New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

cool Re: (3.5 IC) End of Fate

Eria burned the image of the three creatures into her mind, then turned around and scuttled back to the rest. If it had been one she might have tried taking it in an ambush, but three was two too many.

Once she reached the rest of the group she scuttled down from the ceiling and transformed back.

"There's at least three undead humanois monsters ahead. Maybe more, but the rest of the bodies looked completely destroyed. The monsters are damaged too, so the captain probably came through in a hurry and didn't finish the job. They seemed strong, but I think we'd be able to take them as a group." She gave a quick report once she was done transforming, describing the scene ahead and the creatures she'd spotted.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5 IC) End of Fate

Maynard takes it all in, and nods thoughtfully.

Very well, we shall see if we can help the captain then. Though I'm surprised he'd still be alive yet not have accomplished his goal by this point; I'd have thought with how many hours have passed that the foes or he would be dead. How dark is the cave? What are our light sources? I do not see well in the dark, and I was not expecting to go far into caves so did not bring torches.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

"Pretty dark?" Eria replied to Maynard's question. "They probably would have noticed me otherwise. Darkness is no real issue for me though, so I can't judge how much of an issue it will be for you."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Having received new data and compared it to what he’d gathered, Ekkehardt made a conclusion. “From what I gather, they’re remnants of undead, which the captain cut down as he ventured further. He’s further into the tunnel, fighting some more powerful undead, so if we wish to reach him, we’ll have to pass said remnants, whether by defeating them or running past, although I don’t think the latter is a particularly good idea for this group.”
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2024-02-22 at 02:06 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Porky looked between the people with them

"Demon ghosts? Possessed corpses? Undead? Porky will cut them."

Porky put away his javelins and pulled out the silver greatsword.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

Huffing ever more loudly from the forced march and very nearlt just falling into the pit in her haste to catch up, Bryanthe succeeds in grabbing onto someone sturdy just in time to get away with little more than a clumsy stumble. I… Can just… Make myself glow… Just… Don't… Rush ahead again. Would you? she blurts out between sharp breaths. She inhales deeply, once, twice. I might be able to help. With the undead too. she adds with conviction flaring up in her opalescent eyes.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Bryanthe, due to her perk, is a Human Aasimar Torch whenever she wants to be!

7. - Top - End - #67

NinjaGuy

"Only three? Then the fastest way to the Captain is through I reckon, and I doubt he and his daughter have much time." Cyndred starts moving into the tunnel, steps stiff and deliberate, lumbering into a run with a heavy tread.

"And I wouldn't worry about the darkness," he calls back over his shoulder.

Spoiler: OOC - Cyndred Ariangar
    Show
    Cyndred is going to activate a Rage the moment he sees the undead to turn into a flaming chunk of ice (Blazing Berserker and Frozen Berserker). The rage will last for 10 rounds (CON = 24 with Rage up and in Earth Binding). While Blazing Berserker doesn't explicitly say you shed light, Cyndred is on fire, so it seems a reasonable assumption.

I wanted to just burst into flames while heading into the darkness for narrative reasons, but I realized I have no idea how far ahead they are and should probably wait :(
    Last edited by RaiKirah; 2024-02-22 at 03:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Porky follows suit, and will rage along side Cyndred, his razor teeth elongating and his muscles buldging out!
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Eria ran after Porky and the... elemental?... doing her best to keep pace, but staying behind the two of them. If she could at all help it she'd try not to be the main focus of the monsters.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Horrified and yet prepared for the worst, Ja moved forward, crouching like a displacer beast, ready to pounce on anything that may come towards.

Her natural hands grabbed the silvered greatsword, and her Girallon arms showec sharp claws, the spines on her back rose, alert, reminding everyone she was not human.

Spoiler
    Show
    Her AC is 16, but becomes 18 vs Evil creatures thanks to Lamasu Mantle

11. - Top - End - #71

NinjaGuy

Cyndred runs into the tunnels, quickly spying the three undead Eria had mentioned. Dim orange light bursts up through the cracks in Cyndred's skin as his body creaks and shifts, rounded organic shapes popping into crystaline structures and beginning to glow through his flesh. The coal-red light surges and bursts into flames as Cyndred's body is subsumed in fire and he charges at the nearest undead, fists flying.

