Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blustery Hearts

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Blustery Hearts

Spoiler: A Letter From the Headmaster
    Show
    Welcome to Celestine Academy!

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our school to prepare your children for the future! Celestine Academy prides itself on being the premier academy for the Nation, with programs that will prepare your child for whatever career they will choose to pursue!

Our Academy has every possible feature and amenity you could wish for. Full athletic facilities. Five Star Meal preparation for lunch and dinner. Luxurious dormitory accommodations that cater to the wants of each individual, from the traditional dormitory experience to private apartments. Expert faculty from the tops of their fields. Competitive internal, external and intramural programs in every sport you would wish, as well as the great game of chess.

We will do everything we can to take care of your child while they are in our care. Your children are our present, and your future.

To that end, we have enclosed final registration forms for you to please fill out for us.

Again, thank you for choosing Celestine Academy.

Tabitha L. Drenim, Esq.

Headmaster

Spoiler: CharGen
    Show

Rules: High School Harem Comedy!
    Protagonist: Female. Plan your gender and orientation accordingly.
    Advantages: 6 from two non-supernatural archetypes. Plus one quirk. 7 total. Homebrew archetypes as well as class fixes are allowed by request.
    Disallowed: Childhood Friend is banned.
    Sensei is banned.

Just as Planned is banned.

Please provide some kind of backstory. And please keep in mind you are college age freshmen.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Blustery Hearts

I’m hype! I’ll have something soon. What does plus one quirk under advantages mean?
    Last edited by Phobia; 2024-02-20 at 04:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quirks: We don't all fit neatly into archetypes, and now, neither do your characters!

So. You pick your 6 advantages from your archetypes and the list of Universal powers.

Once you have those 6 picked, you can choose any power of your choice from any of the archetypes.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #4

Okay great thanks ^^

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Can we get a link to the Homebrew? I'm not familiar with it

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ricka Draws View Post
    Can we get a link to the Homebrew? I'm not familiar with it
    Here you are.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #7

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Thanks, I'll try to focus on allure for the sake of fanservice

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

Is our protag GNC? Cause if so, I'm making an MtF egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #9

Do it anyway

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Is our protag GNC? Cause if so, I'm making an MtF egg.
    Probably not. But you should play what you want anyway. Our protagonist will love everyone in her harem.

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Do it anyway
    This is the way.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Requesting Annubis’s revisions

Should be good to go
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Laila Hakobyan
    Birthday: 21 December, 20XX
    Degree field: Pre-Med
    Spoiler: Picture
    Show

Laila Hakobyan is an honor student from Portland, OR who got into Celestine Academy on scholarship. A straight A student in high school, she struggled to balance hobbies with schoolwork, and would often make sleep the thing that had to be sacrificed. The majority of her friends in high school were those she made through cosplay and LARP (Mystic Seas represent!), and she’s excited to see if she can find a local park in order to have something to look forward to on the weekends.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Strong: Skill
    Weak: Luck

Honor Student: You’re intelligent and naturally talented at schoolwork. +2 on Skill rolls involving logic, puzzles, or academics.

Contingency Plan: You always keep an extra option up your sleeve in case something randomly goes wrong with Plan A. Twice per episode, when making a roll, you may roll twice and take the higher result.

Foresight: When you’re able to correctly guess the results of your own actions, you can capitalize even on the worst of situations. Twice per episode, when making a roll, you may guess whether the result of your d6 will be even or odd. If you guess correctly, the result is counted as a 6.

Genre Savvy: You’ve watched enough harem anime to know where this is going… you don’t just stumble into unexpectedly romantic situations, you plan them. Twice per episode, you may substitute a Skill roll for a Luck roll.

Cosplay Enthusiast: You have a painstaking eye for detail that complements your love of cosplay. +2 on Skill rolls involving crafting disguises or costumes, and +2 on Allure rolls while dressed in cosplay.

