New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Supernatural Isekai IC *Still Recruiting*

Quote Originally Posted by gawwy View Post
    Mads snaps up in a stiff (American) salute.
    "Sir! So to zee front lines vith us, SIR!
    Lindmer cringes visibly, as the faux German accent smacks him across the face. He resists the urge to snap at Mads, though it took a strong force of will to do so. Then he just smiled. "Anyway, to more accurately answer the original question, you would be mostly reading books, attempting the spells I allow you to read, learning potion recipes, etcetera. There are other things you'd be doing, but now I must ask you, who among you has experience with magic, so far?"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Sarah raises her hand. "I think I do? We're... A bit new to this whole thing, but I feel confident I could manage some magic."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassie seems alarmed. "Um. Are we... glossing over the apocalypse part? Is that something I'm supposed to know already? I knew global warming was getting really bad..."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

"Lets be on with it then!" Edward points his wand at the door, unlocking it with a spell and leads the way inside.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Cassie seems alarmed. "Um. Are we... glossing over the apocalypse part? Is that something I'm supposed to know already? I knew global warming was getting really bad..."
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Sarah raises her hand. "I think I do? We're... A bit new to this whole thing, but I feel confident I could manage some magic."
    "I'm not talking about Global Warming. I'm talking about a Cataclysm that could be responsible for re-arranging the face of the world, in more ways than one."
    "That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    EDWARD

"Lets be on with it then!" Edward points his wand at the door, unlocking it with a spell and leads the way inside.
    Morty the Mute, or whoever the man was, was sleeping while the identical man resumed his yelling on the other side of the mirror. Edward could plainly see this man, who was identical to the one now sleeping. The others couldn't have known, except for the one who phased through the wall. Inside this living room, the lighting was still on, despite the fact that Morty was asleep. The team could see that there was a flat screen television hanging on the wall, there were fanciful paintings also hanging on the wall, and other than the mirror that was placed near the kitchen, everything else seemed normal.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Team Sneaky

Jason walked into the room, his feet practically silent, posture rigid and imperious as he took in everything at once. He didn't know how far he trusted the witches, but if this one said she could help whoever was stuck in the mirror, great. In the meantime, he'd put Shang-Chi's childhood training to work, swiftly and quietly searching the room for anything useful; itineraries, diaries, spellbooks, cell phones, the works.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

Spoiler: Past Events Space Saver
    Show
    Shivering at the feeling like an egg breaking over her head that accompanied the Disillusionment Charm, Mia didn't bother suppressing a scoff at the defeatist wording of Edward's response. After all, geas or no geas, they were only obligated to obey Emma's orders, right? How they went about them was another matter entirely. Only a fool wouldn't look for loopholes in this situation.

They got to Morty's room easily enough, but the abrupt and completely unwelcome introduction of a loud nattering local almost had the Stand User clocking her over the head to knock her out and silence h. Unfortunately, she wasn't close enough to stop the blithering ingrate from practically hollering to the world about them, having somehow overheard their discussion.

Practically grinding her teeth, Mia nearly popped a blood vessel when Edward actually came right out and admitted their intentions, instead of waving off the accusations and shooing this annoying woman away. "Do... do you not understand the concept of OPSEC?" she hissed in disbelief. Pushing off the wall, she stepped closer, glowering in dissatisfaction and shooting a furtive glance around with her Stand. She had to click her tongue at the witch's paranoid gossiping about Morty; she gave off exactly the same air as every annoying neighbor who ran around starting absurd rumors.

Didn't mean there wasn't a grain of truth to them perhaps, but... time and freaking place, lady!

Just... do shut up, woman.

Rowan had disappeared to places unknown, but now that she was close enough, Mia took a moment to phase [Star Platinum] through the wall of the hotel room. Before the Stand's eyes, she could see the place was apparently deserted. "Morty the Mute" was nowhere in sight... What was in sight, however, was an animated mirror, the contents of which seemed both "lively" and rather dissatisfied with their living conditions. And as Rowan gave his report, Mia withdrew her Stand and nodded. "I can second that. Morty isn't in the entrance room, but there's a mirror with a man in it."

She rolled her eyes at the witch's resulting fearmongering. "It could be a trapped person, or it could just be an enchanted mirror. Some people just have a twisted sense of humor." She nodded her head Edward's way. "Kinda like those animated portraits magic can make, right? No reason to assume it's someone trapped." Of course, the opposite might also be true, but Mia preferred not to make assumptions, especially when the people spouting off about this wizard were hardly trustworthy themselves.

