New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Supernatural Isekai IC *Still Recruiting*

Mads raises his hand to join the discussion,

"I vould suggest two groups maximum, coordination of three becomes problematic, especially in tense situations.

I would like to be vith zee group that sees the mute, Ja? And possibly we put one of our own wizards in each group?
    "
    Last edited by gawwy; 2024-02-26 at 05:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32

RedWizardGuy

Edward

"Different world, different terminology, those words seemed pretty interchangable to em, outside of fantasy roleplaying games at least."

"I can kind of do stealth, got a spell to be pretty much invisible, not much of a liar and the spell's not infallable though Is splitting up really the best move?"
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2024-02-26 at 05:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33

HalfOrcPirate

"A wizard may be intimidated by a big group of six, two smaller groups can also cover more ground. Besides we are in a public hotel, surely they wouldn't try anything murdery here? Mads replies

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Jason shrugged. "Two it is. I volunteer for sneaky team, between me and Harry Potter over here," he jerked a thumb at Edward, "we should be able to mix our two mostly good stealth abilities to get a pretty great one. One more person for the even split and we should be able to tail Morty pretty effectively."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

"I get the feeling I'm better at big booms than subtlety," Sarah says. "I could probably throw a glamer up? But nothing great."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rowan chewed their lip and thought "I can do stealth, I can go invisible, even walk through walls" They didn't want to seem like they were that strong, but it might be useful for them to know. Best to know what the group was capable of.

7. - Top - End - #37

HalfOrcPirate

"As I am not particularly suited to zee shtealth, either vis a vi power or stature, I will elect to join zee walk-up-and-ask-to-study-under-him team"

Mads stands up and positions himself on the opposite side of the room from Jason and Edward, as if picking sides for a dodgeball team.

" I recommend the other actual wizard's join team walk-up-and-ask-to-study-under-him. But you are of course free to make your own choices Sarah."

"I do have zee one question for Cassie and her impressive demonstration of shapeshifting, what happens when you get injured? Can you shape-shift back to being uninjured?"

Mads stares pointedly at Cassie as he asks his question.
    Last edited by gawwy; 2024-02-26 at 09:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

"I think so, yeah!" says Cassie. She seems a lot more sure of herself than when she absently shook Mads' hand and whispered her name the first time. "I don't think I'd bleed out if you cut me. I don't really have organs, except maybe my eyes. Breaking my bones would hurt, but I should be able to just re-do them. The only other thing..."

She runs her hand through her hair and stops to examine a lock of it. "This is all part of me. My clothes, too. If I cut it off..." She hesitantly holds up two fingers in a scissors shape as she considers the notion, then changes her mind and puts it back. It's hard to tell whether her reluctance is some changeling self-preservation instinct or whether she just doesn't want to ruin the perfect hair she always wanted.

"Anyway, I can turn into a bug or a tiny object, too, so I should be able to ride with either team if we're splitting up. Let me know if you need me to scout or something."

9. - Top - End - #39

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    "Anyway, I can turn into a bug or a tiny object, too, so I should be able to ride with either team if we're splitting up. Let me know if you need me to scout or something."
    Mads sorta stares for a moment before launching into a semi manic ramble.

You have variable mass? Zat is so cool! How big can you go? Vere does zee mass go when you shrinken? What happens if un bit gets cut off you? Can it rejoin you later or is it just stuck in the shape et was in when et was seperated? How fine control do you have? Do you have to be a sensicle shape or can you be a house with legs? Could we trick a wizard into entering you in the shape of a room and then just remove the doors and boom traped wizard? Can you become a piece of urainum and just irradate everone to death. What happens if you shape shift into somthing without a brain are you just stuck like that?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassie takes a step backward, suddenly cognizant of the looming tank of a man who's so eagerly watching her. "I'm... not really comfortable with this line of questioning. I'll experiment later. Privately. On my own."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2024-02-27 at 11:01 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

HalfOrcPirate

Mads realizing the effect his exuberance was having straightens up a bit and drops to his normal neutral accent in a quiet voice.

