New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Speculation: The Gods are Bastards.

This is not something I remember from my previous reading.

Spoiler: Speculations
    Show

First, I came to the conclusion that F’thaan was possibly the shapeshifted son of Elilial and Sharidan: he's safe, he's in very good company and he's getting a good upbringing and education.

Second, with him being where he is, there's a chance (given the existence of Vesk, a very good chance), of his meeting Padma who is his half sister, and there being an unwitting romance between them.

This romance can't happen in time for the Great Doom, unless there are time travel shenanigans, but in this story those are entirely possible, or maybe the romance will be in a sequel. Either way, Vesk will love it to death.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2024-03-01 at 02:58 AM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Speculation: The Gods are Bastards.

Confining the discussion to fictional mythologoes, and unaware which world the example you quoted belong to, I can only agree that it is very rare for the origin stories for gods to include married patents.
    That said, when a lot of gods don't seem to have been created through procreation but more arose (often from bits of other deities of proimordial draogns) I don't think they can be considered the children of unmarried parents either!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Speculation: The Gods are Bastards. (web serial novel)

While the title of this thread suggests that the topic is speculative theogony, I think it is really meant to talk about The Gods Are Bastards, a web serial novel.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Speculation: The Gods are Bastards. (web serial novel)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    While the title of this thread suggests that the topic is speculative theogony, I think it is really meant to talk about The Gods Are Bastards, a web serial novel.
    That would explain the references to names I didn't recognise.