EDWARD

As Edward and Jason seemingly committed to this course of action, Mia suppressed a sigh of frustration at the abruptness of it. Was no-one here actually interested in keeping to the original plan? Weren't they supposed to watch and wait, gather information and evidence? They could have easily retreated until the nosey witch was gone and returned right after with better precautions. She had no desire to deal with this nattering woman in any capacity; it just seemed like a terrible flight risk. Besides, once they did this, Morty would know someone was in here, and he'd likely be prepared for future intrusions. Taking this action was going to lose them the element of surprise!

Fine, whatever, let's just get in and out, Mia groused internally. At this point, she had no choice but to make do with the team's recklessness. Honestly... she'd hoped for better.

Mia's Stand flickering into existence, its body overlaying hers, as she proceeded to take advantage of several combined attributes. Stands could fly? Check. Stands had selective tangibility? Also yes. Stands could lift their Users? Why, would you look at that! And all of that combined?

Mia's feet left the floor by several bare millimeters, a smirk crossing her lips. You get flight.

Mia entered Morty's hotel room behind Jason, her own "footsteps" completely silent for an entirely different reason. Though she was apparently walking as normal on a visual level, not a single one of her steps was actually touching anything but air, her spectral guardian halting each footfall the barest distance between it and the ground with its surgical precision, the Stand acting as a functional midair platform for each foot.

Waving a hand back at the nosey neighbor witch sharply, Mia whispered, "You, stay where you are, outside the room. If you can really do something about the mirror, better to do it elsewhere." And the fewer people that entered the room, the less likely they'd trip some sort of ward hopefully.

Frowning, Mia watched Jason begin to search the room with some envy. If the situation weren't what it was, she'd have loved to help with that. Unfortunately, the presence of the nosey and irritatingly loud neighbor made every second they wasted a perilous one that she might alert the room's owner. Therefore, Mia's primary objective could be no other.

The Stand User swiftly crossed the room, making a beeline for the enchanted mirror. Getting close to it, Mia's eyes narrowed at the figure of the man banging on the inside. Having never actually seen what Morty the Mute looked like, the implications of this man in the mirror looking like him presently escaped her, as [Star Platinum's] right arm stopped overlaying her own right arm to lash out and firmly -but deceptively gently- seize the enchanted mirror and pick it up.

In the back of her mind, Mia cautiously kept a finger on the proverbial trigger, ready to Stop Time and move away if touching the mirror triggered any sort of misfortune. Assuming it did not, however, she would quickly race back outside the hotel room with the mirror in her Stand's grasp and move to place it some distance outside in the hallway. That way, hopefully, any efforts made to break the mirror's enchantments wouldn't be close enough to be heard by the sleeping Morty.
    Last edited by Lewascan2; 2024-03-01 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Noticed I wrote "Rowan" instead of Jason several times.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0gamer View Post
    Team Sneaky

Jason walked into the room, his feet practically silent, posture rigid and imperious as he took in everything at once. He didn't know how far he trusted the witches, but if this one said she could help whoever was stuck in the mirror, great. In the meantime, he'd put Shang-Chi's childhood training to work, swiftly and quietly searching the room for anything useful; itineraries, diaries, spellbooks, cell phones, the works.
    Right smack dab on the table, Morty's spell book, well one of them, could be seen. In addition, there was a journal of some sort on the same table. Well that was easy. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lewascan2 View Post
    [CENTER]
    -snip-
    Mildred, or as some people called her, "The Kravitz Witch", named after the nosey neighbor from the old sitcom "Bewitched", made some odd hand gestures, and tapped the mirror with her fore fingers. . . stepping back, Morty managed to walk through the mirror. He breathed heavily, looking back towards his apartment/hotel room.

9. - Top - End - #69

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    "I'm not talking about Global Warming. I'm talking about a Cataclysm that could be responsible for re-arranging the face of the world, in more ways than one."
    "That's good.
    "And.. uh vhat is the cause of this cataclysmic event? Mads prompts.

"Not that it changes anything I still vant to learn magic, when can ve start?"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gawwy View Post
    "And.. uh vhat is the cause of this cataclysmic event? Mads prompts.