"My apologies, I spent some time as a material scientist so all this is incredibly interesting." He says.

Mads then immediatly switches back to his full ham german accent and loudly announces,
    "OK Im going to zee reception to find out vhich room zis Lindmer is in. Any who vant to are velcome to join me."
    He then departs the room.
    Last edited by gawwy; 2024-02-27 at 05:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

"I'll stick with you, big guy," Sarah says, following.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Morty The Mute
    A red haired man, he looks like he could be no older than his early forty's. Not exactly a teen or very young man, but definitely not the stereo typical old man with white hair, beard and moustache with a pointed hat. He did, instead of a staff, have a cane. He was standing in front of a mirror as the team sent to spy on him were approaching his room. He was dressed in a dapper suit, and quickly tied himself, giving a pleasant smile with the mirror. The reflection did not return his pleasantries. This man was standing six foot two and a half inches tall and unusually thin. This was a person who had black eyes, black hair, and his facial hair was also black. Perhaps dyed coal black.

Lindmer Word'sworth
    This man was closer to the archetypical wizened man in robe and pointed hat, sans the robes and hat. He was definitely a man who was at least in his seventies. Though in truth he was well over one hundred years old. This man was sitting down in his very large suite, 2,000 square feet, which is a hotel lair larger than some people's house. He had green eyes and was lithe, slender and very deceptively athletic. Lindmer was sitting in front of a large table, made of black marble. On this table there were books, and he was diligently studying the largest. As the team approaching him came, he telekinetically opened the door for his guests.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-02-27 at 09:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Post Re: Supernatural Isekai IC *Still Recruiting*

Mia Mathers

Spoiler: Page 1 Response Space Saver (TLDR: Mia introduces herself and lies about her powers)
    Show
    The young woman with the punk aesthetic had been there from the start, of course. She'd been summoned the same as any of the other misfortunate souls in this mess. Yet, for all the clamor and discussion, she ultimately held her tongue, silently observing with an increasingly darkening expression... one that changed to a deceptively calm blankness the moment the matter of the geas came up.

That witch is going to die.

The thought struck as if it were the only natural response. It was nothing less than an oath, a promise made with full conviction. Despite having never killed another person in her life, she was almost surprised by the sheer fervor and confidence that accompanied the internal declaration. There was no prevarication. She would find a way to kill that damn witch, to break the geas and have her freedom and damn the consequences. Try to enslave an American, would she? Big mistake.

Hadn't this arrogant fool ever seen those stories that started like this? Summoning "champions" to fight those you can't and mistreating them, acting like they owed you anything for being unwillingly kidnapped and enslaved to do your bidding, to risk their lives for your aims? Hah, complete buffoonery. That was always a perfect recipe to have your little "tools" join the very enemy you wanted them to defeat out of spite. In fact, provided these "wizards" didn't give her a personal reason to give a damn about their aims, that was exactly what the punk girl was planning to do. The enemy of her enemy was her friend, right? Sure, the "wizards" weren't necessarily altruistic beings, and she held at least a little caution towards them... But they weren't the ones stripping her of her human rights and liberties, now were they?

Of course, Mia didn't showcase any of her overtly murderous, rebellious intent outwardly. No, this wasn't the time for recklessness. Given the basic understanding of her new powers the summoning had provided her, she knew that time was a precious commodity to her right now, specifically the time she needed to train and improve her ability. She needed more power, reliable allies, information on this "Emma" and her weaknesses and -most importantly- a way to remove the geas. She needed time to figure out who amongst her fellow summons was trustworthy and time to study this world without the interference of the slaver witch's biased information interfering and skewing assumptions.