Spoiler: OOC - Cyndred Ariangar
    Show
    Charge into Full Attack (Lion Spirit Barbarian):

Two Weapon Fighting with Unarmed Strikes:
    1st Attack: Unarmed Strike +10 - (1d20+10)[27]
    If Hits: Damage (1d3+6) (1d3+6)[8]

2nd Attack: Unarmed Strike +10 - (1d20+10)[15]
    If Hits: Damage (1d3+6) (1d3+6)[9]

HP = 48/48
    AC = 16, 8 Touch, 15 FF
    Rage Rounds: 1/10
    Conditions/(De)Buffs: Charge (-2 AC). Rage (+4 STR, +4 CON, Fire Subtype, Cold Subtype)

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

The sudden attack flings the undead crawling at the ground away. With a gutteral growl you see its arms pulsate as it launches itself flinging its body straight at you in revenge as its teeth bite deeply into your shoulder. As it tries to wrap its arm around you wanting to bite deeply again!

The growl attracting the other two undead attention the one armed one being closest to Cyndred slams its only arm at him his claws tearing out a deep chunk of flesh blood splatting. Luckily for Cyndred the two blocks the third undead from attacking him as it sets its sight on the next living creature in the area!

Its guts slowly falling out of his body as he charges towards piggy he rakes down both his arms at him the greenish claws slashing deep into Porky!

Blood from the living quickly starts to fall onto the ground. Its smell spreading in the air as the undead gaze screams at you that it wants to devour your flesh and eat all of you!

(Everyone up!)
    Spoiler: Avatar’s picture
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Porky is unharmed by the 2 armed attacks, shrugging them off his hide he lets out a primal squeal as he rages and attacks the two armed undead with his silver greatsword.
    Festival of Heroes:

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ja turns into battle mode, focus, relentless, and yet primal and reckless.

She crosses the battlefield in a perfect arc catching the third creature.

Spoiler: ACTIONS
    Show

Swift: two essentia to Girallon Claws for +2 enhancement bonus
    Free assign dodge bonus to that creature
    Free declare reckless offensive for +2 attack (-4 AC) +2 from charge (-2 additional to AC)

Charge using Raging Hunter Pounce: (full attack with sword and 2 claws) (1d20+12)[32] (2d6+6)[15] 1 claw(1d20+8)[19] 2 claws (1d20+8)[15] damage (1d4+6)[7] (1d4+6)[10]

Current AC 12

15. - Top - End - #75

Catching up with those who ran ahead, Ekkehardt shuffled just within 20' of the undead engaged in combat with porky and threw the deathsbane in hand at it, but his focus was off, causing it to splat right next to the creature.

Spoiler: note
    Show
    If the point at which the party caught up was at least 25’ from the closest undead creature, I’ll spend the move action taking out another deathsbane, else it’s used to get closer

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Maynard catches up with the swift-moving allies as best he can, and moves to support them in the fight. He slashes at the monstrosity, but it clatters off harmlessly.

Let's try to surround these things, that should help some.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Loba has been silent the entire time.

She did take a silver dagger, revealing otherwise she had no armaments strapped to her belt and ignores the rest.

"Captain survived this long because his daughter's life is on the line. Or so he thinks. He will live for her longer than any of the other soldiers. she says before coming to the monsters.

"Demon dogs..." She mutters and without much flourish, pulls her hand up as if she had drawn a sword. Only, she does. With a sudden, sharp metallic hum, like a giant wasp out of hell settled over her limb, energy manifests in Loba's closed hand, shooting upward and sculpting into a very detailed, intricate, angry red sword.

"Which side do you want me on?" she asks bluntly.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Eria stepped in silently behind the two-armed creature currently laying into Cyndred. She channelled energy into her fists and hit the creature twice in quick succession. Yet despite the solid hits the creature's tough hide absorbed the strength behind the blows effortlessly, leaving the creature unscathed.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2024-02-23 at 03:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Bryanthe barely has time to blink before Porky and the man on fire would charge straight into the fray. What? Wait! she tries to plead altogether all too quietly with where they were a moment ago, but realizing the futility of that course of action, she ends up just shaking her head and bolting after them, her skin flaring up with warm, white light.

Once catching sight of the melee, she can't not flinch, seeing the things and how they tore into poor Cyndred (that's the name!). Still, she hurries on, raising her daggerless hand, ripples of light, more intense yet, forming around her fingers, ready to send forth soothing life.

Show

Initiative: (1d20-4)[6];
    B. activates her light, and tries to either reach a safe side of Cyndred or get within 30' and cast CLW: (1d8+12)[16]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

The retaliation from your group seems to do little to no harm to them. Even as badly damaged as they are. In fact the healing magic seems to enrage the undead feasting on Cyndred shoulder as it pushes off him launching itself at Bryanthe repeating its actions that it did to Cyndred. Biting deeply into the healer.