"Not that it changes anything I still vant to learn magic, when can ve start?"
    Wincing at Mad's faux German accent, the old wizard laughed. "Well, first of all, I need to know what you're capable of first. What specifically are your talents? If not magic, then what?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Post Re: Supernatural Isekai IC *Still Recruiting*

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

Mildred, or as some people called her, "The Kravitz Witch", named after the nosey neighbor from the old sitcom "Bewitched", made some odd hand gestures, and tapped the mirror with her fore fingers. . . stepping back, Morty managed to walk through the mirror. He breathed heavily, looking back towards his apartment/hotel room.
    After setting the mirror down against a wall, Mia stepped back and watched warily, as the witch -whose name she still didn't know, given the lack of introductions- performed some kind of thankfully silent spellcasting. The punk girl's brows rose, as the witch's earlier accusations were proved quite seemingly correct by the man in the mirror stepping out with what sounded like a sigh of relief.

"So, he really was trapping people..." she quietly mused with a frown, her brows furrowing at the mirror. "Which now begs the question... what exactly were those other people being used for?"

Seeing the man that had escaped the mirror glancing back towards Morty's hotel room, Mia cocked a single questioning brow. "Well now, how unexpected. I take it there's quite the story to how you got trapped in that mirror," she said to the tall, thin dark-haired man, crossing her arms. She was still speaking fairly lowly, keeping her words soft and difficult to hear at a distance.
    Last edited by Lewascan2; 2024-02-29 at 01:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

HalfOrcPirate

Wincing at Mad's faux German accent, the old wizard laughed. "Well, first of all, I need to know what you're capable of first. What specifically are your talents? If not magic, then what?"
    " I am a healer of sorts I can take wounds onto myself where they are less intense. This also extends to curses.

I'm also something of a materials scientist and an ex-cult member if that ever comes up
    "

Mads explains with a broad smile.
    Last edited by gawwy; 2024-02-29 at 02:08 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Jason carefully noted where the journal was before picking it up to leaf through it, skimming it for useful information.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

After setting the mirror down against a wall, Mia stepped back and watched warily, as the witch -whose name she still didn't know, given the lack of introductions- performed some kind of thankfully silent spellcasting. The punk girl's brows rose, as the witch's earlier accusations were proved quite seemingly correct by the man in the mirror stepping out with what sounded like a sigh of relief.

"So, he really was trapping people..." she quietly mused with a frown, her brows furrowing at the mirror. "Which now begs the question... what exactly were those other people being used for?"

Seeing the man that had escaped the mirror glancing back towards Morty's hotel room, Mia cocked a single questioning brow. "Well now, how unexpected. I take it there's quite the story to how you got trapped in that mirror," she said to the tall, thin dark-haired man, crossing her arms. She was still speaking fairly lowly, keeping her words soft and difficult to hear at a distance.
    "I'm Morty. The real one. This new guy had me trapped in the Hotel for decades, and I've been trying to get out for a long time. What year is it? Have I lost track? There's something called a. . . television now. Computers. . . even some thing called an Eye-Pad?"
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-02-29 at 03:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

Edward talks in a somewhat loud whisper, simultaneously trying not to wake the sleeping guy, but also to be heard by Mirror-Morty "If you're Morty, then who's that guy?"
    He also points his wand towards the sleeping man, it's probably not going to go well if he wakes, so best to be ready.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

EDWARD

Edward talks in a somewhat loud whisper, simultaneously trying not to wake the sleeping guy, but also to be heard by Mirror-Morty "If you're Morty, then who's that guy?"
    He also points his wand towards the sleeping man, it's probably not going to go well if he wakes, so best to be ready.
    "That's Mordos. He's the most powerful warlock I have ever seen. He's even a little stronger than I am, and he isn't your ordinary warlock. Be careful dealing with him. I've been his prisoner since 1935."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-02-29 at 04:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

"I'm Morty. The real one. This new guy had me trapped in the Hotel for decades, and I've been trying to get out for a long time. What year is it? Have I lost track? There's something called a. . . television now. Computers. . . even some thing called an Eye-Pad?"
    Mia frowned. “The real Morty?” Well now, that was an interesting turn of events. And the way this guy was talking made her wonder how he… No wait, she did see a television in the room with the mirror, and there was no doubt the “fake Morty” (assuming this guy was telling the truth) wouldn’t gloat in from of his captive while he enjoyed the fruits of the future.