Undetectable to those present, a ghostly muscular arm briefly overlaid Mia's right arm to clench its fist in suppressed fury, and she marveled and at the tactile feedback of the action. Calling forth and moving this arm... It came intuitively to her, naturally, as if she were moving her own arm. And the act didn't seem to split her attention any. Inherent multitasking? That seemed to be the case. She recognized what this entity was, of course, even as it faded away, and her brain was already whirling with possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0gamer View Post
    "Right. Well. This went from cool to awful in about five seconds. Excellent." He folded his arms across his chest, taking a deep breath to center himself. "Right. I guess introductions are in order. I'm Jason Glass," he says, looking around at the other poor saps caught in the brown stuff with him. "High school debate team, IT professional, and the witch shoved magic kung fu into my noggin and gave me magic punching rings. What about you guys?"
    "Mia," the punk girl replied succinctly, omitting her last name. Maybe it was just paranoia, but in a land of unknown magic, she was wary of the concept of names having power. The less people knew about her, the better, especially in a position where her safety was already questionable.

As other members of the group began openly sharing their new powers for strategic purposes, Mia frowned, brow furrowing. Her memory brought into sharp relief the reminder that their vile summoner had claimed to have magical proficiencies in divination and illusion, and even with a basic RPG understanding of those concepts, Mia was already rightfully wary of the idea that the group was under constant surveillance. There was little doubt in her mind that anything they revealed could be known by magical spying, and she had no reason to think their paranoid "patron" wasn't engaging in such. Therefore, assuming Emma didn't inherently know what all their powers could do already, actively revealing that information for no gain was foolish. Not even getting into the debatable trustworthiness of the other summoned "champions" besides.

For a Stand User, information was power. Battles were often lost and won entirely by proficiency in OPSEC and the ability to exploit weaknesses. Revealing her powers here didn't serve her interests in any fashion. The longer she could keep the true nature of her ability concealed from others (especially the damn witch), the better her chances of exacting righteous retribution once the opportunity arrived.

It was for that reason that when it came around time for her to contribute her own tactical worth to the discussion, Mia easily and glibly lied, "I seem to have some form short-ranged telekinesis with a kinetic and scrying component." The deception left her lips with practiced ease, not a single tell in her body language. The description was satisfactorily vague, but it should still at least cover for the abilities she intended to display openly. She hoped to look useful but not stand out overtly; being underestimated was a valuable commodity, and she intended to cash it in.

She made a note of the abilities the others revealed as best she was able, becoming only more confident in her plan the more she heard. None of these people seemed to be Stand Users as well. In which case, it should be simple to uphold her deception of her powers' nature. Especially since the anti-mind-reading protection the witch had supposedly put on them should theoretically block even any other potential mind-readers among the summoned people. They wouldn't be able to see how she was doings things, merely the fruits of her spiritual guardian's labors. She'd exercise caution, of course, but so far... this might be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by gawwy View Post
    "My apologies, I spent some time as a material scientist so all this is incredibly interesting." He says.

Mads then immediatly switches back to his full ham german accent and loudly announces,
    "OK Im going to zee reception to find out vhich room zis Lindmer is in. Any who vant to are velcome to join me."
    He then departs the room.
    Crossing her arms, Mia's lips pursed in consideration, as the group split in two to investigate both the wizards they'd been pointed at simultaneously. She didn't bother resisting the urge to roll her eyes at Mads' overblown blatant farce of a German accent. Even before he'd briefly dropped it to apologize, she'd already smelled nonsense. No real German actually talked like that; it was entirely a fabrication perpetuated by movie stereotypes. And frankly, he wasn't all that good at faking consistent "language barrier dialogue" regardless. All in all, it was pointless and irksome.

Watching the ridiculous German wander off with three others in tow, Mia didn't even consider not going with the other group. She got to avoid that pest, even out the groups to 4-4 and stick with Jason, who was the only other member of the group to openly broach the idea of defying the witch, making him a potentially valuable ally, so really, that was just a win-win-win as far as she was concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0gamer View Post
    Jason shrugged. "Two it is. I volunteer for sneaky team, between me and Harry Potter over here," he jerked a thumb at Edward, "we should be able to mix our two mostly good stealth abilities to get a pretty great one. One more person for the even split and we should be able to tail Morty pretty effectively."
    "I'll tag along with you guys then, I think," she said to Jason, briefly inclining her chin in something of a nod. "Despite my... somewhat loud appearance, I can be clandestine when I want to be." She shrugged, not yet up to elaborate upon her proficiency for skullduggery. "Worst comes to worst, I shouldn't be a burden."

