New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Is there a class your eager to try out in the new rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Sindal View Post
    Whether you agree or disagree with the new rules and playsets, is there a class your looking forward to trying out with newish rules.
    Eh, not really. The subclass that I most like the changes for by far is the Fey Warlock (though I'm a bit if-y on the changes to the main Warlock class), but even assuming my group house-rules in the changes we like from 5.5e, I've already played a Fey Warlock, and there's plenty of things I haven't played that I'd be more eager to play before re-playing anything I've already used, even with a bunch of positive changes.

Beyond that you have a mix of classes that are probably improved, but not in ways that excite me (Sorcerer, Monk - especially since I hate what they did to the Four Elements subclass, which I was so wishing for a good version of); a class that got something that I think is cool but isn't really one I personally want to play (Rogue); and things that either didn't change much (Wizard) or that I'm more mixed or negative on (most of the rest).
    Last edited by Zevox; 2024-03-08 at 09:41 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Is there a class your eager to try out in the new rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Even if they made base DS not a spell, it would probably still take a bonus action...
    For sure. I'm totally ok with that. I just have issues, both mechanically and thematically, with base smite being a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I have to admit, Wishing for the UA version of a feature is novel if nothing else
    Not something I'd thought of before now, but certainly intriguing. You'd need a really kind DM to allow it without complications, but I quite like the concept.
    Insert Clever Signature Here