Shaking her head, Mia snorted humorlessly. “You’ve been out of the loop for a while then. Those are non-magical technologies that run on electricity, like the lightbulb. Think of them as super-powerful calculators… That’s really what they boil down to, despite how much more they are capable of.” It was useful to know for Mia as well, because with that fumbling question alone, she could now deduce the approximate technology level of this new Earth. That is to say, this would seemed to be modern or modern-adjacent.

Though, at the moment, a more pressing issue came to mind: the False Morty, they were clearly going to need to deal with him or risk him retaliating against them later, and Mia didn’t particularly fancy sharing the fate the Real Morty had for the past… 80 or 90 decades? Yeesh. Edward’s own questioning earned several other answers, pegging the fake as a warlock named Mordos. And if the term “warlock” was in any way equivalent to what the D&D term meant… Well, caution was definitely warranted.

Her expression and tone growing serious, Mia’s jaw set with resolve. “How did the fake trap you in the mirror?” the punk asked the real Morty. “I can only assume you’d prefer him dealt with to retake your life, and as it happens, seeing him get what’s coming to him serves our interests as well. Even so…” She frowned. “His apparent magical prowess is a concern. Do you know what sort of magic he specializes in? Does it have any notable tells or casting requirements? How can we avoid falling prey to being trapped like you were?”
    Last edited by Lewascan2; 2024-02-29 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Didn’t see the Q&A from Edward

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Her expression and tone growing serious, Mia’s jaw set with resolve. “How did the fake trap you in the mirror?” the punk asked the real Morty. “I can only assume you’d prefer him dealt with to retake your life, and as it happens, seeing him get what’s coning to him serves our interests as well. Even so…” She frowned. “His apparent magical prowess is a concern. Do you know what sort of magic he specializes in? Does it have any notable tells or casting requirements? How can we avoid falling prey to being trapped like you were?”
    "He was my student, Mordos, but he already had the knowledge of black magic. I taught him various forms of white magic, which he somehow reverse engineered into a corruptive form of the same spells I taught him. He knows how to somehow merge various dimensions together, such as the dream world, the mirror world and the shadow world, with his strongest magic all being dark magic."
    "On Earth, dark magic is partially dealt with through various kinds of rare wood, magical herbs, sometimes incense, salt and cold iron. I tried that and he managed to bust through all my defenses with sheeer will power. I think he's. . . a Human become Devil. He's no longer just a person."

"Anyway, the way he trapped me in the mirror was kind of embarrassing, I tried to trap him in a magic circle with the aforementioned salt, in a room with four doors all with cold iron knobs, with incense wafting through the vents, and had a magic staff made of Elder Wood. Finally I cast a spell that weakened his powers and he still bust out of my trap through an outburst of rage. A windstorm burst out of him and then he knocked me hard, through the walls and I woke up in the mirror."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2024-02-29 at 05:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Team Study - Cassie

The shorter of the two women stays silent for a moment. It crosses her mind that Wordsworth might already be onto the group. He may just be pressing us for free information before the other shoe drops. Of course, it's hard to tell that she's thinking that. Even a proper mind reader would have to contend with her not technically having a brain. From where Wordsworth's standing, Cassie probably just looks shy.

When it becomes clear that everyone is expecting an answer from her, she hesitantly stammers one out. "I, um. I turn into a rat sometimes. I don't really know how or why, but, when I heard someone was teaching people about magic, I thought, maybe I could learn to use it..."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2024-02-29 at 06:55 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Team Study - Cassie

The shorter of the two women stays silent for a moment. It crosses her mind that Wordsworth might already be onto the group. He may just be pressing us for free information before the other shoe drops. Of course, it's hard to tell that she's thinking that. Even a proper mind reader would have to contend with her not technically having a brain. From where Wordsworth's standing, Cassie probably just looks shy.

When it becomes clear that everyone is expecting an answer from her, she hesitantly stammers one out. "I, um. I turn into a rat sometimes. I don't really know how or why, but, when I heard someone was teaching people about magic, I thought, maybe I could learn to use it..."
    "Well, you've all come to the right place. All I need to do now is see your expertise in action." He snaps his fingers, and you all seem to appear in the vastness of space. George begins to panic.

21. - Top - End - #81

HalfOrcPirate

"Well, you've all come to the right place. All I need to do now is see your expertise in action." He snaps his fingers, and you all seem to appear in the vastness of space. George begins to panic.
    Mads heart skips a single beat as the room is replace with a stary void. He starts running through the training he went through for this exacr situation, breath out so your lungs don't explode, Close eyes to try and save the from simultaneously freezing and exploding, hope someone saves you before you die one of the worst deaths imaginable...

After Mads had spent 4 seconds and his blood had not started boiling he experimentally breathed in and deduced they were either not in space or protected from the void by magic.

He opened one eye and hopped a minute amount, the nonexistant floor broke his fall.

An illusion Mads deduced. Pretty neat, the terrifying implication being that he can't trust his sight for the foreseeable future.

He wondered what horrors George was being shown to have such a reaction.

Oh he could check if there was an effect being applied to him and figure out how it works.

Mads power reveals nothing afflicting him for him to move around. A glamer not a figment then.

With nothing he can do to stop the illusion, other than attempt to punch the wizard out he settles for the next best thing.

Mads locks eyes with the wizard, put on his widest smile, thickest accent and says.... "Neat"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

"He was my student, Mordos, but he already had the knowledge of black magic. I taught him various forms of white magic, which he somehow reverse engineered into a corruptive form of the same spells I taught him. He knows how to somehow merge various dimensions together, such as the dream world, the mirror world and the shadow world, with his strongest magic all being dark magic."
    "On Earth, dark magic is partially dealt with through various kinds of rare wood, magical herbs, sometimes incense, salt and cold iron. I tried that and he managed to bust through all my defenses with sheeer will power. I think he's. . . a Human become Devil. He's no longer just a person."

"Anyway, the way he trapped me in the mirror was kind of embarrassing, I tried to trap him in a magic circle with the aforementioned salt, in a room with four doors all with cold iron knobs, with incense wafting through the vents, and had a magic staff made of Elder Wood. Finally I cast a spell that weakened his powers and he still bust out of my trap through an outburst of rage. A windstorm burst out of him and then he knocked me hard, through the walls and I woke up in the mirror."
    "In other words, you didn't actually witness the spell he used to trap you in the mirror at all?" Due to being knocked out already. Well... all that was both ominous and somehow largely unhelpful to hear... at least for Mia's purposes. What was she supposed to do with potential magical counters, when she didn't even know if she could cast magic at all? For all her Stand's power, she was presently worse than a novice when it came to any practical use of magic. Even if she was already resolved to try and rectify that somehow later, that didn't really help her deal with an uber-warlock in the present. She supposed she'd have to fall back on her far more magically proficient comrades in this instance to cover that angle. Hopefully, Edward was getting a decent takeaway from this information...

Mia's eyes briefly drifted to the wand Edward was waving around, and the shape suddenly stuck out to her, something almost akin to a line of spider silk dotted by dew droplets. Her eyes briefly widened in recognition. Is that... the Elder Wand?! A spark of realization hit her, several things clicking into place in a realization she'd only half grokked to prior, but given the situation at hand, she forced herself to set aside that musing for later and focus on the moment.

"Did you... ever manage to actually hurt him during your fight?" Mia asked Morty, her brow furrowing. "It kinda sounds like you barely even touched him." And seriously, what was that "bust out with an outburst of rage" protagonist BS? That wasn't helpful at all! What were they supposed to do against someone that was just going to pull a damn zenkai boost out of their rectum anytime they were mildly inconvenienced?

Shaking her head, Mia asked. "Ignore how hard he is to hurt and assume someone actually managed to bypass his spell slinging. Do you think it'd be possible to put him down with brute force if you could actually hit him? Would he die?" Frankly, if it came down to a matter of sheer brute force, Mia doubted any of her comrades could muster as much concentrated kinetic power as her Stand. If they worked together and she was able to get within 2 meters of the warlock, that would normally be curtains. Her Stand was so wildly physically powerful that it could probably turn Mordos into fleshy Swiss cheese and giblets in mere seconds. The only problem was actually getting close enough to a likely ranged fighter to do it. "Alternatively... How close do you think you were to successfully defeating him before? If you had help, do you think a rematch would be in your favor, or..." Mia frowning, considering another very real possibility. "Or has the time you've spent trapped widened the gap in your powers to the point of making victory an impossibility?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

Shaking her head, Mia asked. "Ignore how hard he is to hurt and assume someone actually managed to bypass his spell slinging. Do you think it'd be possible to put him down with brute force if you could actually hit him? Would he die?" Frankly, if it came down to a matter of sheer brute force, Mia doubted any of her comrades could muster as much concentrated kinetic power as her Stand. If they worked together and she was able to get within 2 meters of the warlock, that would normally be curtains. Her Stand was so wildly physically powerful that it could probably turn Mordos into fleshy Swiss cheese and giblets in mere seconds. The only problem was actually getting close enough to a likely ranged fighter to do it. "Alternatively... How close do you think you were to successfully defeating him before? If you had help, do you think a rematch would be in your favor, or..." Mia frowning, considering another very real possibility. "Or has the time you've spent trapped widened the gap in your powers to the point of making victory an impossibility?"
    "I didn't manage to harm him per se, but he was red in the face and straining very hard before he managed to push through all the wards. I don't know if he's more or less powerful than he was before, but I have noticed that he does SEEM a little weaker than he used to be. Sometimes he seems to be in pain and straining for air. It is conceivable, but maybe not a good idea for a confrontation by ourselves. I can sense your power and you are not anywhere near your potential. "

@Z3r0gamer
    It seems that Mordos has been weakening over time. Despite growing in power by technicality since he's gained knowledge over the years, his longevity spell has ran out, and he's only walking around through sheer will power. His somewhat young appearance is only a magical facade. However, he states that he's been draining people of their souls to reverse the aging process. If he absorbs one more person, he will totally reverse his venerable age.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

"I didn't manage to harm him per se, but he was red in the face and straining very hard before he managed to push through all the wards. I don't know if he's more or less powerful than he was before, but I have noticed that he does SEEM a little weaker than he used to be. Sometimes he seems to be in pain and straining for air. It is conceivable, but maybe not a good idea for a confrontation by ourselves. I can sense your power and you are not anywhere near your potential. "
    Mordos was actually potentially getting weaker? That... was unexpected good news. Of course, this was only Morty guessing here, but he'd had plenty of time to observe that Mia felt she could likely give his intuition an above average amount of credence.

Her gaze sharpened at the comment about her power. Mia wasn't certain if Morty was referring merely to her or the group as a whole, but... "You... aren't wrong." He definitely wasn't wrong, not by any means. She hadn't even tried stopping time yet, wary of the attention it might draw, but she knew she could. Similarly, she was certain -had an instinctive intuition- that she couldn't do it for long, barely a moment. The only reason she could stop time at all was that it was something she knew for a fact she could do, despite the absurd notion it was to wrap her mind around the feat. She needed time to practice and get stronger, to also reshape her way of thinking to more properly perceive this ability as only natural. And beyond that... Well, there was other potential she might be able to unlock. It was a long shot, but... No, thoughts for later.

Sighing, Mia glanced back at Morty's hotel room, frowning deeper. "It's not a confrontation any of us want, true-" Well, any that had a sense of self-preservation. "-but when Mordos awakens and finds you missing, it's a confrontation you are almost certainly going to get regardless, like it or not." Shaking her head and clicking her tongue, Mia's brow furrowed in thought. "If not us, then who is going to deal with this guy?" She rolled her jaw, closing her eyes in thought. "Maybe if we went and got the others, but would that make a difference?" Her brow then tightened, as a far more irritating thought struck her.

Opening her eyes after a moment, Mia's lip curled in distaste, as she begrudgingly suggested, "Or... we could always alert our... patron-" she practically sneered out the word. "- of the situation. Surely, one of the so-called 'most powerful witches in the world' can handle a little eviction notice like this?" She chuffed, adopting a wry smirk. "Besides, I think we technically just accomplished our half of the mission." She said to Edward. "We found out what the 'wizard' was up to here, and now Emma will have the evidence of his malintent enough to make a move, right?" Unless Morty was the 'wizard' in this situation, but Mia didn't think so. It sounded like Morty was a regular 'witch', and it was his student, Mordos, that was the 'wizard', having drawn upon fell powers from elsewhere to perform his magic. Well... they could very well both be 'wizards', but she'd need more information to make a better guess. In the meanwhile...