That said, she moved to travel with Jason's group and shoved her hands in her pockets, as her brow ever so slightly pinched in thought. As they started heading towards the Morty the Mute's room, Mia took a moment to address Jason, Edward and Rowan with her thoughts in a whispered murmur. "I feel we should be cautious here and not make swift assumptions, particularly given the... less than altruistic nature of our summoner. Information should be our priority before committing to a course." She paused, huffing in consternation. "We're strangers here, who know even less than our summoner. We need to know more about this world and not just swallow preprepared biased information..." Of which Emma's most certainly was implied to be.

Her jaw worked for a moment in consideration, before a brief noise of remembrance escaped her. "Also, we shouldn't take our... 'patron's' little protection for-granted." She tapped the side of her head with one finger, frowning. "Just because our true natures and agendas are supposedly shielded doesn't mean that we won't look suspicious regardless. I mean..." She snorted with disdain. "If you were in one of these wizards' place and were abruptly approached by a bunch of people who were all warded by anti-information magic, wouldn't you find that super suspicious anyway?" Mia shook her head, clicking her tongue. "Best we take care not to do anything to tempt someone to actually try and magically read us to begin with, is all I'm saying."

As the group neared Morty the Mute's room, Mia hung back a little and glanced around the area surrounding the entrance, keeping an eye out for potential observers. [Star Platinum]'s head manifested above her, the Stand's incredibly keen sight peering around to see if anything about the environment seemed off in some way. All the while, she pulled out her phone and pretended to be occupied with something on the screen, leaning against a wall with a faux lack of awareness, as she kept the rest of the group within roughly 3 meters. If anything dangerous happened, that should be close enough for her to stop time and jerk... Hmm... maybe two of them out of the way? She doubted anything crazy would occur, but caution paid dividends.

Mia considered walking by the wizard's door and phasing her Stand through the wall to get a look inside without entering, but she eventually elected to save that for later in case other info-gathering methods failed. Right now, she wanted to get a better idea of what her apparent allies could do, and this would be a good trial run of their capabilities. Information was power, she reminded herself yet again. The more she learned without returning the favor, the better.
    Last edited by Lewascan2; 2024-02-28 at 01:49 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    Lindmer Word'sworth
    This man was closer to the archetypical wizened man in robe and pointed hat, sans the robes and hat. He was definitely a man who was at least in his seventies. Though in truth he was well over one hundred years old. This man was sitting down in his very large suite, 2,000 square feet, which is a hotel lair larger than some people's house. He had green eyes and was lithe, slender and very deceptively athletic. Lindmer was sitting in front of a large table, made of black marble. On this table there were books, and he was diligently studying the largest. As the team approaching him came, he telekinetically opened the door for his guests.
    On the way to Lindmer's room Mads quietly attempts to discuss strategy with the others
    "I think we should let Sarah do the talking here 'cause it seems like she actually knows something about wizards and or warlocks and might know whatever kind of etiquette they would be used to."

He whispers to the group.

"Or Emma here could I suppose." he says jerking his head at George with a snarky grin.

16. - Top - End - #46

"I take it we are invited in?" Sarah asks Lindmer. "We wouldn't wish to cross the threshold, no matter how minor, without your permission."

Assuming he nods or otherwise shows agreement with her statement, she walks in. "Thank you-and good day. Mind if we talk for a bit?"

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    "I take it we are invited in?" Sarah asks Lindmer. "We wouldn't wish to cross the threshold, no matter how minor, without your permission."

