New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Factotum treating disease.

What options does a factotum have for treating/curing disease. Looking for something better than just performing heal checks would prefer something magical and instaneous in nature. My first though was using a summon monster spell for something with cure disease, but I didn't see any of those monsters with that ability.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

smile Re: Factotum treating disease.

Lesser Planar Binding -> Movanic Deva? You do need to be level 13 for that.

I think the usual approach would be simply putting ranks into UMD and buying a scroll of Remove Disease.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Factotum treating disease.

You have Heal and Profession (Healer) as class skills. Bards have a number of healing spells, and they're arcane casters that you can emulate. You've got UMD as a class skill for wands and scrolls for divine spells, as well as spells that allow you to summon beings that cast divine spells. If you're (part-)human, you have relatively easy access to the chameleon, which has a floating feat (for Extra Spell) and access to divine casting when you need it. You're also effectively a spellcaster, and you have Craft (Alchemy) as a class skill for some alchemical medicinal items. You also have social skills to convince a healer to do it for you. Or you could just buy some potions or some spellcasting services. If you take item crafting feats, you could make magic items for it.
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2024-03-22 at 02:03 PM.