"It sounds like it's time for us to report back and get this settled." Really, in hindsight, wasn't this for the best? They could let Emma do all the really dangerous work and not put their own lives at risk. The more Mia thought about it, the more she preferred this option; she wouldn't have to potentially reveal her power's true nature like this.
    Last edited by Lewascan2; 2024-03-01 at 03:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

Opening her eyes after a moment, Mia's lip curled in distaste, as she begrudgingly suggested, "Or... we could always alert our... patron-" she practically sneered out the word. "- of the situation. Surely, one of the so-called 'most powerful witches in the world' can handle a little eviction notice like this?".
    "Huh, one of the most powerful witches in the world? I'm curious, which Supreme is your patron? And why do you dislike them?" Mortimer asked. He was genuinely curious.

26. - Top - End - #86

HalfOrcPirate

As the others continue various panic attacks. Somthing else occurs to Mads

"You didn't seem to do any hand or vand vaving and there was no incantation. Is all magic that fast to execute?"

27. - Top - End - #87

RedWizardGuy

EDWARD

Edward files that comment about sensing power and potential away, not really an immediate concern, but interesting to hear.

"I'm all for letting Emma handle this guy, who knows, he might be behind a few other disappearences and she certainly seemed confident in her power, pity she vanished without leaving any method of communication."
    He turns to look at Mildred (not that he knows that's her name) "You know her right, do you have a number for her or something?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

"Huh, one of the most powerful witches in the world? I'm curious, which Supreme is your patron? And why do you dislike them?" Mortimer asked. He was genuinely curious.
    Pursing her lips, Mia gave it a moment of thought. "Oh? I don't know much about any 'Supremes', but I believe she called herself Emma McLaren. She's the witch that owns this hotel. As for why I dislike her?" Mia scoffed, unable to entirely conceal her discontent any longer. "Wouldn't you also be a bit miffed to be summoned to another world and enslaved with a geas to do another's bidding?" she drawled with a scowl.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

Pursing her lips, Mia gave it a moment of thought. "Oh? I don't know much about any 'Supremes', but I believe she called herself Emma McLaren. She's the witch that owns this hotel. As for why I dislike her?" Mia scoffed, unable to entirely conceal her discontent any longer. "Wouldn't you also be a bit miffed to be summoned to another world and enslaved with a geas to do another's bidding?" she drawled with a scowl.
    "OOOOOH! Her! Well she's not the owner of the Hotel, but she's second in line after the current owner. You're in luck! As thanks for saving me from Mordos, I can set you free from the geas! Wizards are generally better at geasi and getting rid of them than other mages. By the way, Supremes are basically the Nine witches chosen to represent the witches in this dimension."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mia Mathers
    Team Stalker

"OOOOOH! Her! Well she's not the owner of the Hotel, but she's second in line after the current owner. You're in luck! As thanks for saving me from Mordos, I can set you free from the geas! Wizards are generally better at geasi and getting rid of them than other mages. By the way, Supremes are basically the Nine witches chosen to represent the witches in this dimension."
    Mia's eyes widened in surprise and burgeoning elation. She hadn't thought she'd run across a solution for her biggest obstacle right now, but if this was legitimate, she'd be a fool not to accept. Sporting the first genuine smile she'd worn since arriving in this world, Mia nodded firmly. "I don't know if the others will have any reason to turn you down, but for my own part, I'll gladly accept. Thank you. Sincerely."

Even recalling the vague threat Emma had levied towards the group before parting ways about breaking free, there was no hesitation in Mia's heart. How did that saying go? She'd rather die free than live a slave? Yes, even though she wasn't certain what she'd do next, she knew that this needed to happen before anything else. Of course, she didn't dismiss Emma's threats entirely. Running away at this stage wasn't likely feasible. And besides, she still hoped to exact some sort of retribution against her captor. So, for now, the smart play was probably to pretend to still be compelled even once she was free and stick with the summoned group... at least until an opportunity to put an end to this "partnership" arose.

In the meanwhile, she carefully filed away the additional information about Emma and the Supremes that Morty had supplied, along with the apparent implication that he was also a wizard of some stripe, just like his apprentice. She mentally corrected her prior assumption of his nature. But also... "Familiar with the concept of alternate dimensions, then?" That seemed clear enough, given he'd shown no confusion over the concept of summoning people from another world. "You clearly know a lot more than us about this world. Even though you've been stuck out of the loop for a while, I don't suppose you know what's been happening to the local witches? The entire reason we were summoned is because Emma is falling into a pit of paranoia over the disappearance of members of her kind. She's been fingering wizards as a whole for being responsible, but personally, I can't help but be skeptical."