New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Collection of "best of" class guides from GitP or elsewhere?

Looking for some generalized "these are some good options, builds and tactics" guides for the various 3.5, core and/or otherwise for people getting into the edition. There are a LOT floating around these forums and elsewhere. Is there a list of generally recommended guides I can find?
    Last edited by Ozreth; 2024-02-09 at 02:46 PM.
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Collection of "best of" class guides from GitP or elsewhere?

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...uides-(3-x-Ed)

lots of material to work with here

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet06320 View Post
    This is perfect thanks
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PF rather than 3.5, but Pathminder is an interesting resource - it's like a boutique selection of pre-archetyped classes (both Paizo and Dreamscarred Press material), intended to be roughly balanced against each other and fun to play.