New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 3.5 low-power; Dungeon of Strangeness 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rilem View Post
    Complete Warrior Samurai2/incarnate4? Approximate Fullblades by using golden weapons from FRCS, which bumps up damage dice.
    They were all separate ideas. One using OA. One using AaEG. One using incarnum. The three builds would be entirely disjointed of each other.

It all just depends on what we actually need for a party, or what might be most fun.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    I was going to get Baleful Utterance with my Warlock level (flavoured as decay more than destruction).
    I like your concept a lot, to be frank, so perhaps I could be persuaded to drop it in your favour.
    Anyway, lots of things can change still.
    No, no! I'm in a game with Alhallor where we both play unarmed warriors who could make synchronized Flying Kicks by virtue of them both possessing the feat. I think Brakq would, perhaps, even appreciate MORE people breaking MORE things.

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    I wanted to make a dungeoncrasher, you just made a DUNGEON THRASHER!
    Let's just hope she doesn't meet the Dungeon fisher, though. (Have you noticed how canned tuna is often dolphin-free, but never explicitly mermaid-free?) At any rate, a 10' movement speed promises much thrashing uselessly about!

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    That sounds wonderfully insane, perfect for this adventure.
    Why, thank you! I even made a sheet in the meantime:

Brakq the Hammer
    F Likely CE Merfolk Warlock 3/Cleric 1/Warblade 1, Level 5 (ECL 6), Init 1, HP 38/38, DR 1/cold iron, Speed 10', swim 50'
    AC 13, Touch 9, Flat-footed 12, Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 4
    +1 MAUL +3 (2d8+7+1d6 (or MORE), ×3)
    HAMMER BLAST (INFINITE) +5 (2d6, –)
    Easy travel +1 sharkskin (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, -2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 18
    Condition None

A picture is forthcoming. arrives:
    Spoiler: Brakq the HAMMER
    Show

Scaly fish skin? Check.
    Weird bulging fish eyes? Check.
    Debris of strictly unknown origin? Check.
    Massive oversized hammer? CHECK.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-03-18 at 11:23 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

What are your thoughts on allowing this Homebrew Warlock

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AscarothD View Post
    What are your thoughts on allowing this Homebrew Warlock
    I guess it's okay, what are you wanting of it, that the normal warlock doesn't get you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

5. - Top - End - #35

AssassinGuy

I've settled on a neutral jermlaine sorcerer who uses everyday magic, sitting on his floating invisible throne, loafing about with his familiars watching the things unfold while doing his part at the same time.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

The same person that wrote the Reserve mage also wrote a few homebrew reserve feats to supplement. I was hoping to use a few of them. Particularly Corpswalk and Vanishing Act

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

I guess it's okay, what are you wanting of it, that the normal warlock doesn't get you?
    It's more generous with the invocations, and having access to cantrips is nice. The Dark Secret is similar to a 3/day metamagic feat or similar.

I'm debating on a Lesser Aasimar for race, and there is a Celestial Warlock Heritage that I give up the Dark Secret and gain abilities fluffed around the Angelic Heritage.

Protective Aura (Su): At 2nd level an angelic warlock radiates an aura of safety. Against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures, this ability provides a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 10 feet of you. The warlock may suppress or resume this aura as a free action. This aura can be dispelled, but the warlock can create it again as a free action on his next turn.

Smite Evil (Su): At 4th level an angelic warlock may attempt to smite evil with a normal melee attack or his eldritch blast. He adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per warlock level. If the angelic warlock accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, the smite has no effect. Smite evil may only be used with a melee attack or an eldritch blast that requires an attack roll and only applies to the first creature attacked. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds.

Angelic Countenance (Su): At 6th level an angelic warlock gains the ability to shine like the sun. The warlock may shine as the daylight spell. Undead within the range of this light take 1d4 + (1/2 your warlock level rounded down) points of positive energy damage every round they stay within its range. Activating this ability is a standard action and can be turned off as a swift action.
    Last edited by AscarothD; 2024-03-15 at 04:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    They were all separate ideas. One using OA. One using AaEG. One using incarnum. The three builds would be entirely disjointed of each other.

It all just depends on what we actually need for a party, or what might be most fun.
    Self quoting so I can @alhallor, who wanted clarification on the fullblade (so still pending approval). The biggest thing is it effectively uses 3.0 weapon size rules, and calls out fullblade as requiring the exotic weapon feat and 2 hands for the standard medium creature, with 2d8 damage. So a large, or in this case an effectively large, can do it with 1 hand.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    The same person that wrote the Reserve mage also wrote a few homebrew reserve feats to supplement. I was hoping to use a few of them. Particularly Corpswalk and Vanishing Act
    My 2c: they don't seem very well written overall (what happens to the current undead if you animate a new one with Corpsewalk? It gets destroyed, or remains but is now uncontrolled?), and Vanishing Act seems pretty overpowered (at-will Swift Invisibility, assuming "vanishing" means becoming invisible). It could stick to providing concealment for instance.
    With that said, I love the idea of adding new Reserve feats.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ugh, the +2 LA is really killing me, not for power but because it makes it impossible to go into Beast Heart Adept until ECL 8. So before that I'll be taking two levels of Archivist, because An Eidetic Dogchivist is just too good to pass on.

