I'm running a weird Wilds Beyond the Witchlight campaign. I'm setting it up to be very Kingdom Hearts. I'm not even a huge fan of KH, but the player is, so here's to them!

Heartless from the Realm of Darkness Shadowfell are going to be showing up.

The one PC will be trying to regain the memory of their dead sister (spoiler: it's not their dead sister, it's their heart, which is kinda like a soul and memories in Kingdom Hearts. You know what, don't think about it too hard). As they meet specific conditions they will get pieces of the memory back but of course things get weird. Gonna tie the hags in with the heartless in some corny ways.

When they get into fights and if they drop to zero they will wake up in that game over screen in Kingdom Hearts. Gonna run this more video-gamey. Enemies won't deal as much damage but there will be a lot of them at times.

But, as a bit of help, and because of the lolz, I've made Dernald D'uk

Dernald D'uk

Base Forest Gnome Sorcerer (Divine:Good)

Penalty: Can only talk like Donald Duck (which, I can mimic DD really well, like, it's hilarious). Basically, the player will be the face no matter what

Change: Will use Int as a spellcasting modifier instead of Cha.

Skills: Arcana (nerd), History (neeeeeerd), Religion (House of the Mouse), and Survival (this looks like a good spot to find some ingredients!)

Special: Dernald D'uk takes commands really well. If the player says to jump, Dernald will say, well not "how high", but however your would spell it for Donald Duck...

Dernald isn't really made to be all that effective outside of the basics. He can heal and be blasty but is a side kick through and through. At least once or twice I'm going to burn a spell slot to heal the PC when they don't need it. Gotta play the character right.

===

Side note, do you think Xkyon has been Norted or is just a member of organization 13?