2D Girl: You have a particular talent for going along with the protagonist when it comes to matters of 2D beauty. +2 to Allure rolls while watching a film, reading manga or watching anime. You also gain a +2 bonus to Skill rolls relating to recommending or setting up such things.

Practiced Kata (Quirk): Your tough training practice with foam swords has refined your combat style into an art form. Twice per episode, you may substitute a Skill roll for a Conflict roll.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2024-02-21 at 10:30 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

12. - Top - End - #12

Do it anyway
    So she's def in the running, but I feel she would be perfect for a game with a protag that doesn't fit traditional gender norms. Effectively elevating the game to have themes of "what is gender?" etc etc/

If that makes sense?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I am fine with the Anubis homebrew stuff.

And Illven. Seriously. Play who you want. And if you want it to be a story to explore those themes, we can certainly do that. In fat, you may recall I made an archetype specifically for exploring that.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #14

I am fine with the Anubis homebrew stuff.

And Illven. Seriously. Play who you want. And if you want it to be a story to explore those themes, we can certainly do that. In fat, you may recall I made an archetype specifically for exploring that.
    Screw it lets explore those themes.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=891

Can I request Zevox's stuff. I intend to borrow from both perverts, and Zevox's school queen is *alil* more balanced then regular school queen

15. - Top - End - #15

BlueWizardGirl

As a trans woman I must say that it would be really cool to play as one... I'll bite too

16. - Top - End - #16

Welp here's most of my character
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Looks
    Show

Taylor Jones
    Gender "Male"
    Height 5'05
    Weight 120 lbs

Hair Blonde
    Eyes Blue

Strong Allure
    Weak Conflict

Archetype Ojou//pervert

Feminine Wiles: You have a special effect on those of the opposite geneder. attracted to your gender. You gain a +2 bonus to rolls when dealing with NPCs other than the protagonist who are attracted to women.

Classy Lady: You’re well educated and practiced in high culture. +2 on Skill rolls involving classy activities such as ballroom dancing, high fashion, proper etiquette, et cetera.

School Queen: Your sense of style and daily arrival in a limousine makes you a goddess to the guys of the student body at large. +2 on Allure rolls involving interacting with NPC students other than the protagonist, and +2 on Luck rolls involving being given presents by them.

Dazzling Display: You can disorient the other girls by flashing them more riches than they’ll ever see again in their lives. Twice per episode, you can force any other girls attempting a roll in the same scene to roll twice and take the lower result. "Contingency Plan" nullifies this effect if used in the same scene.

Touchy-Feely: You’re plenty willing to shove your chest in peoples’ faces or otherwise invade their personal space to get their attention. You are just adorably blushy when touching total cuties. +1 to Allure rolls involving physical contact with the protagonist or NPC students.

Peeping Tom: You have a sixth sense when it comes to finding people in the middle of changing. +2 on rolls involving peeping or walking in on embarrassing situations, and to create such situations to begin with.

Eye for Detail(Quirk): Your need to conceal some certain things cause you to tend to notice little things that might escape the eyes of others. You gain a +2 to a Skill or Luck roll when you need to conceal or find something.

Spoiler: Backstory (Tragic (tm))
    Show

Taylor Jones is the oldest child of one of the current senators a war heroine turned politician, and her husband a wealthy business man attached to the MIC. Taylor has two younger brothers, and has always felt different from them. Although they certainly couldn't tell you why. Having worsening depression since puberty, they've always looked up to their mom.

Last edited by Illven; 2024-02-23 at 10:13 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Trans MtF dating fem identifying lesbians is just my daily life anyway 😅
    Last edited by Phobia; 2024-02-20 at 07:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

As a trans woman I must say that it would be really cool to play as one... I'll bite too
    Out of curiosity. Are you intending to play an egg too? Someone in the closet, or someone out?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

If it was on the list of homebrew in the post, just mention you are using it. I will blanket approve it all.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #20

Here’s a splat of my character in progress using the Zevox hombrew.

