New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Is there any email app for Android that allows emails to be saved as local files?

Is there any email app for android that allows emails to be saved as local files?

The closest I've been able to find is gmail, which allows exporting as PDF files with page break artifacts and non-functional links. Is there any program out there for Android that will export things as something sensible like a .html?

EDIT:
    And as an aside, why is it that many apps seem to have situations like gmail where things can be exported as .pdf but not saved as .html or .mhtml? AFAIK .pdf is really only useful if you plan to print something out, so why bother having that but not the relatively useful .mhtml
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2024-03-11 at 04:19 PM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Is there any email app for Android that allows emails to be saved as local files?

I don't know of any smartphone apps, but there are desktop applications that can do that. Thunderbird lets you download your emails locally. And I think the Gmail desktop web app lets you download an email as a TXT or HTML file.