But, i really have to ask: Would you be open to Oslecamo's Blink dog's progression? It is two levels, loses +4 to Dex and handles The blink and the Dimension Door as Spell-Like abilities, which is weaker than than (Su) and limits them to 4/HD per day each. I still think that they should be either swift or immediate actions, free actions are wrong.

Spoiler: Blink dog
    Show
    Blink Dog

Hit Die: d10
    Level BAB Fort Ref Will Features
    1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Dog body, Blink, +1 Dex, +1 Wis, Scent
    2 +2 +3 +3 +0 Dimension Door, Dimensional Agility, +1 Dex, +1 Wis
    Skills: 4+Int mod. Class skills are A Blinkdogs class skills are Balance, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, and Swim.

Proficiencies: A blinkdog is proficient with its own natural weapons.

Features

Dog Body:The Blink dog loses all other racial bonuses, and gains magical beast traits(basically darkvision 60 foot and low light vision). It is a medium sized magical beast with base speed 40 foot, and a natural weapon bite attack dealing 1d6+1,5 Str modifier damage. Blink dogs have no limbs capable of fine manipulation.

A blink dog also gains a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier.

Blink: Blink dogs have the ability to travel to and from the ethereal plane for brief bursts of time, because of this blink dogs often appear to be winking in and out of existence. A blink dog can use blink as a spell like ability 4/day for each HD it possesses. Using this ability requires a move action. When a Blinkdog reaches 5 HD he can use this ability as a free action. The caster level for this effect is the blinkdog’s HD

Ability Increase: A blink dog gains +1 to Dex at 1st level, +1 to Dex at 2nd level, +1 to Wis at 1st and second level, for a total of +2 Dex and +2 Wis at second level.

Scent: As the SRD ability.

Dimension Door: Blink dogs are masters of dimensional movement and can leap from one point to another in the blink of an eye. At 2nd level the blink dog can use Dimension Door as a spell-like ability 4/day for each HD it possesses, except that the range is equal to the Blink Dog's base speed. Using this ability requires a move action. At 8 HD this ability can be used as a free action, but only 1/round.

Dimensional Agility: At 2nd level the Blink Dog gains Dimensional Agility as a bonus feat.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that it's finally letting me post, here's Variel: a Swordsage that goes (almost) all-in on Desert Wind. Still needs fluff and mundane equipment but should otherwise be good to go.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

To be honest Corpsewalk seems fine. With you taking Reserve mage you have a 2 HD zombie? That's not overpowered.

Vanishing Act seems pretty strong but with it being a swift and not an immediate action I can see it working, given that you don't spam it to be invisible all the time. (Because you only use a swift action every round, yada yada...)

I haven't looked at the other reserve feats at detail if you want to take others I'll give them a closer look.

It's more generous with the invocations, and having access to cantrips is nice. The Dark Secret is similar to a 3/day metamagic feat or similar.

I'm debating on a Lesser Aasimar for race, and there is a Celestial Warlock Heritage that I give up the Dark Secret and gain abilities fluffed around the Angelic Heritage.

Protective Aura (Su): At 2nd level an angelic warlock radiates an aura of safety. Against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures, this ability provides a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 10 feet of you. The warlock may suppress or resume this aura as a free action. This aura can be dispelled, but the warlock can create it again as a free action on his next turn.

Smite Evil (Su): At 4th level an angelic warlock may attempt to smite evil with a normal melee attack or his eldritch blast. He adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per warlock level. If the angelic warlock accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, the smite has no effect. Smite evil may only be used with a melee attack or an eldritch blast that requires an attack roll and only applies to the first creature attacked. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds.

Angelic Countenance (Su): At 6th level an angelic warlock gains the ability to shine like the sun. The warlock may shine as the daylight spell. Undead within the range of this light take 1d4 + (1/2 your warlock level rounded down) points of positive energy damage every round they stay within its range. Activating this ability is a standard action and can be turned off as a swift action.
    I'm okay with the angelic version, but I'm not okay with Lesser Assimar.

