entirely combat focused, poor social skills.
    - Poor attack range
    gotcha gotcha lol I recommend an ever burning torch :3 Also maybe some tool kits of some natures. But who knows ;)

Spoiler: Maybe an Orb of the Orgeking? xD
    Show

Orb of the Ogreking (Artifact)
    Your Intelligence ability score is decreased by 4. Your height increases by 1 foot, and your weight increases by 100 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Spoiler: VoP tangent
    Show

Lvl WBL VoP Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    1 1 1
    2 1 1 1
    3 3 3 2 1
    4 5 5 2 1 2
    5 9 7 2 1 2 2
    6 13 12 5 1 2 2 2
    7 19 15 5 1 2 2 2 1 2
    8 27 25 5 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 8
    9 36 30 10 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 8
    10 49 71 10 1 10 2 2 1 2 2 8 33
    11 66 87 10 1 10 2 2 1 18 2 8 33
    12 88 109 17 1 10 2 8 1 18 2 8 33 9
    13 110 132 17 1 10 2 8 4 18 2 8 33 9 20
    14 150 182 17 1 20 2 8 4 18 2 8 33 9 20 40
    15 200 235 26 1 20 2 8 4 54 2 8 41 9 20 40
    16 260 241 26 1 20 2 8 4 54 8 8 41 9 20 40
    17 340 350 26 1 34 2 8 9 54 8 8 41 9 20 40 90
    18 440 576 37 1 34 2 18 9 54 8 8 41 9 20 40 90 205
    19 580 767 37 1 34 2 18 9 120 8 8 166 9 20 40 90 205
    20 760 865 37 1 52 2 18 9 120 8 8 166 9 100 40 90 205

1) AC Bonus: Initial bonus almost entirely identical to mithral chain shirt. Hypothetically really high Dex characters would benefit more from this, and the MCS would have a slight ASF but when you dig into it that's basically only really a problem for a small subset of arcane casters (and even for them, it's a small problem). So 1100 gp value initially, and then gaining +1 enhancement worth at every 3rd lvl. The 100 will stop mattering quick and makes the table ugly so excising it for simplicity.

Bonus Feats: In one sense, value here is entirely dependent on when you took VoP, because you get more of these the earlier you took VoP. In another sense, value here doesn't care about when you took VoP, because you're only allowed to take Exalted feats, which are broadly speaking just garbage. In yet another sense, even if you found some fitting for your build, it's not until the third bonus feat that you're actually pulling ahead because you had to go two feats in the hole to gain these benefits in the first place. Most builds do not have three exalted feats they really want, so I'm counting this as a wash.

2) Endure Elements: 1k value.

3) Exalted Strike: Some builds (mages mostly) would not buy magic weapons except maybe late-game when they may as well drop a few grand on an adamantine dagger they'll never use in combat. Some builds would buy maybe a fully-charged melee and ranged weapon, so they'd get two. Some builds (mostly monks) will buy extra-expensive stuff for enchanting natural weapons to be magic. Let's say the average build has one weapon they really care about, since that's most accurate to my experience. Oh, and the lvl 10 upgrade, after comparing to Fiendslayer crystal, should be about a 2k value.

4) Sustenance: 2.5k value. Really, less than that, so let's call it 2k.

5) Deflection: Straightforward.

6) Resistance: Straightforward.

7) Ability Score Enhancement: Straightforward. Not including the epic x10 cuz that's just kinda silly.

8) Natural Armor: Straightforward.

9) Mind Shielding: 8k value.

10) Damage Reduction: There's a bunch of DR shirts in the MIC. If we assume the usual X^2 times 1000 or something like that and use those shirts to figure out what the "1000" should be, then DR 5/magic should be about 33k, DR 5/evil about 41k, and DR 10/evil about 166k. That's probably fine.

11) Greater Sustenance: Call it a necklace of adaption. Necklace would give more, but it also gives this. 9k value.

