Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Aurangh's Savage Tide OG

Spoiler: Abiano Yezac
    Show

Background and Personality

Appearing to be of Flan ethnicity at first glance, Abiano has come to Sasserine to make his fortune. Which is true -- for the most part. But he also broke the heart of a petty noble Suel lady named Brandy out in the Duchy of Urnst (he thought it was just a mutual fling -- she wanted something more), so finding passage on a ship to escape her reach and influence is paramount. As a priest of Valkur (Stormwrack, p49) Abiano thinks he can offer fair winds and healing for a canny captain to earn his keep aboard.

Easygoing and optimistic, Abiano is very curious about knowing what else might lie beyond the other coasts -- especially if it might help turn a profit!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maybe I have an...idea, let's see what the dice say.

(3d6b2)[11] +6 = 17
    (3d6b2)[7] +6 = 13
    (3d6b2)[8] +6 = 14
    (3d6b2)[10] +6 = 16
    (3d6b2)[9] +6 = 15
    (3d6b2)[10] +6 = 16
    Last edited by Ancient; 2024-02-21 at 12:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Broad outline: Big, strong bard built around drinking songs and sea shanties. (Bard isn’t strictly necessary; anything with Str+Cha+Boosting Allies works fine, but leaning toward Savage(UA) Bard to start, possibly mixing in a level of Barbarian or Crusader to reflect bouncer duties.

Long term … BardX/Crusader4 or … there is a Church of the Whirling Fury in Sasserine, though pretty sure it's secret … Bard/Bbn/Champion of Gwynharwf? (Just spitballing here; absolutely not settled on anything beyond “strong bard”)

Spoiler: intro
    Show

There's somebody like Elliot on every boat. And in every bar, for that matter. And Elliot himself has spent much of his life in one or on the other.

He spent his childhood with his fisherman father, trawling the near shores off of Sasserine. Nearly drowned in a storm at age 16, after which he promised his mother he’d stay off the water.

These days he’s the most popular person at his uncle’s bar in the Champion’s District — and would be even if he wasn’t the one pouring drinks. You probably know the guy: He’s the one who starts a song that others join, or who can poke fun at the other regulars without leaving any hard feelings … usually. He’s grown into his frame now and he’s a big fella with a big smile — think a young Robbie Coltrane — able to end a bar fight just by announcing it’s over.

He misses the water, though, and he worries that the time’s coming when he’ll have to disappoint his mother.
    Last edited by Rilem; 2024-02-25 at 05:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Please start adding yourself to the table. You can either link to a mythweaver's sheet or link to a single post in this thread and update that post.
    I don't need completed builds, but if you already have a mechanical idea, please write it. Any backgrounds from selected players will be re-worked with the player cooperation to fit them with the setting. Therefore, feel free to post any idea as part of your background and we will see if that fits or not. The theme is important to me, generic DND feels flat. There will also be boons and tailor made stuff for selected characters, because that's what I do in my games, but these will be based on the theme and feel of the character.
    For the purpose of this table, summarize your background in a couple of words: "Hunter and Good Husband"

Player Character Class and Race Theme Background Complete
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-02-21 at 01:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Are we doing fractional BAB and saves?

EDIT: Oh my, too long in pathfinder, I'd forgotten how painful the DND skill are with hide/M.silent, O.lock/Disable Device and spot/listen/search etc...
    Last edited by DrK; 2024-02-21 at 04:55 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Well, let's see if this works...

Cygnia Abiano Yezac Human Cloistered Cleric of Velkur Exploration & intrigue Flirtatious Fortune Hunter Not even close!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

confused Re: Aurangh's Savage Tide OG

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Are we doing fractional BAB and saves?

EDIT: Oh my, too long in pathfinder, I'd forgotten how painful the DND skill are with hide/M.silent, O.lock/Disable Device and spot/listen/search etc...
    Yes and Yes, it is a pain... I guess that you are going Beguiler?

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnia View Post
    Well, let's see if this works...