Self quoting so I can @alhallor, who wanted clarification on the fullblade (so still pending approval). The biggest thing is it effectively uses 3.0 weapon size rules, and calls out fullblade as requiring the exotic weapon feat and 2 hands for the standard medium creature, with 2d8 damage. So a large, or in this case an effectively large, can do it with 1 hand.
    I'm okay with weird weapon scaling (I guess... It depends what comes of it.) Will it end up doing 6d6 damage? That's too much for this poor dungeon.

Ugh, the +2 LA is really killing me, not for power but because it makes it impossible to go into Beast Heart Adept until ECL 8. So before that I'll be taking two levels of Archivist, because An Eidetic Dogchivist is just too good to pass on.

But, i really have to ask: Would you be open to Oslecamo's Blink dog's progression? It is two levels, loses +4 to Dex and handles The blink and the Dimension Door as Spell-Like abilities, which is weaker than than (Su) and limits them to 4/HD per day each. I still think that they should be either swift or immediate actions, free actions are wrong.

Spoiler: Blink dog
    Show
    Blink Dog

Hit Die: d10
    Level BAB Fort Ref Will Features
    1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Dog body, Blink, +1 Dex, +1 Wis, Scent
    2 +2 +3 +3 +0 Dimension Door, Dimensional Agility, +1 Dex, +1 Wis
    Skills: 4+Int mod. Class skills are A Blinkdogs class skills are Balance, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, and Swim.

Proficiencies: A blinkdog is proficient with its own natural weapons.

Features

Dog Body:The Blink dog loses all other racial bonuses, and gains magical beast traits(basically darkvision 60 foot and low light vision). It is a medium sized magical beast with base speed 40 foot, and a natural weapon bite attack dealing 1d6+1,5 Str modifier damage. Blink dogs have no limbs capable of fine manipulation.

A blink dog also gains a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier.

Blink: Blink dogs have the ability to travel to and from the ethereal plane for brief bursts of time, because of this blink dogs often appear to be winking in and out of existence. A blink dog can use blink as a spell like ability 4/day for each HD it possesses. Using this ability requires a move action. When a Blinkdog reaches 5 HD he can use this ability as a free action. The caster level for this effect is the blinkdog’s HD

Ability Increase: A blink dog gains +1 to Dex at 1st level, +1 to Dex at 2nd level, +1 to Wis at 1st and second level, for a total of +2 Dex and +2 Wis at second level.

Scent: As the SRD ability.

Dimension Door: Blink dogs are masters of dimensional movement and can leap from one point to another in the blink of an eye. At 2nd level the blink dog can use Dimension Door as a spell-like ability 4/day for each HD it possesses, except that the range is equal to the Blink Dog's base speed. Using this ability requires a move action. At 8 HD this ability can be used as a free action, but only 1/round.

Dimensional Agility: At 2nd level the Blink Dog gains Dimensional Agility as a bonus feat.
    I do like it being less powerful, but I don't wanna start allowing Oslecamo or I gain a flow of requests regarding that. But I do would like to limit it as swift and immediate actions for both Blink and Dimenison Door... I can also see you're conondrum, I'd think about it a bit and come back to you.

I haven't done the math on how many levels you will gain in the dungeon, I'm pretty sure it won't be 0.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I do like it being less powerful, but I don't wanna start allowing Oslecamo or I gain a flow of requests regarding that. But I do would like to limit it as swift and immediate actions for both Blink and Dimenison Door... I can also see you're conondrum, I'd think about it a bit and come back to you.

I haven't done the math on how many levels you will gain in the dungeon, I'm pretty sure it won't be 0.
    Totally get it, that's a can of worms I'd not open myself.

I'd be fine If I hadn't remembered that Beast Heart Adept existed... Now I'm thorn between playing a blink dogchivist who wants to befriend an Otyugh or the guy who has a blink dog as companion.

I'll trust in our survival and go with what I have, taking either Archivist or Factotum at CL7 and 8 and then Beast Heart Adept. I'll finish the gear and send a reviewed link after work today.

14. - Top - End - #44

AssassinGuy

Here is Jem, my Jermlaine Sorcerer. Still WiP. Decided to be NE instead of N because there is someone who went CE. That may change.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-03-18 at 05:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Brakq the Hammer
    Meanwhile: eleventh time the charm! I finally managed to get the formatting toolbars to load and update things with a picture. Brakq is ready for review (and to break things)!

(Also, since it came up, CE in this particular instance means not so much "look, an orphan, let's murder 'em and wear their corpse" as "if I manage to crawl close enough to it within this century, I'd so love to test the structural integrity of that architectural feature WITH A HAMMER!!" At any rate, I'm all on board with the whole Tiny Evil Rat Fey Sorcerer idea, and you almost had me with that CHA of 6, Yas!)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-03-18 at 11:29 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm okay with weird weapon scaling (I guess... It depends what comes of it.) Will it end up doing 6d6 damage? That's too much for this poor dungeon.
    Nope! The full plan is swinging them wildly and widely, and building straight fighter. No size spells. No might wallop. Just meaty swords and strength stat and bab to back them up.

17. - Top - End - #47

Planetar

To be honest Corpsewalk seems fine. With you taking Reserve mage you have a 2 HD zombie? That's not overpowered.

Vanishing Act seems pretty strong but with it being a swift and not an immediate action I can see it working, given that you don't spam it to be invisible all the time. (Because you only use a swift action every round, yada yada...)

I haven't looked at the other reserve feats at detail if you want to take others I'll give them a closer look.
    I think Corpsewalk needs the word "control" switched to "animate" to clarify that only one zombie can exist at a time. It is up to you if that means that a second casting is impossible or if a second casting de-animates the first. Either is fine with me, but cutting off the "I let loose a dozen uncontrolled zombies inside the enemy camp" problem from poor wording is a good idea.

You can't do a swift action while flat-footed for instance so at 1 round invisibility I cannot start most combats invisible. Except extremely well-timed ambushes.

Bee Swarm and Shattering Word, Both are damage reserve feats with an added effect. Bee swarm is a little weird, in that it doesn't do damage unless the person moves within the next round, and Shattering Word ignores hardness, so it can be used to slowly destroy locks for instance.

And possibly at higher levels taking Smoulder or Enrage. Enrage is a little poorly written as it just states they attack any creature but imply they mean nearest creature.

I did have to change my level distribution to Beguiler3/Reserve Mage 3 (Precocious Apprentice to get access at the same level as Wizard), because most of the non-direct damage Reserve Feats are 3rd level and I want utility more than damage. That does unlock Reserve Fuse, which is a bit of an increase in ability.

Edit: Gina Thorne, Arcane Gnome Reserve Mage and Dungeon Delver Extraordinaire*

*Dungeon Delver Extraordinaire is a marketing term and does not guarantee the quality of adventuring, nor the survival of your party. Agreeing to adventure with Gina indemnifies her from any potential damages you may incur during the adventure up to and including death.
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-03-18 at 01:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm okay with the angelic version, but I'm not okay with Lesser Assimar.
    The thing that made Lesser Aasimar LA +0 is because they are no longer Outsiders, they are humanoid planetouched, meaning they are now vulnerable to spells that effect humanoids.
    I don't mind dropping the +2 wis, and daylight 1/day if that helps.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

A little late, but as it still open I will ask.

Have an idea for a dread necromancer. Would you be cool on that?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

With this Revenant, I'd lean Assuran (Hoar)/ Velsharoon. Alignment L.N.
    "Grigor Hulmaster"

Ex - (aka Lord) Harmach of Hulburg.
    source
    32 Point buy:
    +4 Str
    +2 Cha

Str) 15 +4= 19
    Dex) 14
    Con) -
    Int) 15
    Wis) 10
    Cha) 15 +2= 17
    Hp) 36
    Saves)
    Magic*
    F) +0/ +0 +4= +4 *+1= +5
    R) +0/ +0 +2= +2 *+1= +3
    W) +2/ +3 +3= +8 *+1= +9
    Bab) +0/ +1= +1
    Languages Known;
    -Common
    -Chondathan
    -Damaran
    -Dwarven
    -Elven
    -Draconic
    -Untheric
    -Netherese

If +3 LA:
    1) Wizard 1
    2) H.Paragon 1
    3) H.Paragon 2
    = Lvl 1 spells

4) H.Paragon 3
    5) Master Specialist 1
    = Lvl 2 spells.

1) Wizard 1 (Illusionist with Chains of Disbelief (Ex) and Illusion Mastery (Ex) (no familiar and no extra spell per day)
    (Illusionist specialist, no Abjuration/ Alteration), Scribe Scroll.
    2) Human Paragon 1 (no caster lvl) Martial Wpn.Prof: Lance, Adaptive Learning (Ex): Gather Info
    3) Human Paragon 2
    4) Human Paragon 3 +2 Int/ +1 Str or Cha
    5) Master Specialist 1 (feats: Skill Focus-Spellcraft)
    6) Master Specialist 2 (Expanded Spellbook: +1 spell; ) Ft: Saddleback?