While as the one-armed undead slashes at cyndred taking advantage of the push his claws slash deeply into his chest spilling blood that was freshly healed.

As piggy barely manages to dodge a hit from the wildly swinging undead who doesn't seem to be fighting as effectively as he should considering he has the most limbs intact.

(Everyone up again feel free to kill some undead!)
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Unfazed by his earlier failure, Ekkehardt sends a new deathsbane arcing towards the undead engaged with Porky hitting it square in the back, where the vial shatters. Seeing the skin crack and give way was a satisfactory outcome, so he fished out another vial from his bag.
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2024-02-23 at 10:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't know what you just did, but it seems to be working!" Eria shouted over to Ekkehardt before renewing her assault on the two-armed creature. Rather than trying to do anything tricky with feints and multiple hits, she instead channeled al her strength into a single blow. Her fist connected, and she could feel something breaking within the creature.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Porky hefts his sword High before swinging it down on the undead before him, cleaving into its undead flesh.

"dead should stay dead."
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #84

Bryanthe's eyes go wide as she is grabbed and savaged, letting loose a frightened squeal. Get it off, someone please get it off! she jabbers, beginning to helplessly squirm, more surprised, perhaps, than anyone else when her wild jab with the dagger happens to find actual purchase.

Show

Natural 20 for a glorious 3 points of damage rolled in the OOC!

(Also, who would have thought getting squeezed by a messed up Undead thing is all her voice needed to reach a normal volume?)

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

In a blur, Loba hauls it towards Bryanthe, or more specifically her attacker and the red blade she summoned swings down in a butcher's arc. No warning to the healer, no words or comments, she just lets the monster have it with her still humming weapon.

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

I'm am playing this with the notion that Loba always keeps her sword psychically charged, even if she's not planning on using it

Ergo:
    Attack(1d20+10)[27]
    Damage:(1d8+2)[6]
    Psychic Strike:(2d8)[10]

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

As the combat starts ramping up Bryanthe still struggling against the undead gets a lucky stab in going in between less dense parts of his thick skin. The damage minor was the first she caused to it. Not able to celebrate though as it opens its mouth wide once more and bites down again hard. Tearing out a decent size chunk of flesh enjoying the fresh blood being released. Before fully being able to enjoy its second chunk of Bryanthe a quick and powerful strike was delivered by Loba almost dicing the half undead into a quarter! It turns its attention towards the quick blade that stuck it no longer as focused on its current meal in front of it.

The one-armed zombie getting a bit wilder as the blood is freshening up the air claws down against cyndred once more trying to make a meal for itself!

Where as the third undead is getting struck from all sides. A potion striking his back. Eria's hand slamming powerfully onto it as he retaliates with a quick strike.

While hitting her he gets slashed with a quick blade from Maynard. With a guttural roar it claws down heavily at him. Its claws seem to tearing through something first before the attack lessens greatly before clawing into him.

Before Porky's powerful strike sends it almost tumbling to the ground! (its down to less than 5 hp) Barely able to stand back up properly you three can tell you almost have it on the ropes.

(everyone up!)
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-02-26 at 03:18 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Maynard tries to finish off the badly injured one, but his blade finds no purchase, clattering off harmlessly.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Loba isn't giving the thing a chance. Her sword's intensity (both the humming and the vibrancy of its red color) faded momentarily after she struck the undead the first time, but with the creature before her, she once more wills its power back to full.

This time she tries the old classic surefire way to kill the undead: stab it RIGHT in the face.

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

HP: 37
    AC: 20

Using a move action to charge psychic strike again and then attacking

Attack:(1d20+10)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[9]
    Psychic strike: (2d8)[9]

After this attack Loba, as a free action, activates combat slide and moves back 5 feet.

29. - Top - End - #89

Having received confirmation of its effects and noted the creature's condition, Ekkehardt gave a satisfied nod before moving past them towards the undead creature with one arm, as there wasn't much he could do about the clingy one. When he was close enough, he sent the vial in his hand flying straight into the back of its head, causing the fluid to coat its skin.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Seeing Bryanthe pinned and screaming for help porky tilts his head back and let's out a guttural squeel as spittle and foam spray from his mouth, he charges forth, slamming boot through the undead at his feet, down the tunnel he charges as he rushes the grappling undead and shoulder checks the beast to fling it off of Bryanthe.

:"YOU DIE NOW!"
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-02-25 at 07:25 PM.
    Festival of Heroes: