New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Help making a player race

I was wondering if anyone could help me with making or finding a custom race, I want to build a character based on Asuraman/Shivano from Kinnikuman, basically a 6 armed human, is there any way to do this in 3.5e without a huge level adjustment?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Help making a player race

The need for a level adjustment largely comes from the fact that tripling a character's number of arms triples their number of attacks. If you gave the race some sort of special restriction preventing them from using more than 2 arms for weapon attacks in any given round, it might be possible to do away with the level adjustment.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Help making a player race

Such a race will indeed never not have LA, but as far as huge is concerned… How big an LA would you consider huge? The Obah-BlessedDungeon136 template is basically what you want at LA +3, and if you drop Multiweapon Fighting as a bonus feat and most of the ability bonuses (+6 CHA on something looking that weird? +6 CON? Why? How?), you can likely shave off a point from that.

Alternatively, the RLA thread gave the Aberrant Limbs unique NPC abilityDMG2 LA +1. Taking it twice (which I'm not sure is RAW-legal, but hey, we are talking RLA and homebrew) gets you the same 6 arms at the same LA +2. I'm not sure you can or should expect you can get that cheaper, though, barring some penalties elsewhere.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-03-27 at 10:26 AM.