Assuming he nods or otherwise shows agreement with her statement, she walks in. "Thank you-and good day. Mind if we talk for a bit?"
    "Of course! Come on in! There's a long list of applicants." Lindmer responded. He had a pleasant smile on his face, and there was an aura of enormous strength coming from him, even though it seemed that the entropic effects of age had rendered him weak.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-02-28 at 01:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

Edward takes a moment to think about the others in his group, he doesn't recognise any of their powers, but they're not exactly revealing much. Most of them seem to be less than thrilled with the whole thing, different priorities perhaps.
    He notes that Mia has yet to meet his eyes, usually a sign someone's lieing, though perhaps she recognises his particular set of abilities and doesn't trust him not to have a peak in her head, seems paranoid enough, though perhaps she's just feeling ripped off, her powers as described do sound quite lackluster, perhaps she's just not using them right? He understood his magic immediately, but perhaps that's only because it's useless otherwise.

"I'm all for learning more, but there's really not much choice in our course of action, geas remember. I'm not too worried about the protection arousing suspicion, with how shady the locals seem it'd probably be stranger not to be concealing anything."

WIth that Edward taps himself, then those others who can't handle their own invisibility, on the head with his wand, rendering them functionally invisible with an exceptionally potent Disillusionment Charm, they might not need it, but it can't hurt.

"So I could open his door easily enough, but a door opening itself isn't exactly subtle. Anyone got a better plan?"
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2024-02-28 at 05:25 PM. Reason: We can't see the guy, but I thought we could

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

A Big Nosed Neighbor
    A stereotypically dressed witch wanders by Morty's room. She lives across the hall, and is infamously nosey, but also infamously smart. She walks up to Edward. "Whoah! What are you doing so close to Morty's room?! By the way, I couldn't but help to hear about you wanting to get into Morty's room! That's a very bad idea!" She said with visible concern. This woman had purple eyeliner, wore a pure black robe and the pointed hat that people usually saw in cartoons or other media. Maybe even saw them in the pictures of books.

20. - Top - End - #50

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

Well so much for sneaking about, still maybe Rowan can do some intangible snooping while he talks to whoever this is.

Edward was never a good liar and the cat is out of the proverbial bag, so he doesn't even try to deny that they're snooping "Observing, apparently far less sneakily than we thought. He's apparently some sort of special wizard, didn't think someone called 'The Mute' would be very talkative so we figured we'd just snoop around a bit, see what he actually does. Only his door's closed. Not really planned further than that." he shrugs, unure whether the woman can see him.

Maybe this whole trying to sneak up on the super powerful wizard thing wasn't such a good idea.

21. - Top - End - #51

Rowan would be invisible, they could bring one perhaps two others into their invisibility but only with continual contact. But their intangibility, this wasn't something you easily brought another with, possible but dangerous. Rowan would allow the witch to discuss things with Edward while they moved along the walls and phased through, or attempted to. Seeing if there was a ward or barrier to prevent such a gift from working. If not they would try to sneak enough of themselves into the room while invisible to hear or see anything.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    EDWARD

Well so much for sneaking about, still maybe Rowan can do some intangible snooping while he talks to whoever this is.

Edward was never a good liar and the cat is out of the proverbial bag, so he doesn't even try to deny that they're snooping "Observing, apparently far less sneakily than we thought. He's apparently some sort of special wizard, didn't think someone called 'The Mute' would be very talkative so we figured we'd just snoop around a bit, see what he actually does. Only his door's closed. Not really planned further than that." he shrugs, unure whether the woman can see him.

Maybe this whole trying to sneak up on the super powerful wizard thing wasn't such a good idea.
    "Well don't. Morty's as bad as Emma thinks he is. I don't know about the other wizards, but Morty? He gives me the creeps. He's so creepy even my Patrons are afraid of him." Mildred thinks to herself. "I can help. If you insist. Whatever he's up to, he has to be stopped. I'm sure I've seen him smuggle entire people inside his room. The only reason I haven't involved myself in it until now is because he's so strong. I can feel his aura of power on the other side of the hall past the wards."