12) Energy Resistance: Extrapolating from ER rings, it's ER 5 (all) should be 20k, and ER 15 (all) should be 100k.

13) Freedom Of Movement: 40k value.

14) Regeneration: 90k value.

15) True Seeing: Based on custom spell effects, 205k value? PF has an item that costs like 180k or something but idk why it's cheaper for no reason.

Very long story short: you're breaking even lvl 2-4, lagging behind WBL from lvls 5-9, and ahead on total value at lvl 10-20 (although if you don't find DR valuable, you're essentially breaking even). So if you don't particularly care for DR, then at best VoP is a sidegrade to WBL that costs you two feats and takes away your ability to choose. If you care about the DR, then starting at lvl 10 you'll be getting more value from VoP than WBL. The price to pay for an average 10% increase to total value is two feats, a strict set of roleplaying limitations, and the ability to choose how your wealth is distributed. It would maybe be worth taking if it was an alternative to WBL, instead of a feat tree. As it stands, it's pretty much not worth taking on most characters. Druids can get away with it better than most.

Not sure what to make. 17/14/14/14/14/12 makes it hard to be awful no matter what I do. Maybe something weird...
    Idk maybe its just me then. But whenever I had it played it always changed the balance of my games. But then again havent touched it in like maybe 5 years? I might slide and give it a chance it the future. ]

Weird is good. I like making weird builds myself the orc barbarian min max but buys only magic items and says he is a wizard. Maxes his disguise and bluff so people believe him until he takes off his cloak. xD
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'll pass on that orb...

But what about perks?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
    I'll use first my reroll on #1, then see where I'm at, if it's decent enough I may well not risk using the other reroll.

[roll0]
    This is the world telling ya to keep risking it xD go for broke! lol

I'm not completely sure on what you mean by Auras, perhaps your are thinking about the Totem Shaman? The totemist does not use auras. Maybe if I tell you what my character is trying to achieve at a high level:

1. Combine Martial maneuvers, specially counters, with the Natural attacks that Totemist (and Skarn) gets. There's no class that advances soulmelds and martial maneuvers. But that is kinda solved by how Initiator levels work, so I can pick Warblade levels at certain points and keep totemist. There's also the Bloodclaw master, but I don't like it too much, it is poorly worded about natural attacks.

2. Bel's fix to Totemist gives slightly better soulmeds/bind progressions which advance way too slow otherwise. But if you are not familiar with incarnum, I understand your doubts. In sum, totemist shape aspects of magical beasts that grant them abilities similar to the magical beast's: four arms like a girallon, three bite attacks as a chimera, blink as a blink dog etc... They know all their soulmelds from level 1 but can only shape a few per day and these become cooler when you bind them to a chakra. Bel's fix scales the chakras more reasonably, the official Totemist stacks them in a few levels.

3. Finally, Soulmelds, Psionics, and Martial maneuvers have some synergies and feats that work together and psionic and soulmelds are closely related in theme.

My idea for Ja is that of an outsider, perhaps the only surviving skarn, she is young but attuned to the spirits of magical beasts that perhaps no longer exist and with a mind that is somehow distant from their reality as if she could see beyond the veil and destruction.
    Ah when you said Incarnum I thought you said incarnate that one had auras lol.

1 We can always make it so blood claw is worded in a better way? lol

2 Get it kinda. Im thinking of it a bit more like might guy going 8 gates dragon/ asura mode.

3 I'm seeing that a bit with the link you sent. Just dont know it 100% like the triple attack move ya got not 100% sure I saw a way you could get a double attack. Unless you ran it 2 attacks then offhand but that didn't account the penalty.

Trying to hammer the perk might be a bit more tricky then. Unless I do it like [Primal Instinct] route and give you the ability to retaliate when attacked at? Could counter with an manever and or natural attacks. Something like that? When it levels up it be very pretty too lol
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

I think I'll pass on that orb...