Cygnia Abiano Yezac Human Cloistered Cleric of Velkur Exploration & intrigue Flirtatious Fortune Hunter Not even close!
    Cloistered cleric fortune hunter? Wasn't he like cloistered?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ancient Mr. T'Malus Half Orc Monk/Cleric of Yondalla Good Natured Ass- Kicking Cook Orphan raised in a monastery Still Cooking

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post

Cloistered cleric fortune hunter? Wasn't he like cloistered?
    And now that he's away from temple, time to indulge!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Ancient Mr. T'Malus Half Orc Monk/Cleric of Yondalla Good Natured Ass- Kicking Cook Orphan raised in a monastery Still Cooking
    BelGareth Brannick the Bold Human Fighter Non-noble Gish, who is on the hunt for info Bastard noble son on a mission pending
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyđja mundu nú grísir, ef ţeir vissi, hvat inn gamli ţyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

BelGareth Brannick the Bold Human Fighter Non-noble Gish, who is on the hunt for info Bastard noble son on a mission pending
    DrK Aron Mervanchi Human Rogue/Wizard Noble son seeking magical power whilst dabbling in criminality Stub here pending

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Yes and Yes, it is a pain... I guess that you are going Beguiler?
    Rogue 1/Wizard 2, similar effect but more free with spells. He'll aim for unseen seer or arcane trickster as he level up
    Last edited by DrK; 2024-02-21 at 06:43 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

DrK Aron Mervanchi Human Rogue/Wizard Noble son seeking magical power whilst dabbling in criminality Stub here pending
    Feathersnow Rilx Karsite Hexblade unfairly scorned, but unbroken Given to the Navy at a young age, then discharged over "being cursed," went to private service Complete

Adding myself
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Feathersnow Rilx Karsite Hexblade unfairly scorned, but unbroken Given to the Navy at a young age, then discharged over "being cursed," went to private service Complete
    Rilem Eli Human Bard/Martial Strong guy, song guy Local kid; Sasserine's most charming bouncer, promised mom he'd stay dry In the works

Adding another!
    Last edited by Rilem; 2024-02-21 at 08:08 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

I'm try a roll, may not make it in but never played Savage Tide so interested.

(3d6b2)[8] +6 =14
    (3d6b2)[6] +6 = 12
    (3d6b2)[4] +6 = 10
    (3d6b2)[7] +6 = 13
    (3d6b2)[6] +6 = 12
    (3d6b2)[8] +6 = 14

Not great rolls

Maybe 14 Str, 13 Dex, 12 Con, 12 Wis, 14 Int, 10 Cha

Duskblade/Crusader?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Rilem Eli Human Bard/Martial Strong guy, song guy Local kid; Sasserine's most charming bouncer, promised mom he'd stay dry In the works
    StarbuckII Brock Human Duskblade/Crusader Orphan that wants to find lost sister Pending Pending

Will update after I think up concept

I'll take that 1000 gp only budget but get a cool thing later if I'm selected

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Here is mine. Only a concept so far, and one I have revised a bit.

StarbuckII Brock Human Duskblade/Crusader Orphan that wants to find lost sister Pending Pending
    ProudGrognard Tefkros Elven Ranger A lover of the sea, a hunter of men and monsters Exiled from his clan, seeking to prove that he is the best hunter of them all. The money and fame are also nice In the works

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

(3d6)[10]+6
    (3d6)[12]+6
    (3d6)[9]+6
    (3d6)[16]+6
    (3d6)[8]+6
    (3d6)[12]+6

Let’s see what we get
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Withdrawing interest, brain is refusing to reach a result I like.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground

I had to add myself at the top, otherwise the table was acting out!?
    namo Denya Ozmin Human Bard/Hexblade A sassy, flashy brawler of a woman who will enchant you or curse you Unknowing bastard with dreams bigger than Sasserine Complete
    ProudGrognard Tefkros Elven Ranger A lover of the sea, a hunter of men and monsters Exiled from his clan, seeking to prove that he is the best hunter of them all. The money and fame are also nice In the works

After a quick search on Sasserine, I made her an (unknowing) bastard of the Mervanchi. That would make her a cousin (possibly distant - I read there are a lot of them!) of Aron - hope that's not an issue, DrK; I can change it still.
    Last edited by namo; 2024-02-22 at 04:37 PM.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

General recommendation is that you all keep an open mind about the future build. Because I'd love to stay on theme, many PrCs will not necessarily be available if they have non-explicit but embedded role playing-requirements. Others may have requirements waved if they fit the character's actions and roleplaying. Others may sound like a great idea on paper, but then you realize that they suck in this adventure, and other that are very niche may be great for this adventure. So keep an open mind. There will be plenty of room to make unique characters, But I just don't like to get into the particulars of that on an open recruitment thread because people try to get very specific.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I have a weird idea that may not be allowed but I at least wanted to roll.

