New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Is there ANY way to stack size increase in Pathfinder?

Are there any?

I want to use it with Form of the Dragon III just to be clear.

It's really more for show, but still.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Re: Is there ANY way to stack size increase in Pathfinder?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWitch View Post
    Are there any?

I want to use it with Form of the Dragon III just to be clear.

It's really more for show, but still.
    I wasn't aware that there was a general rule against size increases stacking in PF?

As long as the effect doesn't specify non-stacking it should stack.

If psionics is allowed, Expansion?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

I think enlarge person works.

The concensus (A DM is free to rule otherwise) is that a creature type doesn't change once polymorphed unless said otherwise.

So if you use Dragon Form III to become a Huge dragon then you could be made Gargantuan with an Enlarge Person spell, since you are still a humanoid. (If you are a Native Outsider, a Fairy or a Plant... Sorry...)

Note however that Dragon Form turns you into a Dragon of an specific size, regardless of your original size, so using Enlarge Person on yourself and then using Form of Dragon doesn't work.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CactusAir View Post
    I wasn't aware that there was a general rule against size increases stacking in PF?

As long as the effect doesn't specify non-stacking it should stack.

If psionics is allowed, Expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlarge Person
    Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack.
    https://pathfinder.d20srd.org/coreRu...enlarge-person

It does say magical, so if you can find a non-magical means that might work.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CactusAir View Post
    There is. The PF rule is that you can have one "real" size increase (such as Polymorph or Enlarge Person) and one "virtual" size increase (such as the Shillelagh spell or an Impact weapon).
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    There is. The PF rule is that you can have one "real" size increase (such as Polymorph or Enlarge Person) and one "virtual" size increase (such as the Shillelagh spell or an Impact weapon).
    It's only a rule insomuch as players use the online FAQ errata. It's not really directly mentioned in the core rules outside of enlarge person, or other specific sources, and enlarge person is not a general rule itself.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Darg View Post
    It's only a rule insomuch as players use the online FAQ errata. It's not really directly mentioned in the core rules outside of enlarge person, or other specific sources, and enlarge person is not a general rule itself.
    Pathfinder FAQs should be treated the same as errata if you ask Paizo staff, so no sane Pathfinder GM will let you stack size increases in a way inconsistent with the FAQ.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Darg View Post
    enlarge person is not a general rule itself
    It doesn't say "you can't stack this spell with other size increases" though, it says "multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack". That's a general rule. It might be a funny place to put it, but that's something PF inherited from 3.5: there are rules in all sorts of places you wouldn't think to look for them.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
    It doesn't say "you can't stack this spell with other size increases" though, it says "multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack". That's a general rule. It might be a funny place to put it, but that's something PF inherited from 3.5: there are rules in all sorts of places you wouldn't think to look for them.
    A spell description is not a general rule. The not stacking magical size increases rule is a case of specific exclusion. In core, it's made a common rule by providing the stacking exclusion in every source of magical size increasing effect that that doesn't run afoul of the One Effect Makes Another Irrelevant rule. In practice it is a general rule, but would not be one if there existed spells without the exclusion. For example, the psionic power Expansion doesn't all of a sudden make non-magical sources of size increases such as the goliath barbarian substitution level ability Mountain Rage not work with Enlarge Person.

Quote Originally Posted by Arutema View Post
    Pathfinder FAQs should be treated the same as errata if you ask Paizo staff, so no sane Pathfinder GM will let you stack size increases in a way inconsistent with the FAQ.
    So ignorance is equivalent to insanity. What is intended is not always the outcome.
    Last edited by Darg; 2024-02-20 at 02:17 AM.