But what about perks?
    I have some ideas with personality but what might you be hoping for? I can grab one thats close to it and tweak it to match or make it fun
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Hrm...

I'm just listing off ideas but possibly something movement related (Improved Combat Slide?) or extra power points or... Actually most of all, I think something that reflects Loba's diehard nature and her seemingly impossible capacity to survive certain death situations. She's not there yet, but at the rate she's going, she's going to get a "Dude, she is REALLY effing crazy" reputation...among the demons themselves.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ah I'm getting it now. Something along the lines of all or nothing. Looking into it more its just like upping silent image to minor image? Did you want me to rework the perk?
    More like adding shadow illusion effect from shadow craft mage prestige class without adding shadow descriptor to the illusion (figment) spells or being similar to shadow conjuration/evocation, mime's wall and similar to tangible illusion except it is not real if you pass save (e.g if illusion is wall, if target fail real save, they hit wall. If that pass save, no wall). Of course, if it is too strong for a perk, maybe have it scale or discard the idea. Minimum, maybe make it so that my character does not waste a spell slot when having their illusion disproved by a rock causing auto-disbelief or save to all witnesses.

Rework: Yes. But more like a booster active to illusion spells. Make it hard to disbelief (as in the illusion not ended by a rock passing through it) at the very minimum.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-02-11 at 12:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

2) You probably would do actually better being a barbarian in this setting. I have a soft spot for warriors so no underpowering should happen feel free to play what your heart desires. Good thing with the perk system you should be able to live more in your roleplay fantasy mode and enjoy it more than trying to min max everything.

3) As for level I'm honestly unsure right now. It really depends on you guys. If you want to try and save the world and beat up the demon gods, it can get pretty high leveled. Or if you want to build a city and survive different levels. I like giving my players freedom. My last game I gave them 5 different plot hooks they could explore and they kept going different ways was interesting: p

4) as for the city brawler barb is there a solid link you can send me so I can view it more in depth? I'm pretty sure it will be fine. But what I was reading out might have some redundancies that we can patch but maybe the already did? Don't know haven't see the link yet lol (tbh going unarmed might work better in some cases too lol)

I try answering any questions asked even if it raises more

Lovely, thanks for the info! I'll plan out twenty levels of Barbarian Goodness (or okay-ness that intrigues me :P)

I don't know of any good links for the City Brawler ACF, and I'm afraid of coming up against forum rules. Basically i want to make an Improved Unarmed Strike barbarian and was hoping to avoid a Monk or Unarmed Swordsage Dip to make it happen. The free Two Weapon Fighting is also of interest, but could let it go. I can work without the ACF, just let me know which way to go.

Basic Idea - Elemental Barbarian Pulling from the various Elemental Planes seeping through the thinned veil. Still considering ways to get other elemental additions, but so far have Fire, Cold, Earth
    Stub at ECL4 (assuming City Brawler ACF):
    Mineral Warrior Shifter, Razorclaw (+1 LA) Lion Spirit Totem Barbarian 1/Hit & Run Fighter 2 [then Barbarian +2/Frostrager 5/Warshaper 4/????]
    Feats: Frozen Berserker (Flaw), Blazing Berserker (1), Power Attack (Bonus 1), Blind Fight (Bonus 2), Extra Rage (3), Improved Unarmed Strike (Bonus 3), Two Weapon Fighting (Bonus 3, unarmed only)

Perks will wait and choose from the options presented - curious to see what you've come up with!

Full build and background to come, hopefully tomorrow!

~Rai

16. - Top - End - #76

Looking at it. It seems perfectly fine. Just a rogue with some minor psyicness. Also for the classes thing I thought you were doing 1/1/2 lol at level 4 was rough normally thats averaged out at 7 if you could start at lvl 6 id be fine with it?
    Nah I meant 3/1 going into 3/1/1, but it’s no biggie just more damage vs more options & defense

Will go for a Elan Factotum 3/Psychic Rogue 1

17. - Top - End - #77

NinjaGuy

Right, I need ability scores. Here goes:

1) (1d8+10)[12]
    2) (1d8+10)[11]
    3) (1d8+10)[11]
    4) (1d8+10)[15]
    5) (1d8+10)[15]
    6) (1d8+10)[17]

18. - Top - End - #78

NinjaGuy

Rerolling 2&3:

2) (1d8+10)[16]
    3) (1d8+10)[14]
    Last edited by RaiKirah; 2024-02-10 at 10:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Hrm...

I'm just listing off ideas but possibly something movement related (Improved Combat Slide?) or extra power points or... Actually most of all, I think something that reflects Loba's diehard nature and her seemingly impossible capacity to survive certain death situations. She's not there yet, but at the rate she's going, she's going to get a "Dude, she is REALLY effing crazy" reputation...among the demons themselves.
    [Till death do we part](Level 1) Your endless bloodlust causes you to ignore damage. Even go as far to say get stronger from it! Making you a dangerous beast on the battlefield. +4 CON,+2 Will and Reflex saves. Gain Diehard feat

Battle Lust: You gain +1Dr, +1natural armor +1 to all elemental resistances. +10 Movement speed per 10 hp lost.

1/8hr (Channel Bloodlust) You can harness the power of your bloodlust to do a supernatural feat listed below!
    -You can recover 1d4hp per 10hp lost.
    -You can increase strength or dexterity by +2 for every 10hp lost. Lasting 1d6+con+PL rounds
    -You can add an extra attack every round. (A round for every 10 hp lost before use.)
    -Gain +10 additional movement speed per 10hp lost. Lasting for 1d6+Con+PL

How is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    More like adding shadow illusion effect from shadow craft mage prestige class without adding shadow descriptor to the illusion (figment) spells or being similar to shadow conjuration/evocation, mime's wall and similar to tangible illusion except it is not real if you pass save (e.g if illusion is wall, if target fail real save, they hit wall. If that pass save, no wall). Of course, if it is too strong for a perk, maybe have it scale or discard the idea. Minimum, maybe make it so that my character does not waste a spell slot when having their illusion disproved by a rock causing auto-disbelief or save to all witnesses.

Rework: Yes. But more like a booster active to illusion spells. Make it hard to disbelief (as in the illusion not ended by a rock passing through it) at the very minimum.
    To be honest your perk is already like tangible illusion lol but gonna rework it a tad.

[Mind over Matter] (Level 1) Your imaginary mind expanded at an unbelievable rate. Making the stuff of dreams into reality. You can breathe life into your thoughts strengthen their likeness and reality. +4 Wis +4 Concentration +2 Perception. Your Illusions have a semi solid state. (Granted not very strong. But strong enough as to throwing simple objects at it wont break it.

3x/8h (Create illusions) Your able to create illusions from your mind. The save dc is 10+wis+PerkLvl to resist. Can create an image of your choice in a 5ft square within a 30ft range. Image lasts 1d3+wis+PL rounds. If you expend another charge dc is 10+wis+(PerkLvlx2) it also covers 10ft lasting +4 rounds. Another charge adds again as so. The illusion can be forcible dispelled by physical attacks. Your minor illusions durability is 5+wis+PerkLvl (in the case of multiple charges (2xPerkLvl, 3xPerklvl) In the case of making creatures its scale down the amount of charges expended.

I.e Minotaur is a Large 6d8+12 (39hp) AC 14 stats19, 10, 15, 7, 10, 8
    At one charge it would be Medium 1d8+1 AC10 13, 12, 11, 7, 10, 8 Progression as in savage species book. Granted though the size changes. If you make it a 15 ft minotaur vs a 5 ft stats due increase from size.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKirah View Post
    Lovely, thanks for the info! I'll plan out twenty levels of Barbarian Goodness (or okay-ness that intrigues me :P)

I don't know of any good links for the City Brawler ACF, and I'm afraid of coming up against forum rules. Basically i want to make an Improved Unarmed Strike barbarian and was hoping to avoid a Monk or Unarmed Swordsage Dip to make it happen. The free Two Weapon Fighting is also of interest, but could let it go. I can work without the ACF, just let me know which way to go.

Basic Idea - Elemental Barbarian Pulling from the various Elemental Planes seeping through the thinned veil. Still considering ways to get other elemental additions, but so far have Fire, Cold, Earth
    Stub at ECL4 (assuming City Brawler ACF):
    Mineral Warrior Shifter, Razorclaw (+1 LA) Lion Spirit Totem Barbarian 1/Hit & Run Fighter 2 [then Barbarian +2/Frostrager 5/Warshaper 4/????]
    Feats: Frozen Berserker (Flaw), Blazing Berserker (1), Power Attack (Bonus 1), Blind Fight (Bonus 2), Extra Rage (3), Improved Unarmed Strike (Bonus 3), Two Weapon Fighting (Bonus 3, unarmed only)

Perks will wait and choose from the options presented - curious to see what you've come up with!

Full build and background to come, hopefully tomorrow!

~Rai
    Or I can just be evil? buhahaha

[Elementalism](Level 1) You were always more in touch with the environment around you. Granting you an affinity towards nature learning how to harness it. +4 Wis. +5 to all elemental resistances. + Terran Language + Dark vision 60

(Elemental binding) Change your innate element to receive bonuses from it. Takes a full round action to change.

-Air- +2 Dex, +2 Nat armor. Fly 30ft (Good) Weight is halved. -4 vs overrun/bullrush. Air Mastery. (Airborne creatures take a -1 penalty on attack and damage rolls against you)

-Earth- +2 Con, +4 Nat armor -10 speed +4vs overrun/bullrush. Earth Mastery (Gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both you and your foe are touching the ground. If an opponent is airborne or waterborne, you take a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls

-Fire- +1 Str, +1 Dex +1 Nat Armor +10 Movement +5 fire resistance -5 Cold resistance. Adds burn for 1d4 rounds on attacks.

-Water- +2 Wisdom +2 Nat Armor, Swim speed is equal to movement, Water breathing. Water Mastery (Gain a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both you an your opponent are touching water. If the opponent or you are touching the ground, you takes a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls)

3/8h (Elemental Attunement) You are able to attune yourself to elements around you. Imbuing yourself with elemental might. Gain +1d6 dmg for chosen element (Wind is force. Earth is Sonic). Lasting for 1d3+wis+PL rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    Nah I meant 3/1 going into 3/1/1, but it’s no biggie just more damage vs more options & defense

Will go for a Elan Factotum 3/Psychic Rogue 1
    Gotcha gotcha lol

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKirah View Post
    Rerolling 2&3:

2) [roll0]
    3) [roll1]
    Nice rolls lol. I never have luck myself
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Never turn down an opportunity to roll some dice.

(1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[12]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[13]

And in case I need them...

(1d10+8)[11]
    (1d10+8)[15]

Given the state of the world, rolls permitting, I think I'll go Paladin of Freedom. A real beacon of hope against the darkness. While others might lower their heads and try to avoid drawing attention to themselves, this would be someone who eagerly jumps to the aid of others in trouble. They'll take on anything, face any challenge, even when the chances of success are zero. This isn't because of some misplaced pride or arrogance, but rather they want to serve as an inspiration to others. They want people to know there's no such thing as "hopeless" as long as there are those willing to give hope to others.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

This is the world telling ya to keep risking it xD go for broke! lol

Ah when you said Incarnum I thought you said incarnate that one had auras lol.

1 We can always make it so blood claw is worded in a better way? lol

2 Get it kinda. Im thinking of it a bit more like might guy going 8 gates dragon/ asura mode.

3 I'm seeing that a bit with the link you sent. Just dont know it 100% like the triple attack move ya got not 100% sure I saw a way you could get a double attack. Unless you ran it 2 attacks then offhand but that didn't account the penalty.