B1) Force of Personality (Cha instead of Wis for Will Sv.) (Defensive)
    1) Collegiate Wizzard (Yes a little optimized.)
    1) Precocious Apprentice-Phantasmal Assailants
    H) Multilingual (+3 Languages, Language skill always inclass, +2 Decipher) (Fluffy)
    3) Spellfocus - Illusion (Somewhat optimized)
    H.P2) Positive Energy Resistance (10)
    B2) Life Sense

Spells: (Per day: 5x 0, 4x 1, +1 Lvl 1/ +1 lvl 2)
    6+Int (2)= 8 lvl 1, all lvl 0
    4 +2 Illusionist* spells per subsequent lvl.
    Lvl0)
    Detect Magic [1/-]
    Read Magic
    Silent Portal* [2/-]
    Caltrops
    Arcane Mark
    Prestidigitation [1/1]
    Ray of Frost [1/-]

Lvl1)
    Charm person
    Identify
    Detect Secret Doors [1/-]
    Summon Undead I [1/-]
    Wall of Smoke [1/-]
    Master's Touch
    Dead End*
    Disguise Self*

Spontaneous Search [1/-]
    Appraising Touch [1/-]
    Serene Visage*
    Ventriloquism*
    Cloak Pool
    Delusions of Grandeur

Lvl2) (on my next level gain)
    Phantasmal Assailants* (My fav.)
    Shadow mask*
    Invisibility *
    Continual Flame
    Summon Undead II
    Create Magic Tattoo
    Discern Shapechanger

Skills: (2+2= 4x4= 16 +4 Human, 4 +2/ +1= 7, 7 = 34)
    Know Arcana 4 +2/ +2
    Know History 2 +2
    Gather Info 5 +3
    =10
    Concentration 4 +3
    Spellcraft 5 +2/ +2
    Know Nob. & Royalty 1 +2
    Ride Horse 1 +2
    Know Religion 1 +2
    Decipher Script 1 +2/ +2
    =14
    Search 5 +2
    Spot 2 +0
    Sense Motive 2 +0
    Language 1
    =10
    Total=34

Fluff:
    Grigor is a Human Noble of a lesser family, died at the hands of some Zhentarim Cyricists), His god Assuran allows him to come back and gifts him a token item (this is an items that will allow me to exist even after I killed one of my initial killers (although Grigor doesn't know that yet).) Grigor has been haunting his killers so far, and managed to kill one of them, but the main group of culprits are still at large.

Grigor is a consummate Noble, educated, curious, but a little snobby, loves horses more then humans. He's curious about landscape and terrain features on a grand scale, history of all sorts and knows somewhat about the nobility and is a fervent believer of the divine, even if he isn't a priest.

As Harmach he wasn't a Tyrant, he was well meaning, and reasonably good at arbitrating disputes, running day to day he left to his staff though. When Cyricist assassins came for him, he fought as good as he could, but to no avail unfortunately. Grigor knows he has changed somehow, but unsure as to the exact nature of it all, he always had a strong
    religious connection to his gods of adherance, both Velsharoon and his main god Assuran, He definately feels stronger, both in physical strenght and a little more charismatic, but nothing outwardly tells him anything else yet.

Grigor also feels a nagging urge to find his killers, he knows he hates them, and wants revenge, but this nagging feeling is different, more demanding, as if he is being guided, whether by his hatred for his killers, or by his god, he isn't sure, it's just another issue he has to try to find out, reflecting to himself.
    (None of his immunities are things he'd gladly try out, so trial and error will only show him these, and I will play him as if he still supposes he is "human".)

Items/ Possesions; (13.000 gp)
    Ring of Assuran; (suggested request to Dm.)
    Ring of Protection +1, + (Any Revenant wearing this ring does not dissipate at the end of 6 months after it's creation, it proceeds to exist indefinately by Assuran's will, and Assuran wil divert my attention to a new target when my initial target is resolved, so a good trope for the Dm to use if we go any further even after this initial dungeon campaign.), (2.000
    +??)
    Gloves of Ogre Strenght +2 Strenght (4.000)
    Mithril Round Heavy Steel Shield +1, (1.000+ 170=1.170
    Stiletto +1 (Dagger) (p) (his main weapon with his shield when not mounted) (302+2.000= 2.302)
    Mw Lance (310)
    =9.782
    Noble's Outfit,
    Survival outfit,
    Warhorse, heavy,
    Saddle and bit.
    Belt Pouch,
    Lance's
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-03-22 at 05:25 AM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Spear View Post
    snip
    This all looks a bit optimized for what is advertised as quite the suboptimal game.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

This all looks a bit optimized for what is advertised as quite the suboptimal game.
    Couple of feats that will never get used in a dungeon?
    Yea, soooo optimized, 😆
    A wizard with int 14?
    Nobody wants to play a complete noob, but there has to be some character concept consistency regardless of "optimization or not".
    Please let me and the Dm talk about this, instead of crying foul right from the get-go.

