New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Building an Antipaladin build in PF1e

Hello! I've heard some bad things about Antipaladin and how bad it was, so I decided to create a build using it as practice for optimizing bad things, because someone said that you can optimize weird, niche, and strange options into relevance. Don't remember who said it, but I like it!

Here goes:

Race: Aasimar - Agathionblooded
    We're going to take Lost Promise, because they fell from grace, hence why they became an Antipaladin. They liked the 'kill' part of 'go out and kill demons' too much and then became corrupted.
    Here's our stat layout:
    STR 12 / DEX 10 / CON 12 / INT 15 / WIS 7 / CHA 18

Consumed by anger, they are cunning and cruel, and strong, and I tried to embody that in the stats with high INT and CHA. Here's our equipment:
    Splint Mail (200 GP)
    Greataxe (20 GP)

We started with 230 GP, we'll keep the last 10.

Skills:
    We have 4 ranks (2+2=4) and we'll put them into
    Spellcraft
    Intimidate
    Knowledge (Planes)
    Bluff

We'll take 11 levels of Antipaladin for 3rd level spells, and Summon Monster III, so that we can summon dark beings for our Blackfire Adept. Basically, this person summons monsters and uses them to strike fear into the hearts of all who have any scrap of light in their hearts. We're going to have 8 levels of Blackfire adept for a couple of reasons. First, that's when the Spellcasting +1 ends. Second, it's when Accursed Sympathy exists. Now, we have one level left. We're going to take another Antipaladin level, and thus concludes my Antipaladin build. And now... for feats!
    And traits, I guess.

Traits: Diabolical Dabbler
    Broken Mind (for background flavor)

Feats:
    2: Contagious Spell
    4: Extend Spell
    6: Persuasive
    8: Angelic Blood
    10: Champion of Destruction (I assume it stacks with Smite Good)
    12: Critical Focus
    14: Accursed Critical
    16: Bleeding critical
    18: Tiring Critical
    20: Angel Wings

ASI's:
    STR
    STR
    STR
    CHA
    CHA

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Building an Antipaladin build in PF1e

Quote Originally Posted by TheHalfAasimar View Post
    Hello! I've heard some bad things about Antipaladin and how bad it was
    It's primarily bad not because of its mechanics, but because of its code of conduct that makes the class essentially impossible to play in most parties, even evil-aligned parties.

If you want a mechanically weak class to optimize, I suggest Samurai, Cavalier, or Swashbuckler.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Building an Antipaladin build in PF1e

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    It's primarily bad not because of its mechanics, but because of its code of conduct that makes the class essentially impossible to play in most parties, even evil-aligned parties.

If you want a mechanically weak class to optimize, I suggest Samurai, Cavalier, or Swashbuckler.
    Oh, I see. I made a Samurai build at one point, too. I'll check out Swashbuckler.