Trying to hammer the perk might be a bit more tricky then. Unless I do it like [Primal Instinct] route and give you the ability to retaliate when attacked at? Could counter with an manever and or natural attacks. Something like that? When it levels up it be very pretty too lol
    1. Na it's fine, not really interested in the class.
    2. Had to google that, yeah, kinda.
    3. Triple attack (quadruple actually) comes from Girallon Arms. The soulmeld bound to the Totem Chakra gives you four arms that end in claws, two of which overlap your natural arms. The 4 claws are natural attacks that do 1d4 damage. However, One claw is a primary attack and the other 3 are secondary attacks. You can also make an armed attack with the primary arm and then 3 secondary attacks or attack with another primary natural attack and then the 3 secondary claws. It is the whole stitch of the class, getting a lot of natural attacks. The -5 penalty to secondary attacks is applied, +8 to first attack and then +3/+3/+3 to the 3 claws. These can go to +10 +5/+5/+5 if only using the claws because of essentia invested, and I'll be dropping my AC often with Reckless Offense for an additional +2 to attack.

I'm fine with any Primal Instict fluff for the perk, it is a free boon! so up to you.

22. - Top - End - #82

Deadly game of doom? Funny way to roll stats? I'll at least have to roll. (Also, hey, Forsaken! Long time, no see.)

(1d10+8)[17]
    (1d10+8)[17]
    (1d10+8)[14]
    (1d10+8)[16]
    (1d10+8)[15]
    (1d10+8)[17]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

[Till death do we part](Level 1) Your endless bloodlust causes you to ignore damage. Even go as far to say get stronger from it! Making you a dangerous beast on the battlefield. +4 CON,+2 Will and Reflex saves. Gain Diehard feat

Battle Lust: You gain +1Dr, +1natural armor +1 to all elemental resistances. +10 Movement speed per 10 hp lost.

1/8hr (Channel Bloodlust) You can harness the power of your bloodlust to do a supernatural feat listed below!
    -You can recover 1d4hp per 10hp lost.
    -You can increase strength or dexterity by +2 for every 10hp lost. Lasting 1d6+con+PL rounds
    -You can add an extra attack every round. (A round for every 10 hp lost before use.)
    -Gain +10 additional movement speed per 10hp lost. Lasting for 1d6+Con+PL

How is that?

...I get ALL of that? o.o

Also, for stats, were we supposed to roll 1d10+8 or 1d8+10; I've noticed a discrepancy in that both have been rolled...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Its 1d10+8, but I see one person rolled 1d8+10,
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Never turn down an opportunity to roll some dice.

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

And in case I need them...

[roll6]
    [roll7]

Given the state of the world, rolls permitting, I think I'll go Paladin of Freedom. A real beacon of hope against the darkness. While others might lower their heads and try to avoid drawing attention to themselves, this would be someone who eagerly jumps to the aid of others in trouble. They'll take on anything, face any challenge, even when the chances of success are zero. This isn't because of some misplaced pride or arrogance, but rather they want to serve as an inspiration to others. They want people to know there's no such thing as "hopeless" as long as there are those willing to give hope to others.
    That be nice but chance of death jumping into hopeless situations in this game is ridiculously high lol.

Also for the rerolls they replace it. Not the take highest so did you replace the first two rolls? I believe that would have been the most reasonable.

1. Na it's fine, not really interested in the class.
    2. Had to google that, yeah, kinda.
    3. Triple attack (quadruple actually) comes from Girallon Arms. The soulmeld bound to the Totem Chakra gives you four arms that end in claws, two of which overlap your natural arms. The 4 claws are natural attacks that do 1d4 damage. However, One claw is a primary attack and the other 3 are secondary attacks. You can also make an armed attack with the primary arm and then 3 secondary attacks or attack with another primary natural attack and then the 3 secondary claws. It is the whole stitch of the class, getting a lot of natural attacks. The -5 penalty to secondary attacks is applied, +8 to first attack and then +3/+3/+3 to the 3 claws. These can go to +10 +5/+5/+5 if only using the claws because of essentia invested, and I'll be dropping my AC often with Reckless Offense for an additional +2 to attack.

