New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: A Mile is Not Enough, Recruitment 3

Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    Hmmn.

How would you feel about a rank and file phase II Clone Trooper?
    One of my favorite writers is Terry Brooks, but I really stopped being interested in Star Wars once Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford weren't the franchise's creators (if you don't know what I mean, George's creation sucked and Carrie and Harrison made subtle and blunt suggestions behind the camera to make what they were working on worth doing).

I'd only be gaining knowledge from the wiki, unless I need to watch the other stuff (no gungans!). I'd like to hear what your character plan is, so I know what filter to see my research through.

@DasIrrlicht
    It would be really hard to work into a roleplay character from that timeline of that franchise, yeah. The solar panels wouldn't really work, since pops have energy upkeep requirements and installed solar panels makes it self-sustaining which isn't in the game mechanics (except one robot race from an anomaly).

---------------

For everyone: The reason characters have to be from established franchises (yes other homebrew roleplays count, so it doesn't have to make money) is because it needs a ruleset we can look up at any given time. I force everyone to be well within their character's rulesets, and the campaign rulesets, at all times.

Can a caveman (Clan of Cave Bear) learn necromancy and fly a spaceship? Yes, obviously. Just not to start. We'd have to go to a campaign where everyone has necromantic magic available if they bother to put in the effort (Ultima Online), and a campaign where everyone can get a spaceship and learn to fly it (Starbound).

But if I don't have clear rules to look at, I can't see what campaigns to plan in the future for your characters to get from Point A to Point ZX to the 9th power.
    Last edited by Viirin; 2024-03-10 at 01:43 PM.
    Spoiler: Me
    Show
    Spoiler: Meyers-Briggs
    Show

Spoiler: Gamer type
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Viirin View Post
    One of my favorite writers is Terry Brooks, but I really stopped being interested in Star Wars once Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford weren't the franchise's creators (if you don't know what I mean, George's creation sucked and Carrie and Harrison made subtle and blunt suggestions behind the camera to make what they were working on worth doing).

I'd only be gaining knowledge from the wiki, unless I need to watch the other stuff (no gungans!). I'd like to hear what your character plan is, so I know what filter to see my research through.
    If you aren't familiar with them, I don't mind switching to a different idea.

The idea was just that as a faceless trooper of an evil galactic empire, he'd embody that NPC ideal pretty well.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

If you aren't familiar with them, I don't mind switching to a different idea.

The idea was just that as a faceless trooper of an evil galactic empire, he'd embody that NPC ideal pretty well.
    You're exactly right, he would. I have no problem looking into different franchises to become familiar with new things, but if you want to switch, that's okay too. One of the stormtrooper issues that comes to mind:

Ben Kenobi: "Only a stormtrooper could be this accurate"
    Every time a stormtrooper is on-screen for 9 movies: Can't hit the broad side of a barn while trapped inside it

So...
    Show
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

The stormtroopers were wildly inaccurate, yes, but the clone troopers didn't have the same problem -- they wiped out all the Jedi Knights, after all.

Any franchise in particular you'd been hoping to see that you haven't so far?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

The stormtroopers were wildly inaccurate, yes, but the clone troopers didn't have the same problem -- they wiped out all the Jedi Knights, after all.

Any franchise in particular you'd been hoping to see that you haven't so far?
    I'm not gonna help with that! If I guide you to something, it won't help you remain passionate about your character and their goals.
    Show
    Show

Show