Also; how is a Gnome single classed lvl 6 mage with an Int of 18 at start up not optimized? (just to make a point).
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-03-19 at 08:06 AM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Posted sheets (in posting order)
    Player Character Races + Classes Notes
    AscarothD Solis Augustine Aasimar Warlock Incomplete
    Auranghzeb Arco Blink Dog Floof Fluff Background here
    Ridai Faith St. Mary Human Channeler Done
    samduke Angie Croft Human Factotum/Warmage Background here
    Cygnia Mystery Tibbit Dragonfire Adept Scheming
    Metastachydium Brakq the Hammer Merfolk Warlock/Cleric/Warblade Done
    Athaleon Variel Karsomyr Human Swordsage Incomplete
    Yas392 Jem Jermlaine Sorcerer Backstory in progress?
    Benoojian Gian Thorne Arcane Gnome Beguiler/Reserve Mage No background
    Burning Spear {CHARNAME} Revenant Wizard/Human Paragon/Master Specialist Incomplete

Also, a thought on Faith St. Mary's Horn of Heavens: it's a full action to do 3d8 sonic damage in a 20ft cone, with a save for half, then one round of cooldown before it can be tooted again. The main objective, really, is to have summonable tootables at-will.

If the damage of the horn feels like it would be too much, can we make a deal and change it to an invocation with which Faith can summon any type of normal instrument (only one summoned instrument at a time, and disappears if dropped) and maybe a sketchbook with drawing supplies?
    Last edited by Ridai; 2024-03-19 at 10:56 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Scheming
    *Mystery affects a look of innocence with a "borrowed" halo*

25. - Top - End - #55

AssassinGuy

Updating my status.

Yas392 Jem Jermlaine Sorcerer Complete
    Burning Spear {CHARNAME} Revenant Wizard/Human Paragon/Master Specialist Incomplete

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

The only reason I have not completed my app yet, is if the GM still will not allow me to play a lesser Aasimar even with being humanoid planetouched, instead of outsider, I offered to also remove the +2 Wis and my 1/day daylight spell.

I figured that it's a big enough nerf, but still gives me +2 Charisma.

It's also the main reason he would have the Celestial Heritage warlock feature. :)

Simply waiting for the GM to respond.

Did perhaps the GM say no, because I took 2 feats? Celestial Heritage and Outsider Wings?

Outsider Wings (Celestial)
    ( Races of Faerun, p. 167)
    [General]
    You have sprouted wings appropriate to your heritage, revealing the power of your supernatural bloodline.

Prerequisite: Aasimar or tiefling, and Will saves +2, base Fortitude, Celestial Bloodline or Fiendish Bloodline, Reflex,

Benefit: You gain wings (feathered if an aasimar, batlike if a tiefling), allowing you to fly at your land speed (average maneuverability). A medium or heavy load that would reduce your land speed reduces your fly speed a proportionate amount.

Added Note. Warlocks have fell flight invocation at 6th, if I wanted to gain flight through an invocation.
    FELL FLIGHT
    Lesser; 3rd
    When you use this invocation, the powers of darkness bear you aloft as you sprout a streaming, winglike cape of shadows. You can fly at a speed equal to your land speed with good maneuverability for 24 hours.

If the wings were the reason not approving the lesser aasimar, I can simply not gain flight in general. Feats or Invocation. Does it also mean banning any other methods of flight and teleportation?
    Last edited by AscarothD; 2024-03-19 at 02:59 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Likewise, but I'll bve scribbling away at my fluff, basing it on Forgotten Realms untill told otherwise .

My character's name btw: Grigor Hulmaster
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Updating my status.

Burning Spear Grigor Hulmaster Revenant Wizard/Human Paragon/Master Specialist Coming/ Scheming
    Last edited by Burning Spear; 2024-03-19 at 02:35 PM.
    GNU Sir Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Throwing in a Knight, should be very low on the power scale.

Burning Spear Grigor Hulmaster Revenant Wizard/Human Paragon/Master Specialist Coming/ Scheming
    Aegis013 Xyrona Half-Elf Knight/Anointed Knight Pending additional fluff
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2024-03-19 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Totally get it, that's a can of worms I'd not open myself.

I'd be fine If I hadn't remembered that Beast Heart Adept existed... Now I'm thorn between playing a blink dogchivist who wants to befriend an Otyugh or the guy who has a blink dog as companion.

I'll trust in our survival and go with what I have, taking either Archivist or Factotum at CL7 and 8 and then Beast Heart Adept. I'll finish the gear and send a reviewed link after work today.
    Regarding the Blink Dog.

Would you be okay with capping the Blink and Dimension Door to Oslecamo levels (only be used on HD as immediate and swift actions respectively and making them Su's), getting the +4 Dex down to a +2 and just using the 4 racial HD with no adjustments?

I know it's a weird hodgepodge of changes but that feels right to me (and you can still get in some levels of Archivist that way.)