I'm fine with any Primal Instict fluff for the perk, it is a free boon! so up to you.
    1 thats cool lol. Was hoping that would be the case.
    2 yeppers just was getting ideas for it.
    3 four attacks? :o very high for level 4. Is this class a homebrew? lol

[Primal Instincts](Level 1) Your beastly urges awaken making you move and react faster than most. + 2 dex, +2 wisdom. +10 move spd. +4 to tumble. +4 to spot, listen checks. Gain dodge feat and blind fight feats.

3/8h (Backed into the corner) When your attacked your instincts go into overdrive. Whether or not they hit you, you retaliate striking back wildly swinging at whomever is in reach.. This attack suffers a -6 to attack. but you can launch another full round attack at the enemy. Enemies striked in this way suffer a -2 to their ac per attack. Lastly 1d4 rounds. Every hit you successful hit grants you a 5-foot movement.

What ya think about that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Deadly game of doom? Funny way to roll stats? I'll at least have to roll. (Also, hey, Forsaken! Long time, no see.)

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]
    Howdy! Yea its been a bit lol also daaaaang +16 lol gonna use any rerolls? :3

...I get ALL of that? o.o

Also, for stats, were we supposed to roll 1d10+8 or 1d8+10; I've noticed a discrepancy in that both have been rolled...
    Well battle lust is a passive the channel bloodlust you pick one of those options not all lol. This perk is more of a passive one with one active skill lol seems like ya like it? was it what you hoping for roughly?

also its 1d10+8 I read his with "dsylexia" i think lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Its 1d10+8, but I see one person rolled 1d8+10,
    Yea its supposed to be the first way lol
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86

Howdy! Yea its been a bit lol also daaaaang +16 lol gonna use any rerolls? :3
    I'm tempted, actually. That's just crazy good. I'll have to do a straight Healer or something now!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

No, but I mean, can I pick one a single ability each time I use Channel bloodlust? Or do I just pick one and that's her only ability ever when using Channel Bloodlust?

So for example could she use the healing ability one day and the following day use the extra attack option?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

for ease of finding stuff later down the line, it might be a good idea to start tracking players using a table?

Player Character Race Classes Concept background
    DeTess Eria Shiro Half Drow Swordsage 4 Spider-ninja-monk https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...3&postcount=54
    - - - - - -
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-02-11 at 01:53 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    I'm tempted, actually. That's just crazy good. I'll have to do a straight Healer or something now!
    Yea or a monk duelist lol. that be like +9 ac while being naked xD

No, but I mean, can I pick one a single ability each time I use Channel bloodlust? Or do I just pick one and that's her only ability ever when using Channel Bloodlust?

So for example could she use the healing ability one day and the following day use the extra attack option?

You pick each time its used. So if you desperately need hp go for it. Or if ya gotta run away go for that speed boost lol

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    for ease of finding stuff later down the line, it might be a good idea to start tracking players using a table?

Player Character Race Classes Concept background
    DeTess Eria Shiro Half Drow Swordsage 4 Spider-ninja-monk https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...3&postcount=54
    - - - - - -
    lol nice danke ill let others snag it and pass it along for now as we still got a bit of work needed before starting.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Yea or a monk duelist lol. that be like +9 ac while being naked xD
    Eh, I'm already kinda doing both in other games right now (no, seriously, I have a character with 9 levels of Duelist). Also: too late! I'm some shopping fluffy fluffing up away from ginishing my Healer (I had to take a one level dip in Cpointaneous Cleric to fuel the 30' rays of 2d8+11 hp healing, but nobody's perfect, right?)!