@Rowan There were actually wards set up in every room of the Hotel, however, Emma's spell allowed them to phase through anyway. Morty was gone at the moment, while the man in the mirror, looking identically like Morty was banging on the mirror to be let out. He could be seen yelling, though no sound was escaping through the mirror. Luckily for the protagonists, Morty was sleeping in his bed room at the moment.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-02-28 at 06:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

"Oh, you know Emma, she's the one who put us up to it actually, but she disappeared rather quickly, if you've got any advice I'd be very happy to hear it."

24. - Top - End - #54

Rowan appraised the situation then looked back toward Edward and pulled themselves out of the wall. "He is in there, sleeping I believe." they said sounding unsure. "There is another in the mirror, screaming. Its disturbing and makes me deeply uncomfortable."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    EDWARD

"Oh, you know Emma, she's the one who put us up to it actually, but she disappeared rather quickly, if you've got any advice I'd be very happy to hear it."
    "I would suggest doing whatever you need to do immediately, not waste time, and get out. It sounds like Edward has an unwilling "guest" in there. Maybe freeing the person in the mirror. I think I can do that."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyKue View Post
    Rowan appraised the situation then looked back toward Edward and pulled themselves out of the wall. "He is in there, sleeping I believe." they said sounding unsure. "There is another in the mirror, screaming. Its disturbing and makes me deeply uncomfortable."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Team Study - Cassie

After a minute of indecision, Cassie found herself with the group that was going to Wordsworth's room, despite her awkward interaction with Mads. She's honestly not sure why more than one person is needed to check on either of them, but as a strategy, just talking to the wizards seems like the most straightforward way to get the information we need.

Spoiler: Recap
    Show
    Mads

"I think we should let Sarah do the talking here 'cause it seems like she actually knows something about wizards and or warlocks and might know whatever kind of etiquette they would be used to."
    Lindmer Word'sworth

He was definitely a man who was at least in his seventies. Lindmer was sitting in front of a large table, made of black marble. On this table there were books, and he was diligently studying the largest. As the team approaching him came, he telekinetically opened the door for his guests.
    Sarah

"I take it we are invited in? We wouldn't wish to cross the threshold, no matter how minor, without your permission."
    Lindmer Word'sworth

"Of course! Come on in! There's a long list of applicants."
    Sarah

...she walks in. "Thank you-and good day. Mind if we talk for a bit?"

"Oh! Um," Cassie clutches her own arm nervously. She doesn't mind playing jumpy and naive. "Is this supposed to be a one-on-one interview? I can wait outside..."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2024-02-28 at 08:23 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Team Study - Cassie

"Oh! Um," Cassie clutches her own arm nervously. She doesn't mind playing jumpy and naive. "Is this supposed to be a one-on-one interview? I can wait outside..."
    "No. Not at all. I'm accepting several students at the moment. Normally I would only do this one at a time, but I can take four of you at a time for now."

28. - Top - End - #58

HalfOrcPirate

Mads takes a gable on speaking up.

"vhat does being students of yours entail, oh magnificent Lindmer? Would we cloister in study?" he asks.
    Last edited by gawwy; 2024-02-28 at 09:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mads takes a gable on speaking up.

"vhat does being students of yours entail, oh magnificent Lindmer? Would we cloister in study?" he asks.
    Lindmer instantly snaps his fingers.
    "To put it simply, Wizards such as I are gathering an army, for lack of a better word, to prevent an Apocalypse."
    "Something catastrophic is going to happen. We are here to contain this terrible event, prevent it entirely, or at least mitigate it as strongly as possible."

30. - Top - End - #60

HalfOrcPirate

Lindmer instantly snaps his fingers.
    "To put it simply, Wizards such as I are gathering an army, for lack of a better word, to prevent an Apocalypse."
    "Something catastrophic is going to happen. We are here to contain this terrible event, prevent it entirely, or at least mitigate it as strongly as possible."
    Mads snaps up in a stiff (American) salute.
    "Sir! So to zee front lines vith us, SIR!