A seafaring adventure sounds pretty fun.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(3d6b2)[11]+6
    (3d6b2)[7]+6
    (3d6b2)[12]+6
    (3d6b2)[6]+6
    (3d6b2)[8]+6
    (3d6b2)[4]+6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Forgot to roll for hps:
    (2d8+2)[18]

Still working on skills https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2882377

Background: Orphan chasing after witnessing death of parent. I guess?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

I decided to go in an entirely different direction.

namo Denya Ozmin Human Bard/Hexblade A sassy, flashy brawler of a woman who will enchant you or curse you Unknowing bastard with dreams bigger than Sasserine Complete
    rypt Chip Kenku TBD Innately mischievous kenku who doesn't quite understand societal norms Shadowshore resident and former cutpurse trying to turn over a new feather Pending
    Last edited by rypt; 2024-02-23 at 01:31 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'm finished: I traded 1/3 my wealth for something cool.

StarbuckII Brock] Human Duskblade/Crusader Defender of others, wielder of magic Adventurer/Orphan that wants to find lost sister Complete
    rypt Chip Kenku TBD Innately mischievous kenku who doesn't quite understand societal norms Shadowshore resident and former cutpurse trying to turn over a new feather Pending

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I'll close this to new interest.

TBH, there will be no Shortlist. I'll jump into straight player selection either tonight or early tomorrow. There are 10 submissions, if I short list to 6 I'll feel worse to cut those 2 last players. So let's rip the band-aid and just go with four straight away. Selection TOnight or Tomorrow. Then well have a week and a half to finish characters and intertwine backgrounds. I'll be traveling for work from Sunday to the 7th, so my posting rate those days is going to be significantly slower than normal.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I made something weird, I may be already out but I at least wanted to give it a try.

I would like to Request the Dragonfire Adept from Dragon Magic and.

THIS!

Reefclaw:

Small.

+2 Dex, -6 Int

Aberration,

Amphibious, +8 bonus to swim.

2 Natural claws (1d4 damage)

3x + Con modifier poison (1d2 Str damage 1st and 2nd DC 15)

Gain Swim and Survival as class skills.

20 ft movement speed at land (normally 5 ft. I'm willing to spend a feat to get this movement)

40 ft swim speed

The tables seem to hate me and after 30 minutes of trying to figure it out I give up.

"Little Reefy"

I would also like something cool instead of 500 Gold.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2024-02-23 at 06:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Aurangh's Savage Tide OG CLOSED TO NEW INTEREST

Lol, I love that character. I'll add it to the table. Gotta say it's too weird for this Adventure Path. But everyone who expressed interests before today gets a fair chance.

Then there's the fact that apparently Reefclaw meat is a delicacy... lol. Not saying no, It will be considered with the others.
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-02-23 at 07:06 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    I made something weird, I may be already out but I at least wanted to give it a try.

I would like to Request the Dragonfire Adept from Dragon Magic and.

THIS!

Reefclaw:

Small.

+2 Dex, -6 Int

Aberration,

Amphibious, +8 bonus to swim.

2 Natural claws (1d4 damage)

3x + Con modifier poison (1d2 Str damage 1st and 2nd DC 15)

Gain Swim and Survival as class skills.

20 ft movement speed at land (normally 5 ft. I'm willing to spend a feat to get this movement)

40 ft swim speed

The tables seem to hate me and after 30 minutes of trying to figure it out I give up.

"Little Reefy"

I would also like something cool instead of 500 Gold.

I'll add you to table
    StarbuckII Brock Human Duskblade/Crusader Defender of others, wielder of magic Adventurer/Orphan that wants to find lost sister Complete
    Alhallor Reefy Reefclaw DragonfireAdept A creature of the sea, can heal, and breathe fire A Reefclaw? Done?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

No idea why the table is not working when the same code is working perfectly elsewhere.

So:

Bel, Drk, Rilem, Proudgognard

Please join me in the OoC

There were two other characters I liked a lot, but I didn't want to make 6players shortlist and then cut down two people after having them fully develop a character.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-02-23 at 05:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aurangh's Savage Tide OG CLOSED TO NEW INTEREST

So it goes. Have fun, folks!