New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Consolidated list of upcoming 5e changes?

For those who weren't following the UA articles and testing, is there a consolidated list of what people can expect from the new books? Our group isn't playing 5e but I'm curious about what is happening to the rules.
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Consolidated list of upcoming 5e changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozreth View Post
    For those who weren't following the UA articles and testing, is there a consolidated list of what people can expect from the new books? Our group isn't playing 5e but I'm curious about what is happening to the rules.
    The PHB is coming out about 17 September of 2024, you'll know then. If you are on DDB, you can get it in digital version before the print version comes out. (Or so the rumor goes).

There is an extended thread on the last UA and feedback, but that will only cover some of the changes since the 'final' changes are of course still in work.

Suggest you drop by that thread and ask for more detail.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-02-14 at 02:00 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

There's a consolidated playtest document covering the latest material across all nine 8.5 playtests, available here: https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/H8iRpbGyNtM4

It might take a little while due to its size, but you can print the whole thing to PDF for ease of play.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    The PHB is coming out about 17 September of 2024, you'll know then. If you are on DDB, you can get it in digital version before the print version comes out. (Or so the rumor goes).

There is an extended thread on the last UA and feedback, but that will only cover some of the changes since the 'final' changes are of course still in work.

Suggest you drop by that thread and ask for more detail.
    Beyond has a physical/digital bundle on books where you buy both and get 2 weeks early access on digital.

No reason to think it will change for the new ones.
    Last edited by Envyus; 2024-02-15 at 03:50 PM.