Nope! The full plan is swinging them wildly and widely, and building straight fighter. No size spells. No might wallop. Just meaty swords and strength stat and bab to back them up.
    I'm okay with that. The last dungeon game just had a 6d6+strength hammer wielder that was... A little much for the game.

I think Corpsewalk needs the word "control" switched to "animate" to clarify that only one zombie can exist at a time. It is up to you if that means that a second casting is impossible or if a second casting de-animates the first. Either is fine with me, but cutting off the "I let loose a dozen uncontrolled zombies inside the enemy camp" problem from poor wording is a good idea.

You can't do a swift action while flat-footed for instance so at 1 round invisibility I cannot start most combats invisible. Except extremely well-timed ambushes.

Bee Swarm and Shattering Word, Both are damage reserve feats with an added effect. Bee swarm is a little weird, in that it doesn't do damage unless the person moves within the next round, and Shattering Word ignores hardness, so it can be used to slowly destroy locks for instance.

And possibly at higher levels taking Smoulder or Enrage. Enrage is a little poorly written as it just states they attack any creature but imply they mean nearest creature.

I did have to change my level distribution to Beguiler3/Reserve Mage 3 (Precocious Apprentice to get access at the same level as Wizard), because most of the non-direct damage Reserve Feats are 3rd level and I want utility more than damage. That does unlock Reserve Fuse, which is a bit of an increase in ability.

Edit: Gina Thorne, Arcane Gnome Reserve Mage and Dungeon Delver Extraordinaire*

*Dungeon Delver Extraordinaire is a marketing term and does not guarantee the quality of adventuring, nor the survival of your party. Agreeing to adventure with Gina indemnifies her from any potential damages you may incur during the adventure up to and including death.
    I'm down for the Corpsewalk changes and glad that you're not gonna spam Invisibility.

I think the other Reserve feats are fine (I didn't saw anything truly outrageous if I interpret them correctly). Letting loose a Bee swarm will be great. Be prepared for a counter in the form of "Tensers really annoying bee" though.

The thing that made Lesser Aasimar LA +0 is because they are no longer Outsiders, they are humanoid planetouched, meaning they are now vulnerable to spells that effect humanoids.
    I don't mind dropping the +2 wis, and daylight 1/day if that helps.
    Yes, I think dropping the +2 wis would be fine for me. You can keep the daylight, I just think 2 +2's are a bit much without any LA or other balancing factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro_Nogard View Post
    A little late, but as it still open I will ask.

Have an idea for a dread necromancer. Would you be cool on that?
    Yes, but with caveats. Don't make yourself healable by negative energy and don't build an undead army to solve problems for you. Minionmancy seems to be the death for a lot of games. If you're just fine with using dread necromancers spells and other abilities I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Spear View Post
    Also interested, i'd like to apply with a revenant build (+1 cr, but no LA, other then some person adjudicating it a +3 LA)

Also, what world is this dungeon going to be in? what gods are allowed? I am partial to Forgotten Realms'S Pantheon tbh.

With this Revenant, I'd lean Assuran (Hoar)/ Velsharoon. Alignment L.N.
    "Grigor Hulmaster"

(Lord aka) Harmach
    source
    32 Point buy:
    +4 Str
    +2 Cha

Str) 15 +4= 19
    Dex) 14
    Con) -
    Int) 14
    Wis) 10
    Cha) 16 +2= 18

If +3 LA:
    1) Wizard 1
    2) H.Paragon 1
    3) H.Paragon 2
    = Lvl 1 spells

4) H.Paragon 3
    5) Master Specialist 1
    = Lvl 2 spells.

1) Wizard 1 (Illusionist with Chains of Disbelief (Ex) and Illusion Mastery (Ex) (no familiar and no extra spell per day)
    (Illusionist specialist, no Abjuration/ Alteration)
    2) Human Paragon 1 (no caster lvl) Martial Wpn.Prof: Lance, Adaptive Learning (Ex): Gather Info
    3) Human Paragon 2
    4) Human Paragon 3 +2/ +1
    5) Master Specialist 1 (feats: Skill Focus-Spellcraft)
    6) Master Specialist 2 (Expanded Spellbook: +1 spell; )

B1) Force of Personality (Cha instead of Wis for Will Sv.) (Defensive)
    B2) Positive Energy Resistance or Life Sense (Defensive or More options)
    1) Collegiate Wizzard (Yes a little optimized.)
    1) Saddleback (Regional) (Fluffy, no-one takes a horse into a dungeon, now do they?!))
    H) Multilingual (+3 Languages, Language skill always inclass, +2 Decipher) (Fluffy)
    3) Spellfocus - Illusion (Somewhat optimized)
    H.P2) Mounted Combat (Again, horse in a dungeon?)