EDIT: Finished.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Looks
    Show

Riley Keiner
    Female
    Degree Field: Business Management

Genki Sports Star

Strong Roll - Conflict
    Second Strong Roll - Skill
    Weak Roll - None (Advantage)

Spoiler
    Show
    Riley was a sports prodigy back in High School but she never struggled in the classroom either which resulted in a full Scholarship to Celestine Academy to play college basketball. She was known to be the fastest on the court, the star player, back in High School but is finding it more difficult to balance the workload of college with her sports responsibilities, especially with parents that pushed her into a Business Major when she’s more interested in playing professionally. Back in her high school days Riley was always popular but never slowed down always rushing ahead to the next goal. But now that she’s here at Celestine Academy maybe a sudden unexpected connection will finally slow her world down.

1. Hypercharged: You’ve got the energy of two people crammed into one body. Twice per episode, in a scene where there are multiple options to choose from, you can take two options at once. You take -1 on both rolls and get the results of both options. If both options lead to the same goal, you take the better of the two results.

2. Overclock: You can summon up even more energy than normal at times, but you tend to burn out afterwards. Twice per episode, you can take +2 on any roll, but you take -2 on the next roll you make. You cannot use Overclock on the roll penalized by your first use of it. You may use Hypercharged and Overclock in the same scene; doing so allows you to make both rolls at +1, requires both uses of Overclock, and imposes -4 on your roll in the next scene. Whew!

3. Speedster: You somehow seem to move faster than any normal person without even trying. +2 to Skill rolls involving feats of speed or agility.

4. Competitive Spirit: You have the driving will to rise above the rest in any endeavor. +1 on rolls being attempted by any of the other PCs.

5. Self-Improvement: If there's something you've learned from your training, it's that any failing or weakness can be corrected with hard work and determination. You no longer have a weak roll, and may either select a second strong roll or increase your strong roll from +1 to +2.

6. Runner’s Glow: You positively beam with energy once you’ve got a good sweat going. +2 on Allure rolls during or soon after heavy physical exertion.

7. (Quirk) Violence is Always the Answer: Why look for fancy solutions when your fists would do the trick? +1 on Conflict rolls if you had the option of using another roll type instead.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2024-02-21 at 10:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

BlueWizardGirl

Out of curiosity. Are you intending to play an egg too? Someone in the closet, or someone out?
    Someone who's out of the closet but recently and is mid transitioning at the moment, or that's how I envision she

But the idea of an egg is amazing

22. - Top - End - #22

Someone who's out of the closet but recently and is mid transitioning at the moment, or that's how I envision she

But the idea of an egg is amazing
    on a scale of total shock to, obvious egg. How much do you want your girl to know about my girl?

23. - Top - End - #23

I spent too long playing an obvious egg 😂

24. - Top - End - #24

I spent too long playing an obvious egg 😂
    Not quite obvious, but really no one was surprised in my case.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Oh wow just noticed your changed icon. Congrats. And yeah, several of us were very egg-y five years ago.

Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Oh wow just noticed your changed icon. Congrats. And yeah, several of us were very egg-y five years ago.
    Oh? Nonbinary, or MtF? Feel free to not answer of course.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

The true genderqueer game was us all along.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Non-binary, though I’m a year on estradiol and just started prog a week or so ago. It’s been a night and day shift.

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

BlueWizardGirl

on a scale of total shock to, obvious egg. How much do you want your girl to know about my girl?
    I'd say that obvious one as she was like that at some point, kinda not exactly the same but gets the vibes

The true genderqueer game was us all along.
    I guess, I'm still transitioning, it's kinda troublesome here but this is what I want, I'm mtf
    Last edited by Ricka Draws; 2024-02-21 at 01:18 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

How would you all feel about moving this to a discord server?

We would have a bit more freedom there, and also have the opportunity to avoid slowdowns caused by the forums running slow because of cloud flare problems.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!