Spells:
    6+Int (2)= 8 lvl 1, all lvl 0
    4 +2 Illusionist spells per subsequent lvl.
    Lvl0)
    Detect Magic
    Read Magic
    Silent Portal

Lvl1)
    Charm person
    Identify
    Detect Secret Doors
    Summon Undead I
    Wall of Smoke
    Master's Touch
    Dead End*
    Disguise Self*

Spontaneous Search
    Appraising Touch
    Serene Visage*
    Ventriloquism*
    Cloak Pool
    Delusions of Grandeur

Lvl2)
    Phantasmal Assailants* (My fav.)
    Invisibility *
    Continual Flame
    Summon Undead II
    Create Magic Tattoo
    Discern Shapechanger

Skills:
    Know Arcana .. +2/ +2

Fluff: (currently nutshell, will elaborate more once I get some answers rto my questions from the Dm.)
    Human Noble of a lesser family, died at the hands of some (?? Dm can suggest his worlds evil guys, If Forgotten Realms, then I'd be eyeing Zhentarim Cyricists), Assuran allows him to come back and gifts him a token item (magical item with nothing much, this is more an items that will allow me to exist even after

So presuming the setting used is Forgotten Realms (yes it's a big presumption, but I cna at least start writing my fluff, and can alter it if another world is chosen.)

Items/ Possesions; (13.000 gp)
    Ring of Assuran; (suggested request to Dm.)
    Ring of Protection +1, + Any Revenant wearing this ring does not dissipate at the end of 6 months after it's creation, it proceeds to exist indefinately by Assuran's will.

Gloves of Ogre Strenght +2 Strenght
    Round Heavy Shield +1,
    Stiletto +1 (Dagger) (p) (his main weapon with his shield when not mounted)
    Mw Lance
    +3 LA seems to be fitting for a Revenant, I'm not sure about the Regeneration because it basically seems that you're unkillable without a very specific setup. Even with lethal damage you're just popping up some minutes later that seems... Pretty excessive. As written it seems to powerful do you have any ideas how to balance that down and still maintaining the vision you clearly have for this guy?

I haven't thought about the setting at all, I guess you're not doing wrong with Forgotten Realms. But you won't meet any NPC's from there.

snip

Also, a thought on Faith St. Mary's Horn of Heavens: it's a full action to do 3d8 sonic damage in a 20ft cone, with a save for half, then one round of cooldown before it can be tooted again. The main objective, really, is to have summonable tootables at-will.

If the damage of the horn feels like it would be too much, can we make a deal and change it to an invocation with which Faith can summon any type of normal instrument (only one summoned instrument at a time, and disappears if dropped) and maybe a sketchbook with drawing supplies?
    I'm pretty sure 3d8 save for half is fine.

The only reason I have not completed my app yet, is if the GM still will not allow me to play a lesser Aasimar even with being humanoid planetouched, instead of outsider, I offered to also remove the +2 Wis and my 1/day daylight spell.

I figured that it's a big enough nerf, but still gives me +2 Charisma.

It's also the main reason he would have the Celestial Heritage warlock feature. :)

Did perhaps the GM say no, because I took 2 feats? Celestial Heritage and Outsider Wings?

Outsider Wings (Celestial)
    ( Races of Faerun, p. 167)
    [General]
    You have sprouted wings appropriate to your heritage, revealing the power of your supernatural bloodline.

Prerequisite: Aasimar or tiefling, and Will saves +2, base Fortitude, Celestial Bloodline or Fiendish Bloodline, Reflex,

Benefit: You gain wings (feathered if an aasimar, batlike if a tiefling), allowing you to fly at your land speed (average maneuverability). A medium or heavy load that would reduce your land speed reduces your fly speed a proportionate amount.

Added Note. Warlocks have fell flight invocation at 6th, if I wanted to gain flight through an invocation.
    FELL FLIGHT
    Lesser; 3rd
    When you use this invocation, the powers of darkness bear you aloft as you sprout a streaming, winglike cape of shadows. You can fly at a speed equal to your land speed with good maneuverability for 24 hours.

If the wings were the reason not approving the lesser aasimar, I can simply not gain flight in general. Feats or Invocation. Does it also mean banning any other methods of flight and teleportation?
    Flight is fine, you will have a ceiling and being a flyer may make things... Interesting to say the least in certain encounters. Sorry that I was late on answering the latest bunch of questions.

--------------------------ALL----------------------

I won't correspond to finished charakters, if there isn't a question attached.

Sorry for taking longer for this set of questions, I hope I could answer anything that came up. Should I missed questions, please just send them again.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2024-03-20 at 05:13 AM.